Author Topic: TRON THREAD OMG - Tron 3 teaser footage on Tron Legacy Blu-Ray! [OMFG]  (Read 49085 times)

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
http://www.flynnlives.com/

Genius, Visionary, Modern Hero.

That is Kevin Flynn.

He came into our lives and showed us the limitless possibilities of the future. And then, all of a sudden, he "disappeared."

Some people believed he died. We don't. We know that Kevin Flynn Lives.

We're not crazy, we're not obssessed, we're not lunatics. We simply have followed the facts wherever they lead. And the facts tell us that Kevin Flynn Lives.

We are here for Kevin. Nobody can make us stop believing that he is out there, that he's waiting for us, and that he will return when the time is right.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 08:21:47 PM by ManaByte »
CBG

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
Re: Flynn Lives
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 07:25:23 PM »
http://www.flynnlives.com/countdown.htm

Countdown to trailer?!?!?!

CBG

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 07:26:26 PM »
 :hyper
dog

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 07:27:11 PM »
I work with a guy named Kevin Flynn... and at my former job I worked with someone named Vincent Valentine.
^_^

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 07:30:46 PM »
Who?
Drunk

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 07:35:04 PM »
TR2N :lol
PSP

ManaByte

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 07:36:01 PM »
CBG

ManaByte

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 07:44:16 PM »
This is basically the story:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Encom is working on a Skynet-like security system and staging false terrorist strikes to scare people into adopting their system.

The evil Encom CEO zaps Kevin Flynn back into the computer system in the late 80s to get him out of the way. From then until now Flynn has been a freedom fighter inside the system and is using Tron to hack into Skynet.

Flynn's son goes into the system and finds his dad and they save the world.
[close]

So it looks like they're using bits of Tron 2.0 and still including some of the Apocalypse Now elements that were rumored (and partially confirmed) by last year's Comic Con trailer.

Big spoiler:
spoiler (click to show/hide)
When Tron is killed halfway through the movie, Flynns son takes on the Tron name.
[close]

CBG

ManaByte

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 04:13:12 PM »
Nine hours until something happens with that countdown!!

CBG

ManaByte

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 04:05:45 PM »
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

That last clip features some of Daft Punk's soundtrack for the movie. They've done 24 tracks for it so far.
CBG

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 01:24:06 PM »
[youtube=560,345]dWtvwG4cfdE[/youtube]

OLIVIA WILDE IS IN THIS? FUCK. MUST SEE

and they brought on the team who made Brad Pitt look old/young in Benjamin Button to make Jeff Bridges become young Jeff Bridges :hyper

this is going to be awesome
nat

ManaByte

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2009, 02:51:14 PM »
CBG

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 02:39:06 PM »
It will make no money.

It will kick ass.
HLR

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 02:41:04 PM »
Update me when I can download that for free somewhere.
WDW

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2009, 02:43:14 PM »

I wonder how her head will even fit in one of the TR2N helmets
:9

ManaByte

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2009, 04:01:34 PM »
SPACE PARANOIDS!

CBG

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2009, 03:01:02 AM »
http://www.tuxboard.com/?daft-punk-tron-legacy-theme

How the hell is there not an MP3 for this up somewhere. Now. Already. ???

Rman

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2009, 03:40:38 AM »
I'm more excited about the Daft Punk score actually.

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2009, 03:55:42 AM »

Me too.
HLR

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2009, 11:41:26 PM »

Me too.

Me three. I can see the Dust Brothers' sdtrk to Fight Club is finally going to have some competition.

ManaByte

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2009, 02:56:11 PM »
CBG

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2009, 03:26:25 PM »
I'm still a bit shocked that this is really happening. It feel like any day now they're going to come out go "LOL you really thought we were doing this? Have some new Pirates of the Caribbean instead LOL".
dog

OptimoPeach

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM »

She's so...greasy
hi5

Robo

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2009, 04:08:17 PM »
The best thing about Olivia Wilde is her real name: Olivia COCKBURN.  I wonder why she changed it ???
obo

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2009, 04:12:37 PM »

She's so...greasy

I want to lick her forehead :drool

And this could be the coolest Sci-Fi movie, if they treat it right. The right soundtrack and the right imagery.
:9

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2009, 04:14:02 PM »

She's so...greasy

I want to lick her forehead :drool

And this could be the coolest Sci-Fi movie, if they treat it right. The right soundtrack and the right imagery.

