Author Topic: TRON THREAD OMG - Tron 3 teaser footage on Tron Legacy Blu-Ray! [OMFG]  (Read 49094 times)

Raban

• The baby...
Re: Flynn Lives
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2010, 04:51:33 PM »
I know they're bits, I've been playing the Tron 2.0 game, but how do you even read that? The seconds aren't counting down, it seems. I dunno.
SRY

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2010, 09:49:47 AM »
even back in the 90's, I hated the shit outta Hackers.

It was either that or The Net as my most reviled computer-thriller movie of the era.

I loved Hackers, mainly for the soundtrack. Underworld, Leftfield, Orbital, Massive Attack, Prodigy, Stereo MC's... was like a who's who of mid 90's EDM.
^_^

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2010, 07:03:24 PM »
Ok we may have the trailer...or something within the next hour.

Got the Tron soundtrack playing now in anticipation!
CBG

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2010, 07:25:39 PM »
Scratch that. No trailer, yet.

But this:
http://www.pitcell.com/
CBG

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2010, 07:54:40 PM »
Scratch that. No trailer, yet.

But this:
http://www.pitcell.com/
Awesome. That's my new wallpaper.

ManaByte

« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2010, 03:45:44 PM »
TRAILER SCREENED TODAY!

Brief rundown of the trailer:
- A good deal of exposition from Bruce Boxleitner
- An introduction to the main character - Son of Flynn
- A lot of footage from the Tron-world.
- Remember the arcade from the original film? Remember the atmosphere in the arcade, with Flynn being king of his little place. That is what the Tron-world is now like.
- Son of Flynn is thrown into the world, and there is a very cool shot of the Encom laser rearing it's head behind him.

We all know it's revolving around Flynn's son. It starts with said son being told about his father being missing for 20 years. How Flynn was revolutionizing everything from computers to medicine. The son enters Flynn's arcade. He then goes behind the secret door behind the old Tron arcade game. Fires up a computer. A familiar laser rises behind him. Fires up.

Then we get the computer world!

It was very frantic from this point out. First thing we see is a full on Recognizer. It was badass. Lots more moving parts. The cockpit seemed to rise up the legs like an elevator. Inside we see Flynn Jr. We see a shot of Young Flynn (presumably Clu). We see a badass old Flynn with a posse of other programs behind him. It looks to me like Flynn totally owns the place. We see lots of frisbees being thrown. We see lots of light bikes smashing each other up. We see a light quad-bike getting in on the action. We see the gal from Bones laying on a pretty badass couch.

We also see some tap-dancing with a cane.

Trailer, which is in 3-D opens with shot of Encom building.
Then Alan is talking to Flynn's son and says, "I've told you that I'd let you know if I ever had information about your missing father." He then says something about a call he got from Flynn's arcade, only the line has been dead for twenty years. There's a shot of Flynn's arcade, old and boarded up, with his son breaking in. He approaches the TRON video game and puts in a quarter. It falls out. He then finds a secret door, much like the door that opened on the "lightcycle video" a year ago. In the back is a secret room with a computer. He sits at the desk and the same lazer that "zapped" Kevin Flynn into the "GAME" Zaps Flynn Junior into the game.

The computer world is very much like what we saw in the teaser. We first get a shot of a recognizer which takes Flynn Jr, somewhere. We also get a shot of Olivia Wilde's character lounging on a chair dressed in an all black body suit. As a contrast, we see an absolutely gorgeous blonde woman walking towards the camera in a white body suit. We then see a dude with white hair who I thought was David Bowie with a guitar. I assume he's with Daft Punk. We then see Clu, Jeff Bridges' computer doppelganger, dressed in all black with yellow stripes getting off an elevator with a posse behind him. I think he's a gangster or something that runs the computer world.

The final segment shows Flynn Jr. walking down a hallway towards a lighted room (pitcell picture) as we hear something like "It's been a long time." We then see Kevin Flynn's eyes (same shot from the teaser). The trailer ends with the date the film opens and then a shot of two combatants on the light cycles bumping into eachother.

The mood of the trailer is definetly DARK. Throughout there's an electronic baseline which I assume is Daft Punk.

