Author Topic: Borecast Episode 6: The Horror of Game Guides, Fat Angels, & Indefensible JRPGs  (Read 14941 times)

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
yeah, that actor is a chameleon, that's for sure.  I didn't even recognize that he was Eugene Tooms from The X-files.
sup

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
jon

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual

it's a barnes and noble collection, and it's sold out, but you can pick up used copies off amazon marketplace for cheap
sup

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
I like the 3 person dynamic
:9

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
thank you for reviewing us on itunes, bluetsunami
sup

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
yeah, that actor is a chameleon, that's for sure.  I didn't even recognize that he was Eugene Tooms from The X-files.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT I DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE THAT
HLR

cool breeze

nice episode

is Ar Tonelico really that bad, btw? I do remember people on gaf saying it had a fun battle system and was fairly short, which was enough to get me interested enough to remember the name.

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon

the best non-mythology episodes i think
Tonya

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
Lol, those pennied out guides are supposed to be "field destroyed" but never are.

HLR

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
is Ar Tonelico really that bad, btw? I do remember people on gaf saying it had a fun battle system and was fairly short, which was enough to get me interested enough to remember the name.

Music is AAA

« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 12:43:31 AM by recursivelyenumerable »
QED

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
nice episode

No, it's awesome.
©@©™

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
WINE FAGGOTRY
sup

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
Great episode, I liked the horror recommendation section the best even though I don't read the genre.
jon

Ganhyun

• Used to worship Muckhole. Now worships Robo.
good episode. I liked the Black Jack manga  recommendation.
XDF

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
I definitely have to say Bloodwake improved vastly on this episode. Last episode he sounded monotone and robotic, but this one he was more full of life.
^_^

Eric P

• Icon
bloodwake Wolverine review plz
Tonya

huckleberry

Bloodwake why the fuck did you call a 30 pack a "30 rack"?  Just curious because I have young guys (21-22) come in to my store all the time and ask for a "30 rack".
wub

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
the wife gave bloodwake a thumbs up this time, too -- said he had a much more natural speaking cadence.
duc

Eric P

• Icon
the wife gave bloodwake a thumbs up this time, too -- said he had a much more natural speaking cadence.

check pm
Tonya

huckleberry

"Stats aren't bad"

:rofl

"it has a very attractive combat system"

:rofl
wub

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
We certainly appreciate all the thoughtful feedback, Jinfash!
sup

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Yeah, I'd especially like to see a music segment...
^_^

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
Me and a friend of mine are probably going to get together and watch a movie soon. I'm just too busy to do it right now.

The next review is going to be on an indie horror film that is awesome, that is, if I don't get Wolverine from my friend Wes this week.
HLR

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
Bloodwake why the fuck did you call a 30 pack a "30 rack"?  Just curious because I have young guys (21-22) come in to my store all the time and ask for a "30 rack".

A lot of people call it a 30 rack here for some reason. So I did.
HLR

drew

• sy
douchebag highschool slang

thats all it is

Robo

I picked up this:

does i dun good?
obo

huckleberry

thats all it is

I am so old  :'(
wub

Eric P

• Icon
(Image removed from quote.)

it's a barnes and noble collection, and it's sold out, but you can pick up used copies off amazon marketplace for cheap

B&N's in-house publishing fucking rocks hard.

Tonya

Robo

I considered the Omnibus, but for the sake of completion, Collected Stories has everything from that, including a few omitions, and the collection of early pilot stories.
obo

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind

thats all it is

Well, I will make sure I will run my vocabulary by you next time before I submit the podcast.
HLR

lordmaji

• It's a joke, not a dick, so don't take it so hard!
When are you guys going to do an EvilBore round table session? :)

Do a thread requesting potential guests, take 5 people and try it for one episode and see how it works out. Make a couple specific topics to discuss and then go! If it works out really good, you could try it for every other episode or just randomly.

Just an idea. I think it would be kind of neat to have about 5 people having a round table type conversation. Only people that are serious about doing it, and have the ability to do it.

I thought it'd be an interesting idea. :)
:-[

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
it is an interesting idea, but i'd worry about the logistics of getting that many people together and the sound quality

you guys don't get to hear it much since i cut most of it out, but skype sometimes lags and stutters and garbles even with 3 people

we already have the next three shows plotted out for the most part, but i'm willing to give it a one-time shot somewhere down the line just to see what happens

if the new shawn elliot podcast is anything to go by, though, five people might be too many
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 02:42:25 PM by Eel O'Brian »
sup

lordmaji

• It's a joke, not a dick, so don't take it so hard!
well. If you ever want, I'll jump on one. :)
:-[

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
yeah, Out of the Game suffers badly from being skyped. Everyone is afraid to speak out of turn.

Only listened to the horror bits so far, but i've enjoyed it. I don't read horror at all; there is plenty of scary stuff going on in the other fiction I read, it seems. King never grabbed me (the prose is horrific in itself). The only stuff I've read in any volume is Clive Barker and Dan Simmons, really. Will have to explore a few of those names you discussed. I'm reading a Clark Ashton Smith anthology right now and loving it, but I suspect one might be enough. It's starting to get quite formulaic already, although the prose is extraordinary.

Prole, did you read Dan Simmons' 'Children of the Night'? It was fairly obviously aimed at being turned into a summer blockbuster script but still...vampires! Exploding helicopters!
vjj

Enl

No Borecast for this week? I don't think I can cope! 
mmm

Eric P

• Icon
yeah you can tell because it's face gets all flush.

:maf
Tonya