Author Topic: Borecast Question of the Show: Your E3 Predictions + PM me Indefensible! topics  (Read 4349 times)

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
We're doing pretty much an "all games" episode of the next Borecast, and we thought it would be funny to get your predictions on what's going to be shown or happen at E3, then compare it with reality when we record next Thursday evening.  You can also post things you'd LIKE to see but know won't happen.

I'll start - I predict that Left 4 Dead will be announced as coming to the PS3.

Also, I'm gonna let you guys pick the next Indefensible! topic.  Send your suggestions to me via PM (don't post them in this thread), and I'll randomly pick out of the lot.
sup

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Prediction: Whole lotta Nintendo hate being spit on the Borecast
Prediciton: The entire show is as disappointing as it usually is.
püp

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
way to kill a thread with the first post
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
sup

Veidt

Microsoft increases library aimed at casual market.

Games:
More Mass Effect details
Lost Planet details

Sony talks PSN numbers and ubiquity through PsP.

Games:
Ratchet and clank announced again.
Final Fantasy Xiii vs old trailer shown.
MAG isn't as good as it was hyped to be

Things that would blow minds:
GTA V PS3 exclusive
3D update announced at Sony conference

Things that suck:
More  exclusive DLC talk that no one cares about.

---------------------

I also hope to see something on OnLive. Please don't be vaporware  *fingerscrossed*
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 01:32:48 PM by Veidt »

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
So I take it E3 is happening soonish.

Prediction: Nintendo "wins."

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
prediction: sony fans go overboard getting hyped for games not even the hardcore market cares about
duc

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Every year I think Nintendo won't possibly be able to show off less interactive non-gameware while simultaneously showing off less that I or any actual gamer could be interested in, and every year they prove me wrong.  It's gonna be super duper tough to top last years "Animal Crossing is our offering for the hard core gamer"/wii music shit-a-thon, but I bet they figure out how to do it...

Prediction:
As their "hard core offering" this year, Nintendo will show a sequel to KIRBY AIR RIDE that utilizes the balance board.

Prediction:
Miyamoto will debut his new "game", Wii Personal Hygeine, which teaches us all the right way to brush out teefs by using the wiimote.  Emceegrammar will be thrilled.

Prediction:
All of the new games will be leaked in the week leading up to E3 and there will be no announcement of any import at the show.  I know this.  You know this.  We ALL know this, because THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS EVERY FUCKING YEAR.  Yet every year we all managed to get worked up to a frothing frenzy of futility and bitch and whine when "nothing fucking new got shown".  It's like we're all still Sega fans or something.

Prediction:
Anything cool we see will probably not even be out by next year's E3.  Remember last year's hyped up darling FAT PRINCESS?  Where is that bitch now?  Yeah, nuff said.
yar

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned

Prediction:
As their "hard core offering" this year, Nintendo will show a sequel to KIRBY AIR RIDE that utilizes the balance board.

it won't be a sequel. it will be KIRBY'S AIR RIDE (GC) WITH NEW PLAY CONTROL!
duc

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Jesus, you're right.  Why put, you know, effort into your non-games for the hard core?
yar

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
olimario better muster up some christy elaine pics stat if he wants to sink another 80 hours reliving his glory days
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
i predict that SOMEONE will pm eel o'brian with the indefensible topic "nintendo's e3 '09 showing"
duc

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
PSP go will have the surprise addition of a second analog nub

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:(
[close]
sup

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
^ make it happen
jon

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
- MS wins again
- Sony has a good show
- Nintendo's show bombs overall(again)

- MGS4 360
- Zelda teaser makes me cream my pants
- FF VII PS3 exclusive teaser
- StarCraft II Wii console exclusive

Hollywood

Microsoft: more gay ass first person shooters, and maybe a new franchise of a first person shooter who .. get this ... is a marine fighting aliens!

Sony: some 'megaton' announcement, that really isn't a megaton, a new game they say looks amazing that no one cares about. oh and a slimmer ps3 and psp model 20.

Nintendo: actually breaks out a couple of actual games now after getting the message last year

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
I'm pretty sure the only message Nintendo got last year was "cha-ching."

Veidt

- MS wins again
- Sony has a good show

- MGS4 360

Dammit. not that shit again.  MGS3 is yet to come to the Xbox franchise. I'd doubt they'd skip that. Also,  MGS4 sales are around the same as on PS2 numbers, with a lesser user install base. Which means that anyone who would ever buy MGS4, already did.If anyone here has played MGS4, they'd know that porting isn't just as easy as you may think. The Apple and Sony placements are borderline ridiculous. And MGS iPhone should be evidence of Koji-pro's love of Apple.
I'm expecting a next MGS for MAC and PS3.

