Author Topic: BORECAST QUESTION OF THE SHOW: Video Game Rage  (Read 8254 times)

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
BORECAST QUESTION OF THE SHOW: Video Game Rage
« on: March 08, 2009, 09:45:45 AM »
This is for Episode 5, which we'll be recording this week.  Your answers may be read on the air!

What's the worst act of Video Game Rage you've seen or committed?
sup

ferrarimanf355

• I have the cutest car on The Bore
Re: BORECAST QUESTION OF THE SHOW: Video Game Rage
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 10:50:35 AM »
This is for Episode 5, which we'll be recording this week.  Your answers may be read on the air!

What's the worst act of Video Game Rage you've seen or committed?

72 takedowns in a Road Rage event in Burnout Paradise. I had some issues that day. :-*

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 10:52:17 AM »
I'll repost what I posted on the Borecast page:

Lots of violence related to the original NES. The highlight would have to be me arguing with the neighbor over the original Contra- I can't even remember what the specific disagreement was, only that it involved Contra. He pushed me, so I flew into a blind 10 year old pudgy nerd rage and hit him in the head with the NES controller, which if you'll remember was all right angles. Well, it gave him about an inch long gash on his forehead and he ran around the living room bleeding all over everything, screaming and crying. No one was happy- his parents wanted to have me be arrested and my dad was pissed that there was blood all over the damn house. I think I was grounded for three months and had my videogame privileges revoked for six. I kept the bloodstained NES controller, though.
yar

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 10:53:24 AM »
Because of SF4 I punched my ten year younger cousin yesterday.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
To be fair, the boy is built like a tank, twice as big as me.
[close]
brb

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 11:03:35 AM »
Threw a controller through a fish tank once

A fish tank filled with water
fat

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 11:06:51 AM »
:lol awesome, keep em coming

also we have a twitter now because we're lame (it's empty now, I'll work on it later):

www.twitter.com/borecastshow

can you believe someone already took /borecast?
sup

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 11:30:22 AM »
I broke my headset cord playing Halo 2 online back in the day. Just recently I broke the casing on one of my 360 controllers while playing Mirror's Edge. Will provide pics upon request
jon

G The Resurrected

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 12:29:47 PM »
broke a n64 controller while trying to play superman 64. The game was so fucking horrible it made me kill a controller in frustration.

I blew a nes so hard that I shorted out the system with my spit.

Stuntman required me to nuke the disc after finish the game, so I would never play it again. It was a lesson in both frustration and the worlds worst load times ever!

Infinite Undiscovery, so bad I bought two copies and a guide. WTF was I thinking? Even the girlfriend won't play that trash game.

COD4 and Battlefield bad company killed two xbox 360 left sticks due to all the pushin in required to run in the game.

OH and how could I forget

I threw a sidewinder controller cause it kept changing the orientation of my physical movements. For what was a wii before the wii it was awesome till it started fucking up. I threw it out the screen window.

Also the countless times a console has failed or something has happened to a save I had.

I went apeshit one day at the girlfriend cause I thought she deleted my Oblivion save. Turned out it was cause the save was not transferable or some bullshit when we got our new 120gb system. We've had wars cause of saves over here. But right now its peace and love. But you never know who might start www3 up in this house.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 12:35:56 PM »
my old girlfriend hated video games, HATED them

which was odd to me, because i only played games around her twice (both times when she was doing other things i had zero interest in, like watching American Idol)

i bet she has a wii now
sup

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 12:39:48 PM »
I tossed a controller or two in my younger days, I think that's pretty much it. Almost got into a fist fight over Risk, though.
©@©™

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2009, 12:42:15 PM »
I've never tossed a controller in my life. Even when playing games I'm all meek and proper. I've flipped off the tv screen once or twice but proceeded to blush thereafter.
:9

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2009, 12:56:10 PM »
i smashed a game boy color when i died after spending an hour in in Dragon Warrior II in that shitty endless maze that you have to go through right before the last dungeon.  never did finish the game.  i've also crushed an nes and a sega cd - along with many other electronics - when they stopped working reliably (the worst was when I stomped my big-ass speakers to pieces when the sound kept cutting out).  more recently I punched a hole in my fucking door after a part in Mirror's Edge sent me into a drunken rage and will undoubtedly lose my deposit from it.  I also beat the fuck out of my space heater because of that same part.

pcp

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2009, 01:08:11 PM »
Disposable White Guy and I were playing Crimson Skies on the original Xbox, when he became so frustrated that he threw my dinner plate-sized Xbox controller at my sliding glass door.  Almost hard enough to break it.

