Author Topic: World of Warcraft gets its big patch, thoughts?  (Read 2193 times)

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
World of Warcraft gets its big patch, thoughts?
« on: December 06, 2006, 02:12:16 PM »
Over 400 MB of crap. Classes weren't tweaked so much this patch. Mages for example got a weird change of Frost Nova to 'Freeze'. Same spell, new name lol.

Lots of PvP changes which will make PvPing far more open to casuals who dont wanna camp the hall of honor for a freaking match of warsong gulch.

Also added talents and gave everyone a respecc because of this. The new talents are a taste of what is to come in the expansion pack i believe. Ill have to start dling this patch when I get home tho, forgot it came out lol.
o_0

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Re: World of Warcraft gets its big patch, thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 02:21:26 PM »
All I know is that my girlfriend was asking Homemade Milk to research various ISPs to switch out of Comcast, and he launched into some super-nerd tirade the likes you've never witnessed about not having enough time because this patch was coming and he needed some elite sword in time for Burning Crusade.  I mean, really, it was just scary.
PSP

MrAngryFace

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 02:25:51 PM »
hahaha.
o_0

Wobedraggled

• Almost Died Once
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 03:57:08 PM »
I quit and I'm never going back

Wii

Prost

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 04:09:51 PM »
Almost done with my 21st month off of wow.

I've wanted to play probably about 80% of the time, lol
:-þ

Tigerriot

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 04:46:22 PM »
All I know is that my girlfriend was asking Homemade Milk to research various ISPs to switch out of Comcast, and he launched into some super-nerd tirade the likes you've never witnessed about not having enough time because this patch was coming and he needed some elite sword in time for Burning Crusade.  I mean, really, it was just scary.

WoW players sound kinda sad.  >:(

MrAngryFace

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 04:52:39 PM »
They can be. I play maybe 5-6 hours a week thankfully.
o_0

Prost

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 04:52:49 PM »

WoW players sound kinda sad.  >:(
In a few months there will be a better sword out there too.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 04:54:28 PM »
The whole game is leaving raiders and the really sad sorry people in the dust. WoW luvs them some casual players lol.

So much for all that RAID work, casuals are gonna get better gear through casual PVP lololol.
o_0

Prost

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 04:56:43 PM »
The whole game is leaving raiders and the really sad sorry people in the dust. WoW luvs them some casual players lol.

So much for all that RAID work, casuals are gonna get better gear through casual PVP lololol.
they'll raid a ton to get the gear to do well in PvP so that they can get even better gear.

even if you gave 40 requirements for someone to get one piece of armor..... if it's better, they'll do it ALL

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2006, 05:06:54 PM »
Last night I had a fevah.  The only perscription was overpowered warlock PVP shenanigans.  I wish I had a screenshot of the one WSG where I was dwarfing everyone with 42 KBs and 98k damage done, the next highest person was at something like 12.

This is pretty much what it felt like:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8624722534700259586&q=drakedog+6&hl=en

In total, I like the way the game is looking, but I just don't have the time to invest in it that I once did.  The whole "zomgs spend leik 4 hrs farmin teh matz fer 4 Horsmn 2nite n wipe cuz we dnt got nuff warrz in teh raid lol" has made me not want to play the game for more than a few hours at a time.  In fact, I can probably see myself playing BC maybe once a day and then cancelling my account again some time in Feb because it'll just get boring again.

Until then, lolwarlox
haa

MrAngryFace

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2006, 05:42:35 PM »
Warlock PVP is pure sex
o_0

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2006, 05:47:05 PM »
You wanna feel how hard my Soul Fire is?  :-*
haa

MrAngryFace

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2006, 05:48:14 PM »
GROSS! YOU WENT TOO FAR!
o_0

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2006, 05:49:12 PM »
Nobody ever wants to feel my Soul Fire :(
haa

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2006, 06:00:52 PM »
Casual PVP and casual 5-man instances are the MMO equivalent of casual hook-ups leading to casual sex. That is to say: pretty awesome!  :pimp

Hardcore raiders are the equivalent of fundamentalist Baptists who don't believe that you should have any fun in life just because they don't.  :gloomy

Ignore them! Get out there and casual all the way to rank 14, baby.  :hump
乱学者

MrAngryFace

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2006, 06:18:44 PM »
I've casualed two 60s lol. Casually a priest these days.
o_0

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2006, 01:18:34 PM »
I can say that it made me want to play my priest again, I've been playing my mage lately. My priest has really good gear though, so I broke her out and put 41 points in shadow. I only pvped though. Tuesday night was a good night for pvp, every AB I went into we 5-capped. I was consistently top 3 in damage, which is a feature I like now. The charts show how much damage everyone does. I also like how we can put the highest rank above our head that we have attained. I went from being field marshal down to Knight-Lieutenant because of lack of playing.

My priest seemed to do best in WSG, but she always does, I don't know why. I think because of the smaller playing field, it's just better for some classes. Last night I pvped some though and the cross server realms were down. The queues were only 1-2 minutes long but I kept going up against horde teams and getting my ass kicked. I used to be on a pvp team, I'm thinking about joining again.
boo

Bacon

• MEMBER #37
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2006, 01:21:04 PM »
What a dork.

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2006, 01:34:35 PM »
10250 Honor in one day lol

Please help me :'(
haa

Diablos

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2006, 09:31:39 PM »
I'm so glad I stopped playing WoW after two and a half months. I don't miss it at all.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2006, 09:54:32 PM »
The priests got fucked with quite a bit, and whats more hilarious is its the HEALING tree that most people dont play anyway. lololol.

wait, im a healing focus nooooo!
o_0

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2006, 12:59:37 AM »

Blizzard should just make movies.  I love the part with the warlock that waves his hand and everything dies :lol
haa

MrAngryFace

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2006, 01:28:42 AM »
Holy/Disc spec in PVP IS pretty impossible tho. People can scream at us to shadow spec, but respeccing as we hop between PVE and PVP is expensive :(
o_0

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2006, 09:00:00 AM »
and Benediction is a Beacon of Death. Good luck not getting FF'ed if you are holy spec.
boo

MrAngryFace

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2006, 11:46:32 AM »
Most complaints ive seen are that unlike the Shadow spec, the other two trees for priests cannot really stand on their own in any real fashion. I guess the latest patch just pushed things past peoples limits.
o_0

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2006, 11:51:29 AM »
I've been pvping the past week and i've consistently been top 3 fragger. Holy can hold up if they have a good team, a good warrior/mage will get someone off the healer. but being holy pvp in a pug is a waste of time.
boo

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2006, 05:44:31 PM »
^truth.  When we run the group of old grinders for shits, giggles, and a little honor hoarding, we typically have two priests with us that both raid regularly, so they're both a Disc/Holy build.  They have enough common sense to stand behind other people so an eye can be kept on them and they really are the backbone of the group.  In a pug it wouldn't work at all because people are all "DURRR SHITCOCK"
haa