They're working on a few titles already. So porting would have to outsourced, and considering the placements. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber

Uh, no it didn't.  Even Nintendo admitted their show was awful last year.
püp

Veidt

Anyone who wants MGS4, buy a fucking PS3 already.
Then you can have both consoles, like me.

Hollywood

Wii Music was a sales disaster, which was kind of obvious at the time.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Nintendo

- Miyamoto will throw his name under the bus even more this year by pimping out a new, shitty Wii non-game.  Miyamoto dances around like a buffoon and Nintendo fans begin jizzing their underoos for a game that would have been made by only the lowest shovelware dev teams last generation.

- No price drop for u, lol.

- Nintendo attempts to reach out to the "hardcore" Nintendo fan set with another franchise revitalization that doesn't really appear to have any kind of ambition but is just a flash-game lookalike of one of their NES games.  Such candidates include Ice Climber, Donkey Kong, etc.

- Talks of a new Wii Zelda or Mario.  Talk about how it is better than anything even anticipated.  Basically a bunch of :teehee behavior from those who have seen the game in motion (behind closed doors :shh )  Don't worry, Mario Galaxy 2 will never come out on the Wii.  Not when they can just keep re-releasing GameCube and Flash-quality efforts.

- Bocsius says Nintendo wins in hopes of riling up EB.  Nobody continues to care.

Sony

- Will finally unveil GT5.  Sony fans lose their shit, claiming it looks 100x better than Forza 3.  Declarations will be made that 360's sales will grind to a total halt once the game comes out.  Another game that will supposedly save the PS3.

- FFXIII comparisons galore.  A few sharper textures here and there will cause fantard wars across the internets.  If the 360 version looks better, scoff and claim that FFVersusXIII is the one to wait for.

- God of War 3 will be shown.  See the first point.  Another game that will cause 360 sales to hit 0, I'm sure.

- PS2 BC downloadables on all machines.  Just kidding.

- Some new bundle will be revealed.  Whether it be a 120 GB HDD or a new redesign, anything other than dropping the price on the actual system.  Although Sony may throw us a bone and offer a new model for $10-20 less.

- Some ambiguous talk of the new PSP model.  Again, a lot of :teehee BS will be tossed around, claiming to own hataz.

Microsoft

- Uninteresting show.

- If it isn't shown, a lot of :teehee about Alan Wake.  Hopefully people wake up and forget the idea that it is coming out or people collectively give less of a shit.

- Vague rumors of a third Xbox.  Any comments are claimed that it is unlike anything they've ever seen before, cutting edge tech, etc.

- Some new Halo game.  Maybe Fable 3.
🍆🍆

Hollywood

Nintendo

- Miyamoto will throw his name under the bus even more this year by pimping out a new, shitty Wii non-game.  Miyamoto dances around like a buffoon and Nintendo fans begin jizzing their underoos for a game that would have been made by only the lowest shovelware dev teams last generation.

- No price drop for u, lol.

- Nintendo attempts to reach out to the "hardcore" Nintendo fan set with another franchise revitalization that doesn't really appear to have any kind of ambition but is just a flash-game lookalike of one of their NES games.  Such candidates include Ice Climber, Donkey Kong, etc.

- Talks of a new Wii Zelda or Mario.  Talk about how it is better than anything even anticipated.  Basically a bunch of :teehee behavior from those who have seen the game in motion (behind closed doors :shh )  Don't worry, Mario Galaxy 2 will never come out on the Wii.  Not when they can just keep re-releasing GameCube and Flash-quality efforts.

- Bocsius says Nintendo wins in hopes of riling up EB.  Nobody continues to care.

Sony

- Will finally unveil GT5.  Sony fans lose their shit, claiming it looks 100x better than Forza 3.  Declarations will be made that 360's sales will grind to a total halt once the game comes out.  Another game that will supposedly save the PS3.

- FFXIII comparisons galore.  A few sharper textures here and there will cause fantard wars across the internets.  If the 360 version looks better, scoff and claim that FFVersusXIII is the one to wait for.

- God of War 3 will be shown.  See the first point.  Another game that will cause 360 sales to hit 0, I'm sure.

- PS2 BC downloadables on all machines.  Just kidding.

