Author Topic: Temple of Elemental Evil  (Read 876 times)

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
Temple of Elemental Evil
« on: December 11, 2006, 02:13:51 AM »
 :'(

So, I finally unwrapped this guy after he has been sitting on my shelf for the past 9 months.

What a dry, boring game. Too bad because the combat is fun/challenging. Everything else has the charm and nuance of an EA RTS.

Whose dick do I have to suck for their to be a good PC RPG nowadays?

I'm half tempted to buy Icewind Dale 2 for 4.99. Never played the sequel .. it certainly has to be better than TOEE.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
Re: Temple of Elemental Evil
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 02:16:04 AM »
I liked IWD2 a fair bit. Be sure to get the community patch for it, though, which fixes some pretty lame design flaws in two areas.
duc

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 02:18:19 AM »
IWD2 is fuck hard, the community patch fixes the UNFAIR elements that made it pretty fuck hard lol.

First IWD isnt bad but druids are so overpowered it makes no sense not to make a party of 6 druids lol. Layering outdoor spells in a cave WITH indoor spells lolololololl.

I didnt like ToEE mostly cause I recall walking through towns with no one in them, but you could go in the buildings, but no one was home. I might be thinking of that lionheart game too.
o_0

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 02:33:05 AM »

I didnt like ToEE mostly cause I recall walking through towns with no one in them, but you could go in the buildings, but no one was home. I might be thinking of that lionheart game too.

No that is TOEE.

I'm half tempted just to use a Walkthrough the rest of the game. It seems insulting that I should actually have to put forth an effort for such minimal enjoyment.

I'm starting to realize that games that adhere so closely to the AD&D book are UNFUN.

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 02:35:04 AM »
Yaa that was pretty much my reaction. IWD series is more like BG2 without the tons of story and way more combat.
o_0