All-time favorite story also involved Disposable White Guy and my brother, all three of us vacationing at a beach house at the Outer Banks in North Carolina.

I had brought my Xbox, so we could play Halo when the weather was ugly.  That day, it was overcast and drizzling off and on.  So instead of lugging our chairs, towels and beach paraphernalia to the ocean front, we stayed inside and played Halo.  Three guys, no teams - total free for all.  My brother was in high school at the time, so his videogame skills were still quite raw and he was easy pickings for veterans.  Disposable White Guy and I, on more than one occasion, double teamed him.

We did this a few times, and he began to protest, his voice cracking with each plea of, "Stop ganging up on me!"  This only fueled us to continue ganging up on the teenage lad.  At one point, we hijacked both Warthogs and took turns running over him when he respawned.  He began to tear up, so we stopped our shenanigans and focused on the game.

He still kept dying, not out of coordination, but lack of skill.

At this point, he shrieked like a girl - in the middle of the match - and threw down his controller.  He stomps over to the system, in the middle of play, and yells, "I'M GOING TO THE BEACH!" and unplugs the system.  He storms out of the house, and we watch from the second floor window as he marched angrily in the rain (in late afternoon, no less) towards the beach. :lol

The imagery of him walking to the beach, along with, "I'm going to the beach!" became something of catchphrase with us for whenever we became frustrated with something.  For my brother's part, after the debacle, he became something of a TacFag® disciple and honed his skills to the point where neither Disposable White Guy or myself can beat him at any shooter nowadays.

"TacFag"® is a registered trademark of Fragamemnon and Smarty Mans Games Ltd.
PSP

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2009, 01:11:40 PM »
Ooh ooh, I also stabbed a GBA a lot of times. Still have it too. Forgot why I did it, though. Must have been for a good reason.
fat

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2009, 01:12:12 PM »
Who wins in a fight: demi or a Game Boy Advance?  Prison rules apply.
PSP

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2009, 01:13:47 PM »
I had a friend (who is now ironically enough a co-worker) who had a library of 80+ NES games as a kid, quite envious when you're a 9 year old. Anyways, he would get so frustrated at all the NES games, he would constantly beat the shit out of his NES, throwing it up against the wall, kicking it, etc. And the NES would still work even after the beating.

:bow Nintendo build quality :bow2
^_^

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 01:32:57 PM »
I once got so frustrated at Ninja Gaiden (NES) that I walked outside in broad daylight and screamed FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

That was all I needed to beat the level next try.
HLR

cool breeze

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 02:06:00 PM »
broke a friend's gamecube after losing a race of Mario Kart Double Dash because the game is a cheap piece of shit.

the worst I saw was a guy throwing a controller at a TV only to have the controller break

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2009, 02:12:49 PM »
"I'm going to the beach!" :lol
:9

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2009, 02:29:56 PM »
Disposable White Guy and I, on more than one occasion, double teamed him.

We did this a few times, and he began to protest, his voice cracking with each plea of, "Stop

:wtf

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2009, 02:32:01 PM »
Typical Malek - always thinking about sodomy!
PSP

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2009, 04:34:11 PM »
I saw a dude pick up his keyboard and whack his monitor after getting knifed at a Counter-Strike LAN party. His keyboard broke and no one brought a spare so he packed up his shit and left.

Also
©ZH

T234

• Canadian Legal Expert and Hillballer
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2009, 07:31:28 PM »
Twisted an XBOX Controller S apart with my bare hands after a particularly irritating match of PGR2.
UK

GilloD

• TAKE THE LIFE OF FRED ASTAIRE. MAKE HIM PAY. TRANSFER HIS FAME TO YOU.
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2009, 07:55:34 PM »
A couple weeks ago I got super fed up at GoW2. I think I was playing that Courtyard shootout for probably the 90th time. Anyway, I got so fucking pissed that I just RAILED the 360 controller into my thigh- This thing is a fucking dagger. I gave myself the worse Charlie Horse I've ever had. I had this gigantic black and blue mark, haha. I sent that shit back to Gamefly.
wha

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2009, 07:56:54 PM »
I once got really mad at some shitty winter olympics game for the N64 that I ran over it with the lawn mower. The funny thing was it was blockbusters copy.

