Author Topic: the new Cradle of Filth albums rocks hard  (Read 460 times)

shedt

the new Cradle of Filth albums rocks hard
« on: December 01, 2006, 10:13:29 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thornography

My quick mini-review-

Cradle of Filth have really defined thier music IMHO. maybe more-so "commerical" with more melodies and sometimes cleaner vocals, this album for me really shines. it takes everything i like about the band and improves on it, it sounds new but still keeps the same feeling, for me at least.

kinda funny though my daughter even likes to sing along.

Anyhow,

awesome album, can be listened to from beginning to end. if you really like metal that is.

My favorite songs:

Tonight in Flames, The Byronic Man, The Foetus of a New Day Kicking, Temptation,  I am the Thorn

i really like all of them, but those are prob. my fav. but the second song is really good too.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Re: the new Cradle of Filth albums rocks hard
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 11:45:47 AM »
Isn't this one of those cookie monster metal bands? Ugh I like metal, but those vocals piss me off. There's nothing worse than hearing a killer riff/base peddling/etc for a minute and thinking "damn this is awesome" and then being hit with those oogaa booga cookie monster vocals :-\

shedt

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 11:55:50 AM »
no not all all. damn libertina grim is a awesome song too. i used to not like Cradle because i did not really listen to them, i was like "ahh this singing is nasty." but after i actually gave it a chance, damn it blew my mind away how much it rocked. same with all my friends, they hated them until they actually listened to them, and not just looked at thier clothes or just listening to casually and shit.

Saint Cornelius

• Always rockin' the sawed-off wisdom.
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 11:56:21 AM »
I really like Lamb of God's new one, and while it's not metal per se there's this band called Cinemechanica that is on some brutal ass math-rawk.
dap

shedt

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 11:58:34 AM »
i'll check them out, so much good music sooo much :rock

p.s. Killswitch Engage's new album is pretty good. i think i like the end of heartache more though