Author Topic: Tekken Dark Res' AI - Wtf, dont bet on me!  (Read 812 times)

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
Tekken Dark Res' AI - Wtf, dont bet on me!
« on: August 07, 2006, 06:30:52 PM »
The Tekken Dark Resurrection AI is a complicated beast. A few factors govern its behavior.

This does not matter. An 8th kyu is capable of appearing as experienced as a 3rd dan fighter. This is a special event requiring a match last more than one round. Once the second round is reached, the AI will 'power up' or whatever it takes to beat you within 10 seconds. The third round is generally more of the same, but I believe a randomizer is in place to knock the AI back to its listed rank skill level to appear fair at least 1 out of 12 matches.

Skill:

Easy and Hard, an in-between does not exist. 8th kyu will be Easy, if in the event the Power Up occurs in round two, the AI will switch to hard. At this point the AI not only pulls off moves flawlessly with excellent timing, but also has a keen insight as to what moves fit as a response to your actions. HRM.

Random Chance:

Despite the arcade and dojo mode working on a rank system, frequently the higher ranks, or the 'Power Up' effect will make an opponent impossible to pass, at which point it is pointless to continue fruitless efforts, instead the player must back out and re-enter the gameplay mode.

This game is pretty, its feature rich, and the wireless is probably awesome, but at this point I just get angry when I play the game. Im not a horrible player. Why can I get a high rank in a technical game like Virtua Fighter 4 Evo but cant proceed past 1st Dan in freaking Tekken.

Replayability? More like Microwavability.

*throws PSP in microwave*
o_0

Nick

Re: Tekken Dark Res' AI - Wtf, dont bet on me!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 06:31:28 PM »
should i buy this game

Matlock

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 01:04:54 PM »
how's the romanian grappler

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 01:06:25 PM »
He feels like a rip off of umm, that one guy from Dead or Alive..the army guy.

The new lilly girl or whatever is actually pretty good, but she's a rip off of Angel from King of Fighters. I mean the new characters are neat but its clear they were 'inspired' so to speak lolz.
o_0