Started off with Flynn's Son talking to some man about finding his father. They presume Flynn to be dead, so the Son inherits Flynn's Arcade. They show the Son racing through the streets on a motorcycle - cutting corners sharply and jumping over curbs. The Son pulls up to Flynn's Arcade which looks like it has been shut down for years. He enters the arcade and turns on the power which lights up all the old video game cabinets. The Son walks over to the Tron machine and puts a quarter into it. The quarter falls right through the coin slot and onto the ground. When the Son bends over to pick it up he notices grooves on the floor and realizes the Tron cabinet can be moved. It opens up like a door and there is a secret computer room on the other side. The room appears to have similar Master Control Program desk console that Ed Dillinger had in his office. The Son boots up the dust covered machine and behind him the Laser from the ENCOM labatory rises up and powers on. We do not get see the Son getting digitized, but in the very next shot we are in the digital world and they show an updated look Recognizer slowly landing. The CGI looked beautiful. There were more shots of various digital world locations. I do not remember exactly what was said but we hear the Son and Flynn talking about how it was good to see each other again. During this they showed what looked like a DISC battle arena. Various characters throwing Discs at each other and one character who was wielding dual discs. They also showed a bit of Light Cycles racing around. There is a shot of (I'm assuming) Olivia Wilde's digital character lounging on a couch. Another shot of a man in Yellow (I couldn't tell if it was Flynn) walking with a group of Red Characters behind him. They also showed one shot of Flynn's face - the same blurry video shot that was used in the already released trailer. Over all of this the Daft Punk score was playing - the same score that's been floating around the internet. At the very end of the trailer we see the Son in a blue light cycle cutting off a red light cycle and it disintegrates.

CBG

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2010, 05:55:13 PM »
 :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper
dog

ManaByte

« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2010, 08:01:10 PM »
The wait until December is going to suck.
CBG

ManaByte

« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2010, 08:01:59 PM »
Tron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Avatar
CBG

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2010, 08:24:38 PM »
glad I didn't drive to LA for that :lol
乱学者

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2010, 01:04:09 AM »
My dick got so hard so quickly I blew my desk in half with the power of my dick.
SRY

ManaByte

« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2010, 11:53:51 AM »
Original movie BluRay is in the works. Completely color-corrected to match the original prints. Should be out by the time the sequel is in theaters.

Q&A from the LA screening:
Why did they (Disney and the Directors) chose to wait so long to make a Tron movie and why now? - Technology caught up with the story they wanted to tell and make it feel more real and relevant to today. Also because Disney decided to move ahead with the project.

Is Tron 2.0 part of Tron's canon and will it be reference in Tron Legacy? No. Tron 2.0 is not part of the Tron "movie" canon.

Why did they decide to do it in 3D? - Mostly the success of Avatar and that the direction of movies are going the way of 3D especially with Disney. They shot in 3D because they wanted to immerse the audience into the world of Tron.

Would Bit show up in the movie? - No Bit doesn't appear persay but another character inspired from him with more dimensionality does make a debute.

Would the MPC be in the movie? - No, the original "old construct" was destroyed in the first Tron. There will be a new more relevant threat to address this time.

Would other characters from the first Tron make cameos? - Yes many, some glimpses of some of them are in the trailer if you look close enough.

How did Joseph work with Steven to make Tron Legacy faithful to the original movie? - Both Joseph and Steven said they wanted to make sure they were careful to include nods to the original movie while taking Tron into another more contemporary direction.

Will we see the return of the games from the first Tron? - Joseph stated we would see updated takes on the original gladitorial games as well as some new ones.

Is Daft Punk in the movie? - No, but their music is.

Is the track that was leaked on the internet the music Daft Punk did for the movie? No. There are many fake tracks out there online. No one has heard Daft Punk's score except for now which was used in the trailer you just saw.

Were they concerned that today's audiences would even remember the original Tron? - The answer from Steven is that they would remember too much about the first Tron. Joseph when on to explain that people would see Tron Legacy just like the original Tron was supposed to be viewed but more in line with the level of effects they intended with the first movie - Tron Legacy will feel more realistic.

Why did they use a minimalistic approach to the new suit designs? - Joseph stated that they didn't want to rely on the traditional cel/rotoscoping techniques and that it took too long to hand draw and process that style. They went with real illuminated suits instead that could be further enhanced with CG without relying on inverting the negatives and overlaying facial details. It was easier to do this effect with today's technology over CG bodies.

Did Jeff Bridges have any involvement with the script? - Joseph and Steven both answered that Jeff was very much involved with the script writing process and was hands on in making sure the movie was in line with his character. Jeff found the idea of an older Flynn vs. a younger Flynn very appealing to explore and develop.

