Author Topic: Lost Planet to be advertised in Times Square on 3,000 square foot HDTV  (Read 1782 times)

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/12360/Capcoms-Lost-Planet-Takes-on-Times-Square/

SUNNYVALE, Calif Dec. 1, 2006 — Capcom® today announced that Lost Planet™: Extreme Condition for Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft will take center stage in the heart of New York Times Square throughout the month of December. A gripping 60-second trailer for the game will be broadcasted on the 3,000 square foot NBC SharpVision HDTV screen at the intersection of 42nd Street and Seventh Avenue from December 4 through 31. The promotional spots will highlight action-packed footage from the game and will generate more than 40 million impressions during its scheduled run which covers two of the year's biggest holidays: Christmas and New Year's Eve. Lost Planet carries a “T” rating for teen audiences by the ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board) and will be available across North America on January 12.

Lookin' good.

Mupepe

• Icon
Re: Lost Planet to be advertised in Times Square on 3,000 square foot HDTV
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 08:28:59 PM »
Seems like it's going to be a hell of a marketing campaign

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 08:48:32 PM »
I dunno, it just seemed interesting.

G The Resurrected

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 10:44:57 AM »
Well anything that gets the game selling on massive fronts is good news. I hope someone at gaf or something takes some video of it. I've never seen that big of a HDTV.

Shuri

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 11:52:40 AM »
I think this game will bomb.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 06:03:10 PM »
That's what I see coming.  I think they set really high predictions because of the success of Dead Rising.  But the problem is that people relate Dead Rising to the Dawn of the Dead movie and that's where most of the interest was from IMO.  Plus, everyone loves to kill zombies and especially done in a way that Dead Rising did it. 

But this, people won't notice nearly as much IMO.  It doesn't have an immediate reference when you see it.  The only thing is how gorgeous it looks in motion.  Hopefully the TV's in Times Square will present that to a lot of people. 

Diablos

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 06:43:05 PM »
R6: Vegas should get more lip service OMG OMG OMG awesome x 10
o_0

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2006, 07:07:57 PM »
On the contrary I think it will sell very well. Because the game is fun as fuck based off the single and multi demos. All the videos I've seen it looks awesome. Although history shows console games with mechs never seem to sell well.
萌え~

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2006, 08:17:14 PM »
On the contrary I think it will sell very well. Because the game is fun as fuck based off the single and multi demos. All the videos I've seen it looks awesome. Although history shows console games with mechs never seem to sell well.
Especially new IP's.  Most people are amazing when I show it to them in action, but in stills most people don't think it looks impressive (from my experience of course).  I want it to succeed.

Tigerriot

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2006, 04:23:25 AM »
I really hope you guys are wrong with your "bomb" predictions.  :(

I haven't really followed this game's production cycle, but i've just recently started to take notice.  It looks pretty freaking cool.  The print ads looks cool as hell.  They're in my most recent mags quite a bit.

I also love the fact that the game has a January release date.  I wish more publishers would realize that you don't have to release a game between Sep-Dec to have it sell well.  I really hope this game proves that point somehow.  Hey, Resident Evil 4 came out in January, if I remember correctly.

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2006, 09:44:06 AM »
It's going to be the Capbomb 5 all over again. I don't really get the hype for this game.
}Ö{

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2006, 10:50:49 AM »
The demo was alright, but it didn't really wow me.

I'm sure that it will probably be a good addition to my 360 library, but it won't sell on a GoW/ Dead Rising level, that's for sure.
HLR

Oblivion

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2006, 09:04:56 PM »
It'll sell about as well as Dead Rising, maybe a bit more. But it's not going to sell the 2 million or whatever number Capcom's deluding to themselves.

Also, such an ad campaign seems really unnecessary imo.