Author Topic: XBLA 4/1: Dishwasher Samurai  (Read 938 times)

siamesedreamer

XBLA 4/1: Dishwasher Samurai
« on: April 01, 2009, 10:34:55 AM »
Anyone getting it?

Grecco

Re: XBLA 4/1: Dishwasher Samurai
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 01:10:19 PM »
Already did.

drohne

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 07:33:51 PM »
eh, i liked the community demo, but don't want to play anything besides sf anymore

siamesedreamer

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 08:59:31 PM »
Prolly gonna pass now since Banjo Tooie is supposedly due out this month.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 09:39:59 PM »
It's all about Outrun 2.
ど助平

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 10:12:54 PM »
itm

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 05:42:55 AM »
Whens Outrun out again?

archie4208

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 07:49:25 AM »
AWESOME GAME.  It's Devil May Cry 2D. 

Whens Outrun out again?

Supposed to be April 14.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 08:11:54 PM »
whoa sweet, so its a full on action game? I'll check the demo

siamesedreamer

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 10:57:31 PM »
Demo seemed much harder than the previous demo.

Bebpo

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 11:22:56 PM »
Community demo was alright, but it seemed more like a game that some guy working at MS was like "woah, this is hot.  I'll tell the right people and we'll make it a full on XBLA game" even though it never really should've been anything more than a 400 point community game.  Not bad, but I'm not paying $10 for it.

Then again there have been worse offenders of this logic like FLOW.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2009, 07:22:14 PM »
not sure about that Bepbo. The combat and strategies are quite a lot deeper than the game lets on firstly, and the general level of game design is up quite high up in terms of quality. This is what Castle Crashers should have been really (in regards to combat at least)

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2009, 03:50:12 AM »
Devil May Cry 2D is a pretty spot on description. Game is fucking hard though, Im geting my ass handed to me on the 2nd level on normal difficulty   :'(

Bebpo

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2009, 03:57:35 AM »
not sure about that Bepbo. The combat and strategies are quite a lot deeper than the game lets on firstly, and the general level of game design is up quite high up in terms of quality. This is what Castle Crashers should have been really (in regards to combat at least)

Yeah, it has some depth and a good-sized movelist.  I just don't feel the combat much.  Better than Castle Crashers combat for sure though.  CC combat is soooooo shallow; you have like 5 moves over a 5 hour game.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2009, 03:58:29 AM »
um... the reason this is on XBLA is because the creator won that contest. Dream Build Play or something. it was showcased at GDC.
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2009, 04:01:07 AM »
Well that definitely explains some things! :P

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2009, 04:01:44 AM »

Yeah, it has some depth and a good-sized movelist.  I just don't feel the combat much.  Better than Castle Crashers combat for sure though.  CC combat is soooooo shallow; you have like 5 moves over a 5 hour game.

It was really disappointing because the art and set pieces in Castle Crashers were awesome.

Bebpo

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2009, 04:09:04 AM »
Yeah.  I like CC, but I just wish it had a movelist like Guardian Heroes.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2009, 01:43:17 AM »

It was really disappointing because the art and set pieces in Castle Crashers were awesome.

I'm gonig to be horribly shallow and say that I'll almost certainly opt for Castle Crashers over Dishwasher. CC feels more like they're emulating Golden Axe and Renegade/Kunio-Kun style gameplay, with an overlay of delicious roleplaying advancement. Dishwasher feels more like the old coin-up Shinobi as "re-imagined" with bad ballpen and Sharpie marker art from the battered Pee-Chee Folder of a pubescent Korn fan.