Author Topic: I have a fear of Vortexes/Whirlpools (AKA What irrational fears do you have?)  (Read 8594 times)

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
Was playing Okami just now and got the part where I have to create a giant Vortex in the ocean. As I approached it I felt myself getting nervous at how huge it looked. It wasn't something overblown but it got me thinking to that one time I went whale watching and how I would feel if a Vortex started to form off whatever side of the ship...

:-\

The pic is probably some Photoshop/Render but thats not cool at all

I've also been reading up a little on the natural phenomena. Apparently its a rare occurrence in the ocean (obviously due too lack of rocks/waves and other inhibitors) and the power of Vortexs are apparently overblown (due to fables and ol' sea stories). BUT theres a large Vortex off of Australia that was found recently...its 200 kilometers across, 1,000 Meters deep (3,000 Feet :-\) and is spinning at 5 kilometers per hour (3 mp/h). That shit ain't right.

Reading one comment on that very Vortex, a scientist stated that they can literally feel the ship change bearing due too the Vortex :-\ :-\ :-\

Now watch me dream about being sucked down into a large Vortex from which the pitch black abyss of hell can be seen the moment you get sucked down hundreds of meters down...

:9

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
spooky movies where phantom children run around out of sight giggling all creepy like. That shit freaks me out.
o_0

Christopher

• Justin Timberlake's #1 Fan
Blue what do you think is in the middle of them though :o

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
Well theoretically at the center of a spinning black hole is a stable wormhole event horizon.
o_0

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
Blue what do you think is in the middle of them though :o

:-\

That very question strikes fear into my heart. All I know is that, as far as that Australian Vortex, you won't be seeing shiat except freaky fish and probably a ghostly image of Phoenix Dark without his eyes.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
koreans

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
The LSAT

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Sharks

xnikki118x

• Hanson Defense Force
Black holes.

Vacuum cleaners.
:-*

whiteACID

• RAWR
I'm just scared of spiders,creepy fucking spiders
boo

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
I'm just scared of spiders,creepy fucking spiders

Wobedraggled

• Almost Died Once
Insects in general, I find them ver neat to look at but not to get close to.

Wii

Christopher

• Justin Timberlake's #1 Fan

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man

cubicle47b

Quote from: MAF
spooky movies where phantom children run around out of sight giggling all creepy like. That shit freaks me out.

Probably not a big fan of Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works, Vol. II then.

I don't like needles.  Probably because I don't like the idea of being penetrated.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 12:40:30 PM by cubicle47b »

:(
haa

whiteACID

• RAWR
jesus god what the fuck is that?
boo

Bacon

• MEMBER #37
That's nothing. You should see my pubic lice.

whiteACID

• RAWR
mother of god
boo

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
oh shit, how did you kill it?
萌え~

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
(Image removed from quote.)

the fuck? get that shit outta here!!!!!!!!!!!!111
UNF

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
The gaf tag makes more sense now.
萌え~

Melissa

I have a fear of Vortexes/Whirlpools

Make sure to rent Uzumaki then!

:o
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

:o
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
:(

Vortex's in the spiritual sense is creepy too. Where will it lead? What does it mean? OMGOSH NO! :(

What about spirals in general?  Do they creep you out too?
haa

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
Not really spirals alone, its the mixture of spirals and dark unknown places being mixed together. More or less that your being forced down into the depths.

Well, there goes my toilet joke :'(
haa

Loki

Insects, rats -- basically anything more mobile than myself which is also small enough to crawl up my pants leg or fly inside bodily cavities.

Once it gets to be a certain size (like a 15 pound cat or dog or ferret or whatever) I don't worry, because I can either kick its ass or outrun it, but small critters like bugs (excepting mosquitoes/ants/flies) and small rats/mice?  Head for the hills! :D

G The Resurrected

Oh boy i hate spiders cause i can never freaking kill them. But my worst fear has to do with water and swimming in deep waters off the shore. When i cant feel the sand anymore underneath my feet i freak.

I'm not freaked by much else i dont think.

cloudwalking

• I LIVE IN SWITZERLAND I LIVE IN SWITZERLAND I LIVE IN SWITZERLAND I LIVE IN SWITZERLAND
  • Forum Princess
My two phobias are graveyards and needles.

I hate so much as walking on the sidewalk next to a graveyard. Umm I never visit any of my relatives' graves because I am too scared to go in the graveyard.

Needles, shit I hate those. Whenever I have to get vaccinated I need like 3 people holding me down :'( Scares the shit out of me.

shedt

needles, cutting myself or my wrists by accident