Author Topic: Wii + Component = sex  (Read 1782 times)

Wobedraggled

• Almost Died Once
Wii + Component = sex
« on: December 07, 2006, 06:27:16 PM »
Mucho improvioso

Now I can start playing Zelda again.

So far from what I have popped in Red Steel makes a pretty good jump with the cables, the lighting seems to come out much more pronounced.

Wii

Melissa

Re: Wii + Component = sex
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 06:39:01 PM »
Ours came in the mail today. Can't wait to see.

Christopher

• Justin Timberlake's #1 Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 06:46:12 PM »
Can someone post comparison pictures please, those ones from gamestop were shitty, Melissa?

Melissa

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 06:52:02 PM »
I don't think there's any way to get direct feed captures at my house.

Error Macro

• Has Raimi-itis!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 07:12:41 PM »
Has anyone played GC games on their Wii?  I'd like to know if there is any improvement in image quality (though I doubt it... GC image quality is the rox)
sig

cubicle47b

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 07:45:54 PM »
The difference between composite and component on a SDTV is fairly large.  The picture is quite a bit sharper and the colors are much, much better.  On a HD set, composite is barely playable.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 07:52:51 PM »
The difference between composite and component on a SDTV is fairly large.  The picture is quite a bit sharper and the colors are much, much better.  On a HD set, composite is barely playable.
For about a week, I only had composite cables for my PS2.  I didn't even bother playing it because I couldn't stand it.  It looked disgusting.

Wobedraggled

• Almost Died Once
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 07:53:05 PM »
Has anyone played GC games on their Wii?  I'd like to know if there is any improvement in image quality (though I doubt it... GC image quality is the rox)

I'll try some tonight
Wii

Bacon

• MEMBER #37
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 07:53:31 PM »

They look the same, but when it's in the Wii it automatically prompts you to play in 480p instead of holding b.

Wii looks decent on my TV with component cables. Kind of hard to call it "sex" though after playing a lot of HD content.

Wobedraggled

• Almost Died Once
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2006, 08:02:31 PM »

They look the same, but when it's in the Wii it automatically prompts you to play in 480p instead of holding b.

Wii looks decent on my TV with component cables. Kind of hard to call it "sex" though after playing a lot of HD content.

Sex compared to the composite, that's all
Wii

Wobedraggled

• Almost Died Once
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2006, 10:31:59 PM »
OMFG @ Zelda with the cables

Wii

Tigerriot

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2006, 04:08:07 AM »

:lol  I would have to concur.  Not quite qualifying as sex, but certainly much improved.

morphix

• Let's make a deal
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2006, 08:02:23 AM »
I have had my Component cables since day one, man I can only imagine how shitty the Wii looks in composite.
BUN

PopfulMail

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2006, 12:55:28 PM »
I'm trying to hold off on any further Zelda progress until my components come in the mail. Hopefully that shit will get here by the time my vacation roles around in 1.5 weeks.