The snippets of the Daft Punk OST that have been floating around sound really good and the art style in the teaser trailer looks amazing.
dog

ManaByte

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2010, 06:45:27 PM »
First real picture of Flynn from the movie (check out his white disc):
http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/106/1066044/tron-legacy-20100202020901631.jpg
CBG

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2010, 08:40:50 PM »
The best thing about Olivia Wilde is her real name: Olivia COCKBURN.  I wonder why she changed it ???

should change it to Wilde Cockburn, so EB
vjj

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2010, 08:50:19 PM »
So EB what?
Drunk

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2010, 10:36:53 PM »
Oh my fucking god. Oh I'm god. Where is my medicine? WHERE IS MY FUCKING MEDICINE!?

I'M SO FUCKING HYPE FOR THIS MOVIE

EDIT: OH MY GOD

EDIT2: OH MY GOD THE SONG

EDIT3: OH MY GOD IT'S SO 80S AND PERFECT
SRY

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2010, 11:17:26 PM »
EDIT3: OH MY GOD IT'S SO 80S AND PERFECT

I KNOW
dog

DJ_Tet

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2010, 11:20:55 PM »
Man, this movie is going to be so awesome just for the soundtrack alone.  If it's a capable movie in it's own right I may break down and weep.
TIT

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2010, 12:16:41 AM »
Man, this movie is going to be so awesome just for the soundtrack alone.  If it's a capable movie in it's own right I may break down and weep.

I can't for a second imagine that this movie will be anything less than my favorite movie of all time. The first is already my second all-time favorite film, so I'm really fucking stoked for this. Every single thing about this movie gently pets my rock-hard boner for science fiction films.
SRY

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2010, 12:42:12 AM »
After seeing the trailer from last year, I don't see how this could possibly be anything other than absolutely amazing.
dog

DJ_Tet

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2010, 12:57:28 AM »

I can't for a second imagine that this movie will be anything less than my favorite movie of all time. The first is already my second all-time favorite film, so I'm really fucking stoked for this. Every single thing about this movie gently pets my rock-hard boner for science fiction films.

I love the first movie as well.  I've always wondered how it's aged for someone who didn't see it when it came out.  At times it's a little slow, especially by today's action standards. 
TIT

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2010, 01:00:40 AM »

I love the first movie as well.  I've always wondered how it's aged for someone who didn't see it when it came out.  At times it's a little slow, especially by today's action standards. 

I didn't see it until years after it came out, but I still love Tron. It's one of my favorite scifi movies.

On the other hand, my love affair with all things 80s is often very irrational.
dog

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2010, 01:10:27 AM »

I saw it for the first time early last year and it instantaneously became my all-time favorite movie, only to be trumped late in the year by several repeat viewings of Blade Runner.

I'm not really an 80s guy, but movies in the 80s have an amazing charm about them, and this applies quadruple for sci-fi films of the time.
SRY

ManaByte

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2010, 02:38:04 AM »
And if you understand computers and any minor programming, especially early 80s computer jargen, then Tron is awesome on a whole new level.

CLU is a character in Legacy but these days few people will get the reference at first.
CBG

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2010, 02:55:46 AM »
And if you understand computers and any minor programming, especially early 80s computer jargen, then Tron is awesome on a whole new level.

CLU is a character in Legacy but these days few people will get the reference at first.

That's why I love Tron so much. For being a kind of kid's film, it's probably the best interpretation of computers you're gonna get in a movie, sans being scanned into a computer.
SRY

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2010, 09:54:09 AM »
I kept wanting to pick up the game when it came out, but never did. I hope there's a fun videogame to go with this.

Tauntaun

• I'm cute, you should be too.
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2010, 09:54:36 AM »
Avatar did 3D first and had blue stuff in it. :avatar
:)

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2010, 12:03:01 PM »
Avatar did 3D first and had blue stuff in it. :avatar

:lol
SRY

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2010, 12:27:52 PM »
I kept wanting to pick up the game when it came out, but never did. I hope there's a fun videogame to go with this.

