Author Topic: Fast Times at Ridgemont High: Greatest movie of the 80s, or greatest movie ever?  (Read 14356 times)

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
The movie did indeed suck, but I wasn't really watching it.
萌え~

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
I don't think the dubbing helped.

It was fucking unwatchable.

I saw it with subtitles. So not only did I have to watch a fucking terrible movie, I had to READ at the same time. >:(

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
I don't think the dubbing helped.

It was fucking unwatchable.

I saw it with subtitles. So not only did I have to watch a fucking terrible movie, I had to READ at the same time. >:(
Subtitles definitely bother me a lot less than dubbing. When I saw Fearless, the subtitles didn't bother me at all.
AMC

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
What was significant about CTHD's story?

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB

It was really boring.
serge

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist

Phoenix Dark

It was interesting and really brought a lot of substance to the other. CTHD isn't just another generic, standard kung fu action movie or something. It introduces interesting characters and centers around a pretty simple object (a sword) that they are searching for; their reactions to the sword really demonstrate what kind of characters they are.

Plus the ending was kinda sad. I remember walking out the theater and being shocked that many people were crying as they left the theater. Outside of Passion of the Christ I've never seen that happen before.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 02:45:31 AM by Phoenix Dark »

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
Now fearless, THATS a good movie.
萌え~

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
It was interesting and really brought a lot of substance to the other. CTHD isn't just another generic, standard kung fu action movie or something. It introduces interesting characters and centers around a pretty simple object (a sword) that they are searching for; their reactions to the sword really demonstrate what kind of characters they are.
Plus the ending was kinda sad. I remember walking out the theater and being schocked that many people were crying as they left the theater. Outside of Passion of the Christ I've never seen that happen before.
Outside of Passion of the Christ I've never seen that happen before.
why would you watch that movie?  I mean we clearly disagree on the plot of CTHD and Hero and whatever but why would you watch that movie?

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
Plus the ending was kinda sad. I remember walking out the theater and being schocked that many people were crying as they left the theater. Outside of Passion of the Christ I've never seen that happen before.
why would you watch that movie?  I mean we clearly disagree on the plot of CTHD and Hero and whatever but why would you watch that movie?
Maybe because he's Christian?
AMC

Phoenix Dark

My mom wanted me to see it. I saw it. I liked some things about it, such as the cinematography, acting, as well as the way Gibson portrayed certain things in the movie. I didn't like some things, such as the editing/flashbacks and much of the non biblical content Gibson added to the movie, which I felt really cheapened it in areas.

Overall it wasn't great, nor was it terrible, and I'm certainly not going to waste my time arguing over it on a board as contrived and closed minded as this. The movie had a central theme I found to be extremely powerful; people can bitch about the violence all they want, but in the end the entire point of the movie is to say "this is what he went through for you". And that's all I'm going to say about that.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
In any case it shows how the possibility of experiencing god is so innate.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Guys, Passion is probably the best snuff film we're ever going to see.  I thank Gibson for it every time I'm done climaxing to it.

Anyway, to get this thread back on track, I'm going to post Phoebe Cate's boobies from the film in question.  DO NOT highlight the spoiler if you don't like seeing titties.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
yar

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
You're a good man, Triumph.
AMC

Phoenix Dark

In any case it shows how the possibility of experiencing god is so innate.

Dun dun dunnnn

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
Triumph for mod!
萌え~

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
Dun dun dunnnn
Hey man I'm sorry you can't take back your 7 dollars but I'm just saying what's shit and what's not because you showed apparant interest.

Phoenix Dark

Dun dun dunnnn
Hey man I'm sorry you can't take back your 7 dollars but I'm just saying what's shit and what's not because you showed apparant interest.

Meh, it's your opinion. For the most part you listed movies I like, although I noticed you didn't list any classic/drama/etc type movies. Lots of action stuff but it's all good

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
Meh, it's your opinion. For the most part you listed movies I like, although I noticed you didn't list any classic/drama/etc type movies. Lots of action stuff but it's all good
They were all fairly recent movies fruit cake.

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
SO many posts, so little time.
萌え~

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
SO many posts, so little time.
I'm writing college essays due in 24 hours, FUCK ME 800 WORDS TO GO!

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
Man I rock at writing essays, 800 words is NOTHING if I got a good topic.
萌え~

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
Man I rock at writing essays, 800 words is NOTHING if I got a good topic.
I have 200 for academic preparation (yeah...lol) and 600 for potential to contribute (I think I can say something...).

Error Macro

• Has Raimi-itis!
Phoebe Cates was awesome.

The song "Phoebe Cates" by Fenix TX rocks. (even moreso in the pre-release version where they had a sample of The Cars' "Moving In Stereo" but they couldn't get the rights to it for the retail version)

I have an original poster for Paradise.

I have an autographed picture of her.

About five or six years ago, I went through this period where I was obsessed with her  :-\ (even bought the movie Shag because she was in it... Warning: Don't buy the movie Shag.  maybe rent it if you must)
sig

whiteACID

• RAWR
Hmm...I've never seen it, should I?
boo

Error Macro

• Has Raimi-itis!
Hmm...I've never seen it, should I?

Yes.

In fact, I'm going to start calling you Spicoli.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 01:42:53 PM by Error Macro »
sig

whiteACID

• RAWR
Why?
boo

Himu

I watched Hero for about 20 minutes on FX and turned it off because it was so distinguished mentally-challenged.

qft the way they do story telling in the movie is awful
IYKYK

Error Macro

• Has Raimi-itis!
Why?

"All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine."

watch the movie
[close]
sig

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
Never watched the movie in its entirety. Downloading now :-[
:9

Bacon

• MEMBER #37
Guys, Passion is probably the best snuff film we're ever going to see.  I thank Gibson for it every time I'm done climaxing to it.

Anyway, to get this thread back on track, I'm going to post Phoebe Cate's boobies from the film in question.  DO NOT highlight the spoiler if you don't like seeing titties.

[close]

Even better.
NSFW
[close]

Never watched the movie in its entirety. Downloading now :-[

Buy it you asshole it's Cameron Crowe.

BTW, is there an unrated or uncut version of Paradise on DVD? Cause if so you know I'm jackin it.

Even better.
NSFW
[close]

haa

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
[close]

Even better.
NSFW
[close]

Best GIF Ever

Buy it you asshole it's Cameron Crowe.

:-*

But downloading it so easy peezy
:9

Error Macro

• Has Raimi-itis!
BTW, is there an unrated or uncut version of Paradise on DVD? Cause if so you know I'm jackin it.

There's a Korean version, it's NTSC Region 0, so it should play fine on any DVD player.  Apparently Willie Aames' uhh, willie, is blurred out, but Phoebe is thankfully intact. 

http://www.amazon.com/Paradise-Uncut-Version-Phoebe-Cates/dp/B0007W6HVM/sr=1-1/qid=1164923086/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-5851755-5153757?ie=UTF8&s=dvd
sig

Bacon

• MEMBER #37

There's a Korean version, it's NTSC Region 0, so it should play fine on any DVD player.  Apparently Willie Aames' uhh, willie, is blurred out, but Phoebe is thankfully intact. 

http://www.amazon.com/Paradise-Uncut-Version-Phoebe-Cates/dp/B0007W6HVM/sr=1-1/qid=1164923086/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-5851755-5153757?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

Guess I can't have my cake and eat it too. :(