Is Disney planning on making any new Tron Legacy based attractions at either Disney World or Disneyland Park? - Joseph answered, many things are in development for both Disney parks but he could not disclose details.

Here's one thing they're doing at the parks:
Apparently the Motion Picture design team out in California have created a vinyl wrap that will encompass one of the Monorails that circle above the park. From what he's seen, it will make the Monorail look like a light-cycle from the upcoming TRON movie is riding the rails above you.

I guess the cab is the cycle and the rest of the cabins are the light trail

They did the same thing for the Nemo Subs where they made a monorail look like a sub.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 12:28:11 PM by ManaByte »
CBG

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2010, 12:21:23 PM »
Is the track that was leaked on the internet the music Daft Punk did for the movie? No. There are many fake tracks out there online. No one has heard Daft Punk's score except for now which was used in the trailer you just saw.

So, wait, does this mean that the music they played during the light-cycle reveal at Comic Con wasn't a track from the movie?
dog

ManaByte

« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2010, 02:03:03 PM »
The animated series is going to be CG and bridge the time between Tron and Tron Legacy.
CBG

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2010, 02:16:56 PM »
The animated series is going to be CG and bridge the time between Tron and Tron Legacy.

:hyper
dog

ManaByte

« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2010, 02:36:18 PM »

CBG

Donono

« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2010, 02:41:20 PM »
Reminds me of Big.

Powerslave

« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2010, 02:51:52 PM »
Olivia Wilde Homo

ManaByte

« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2010, 03:04:50 PM »
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
CBG

Mupepe

• Icon
Re: Flynn Lives - BOOTLEG TRAILER OUT
« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2010, 03:09:25 PM »
I saw the trailer before Alice and my pussy got wet.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2010, 11:07:03 PM »
Actual trailer is now out and it honestly looks like an early contender for the best popcorn flick of the year. Daft Punk! Olivia Wilde! I'm so hard!
PSP

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2010, 11:27:43 PM »
I really love the way the computer world looks.
dog

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2010, 11:32:16 PM »
serious boners right now. seeing this in 3D FUCK YEAH.
nat

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2010, 12:03:59 AM »
Olivia Wilde is topless in Alpha Dog.  GO WILD WILLCO
PS4

cool breeze

« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2010, 12:06:39 AM »
cool trailer

is there going to be a video game tie-in? I remember Tron 2.0 being good.  I wouldn't mind a new game using this new style.

Robo

« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2010, 12:11:14 AM »
I creamed in my pantaloons.
obo

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2010, 12:18:00 AM »
yea...this could look pretty fucking awesome in 3D

cool breeze

« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2010, 12:19:27 AM »
wait, who was the guy who looked kinda like Flynn from the original movie? I mean, the assumed "real" Flynn at the end of current age Jeff with beard and oldness.

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2010, 12:23:29 AM »
Tron? Clu?
PS4

cool breeze

« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2010, 12:26:05 AM »
this guy:

Maybe it's Clu.  I haven't watched Tron in a while.

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2010, 01:22:23 AM »
DAT COUCH
乱学者

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2010, 01:28:37 AM »
I am SO stoked for this movie. Everything about this trailer looks awesome. Music is awesome, visuals are awesome, Olivia Wilde looks so hot that calling her "hot" implies there's some way you can compare her to other females, CANNOT FUCKING WAIT, DAY FUCKING MINUS ONE.
乱学者

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2010, 01:40:57 AM »
Olivia Wilde is topless in Alpha Dog.  GO WILD WILLCO
There is nothing to see, smh. Maybe her horrendous acting distracted me.

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2010, 01:42:22 AM »
not to drag Avatar into it, but ... Tron actually has design and class and aesthetics and amazing coherency, and Avatar is anything-goes JRPG level visual nonsense. I CAN'T WAIT FOR TRON I LOVE TRON. TRON TRON TRON TRON
乱学者

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2010, 01:43:46 AM »
Green Shinobi's new name is Green Tronobi
乱学者

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2010, 01:45:45 AM »
Man, I am really looking forward to this movie. What was it again?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
TRON
[close]
乱学者

border

« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2010, 01:46:29 AM »
Fucking December?   Awww man, I was thinking that this would be a summer relase!

I haven't even seen the original and this got me kinda hyped for the new one.

ManaByte

« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2010, 02:17:12 AM »
It is a new Clu. The original was derezzed in the first movie. This one is more advanced.
CBG

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Re: Flynn Lives - TRAILER OUT AND OWNS YOUR FACE
« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2010, 03:20:51 AM »
this guy:

(Image removed from quote.)