Apparently Tron 2.0 is a really sweet game.
SRY

DJ_Tet

« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2010, 12:49:37 PM »

That's a good point.  As opposed to the hacker movies of the 90s, TRON actually made more sense the more you knew about computers/programming.  There is definitely something to be said for that.
TIT

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2010, 01:14:50 PM »
Jurassic Park taught me all I need to know about programming/hacking :rock

HyperZoneWasAwesome

• HastilyChosenUsername
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2010, 02:44:13 PM »
even back in the 90's, I hated the shit outta Hackers.

It was either that or The Net as my most reviled computer-thriller movie of the era.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2010, 03:21:59 PM »
even back in the 90's, I hated the shit outta Hackers.

It was either that or The Net as my most reviled computer-thriller movie of the era.

Never seen Johnny Mnemonic?
dog

HyperZoneWasAwesome

• HastilyChosenUsername
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2010, 03:33:48 PM »
Never seen Johnny Mnemonic?
Yeah, its kinda shite, but its got Udo Kier, Ice T (bad acting award 1), Henry Rollins (BAA-2, he's really terrible in it), and Dolph Fugging Lundgren in it.  Its a bad movie, but its not entirely unentertaining, and yes, seriously, Dolph Lundgren gives a good performance.

ManaByte

« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2010, 07:13:54 PM »
Gibson actually wrote the screenplay for the Mnemonic movie and published it annotated. I have a copy of that somewhere. The original short story was better as the movie didn't even touch on the people genetically graphing dog body parts on themselves.
CBG

ManaByte

« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2010, 07:22:15 PM »
Mnemonic was actually one of Gibsons better short stories. The dog bit was an example of how much he fleshed out the world in such a short story.

"Johnny Mnemonic" is a data trafficker who has undergone cybernetic surgery to have a data storage system implanted in his head. The system allows him to store digital data too sensitive to risk transmission on computer networks. To keep the cargo secure, the data is locked by a password known only to the intended recipient. Johnny enters a trance-like state while the data is being transferred or the passwords are being exchanged, making him unaware of the contents and unable to retrieve it. He makes a modest living in the Sprawl by physically transporting sensitive information for corporations, underworld crime rings or wealthy individuals.

As the story opens Johnny has arranged to meet with his most recent customer, Ralfi Face, at the Drome bar. Ralfi has stashed hundreds of megabytes of data in Johnny, and is overdue paying for the storage. To add to his troubles, Johnny has learned that Ralfi has placed a contract on him, although the reasons are unclear. Johnny finds Ralfi at his usual table, accompanied by a muscle man. Johnny threatens them with a sawed-off shotgun in his bag, but is incapacitated by a neural disruption device hidden under the table. Ralfi reveals that the data was, unknown to him at the time, stolen from the Yakuza, who are very interested in ensuring it is not revealed.

Johnny is rescued by Molly, a "Razorgirl" who has undergone extensive body modifications, most notably fingernail blades. She joins the action at the table, looking for a job. When attacked by the muscle man she cuts his wrist tendons and takes the incapacitating device control from him. Ralfi offers to pay her off, Johnny offers a higher bid to hire her as a bodyguard. Johnny and Molly take Ralfi as they exit the bar, but then Ralfi is killed by a Yakuza contract killer, who dismembers Ralfi with a monomolecular wire sharper than any knife. Johnny fires the shotgun ineffectually, while Molly is delighted to be up against a pro.

Johnny decides that the only way to save himself from the same fate is to get the data out of his head. When Johnny tells Molly the only way to retrieve the password is with a SQUID, she leads him to an amusement park to visit Jones, a retired "navy dolphin". Jones' previous job was to locate and then hack enemy mines using sensors implanted in his skull, including a SQUID. To keep them loyal, the Navy addicted all of their "war whales" to heroin, so Molly trades Jones some heroin in exchange for retrieving the password. Armed with the password, Johnny has Molly read it to him in order to enter the retrieval trance, recording everything that is returned. After downloading the data, Johnny uploads a snippet to a Yakuza communications satellite, with the implication that the rest will be released if he is not left alone.

