Author Topic: Notemesh.com  (Read 534 times)

whiteACID

• RAWR
Notemesh.com
« on: November 30, 2006, 10:09:40 AM »
For the college students here. This is a great site I started using last quarter. I sent an e-mail out to everyone in my classes encouraging them to use it too. Simply put, is it a "Wikipedia" for notes. You can create the classes you are in and students in that class can upload or type their notes, other users can use or edit them. It's great if you're out sick and missed class and sometimes other people just pick up on stuff you didn't.

www.notemesh.com
Notemesh.com is a website that allows students to share their class notes, with the philosophy "collaborate to graduate."

In May 2006, Ryan Cornelius of the University of Texas, Austin realized that he didn't study properly for a government final exam. He put a study guide on a collaborative website ("wiki") and let other students fill in the missing answers.

In late July, 2006, the website was made public to all students at the University of Texas.

One month later, it was made public to all students, even internationally.
boo

shedt

Re: Notemesh.com
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 10:54:12 AM »
sounds cool, but i'm not a student right now. nice link though thx for sharing

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 10:58:12 AM »
I want this site to become popular, it helped me out a lot in one of my classes last quarter. I was sick and missed a week, I probably would have gotten a B or C on my Final if it wasn't for this site.
boo

G The Resurrected

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 06:30:44 AM »
thats the best idea i've ever seen for a site in a long time. hopefully i can look at other peoples notes from other classes so i can get other ideas on subjects. thanks WhiteACID for showing us this site.