Is that a de-ageified Jeff Bridges?  That's fucking amazing use of CG.
PS4

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2010, 07:43:52 AM »
That would seriously be requiring too much knowledge for the appreciation it might garner from the fans.

...but if it is, WOW, that'd be neat-o.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
And it /is/ yellow highlights on him...
[close]

ManaByte

« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2010, 07:56:07 AM »
this guy:

(Image removed from quote.)

Is that a de-ageified Jeff Bridges?  That's fucking amazing use of CG.

Yes. It's done by the same people who did Benjamin Button.
CBG

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2010, 09:24:02 AM »
Can't be hyped for this yet, December is too far away :'(
:9

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #102 on: March 09, 2010, 09:41:50 AM »
Can't be hyped for this yet, December is too far away :'(

:'(
dog

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2010, 10:02:35 AM »
i need to find the Tron 20th anniversary two-disc dvd i got around my house. i havent watched Tron in years.
nat

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #104 on: March 09, 2010, 10:09:24 AM »
May watch because of Olivia Wilde.
Drunk

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #105 on: March 09, 2010, 10:18:04 AM »
not to drag Avatar into it, but ... Tron actually has design and class and aesthetics and amazing coherency, and Avatar is anything-goes JRPG level visual nonsense. I CAN'T WAIT FOR TRON I LOVE TRON. TRON TRON TRON TRON

Bingo.

Tron, from just the trailer, looks like an intensive labor of love - and the set design absolutely smokes Avatar. The organic stuff is beautifully textured (Flynn's decrepit arcade is impressive) and so much of the film inside Tron looks like it was ripped from the '80s. I really love everything I see about this film - from the music, the atmosphere and the aesthetics.
PSP

Robo

« Reply #106 on: March 09, 2010, 10:32:32 AM »
Could use more lens flare, though.
obo

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #107 on: March 09, 2010, 11:07:52 AM »
Awesome, will shit all over Avatar confirmed.

Tronland > Pandora

O Wilde > Furry blue Zoe Saldana

The Dude > Sam Worthington
yar

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #108 on: March 09, 2010, 11:19:43 AM »
imagine a blue furry olivia wilde  :o
nat

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #109 on: March 09, 2010, 11:21:20 AM »
Nah, we're not much for flip-floppin'. We began the Avatar hate train prior to release, The Dark Knight hate train prior to release, etc.
PSP

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #110 on: March 09, 2010, 11:21:40 AM »
Tron has Old Dude and Young Dude.  :omg
dog

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #111 on: March 09, 2010, 11:24:35 AM »
With visuals like that this is a LOCK for Best Director.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #112 on: March 09, 2010, 11:27:00 AM »
If this doesn't win Best Director or Best Picture, I will be outraged!*

*But I will take Best Cinematography as a conciliation prize.
PSP

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #113 on: March 09, 2010, 11:39:47 AM »
Best Music or bust! :rock
dog

ManaByte

« Reply #114 on: March 09, 2010, 02:28:25 PM »

Bingo.

Tron, from just the trailer, looks like an intensive labor of love - and the set design absolutely smokes Avatar. The organic stuff is beautifully textured (Flynn's decrepit arcade is impressive) and so much of the film inside Tron looks like it was ripped from the '80s. I really love everything I see about this film - from the music, the atmosphere and the aesthetics.

They were trying to get this done for nearly thirty years. Throughout the entire Eisner era he wouldn't hear of it because he thought Tron was stupid.
CBG

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #115 on: March 09, 2010, 04:13:54 PM »

Bingo.

They were trying to get this done for nearly thirty years. Throughout the entire Eisner era he wouldn't hear of it because he thought Tron was stupid.

Yet another reason why it's a really great thing that Eisner is gone.
dog

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #116 on: March 09, 2010, 04:16:57 PM »
on the other hand, I'm not sure how I feel about Tron Legacy: 1994 Edition
乱学者

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #117 on: March 09, 2010, 04:21:56 PM »

Yeah, there's always that but, on the other hand, what if Tron 3 was about to come out?
dog

ManaByte

« Reply #118 on: March 09, 2010, 04:31:17 PM »

Yeah, there's always that but, on the other hand, what if Tron 3 was about to come out?

They're already planning Tron 3 for 2013 if Legacy does well enough.
CBG

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #119 on: March 09, 2010, 04:35:39 PM »
awesome, the only thing I love more than movies are the first parts of planned trilogies
乱学者