Author Topic: Dazed and Confused would be the best movie ever if it had Phoebe Cates boobs  (Read 951 times)

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
Yes, the movie kicks ass.  The Criterion Collection version is one of my favorite of all Criterions. 

The movie is hilarious and extremely quotable.
serge

Error Macro

• Has Raimi-itis!
Never seen it  :-X

But I heard there was a black '71 or '72 Chevy C10 in it, so I must check it out.
sig

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Wooderson or Spicoli?  The eternal debate. 
yar

TVC15

Oh god, this movie is fucking hilarious.

Oddly enough, growing up in the middle of nowhere, highschool 1976 and 1996 aren't really all that much different.  Even the music was largely the same.
serge

Cheebs

• How's my posting? Call 1-866-MAF-BANS to report flame bait.
It's a rip-off of a George Lucas movie, but taking place 10 years later. lol

Except the Lucas movie was nominated for best picture, director, writer, actor and so on.

DAZED AND CONFUSED LOSES
spoiler (click to show/hide)
I own the CC dvd of Dazed & Confused
[close]

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
D & C is overrated. Not really a good stoner humor movie and not really a good teen romantic comedy movie.  But, I could see how it would resonate with some people.

TVC15

It's a rip-off of a George Lucas movie, but taking place 10 years later. lol

Except the Lucas movie was nominated for best picture, director, writer, actor and so on.

DAZED AND CONFUSED LOSES
spoiler (click to show/hide)
I own the CC dvd of Dazed & Confused
[close]

Actually it takes place about 20 years later than American Graffiti did.  And it's hard to pin at as being a rip-off since Linklater's previous movie, Slacker, uses a very similar style.  The D&C style is modified a bit (probably with the help of movies like AG), but it's still his style of the time.  It's also worth pointing out that D&C spends more time pointing out the faults of its respective error (and possibly generation) while AG is a pretty simple nostalgia piece.  As I said, D&C was probably (most definitely) inspired by AG (along with 20 other high school comedies) but could you really fault it?

D & C is overrated. Not really a good stoner humor movie and not really a good teen romantic comedy movie.  But, I could see how it would resonate with some people.

I kinda like it for it's "Day in the life of. . ." nature.  It's like a poloroid picture of a specific day or a specific year.  Interesting characters, a lot of portraits of people that could be found in just about any town in America (still).  Some really hilarious bits, too.  Well written, well acted.  Features a lot of familiar faces that weren't familiar at the time.

But yeah, I don't think it could really be anything but a cult movie. 
serge

Cheebs

Actually it takes place about 20 years later than American Graffiti did.  And it's hard to pin at as being a rip-off since Linklater's previous movie, Slacker, uses a very similar style.  The D&C style is modified a bit (probably with the help of movies like AG), but it's still his style of the time.  It's also worth pointing out that D&C spends more time pointing out the faults of its respective error (and possibly generation) while AG is a pretty simple nostalgia piece.  As I said, D&C was probably (most definitely) inspired by AG (along with 20 other high school comedies) but could you really fault it?

Of course I don't fault it. I love D & C. It isn't bad that it takes a lot from AG. George Lucas set the benchmark for high school comedies.

Man that sounds so weird to say.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
and later he would set the bar for high school production-grade writing!
duc

The Miles Trahan Burger Experiment

• Can he only eat just one?
  • The Walking Dead
I don't get all the Dazed and Confused hate. This movie is just a fun, extremely quotable good time.

Fuck the haters, I wanna dance! :heartbeat
BKO

Cheebs

I don't get all the Dazed and Confused hate. This movie is just a fun, extremely quotable good time.

It's great, yes. But go watch it's predecessor. Ignore the fact it is written & directed by George Lucas.

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
Never seen it.

Probably won't unless I get a hold of the Criterion version, which is unlikely in KY.
HLR

TVC15

It's great, yes. But go watch it's predecessor. Ignore the fact it is written & directed by George Lucas.

American Graffiti is pretty great.  I haven't seen it in a couple years.  I may have to grab it tonite.
serge

The Miles Trahan Burger Experiment

• Can he only eat just one?
  • The Walking Dead

"Yeeeeeeeeaaaah boooooooooiiieeeeeeeeee!"
BKO