This leaves the more immediate threat of the Yakuza killer, who is unaware of the threat to release the data. Molly takes Johnny to the "Lo Teks", anti-technology misfits who live in a suspended hideout high in the geodesic domes covering the Sprawl. Communicating via taut wires strung between the platforms, the Lo Teks are instructed to allow the killer to ascend the hideout to meet Molly on "The Killing Floor". Here, on a sprung floor that is wired to synthesizers and amplifiers, she dances around his killing wire until it cuts off his own hand and then falls from the platform.

At the end of the story Johnny and Molly intend to make a living for themselves by retrieving the faint traces of all the previously stored data in Johnny, and blackmail his former customers with it, while living with the anti-tech gang.

Differences from the source material

The story in the movie significantly deviates from the short story, most notably turning Johnny, not girlfriend Molly, into the primary action figure. In fact, the movie transforms this girlfriend from Molly into "Jane", as the film rights to Molly were owned by a company unaffiliated with the film's producers.[4]

Nerve Attenuation Syndrome (NAS) is a fictional disease in the film, which is not present in the short story. NAS, also called "the black shakes", is caused by an overexposure to electromagnetic radiation from omnipresent technological devices, and is presented as a raging epidemic affecting the world in the future. The plot of the film revolves around the one pharmaceutical corporation that has found a cure but chooses to withhold it from the public in favor of a more lucrative treatment program.

The character Chrome also makes an appearance as an AI who confers with the owner of a large zaibatsu, one of the story's antagonists. She/it is a conscience figure, unlike her original security challenge-response program nature in Gibson's short story.

Basically what happened was it was taken away and re-cut by the American distributor in the last month of its prerelease life, and it went from being a very funny, very alternative piece of work to being something that had been very unsuccessfully chopped and cut into something more mainstream.

—William Gibson, in interview with The Peak magazine, 19th October, 1998[5]

CBG

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2010, 09:46:33 PM »
Yeah, there are a lot of people who wish the original version were released instead. It sounds like the Japanese version is reasonably different, but probably not remarkably so. I'll rent it and see. Longo apparently had a quirky vision to convey, and it was cosmetically altered to be something mainstream, and failed. Then again, New Rose Hotel was an art-house version of a Gibson story, and it's unwatchable as well.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2010, 09:52:36 PM »
There's Tron and Ghost in the Shell and then there's everything else.
dog

ManaByte

« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2010, 02:41:57 PM »
    ...apparently (Disney) the top brass is so psyched about Tron: Legacy that they'e planning a TV show for 2011 & 2012 (probably for Disney XD). No news on whether it will be animated or live action. They're also already planning another Tron film for 2013.

Of course, if Legacy bombs at the BO, this will all get cancelled ASAP. But, right now, they're really behind it.

And

Expect the new Tron Legacy trailer at the beginning of the ALICE movie (in both 3D and IMAX) on March 5th in theaters. It will run almost 2 1/2 mins

CBG

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2010, 03:17:17 PM »
    ...apparently (Disney) the top brass is so psyched about Tron: Legacy that they'e planning a TV show for 2011 & 2012 (probably for Disney XD). No news on whether it will be animated or live action. They're also already planning another Tron film for 2013.

Of course, if Legacy bombs at the BO, this will all get cancelled ASAP. But, right now, they're really behind it.

And

Expect the new Tron Legacy trailer at the beginning of the ALICE movie (in both 3D and IMAX) on March 5th in theaters. It will run almost 2 1/2 mins

:yuck at the first

:hyper at the second

I'm pretty sure TL is gonna bomb, or at least seriously underperform in the BO. Nobody really cares about Tron anymore, except like 10 people here and Tommy Tallarico.
SRY

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2010, 03:18:21 PM »
Man, if they did a CG Tron series it would almost be like the return of Reboot. :hyper
dog

ManaByte

« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2010, 03:18:57 PM »
Man, if they did a CG Tron series it would almost be like the return of Reboot. :hyper

Except, you know, good.
CBG

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2010, 03:19:57 PM »

Except, you know, good.

I dunno about that. I mean, when was the last time Disney made a good TV show?

I love Tron, but it's easy to completely fuck up.
SRY

ManaByte

« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2010, 02:39:45 PM »
CBG

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2010, 03:20:00 PM »
SRY

ManaByte

« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2010, 04:01:47 PM »
CBG