Author Topic: Borecast 16: OldNet, FreeRealms, Mana Khemia 2, Dissidia, Wolfenstein, Batman  (Read 4543 times)

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
Direct Link:  http://media.libsyn.com/media/borecast/Borecast_16.mp3

We start off the show with a special announcement this week, then launch into our new format with a segment on Internet Aging, followed by the new feature "Borecast Investigates" and a lengthy Playlist, then wrap it all up by announcng the winner of the Borecast Se7en Challenge Prize Pack!

SEGMENT ONE:  You Kids Get Off Our Lawn Wallpaper

(03:55) Doug and Kevin gripe and grumble and talk about when they had to walk uphill on the internet to get to a website.

SEGMENT TWO:  Borecast Investigates

(20:32) We pull a peeping tom act on the world of Free MMOs with a brief look at Sony's FreeRealms.  SPOILER:  we got banned.

Go to www.borecast.com for a couple of screenshots and the last, lame surviving footage of our outing!

SEGMENT THREE: THE PLAYLIST

(38:34) Devil May Cry 4 (PC version)

(44:50) Mana Khemia 2 PS2 (and the Beverly Hillbillies RPG)

(54:15) Final Fantasy Dissidia (PSP)

(1:02:05) Wolfenstein (PC version)

(1:13:25) I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MB1ES!!!1 (XBL Indie Game)

(1:16:00) Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman's Big Face (PS3 version)

BORECAST SE7EN CHALLENGE PRIZE PACK WINNER

(1:29:45) Congratulations to the only person who entered the contest! We'll be in touch to get your mailing address and send your stuff out shortly! The rest of you suck. But we love you.

We'll talk to you again NEXT WEEK, same crap-time, same crap-channel!

sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
sup

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Woot.
PSP

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Perfect for a day of watching drives clone. Thank you for saving me. :hyper

20 more to go! :-\
©ZH

Tauntaun

• I'm cute, you should be too.
I didn't listen yet but I saw a commercial for a new Wolfenstein game for PC (I assume this is the one that you're talking about) where they go to some other dimension or planet.  smh
:)

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Compound the crime. :rofl
©ZH

tehjaybo

• Kentucky-Bore's Last Hope
I would have entered the SE7EN challenge, but I figured since I got Killzone it would be douche to enter something like that again. 

Then again..  Killzone sucked...
HURR

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
PSP

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
I didn't listen yet but I saw a commercial for a new Wolfenstein game for PC (I assume this is the one that you're talking about) where they go to some other dimension or planet.  smh

There are some brief glimpses of another dimension and some nasty stuff comes through various portals to the real world, but you don't actually go there. Most of the game is spent in a German city.
dog

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
Kevin: Confessions of a Superhero

yeah, i shoulda just googled it but i was too lazy

great documentary, btw
sup

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
Awesome.

Kevin's comment on Infamous reminded me that I think the sidekick character is based on George Bush's. He says folksy shit like "cashola" and there is a twist in the latter half of the game that really sold me on the hypothesis
jon

E-DuB

"Eric P is a pedo..." :lol

Also that dog looks mildly distinguished mentally-challenged  :lol
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 05:44:32 PM by E-DuB »

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
For the video game writing episode, you have have HAVE to talk about the HIDEOSNOUS that is Kojima's rep as a good or interesting or competent or whatever the fucking mythos is writer.  Perhaps an examination of some eastern vs. western rpgs would be a good topic to touch on as well, since some of those old Black Isle/BioWare games have some of what I would argue are the ONLY decent writing to grace games ever.
yar

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Also Zelda: OoT, which happened to be Doug's favorite game of all-time.
PSP

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Also Zelda: OoT, which happened to be Doug's favorite game of all-time.

They should bring that up on the "exposing the seedy underbelly of the world of 'video game journalism' episode"... for shits and giggles maybe they can see if there still exists some sort of record of alphasnacks' review of The Bouncer.
yar

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
The Bouncer. :lol
PSP

Human Snorenado

• Icon
If I remember correctly, it really "got his emotion engine racing."
yar

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
Re: Borecast 16: OldNet, FreeRealms, Mana Khemia 2, Dissidia, Wolfenstein, Batman
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 03:21:00 AM »
maf suggested we try eve online for the next borecast investigates and taste VIRTUAL CORPORATE LIFE. he's also gonna give us a write-up of his hilariously bureaucratic eve online experience
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 03:25:27 AM by Professor Prole »
duc

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Re: Borecast 16: OldNet, FreeRealms, Mana Khemia 2, Dissidia, Wolfenstein, Batman
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2009, 03:37:01 AM »
I suggest for Indefensible - Policenauts

Go on I dare ya
fat

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2009, 03:37:48 AM »
kojima in general would be a good call

but snatcher/policenauts are pretty damn awful
duc

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2009, 03:58:29 AM »
maf suggested we try eve online for the next borecast investigates and taste VIRTUAL CORPORATE LIFE. he's also gonna give us a write-up of his hilariously bureaucratic eve online experience

would totally pee my pants over this
itm

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2009, 04:05:45 AM »
I just picked up a laptop so I'll finally get to hear one of these.
sad

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2009, 04:16:04 AM »
I just picked up a laptop so I'll finally get to hear one of these.

your morning jogs will be much enriched!
vjj

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2009, 04:28:06 AM »
first impressions:
FuddyDuddies
 :-\
sad

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2009, 11:28:45 AM »
Due to the holiday, Episode 17 will be up tomorrow morning, then it's every Monday after that (unless there's a holiday or unavoidable delay).
sup

muckhole

• AMBASSADOR
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2009, 01:13:15 PM »
I've been so busy the last few weeks that I still haven't even gotten to listen to ep 15 yet. I need to start splitting these and burning them to audio cd's so I can listen in the car.
fek

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2009, 01:18:53 PM »
Translation:  Eel got drunk last night.
yar

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2009, 04:05:10 PM »
labor day weekend biatch!

I've been so busy the last few weeks that I still haven't even gotten to listen to ep 15 yet. I need to start splitting these and burning them to audio cd's so I can listen in the car.

we're making it easier for you, our beloved listeners, with weekly, shorter shows broken into nerd/general interest!
sup

ferrarimanf355

• I have the cutest car on The Bore

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2009, 04:17:54 PM »
uh
sup

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2009, 04:40:29 PM »
What a fucking idiot.
fat

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2009, 06:00:25 PM »
ferrarimanf355 has been deprived of oxygen on numerous occasions some point in his life.

Edit: Committed Arvieism.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 06:13:58 PM by T EXP »
🍆🍆