Author Topic: How stupid does Bungie think we are?  (Read 2252 times)

Tigerriot

How stupid does Bungie think we are?
« on: December 05, 2006, 03:27:13 AM »
I bought into all the hype for Halo 2, and in the end I was delivered a game that lacked most of what they claimed it would have.  "The fight to save the earth" became the fight on earth, but you'll have to wait til the next game to see how it ends.

I don't care how fancy your CG tailers are, i'm not going to allow myself to get completely sucked into Halo 3's hype machine until I hear that the game delivers on all the promises.  Bungie had better bring it, and bring it hard this time.

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
Re: How stupid does Bungie think we are?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 03:29:35 AM »
Fool, the only reason Halo 2 undelivered is the fact they programmed it for twice the ram the xbox had and realized this late into development and had to scrap features/ redo entire levels. Apparently the xbox dev kits have twice the ram.
萌え~

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 03:30:11 AM »
I haven't seen the new CG trailer, but how exactly does Bungie think you are "stupid?"  I could understand being a bit incredulous after Halo 2, but what is Bungie doing to make you feel stupid?
serge

Wobedraggled

• Almost Died Once
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 07:57:45 AM »
Fool, the only reason Halo 2 undelivered is the fact they programmed it for twice the ram the xbox had and realized this late into development and had to scrap features/ redo entire levels. Apparently the xbox dev kits have twice the ram.

And the #1 company to M$ was nto aware of this, bullshit.

The cg trailer worked, got all the dumbass halo fanboy's in a tizzy...
Wii

Tigerriot

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 09:22:27 AM »

I sure hope you don't actually believe that story.  Those jagbags spent 3 years making Halo 2.  Excuses are just that, excuses.

Quote from: TVC 15
I haven't seen the new CG trailer, but how exactly does Bungie think you are "stupid?"  I could understand being a bit incredulous after Halo 2, but what is Bungie doing to make you feel stupid?

I guess you're right.  My title doesn't completely fit my point.  :lol  I should have said "I'm not falling for Bungie's hype campaign this time".
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 09:25:21 AM by Tigerriot »

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 10:48:51 AM »
Halo is the most overrated drival on home console. It did nothing for first person shooters that PC shooters didnt already have. But, without this game there would be no xbox 360.

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 11:03:24 AM »
I fucking loved Halo and Halo 2. Ya, Halo one was my favorite, I didn't really like the story line in 2. But goddamn I loved me some duel wielding fucking people up barbary style ya!!
boo

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 11:33:47 AM »
The trailer got me pumped to play through the first two again, thats more than I can say for any nintendo games I never wanna play again lololol
o_0

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 11:34:23 AM »

I sure hope you don't actually believe that story.  Those jagbags spent 3 years making Halo 2.  Excuses are just that, excuses.

I do because it makes sense, remember that e3 vid where mc got off that helicopter and they're were fucking humans running around everywhere talking to each other and shit, that building got blown up and, he went out to to that warthog and went around shooting the covenant? With the ram being halved because they coded using all the ram xbox dev kits have (twice) it makes sense they got rid of all this. Now the level can still be seen in halo 2 we got, but it got highly reworked. Not to mention the graphics pop in. I have no doubt Halo 3 will deliver. Its a MUCH more powerful system.
萌え~

MrAngryFace

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2006, 11:35:45 AM »
NO U R WRONG! HOW DARE BUNGIE ADVERTISE GAMES!
o_0

Tigerriot

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2006, 11:41:19 AM »
The trailer got me pumped to play through the first two again, thats more than I can say for any nintendo games I never wanna play again lololol

No one is talking about Nintendo in this thread, right?

I should also clarify, i'm not saying Halo 2 was a piece of shit game.  I actually think it's quite good.  I just didn't think it delievered on the promises, and the fucking advertising that Bungie created.  They hyped the game as the fight to save the earth, and the in game that doesn't actually happen.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2006, 11:43:02 AM »
Its your fault for falling for hype lol. Sucker.
o_0

anthonyOA

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2006, 12:11:14 PM »
wtf? halo 2 rocked. which would you rather have? a CG cutscene ending or Halo3?

change the title to "how stupid do bungie know we are" please. ... :-*

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2006, 01:52:20 PM »

I do because it makes sense, remember that e3 vid where mc got off that helicopter and they're were fucking humans running around everywhere talking to each other and shit, that building got blown up and, he went out to to that warthog and went around shooting the covenant? With the ram being halved because they coded using all the ram xbox dev kits have (twice) it makes sense they got rid of all this. Now the level can still be seen in halo 2 we got, but it got highly reworked. Not to mention the graphics pop in. I have no doubt Halo 3 will deliver. Its a MUCH more powerful system.

I think Bungie would be smart enough to know that the RAM in the Xbox would automagically double between the first game and the second.  Especially since, you know, they're a part of MGS and probably knew more details about the hardware than most teams out there.

Halo is the most overrated drival on home console. It did nothing for first person shooters that PC shooters didnt already have. But, without this game there would be no xbox 360.

Yes, but it's the first truly good console FPS.  The first Halo had great levels, great co-op,  great weapons, and fun AI. 
serge