- Some new bundle will be revealed.  Whether it be a 120 GB HDD or a new redesign, anything other than dropping the price on the actual system.  Although Sony may throw us a bone and offer a new model for $10-20 less.

- Some ambiguous talk of the new PSP model.  Again, a lot of :teehee BS will be tossed around, claiming to own hataz.

Microsoft

- Uninteresting show.

- If it isn't shown, a lot of :teehee about Alan Wake.  Hopefully people wake up and forget the idea that it is coming out or people collectively give less of a shit.

- Vague rumors of a third Xbox.  Any comments are claimed that it is unlike anything they've ever seen before, cutting edge tech, etc.

- Some new Halo game.  Maybe Fable 3.

So basically, same games as there's been for years with better graphics. And the ones that aren't, no one gives a shit about. I think that pretty much sums up videogames nowadays.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
- MS wins again
- Sony has a good show

- MGS4 360

Dammit. not that shit again.  MGS3 is yet to come to the Xbox franchise. I'd doubt they'd skip that. Also,  MGS4 sales are around the same as on PS2 numbers, with a lesser user install base. Which means that anyone who would ever buy MGS4, already did.If anyone here has played MGS4, they'd know that porting isn't just as easy as you may think. The Apple and Sony placements are borderline ridiculous. And MGS iPhone should be evidence of Koji-pro's love of Apple.

They're working on a few titles already. So porting would have to outsourced, and considering the placements. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE.

so butthurt :teehee

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
I wouldn't say Wii Music was too much of a disaster.  It looked like it was developed on a shoestring budget.  The game appeals to archconservative types who think Rock Band and Guitar Hero are too satanistic/secular/homo.  Which explains why it tanked in Japan and Europe but will probably crawl to an appallingly high LTD in the US.
🍆🍆

Veidt

- MS wins again
- Sony has a good show

- MGS4 360

so butthurt :teehee

I have both consoles. Exclusives is good for me. Ports suck ass. I don't want MGS4 to be raped with Gametrailers'
 " MGS4 PS3/360 comparisons".

Herr Mafflard

Peter Molyneux will announce a project that will be so innovative and revolutionary that it will change the face of computer entertainment (again).

Nay sayers will find that even minor trolling will be deemed as profane heresy and they will be banished into a dark respite, where they will be 'educated' by the gaming media (ms r&d) to accept the game as the work of genius.

Until the game comes out that is, and turns out to be a mediocre wrpg that doubles up as an extended fart simulator.

But by then, you've already forked out extra bux for the limited, 'order now or forever lose hope of getting your hands on this shiny green armour dlc' edition of the game. 

spoiler (click to show/hide)
no, I'm not bitter at all  :'(
[close]

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
Predictions:

The Wii will be disappointing as shit, because Nintendo is too busy counting money and licensing shovelware. However, there will be a new Wii (insert action here) title no one thought of yet that casuals will ejaculate over.

Mass Effect 2 will kick ass

Microsoft and Sony will have conferences similar to the last two fucking years. I can also guarantee that one or both companies will come out with some new XBL or PSN service that will hit immediately after their conference.

E3 will continue to be disappointing.

I will not give a shit either way. Especially after the most fucking exciting thing to happen last year for me personally was watching people post on GAF during a private Nintendo meeting and bitching about how they could have seen the fucking Who live and then loling whenever they all ejaculated over what ended up being Pikmin with NEW PLAY CONTROL.

Fuck E3. I've got a life to attend to.
HLR

Predictions

Nintendo announces "Wii Fat" a weight scale for the wii.

Sony announces "PS3 Slim" for "$599"

Microsoft enters portable gaming with the "ZS" Zune Screen.
+1

Hollywood

No you don't.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Kutaragi comes out on stage wearing a t-shirt that reads:

BACK OFF XBOT!
©ZH

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber

No you don't.

I was just going to post that
püp

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
If you have to declare that you have a life to anonymous people on the internet, you probably don't have one.  Kind of an unspoken rule.
🍆🍆

Oblivion

Wii Music no doubt sold below expectations. Dunno if 'disaster' was the right word for it, but 2 million might be compared to the 14 million by Wii Fit.

Anyway,

Nintendo: It's impossible for Nintendo to do worse than last year. Especially with them admitting that they did awful last year. They'll have more core games, but a lot of them will be B- level projects. However, I'm expecting a new Zelda trailer to be shown. Mark it, bitches.

Sony: See drinky's post.

Microsoft: Buncha new games from third parties, Rare's next game announcement, and probably a trailer of the next Halo.

I predict butthurt fanboys aplenty.
野球