Author Topic: Well I finally bought a DS and got Brain Age  (Read 3415 times)

Prost

Well I finally bought a DS and got Brain Age
« on: December 03, 2006, 06:57:23 PM »
Well I would sit here and brag and go "what the fuck, second day and I already fucking hit 20?"  but I know it happened to all of you too......  man what the fuck with that game?  It's so small, I expected a whole ton of shit, but it's just basic training things.  I admit.. pretty fun ( I love time challenging myself on the math calculations and taking the time to do the soduken or whatever it's called)... but it's small :(

We got the doctor game, lawyer game, and nintendogs (Denise is playing that now, it sounds so stupid.. hahah).  The doctor game is pretty cool, and haven't touched the lawyer game...  but overall this little handheld is pretty kick ass!

I haven't had a handheld since the original gameboy that I played metroid, kwirk, F1 racing, and TMNT on....  and this one is pretty fucking awesome!

Now I thought I heard someone saying something about downloading SNES games and getting them on there?  Is that possible or just something I heard wrong?  Also anyone know where I can get FF3 discounted? Because it looks pretty fun ;)
:-þ

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
Re: Well I finally bought a DS and got Brain Age
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 06:59:03 PM »
My favorite DS Games:

Mega Man ZX
Yoshi's Island II
Final Fantasy III
Advance Wars DS
Children of Mana
Castlevania Dawn o Sorrow
o_0

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 07:03:16 PM »
Wow you missed out a lot of good gba games then, prost. You can play them on your DS so you might want to get some on the cheap.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 07:04:47 PM by Viz »
萌え~

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 07:14:44 PM »
Final FAntasy V is on sale for $24 at CC this week

Yoshis Island DS is on sale for $24 at Target

Look online and you can buy shit off the web for $10 off using Google Checkout
fat

Prost

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 07:28:57 PM »
Final FAntasy V is on sale for $24 at CC this week

Yoshis Island DS is on sale for $24 at Target

Look online and you can buy shit off the web for $10 off using Google Checkout
awesome thanks :pirate
:-þ

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 07:43:12 PM »
I know buy.com has a deal going on where you can get $20 off $50 or more using Google Checkout

So that's like buying 2 games half off? Kinda.
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
fat

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2006, 11:04:45 AM »
Wow, you just now got a DS? Well...I got mind around this time last year. NintendDogs was my first game (besided MK, which came with my DS) and I was utterly dissapointed with it. I was hooked on Animal Crossing and Magnetica for awhile. I played my DS A LOT over the summer, I went out of town almost every weekend and took it with me.

I got one of the Mario Kart red DS's, I love it. I don't even want to get a DS lite. My DS just fits to perfectly in my hands, I did pick up some DS lite Stylii's though and I play with those.
boo

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2006, 11:04:48 AM »
Thanks for the deals, demi.  You just meant that I will get Children of Mana instead of something dumb like a sweater for Secret Hannukah Harry this year.
PSP

Tigerriot

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2006, 09:43:48 AM »
Everyone is likely gonna list the obvious DS games to get, and i'd agree with probably all of them.  Anything with Mario is great, and the new Yoshi game is great although not nearly as good as the original.  I'm gonna list what I think are some of the lost gems for the DS, and they truly are gems.

Yoshi's Touch & Go - People are gonna tell you this game is not that great.  They're lying to you.  It's literally one of the best games for the DS, if you're capable of getting into this type of game.  It's basically one of those old school arcade type games, where it's all about high score.  You can traverse any one of the 4 modes of play, and you're basically trying to get the highest score possible.  I think it's one of the best DS centric games so far for the system.  I'd love to see a Wii version, but the asshole review scores probably will prevent it from ever happening.  :punch

Pac-Pix - No, this game isn't as good as Yoshi, but it's still quite brilliant.  Pac Pix, like Yoshi's T&G, can also be had for a very cheap price these days.  Pac Pix basically has you drawing PacMan's on the screen, and they suddenly become alive and you manipulate them around the screen by drawing lines.  It's really quite awesome, but it's just too short of a game.  However, it really is one of those games that so cool that you might just find yourself playing it here and there for years to come.

I'd also throw in Kirby:Canvas Curse, and Wario Ware touched.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 01:37:09 PM by Tigerriot »

Roland

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2006, 01:05:51 PM »
Phoenix Wright is simply awesome.  It made me think that I'd love to see a port of Snatcher on the DS.
I really enjoyed Cooking Mama as well.

Itch

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2006, 01:09:06 PM »
Evilwhores!

Should I buy Yoshi's Island DS? How does it compare with the original?

Yo... I never really paid attention before but is Yoshi a dude or a chick???
esq

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2006, 01:18:44 PM »
Yoshi has a penis and a vagina.
PSP

MrAngryFace

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2006, 01:20:34 PM »
Lol tigerriot lists every mediocre use of the stylus.

Only goo use of the stylus ive seen is March of the Minis and Meteos. Tiger is a crappy stylus apologist.
o_0

Tigerriot

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2006, 01:40:11 PM »
Lol tigerriot lists every mediocre use of the stylus.

Only goo use of the stylus ive seen is March of the Minis and Meteos. Tiger is a crappy stylus apologist.

::)  Aplogist?  It's funny that you say "mediocre use of the stylus".  The games I listed happen to use the stylus quite a bit.  Let's be honest here, a lot of the big DS games don't use the stylus at all.  Mario Kart DS (nope), Yoshi's Island DS (nope), Tetris DS (not really), and on and on.

The games I listed actually use the DS in creative ways that I found interesting.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2006, 01:46:55 PM »
The best games dont use the stylus lol. March of the Minis and Kirby, and elite beat agents are the exceptions
o_0

Tigerriot

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2006, 02:05:48 PM »
The best games dont use the stylus lol. March of the Minis and Kirby, and elite beat agents are the exceptions

I'd have to agree, and it's the sad little secret of the DS.  :shh

But, I do think there are a handful of games that use the touch screen quite well, and those games are better for it.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2006, 02:09:56 PM »
Lets go troll the burnout thread!
o_0

Tigerriot

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2006, 02:10:52 PM »
Lets go troll the burnout thread!

Nah, i've said my piece in that thread.  I love those games too much.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2006, 02:11:52 PM »
:(
o_0