Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption screens, and trailer!  (Read 179737 times)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Re: Red Dead Redemption screens, and trailer!
« Reply #1920 on: August 27, 2015, 07:41:23 PM »
I still need to get the final poker-related Achievement, and 10× multiplier in Advanced Co-Op mission.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1922 on: May 25, 2017, 10:09:35 PM »
Official announcement, same screenshots:
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60210/Red-Dead-Redemption-2-Is-Now-Coming-Spring-2018

Those guns and hands are sick. I assumed it was a still from a live-action promotional video.  :o :o :o

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1923 on: May 27, 2017, 03:53:23 AM »
I still need to get the final poker-related Achievement, and 10× multiplier in Advanced Co-Op mission.

Same here we can do it together?
What

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1924 on: May 27, 2017, 12:02:49 PM »

Same here we can do it together?

That would be neat, but it apparently takes A LONG TIME. Sceneman managed to get the Poker one legitimately, but boosting for it takes something like 6 hours. The Adv. co-op mission is more doable, but it's been so long since I played that it would be very hard to get my shooty reflexes back in shape to get through one. They were no joke even when I was playing RDR religiously.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1925 on: September 28, 2017, 06:19:38 PM »
http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/

New trailer up.

Looks like more of the same.

I could NOT BE HAPPIER.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #1926 on: September 28, 2017, 09:02:18 PM »
can't wait to scream like a bitch everytime a mountain lion or cougar comes out of literally fucking nowhere to two swipe me to death.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #1928 on: October 01, 2017, 04:15:35 AM »
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60210/Red-Dead-Redemption-2-Is-Now-Coming-Spring-2018

Those guns and hands are sick. I assumed it was a still from a live-action promotional video.  :o :o :o
So, winter then. Maybe.
Hi

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #1929 on: October 01, 2017, 04:58:02 AM »

So, winter then. Maybe.

Too optimistic. We -might- be playing this before Hillary runs for president again.
serge

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #1930 on: October 01, 2017, 11:26:06 AM »
I'm calling this now:

Main character gets killed by John Marston, you then finish the game as John or can explore the open world post game as John. I'd be shocked if a RDR twist like that isn't in the game.

OH!

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1931 on: October 02, 2017, 01:13:43 PM »
tfw you realize the release window only includes consoles and PC may be years after. :fbm

spoiler (click to show/hide)
If at all
[close]
©ZH

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #1932 on: October 03, 2017, 06:41:08 PM »
tfw you realize the release window only includes consoles and PC may be years after. :fbm

If at all
[close]
What was the time frame for console to PC for GTAV? I'd say expect the same here.
Hi

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1933 on: October 03, 2017, 07:14:01 PM »

If at all
[close]

Yeah, did the original RDR ever come out on PC? Rumor had it that it couldn't be ported because it was held together with chewing gum and baling wire.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #1934 on: October 04, 2017, 01:57:19 AM »
Nope :-\

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1935 on: October 04, 2017, 09:40:00 AM »
The best hope for Red Dead Redemption on PC is a PS3 emulator (RPCS3).

360 emulators aren't as far along yet, I don't think.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1936 on: October 04, 2017, 01:42:31 PM »
PS3  :donot
©ZH

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1937 on: October 04, 2017, 02:41:24 PM »
Well, eventually you'll be able to upres the game, maybe even inject different textures. :yeshrug

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #1938 on: October 04, 2017, 08:24:00 PM »
Surprised PS3 emulation is further along, i figured that CELL BROADBAND multi-core microprocessor micro-architecture would be nigh impossible to simulate heh  :doge

Stoked on nu RDR of course.

Was pretty good reading through the first few pages of this thread. This Gamasutra article  :lol

https://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/RockstarSpouse/20100107/4032/Wives_of_Rockstar_San_Diego_employees_have_collected_themselves.php

Bitter PartyOfMany
13 Jan 2010 at 2:16 pm PST
profile image   
"We do not agree with the allegations in the Gamasutra post (e.g. there has been no reduction in health benefits or ancillary benefits and perks (such as free dinners and massages etc), wage increases across the studio have kept track with cost of living increases, and anyone who feels they have been overlooked for a bonus for a game they worked on please contact HR to discuss as soon as possible)."