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2009, 08:02:08 PM »
Back when I played Wow, I was doing a raid with some kid who sounded like a fucking fairy. Well half of the group was my guild. Right before the end boss this guy's step dad starts yelling at the fairy and the fucking kid whines for like 10 minutes to his step dad. Then it sounded like his step dad hit him or something and it got really silent for 5 minutes. I broke the silence by saying, "What a cigarillo." Turned out the kid was still on and got really mad when everyone laughed at him.

Also,
[youtube=560,345]LWnyUtdcboc[/youtube]

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2009, 08:04:02 PM »
I once got really mad at some shitty winter olympics game for the N64 that I ran over it with the lawn mower. The funny thing was it was blockbusters copy.

Destroying other people's property?!

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2009, 08:05:25 PM »

Destroying other people's property?!

It was my Pre-Rand days. I was a lost soul.

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2009, 08:11:06 PM »
[youtube=560,345]kBVmfIUR1DA[/youtube]

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2009, 02:04:01 PM »
Thank you for namedropping us in that GAF Shawn Elliot non-gaming podcast thread, swaggaz (in more ways than one).  We got a few downloads out of it!
sup

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2009, 02:28:12 PM »
Thank you for namedropping us in that GAF Shawn Elliot non-gaming podcast thread, swaggaz (in more ways than one).  We got a few downloads out of it!

i can't find this thread. link plz
duc

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2009, 02:30:06 PM »
sup

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2009, 02:36:04 PM »
:o
duc

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2009, 02:38:20 PM »
seven, in case you are wondering :lol
sup

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2009, 02:53:07 PM »
The Borecast is slowly becoming the most famous podcast in the land.
HLR

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2009, 03:17:32 PM »
sloooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwlllllyyyyyyyy
brb

cool breeze

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2009, 03:25:36 PM »

seriously? that's cool

I just mention it because I genuinely enjoy the Borecast

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2009, 04:13:04 PM »
:lol
sup

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2009, 04:18:18 PM »
back when Crash 2 came out I spent a good portion of my time just playing it nonstop. I think it was summer? can't remember exactly.
anyway I remember getting to the Tiny boss battle and getting fucking destroyed.

I remember spending houuuuurs on that boss battle.

In the evening time got incredibly lucky and beat him
I instantly pressed the start button and went to go save my game.

Except my finger slipped
and i accidentally chose "Load"

before I realized what I'd done I had loaded my previous save game and undid an entire days worth of work.

I turned the game off and went to bed, crying myself to sleep.

i've never played Crash 2 since then.
nat

Himu

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2009, 05:13:12 PM »
At my old job somebody lost at Madden, and didn't come back to work for two days

:lol :lol
IYKYK

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2009, 05:29:22 PM »
Where's Bob?
- Oh you know, he lost at Madden.
brb

archie4208

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2009, 05:36:50 PM »
One of my friends had to call the police on his brother because he kept losing in Smash Bros Melee and was making death threats.

Herr Mafflard

« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2009, 06:34:03 PM »
I'm just listening to the latest Ep now and omg Eel I just burst out laughing when you did the Blanka impression. You just reminded me of the Billy Bob Thornton character in Sling Blade. "I just wanna be with my momma."         

It sounded exactly like the film!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2009, 09:54:41 PM »
Unfortunately I wasn't there to witness this, but at my old game store job, these two nerds got into a fistfight over some comic book character discussion.  Cops came and everything; I heard it was BRUTAL.   :lol
ど助平

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2009, 12:50:42 AM »
I'm just listening to the latest Ep now and omg Eel I just burst out laughing when you did the Blanka impression. You just reminded me of the Billy Bob Thornton character in Sling Blade. "I just wanna be with my momma."         

It sounded exactly like the film!

:lol i didn't even notice until you pointed it out, but yeah, i guess i was doing billy bob

i would totally see that new chun li movie if billy bob was playing blanka
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2009, 06:08:39 PM »
Thanks to everyone who answered

we'll be recording tonight, so if you'd rather we use your real (first) name please let me know before 10 pm eastern time
sup

ferrarimanf355

• I have the cutest car on The Bore
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2009, 06:11:21 PM »
Yeah, my name's Alex.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2009, 08:37:30 PM »
Episode 5 contained entirely too much FUCK YEAH for one show, so we're breaking it up into two parts.  Part 1 will be up early tomorrow, and the 2nd part will go up early on Friday the 20th.
sup

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2009, 10:07:00 PM »
I think folks will like this ep
duc