These statements are really twisting the truth, or an outright lie.

The benefits across the board over the last 3 years have gotten worse or cost the employees more, their choice. Sure, they still have medical and dental (so they haven't technically cut back), but to get nearly the same benefits you had 3 years ago you have to pay 2-3 times the money. When coupled with the minor (or non-existent) raises, you ended up making less money. Because of this, people had to choose the lesser HRA option.

And no, free dinners and massages weren't removed, but donut fridays were scaled back to once every other week and replaced with homemade scones. Team snacks were removed, as were free sodas and gatorade.

Donut Fridays scaled back lol  :cac
◕‿◕

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1939 on: October 04, 2017, 10:39:48 PM »
 I admit that it is difficult to feel empathy about “donut Friday” being scaled back, and I myself had a rude reawakening to the entitlement of western developers when I came back from 10 1/2 years of development in Japan. Even so, there is no question that studios Rely on the goodwill and peer pressure of workers to put in far in excess of 40 hours a week. 50 hours a week is pretty common day-to-day, and in crunch 70-80 is standard.

I’ve mentioned before, but I have been informed by a former Rockstar employee that I dodged a bullet when they decided to change the job description of the one I had been applying for. I love their product, I don’t want to make it in the environment I have heard about.

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #1940 on: October 05, 2017, 07:12:43 AM »
I’ve mentioned before, but I have been informed by a former Rockstar employee that I dodged a bullet when they decided to change the job description of the one I had been applying for. I love their product, I don’t want to make it in the environment I have heard about.

Literally the same boat as you; I got pretty far in the hiring process but they decided to go in a different direction for the job position then they had initially listed. While at the time I was a bit sad since I love RDR, considering the outcome I am in a far superior position, company, and location. Extremely happy that didn't work out, lmao.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 07:18:16 AM by a slime appears »

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #1941 on: October 05, 2017, 03:35:40 PM »
Would love to play RDR again but I'm too lazy to dig out my vacuum cleaner Xbox for that so I guess I'm gonna have to wait for the sequel :lol

Brehvolution

« Reply #1942 on: October 05, 2017, 04:02:40 PM »
I hope to have a Xx_BOX_xX before this is out so no sense waiting for PC at this point.
©ZH

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #1943 on: October 05, 2017, 04:37:28 PM »
Yeah, did the original RDR ever come out on PC? Rumor had it that it couldn't be ported because it was held together with chewing gum and baling wire.
That was the unofficial official statements they made when talking about what they changed for Max Payne 3 where they basically trashed the process behind previous games. (Of which there are three.) :lol

RAGE was originally supposed to be its own thing by a separate tech group that then each game team would come along and take and build their game off from (and send back anything unique/useful they came up with), like UbiSoft has done with Anvil/AnvilNext, as a way of skipping all the early engine development steps. Except GTA IV and especially RDR left them with such a mess they weren't sending stuff back to the engine team because it was useless for anything else and the PC port of GTA IV was probably amazing enough.
The best hope for Red Dead Redemption on PC is a PS3 emulator (RPCS3).

360 emulators aren't as far along yet, I don't think.
THEY'RE BETTER IN BRINGING FORTH THE HIDDEN PSYCHOLOGICAL HORROR OF THE GAME:

apparently parts of it are playable now too on xenia
[close]

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1945 on: February 01, 2018, 07:45:36 PM »
They better have a supernatural thing ready for online in day one
sup

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #1946 on: February 01, 2018, 09:09:24 PM »
You should make a new thread, chrono. This one is old as dirt.   :P

I also eventually want Undead Nightmare 2, Rockstar.  :hyper

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1947 on: February 01, 2018, 11:45:00 PM »
You should make a new thread, chrono. This one is old as dirt.   :P

I also eventually want Undead Nightmare 2, Rockstar.  :hyper

Good idea. I did it, with as close to a pure-borean thread title as I can manage.