Author Topic: EVILBORE UNCHARTED 2 OFFICIAL THREAD!!!!!!1111 OF SUDAFED HIGHBALLS  (Read 40354 times)

Bebpo

Re: EVILBORE UNCHARTED 2 OFFICIAL THREAD!!!!!!1111 OF SUDAFED HIGHBALLS
« Reply #540 on: January 07, 2010, 12:30:43 AM »
If anyone wants to play right now, we have a 4 person party of me, duckroll, himuro and y2kev.  The more the merrier!  psn: bebpojp

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #541 on: January 07, 2010, 01:49:26 AM »
Sorry to cut it short guys, but I wanted to do some standard deathmatch/team deathmatch type games.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #542 on: January 07, 2010, 02:12:19 AM »
no prob.  fun games.

Himu

« Reply #543 on: January 07, 2010, 03:11:04 AM »
We got owned.

We MUST come up with a plan. Duckroll and I agree we must come up with a strategy for tomorrow night!

Also: Wooh! Got all treasures! I'm all Uncharted 2 SP'd out. 3 playthroughs in 1 week and a half! I'll save my crushing run for this weekend. For now...multi multi multi!!! :hyper
IYKYK

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #544 on: January 07, 2010, 10:47:39 AM »
I've never played a co-op match in this game. Add me and I'll play too. PSN - Hotiv
I think I still have room for some new PSN friends. Otherwise I'll delete a few OA-ers.  :omg

I remember being level 23 when then beta ended. But I haven't touched the MP since the game launched. So I'm still lvl 1 lol. Already beat the game on Crushing, though.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #545 on: January 07, 2010, 11:50:54 AM »
We got owned.

We MUST come up with a plan. Duckroll and I agree we must come up with a strategy for tomorrow night!

Well, for one thing, using mics would help. 

For another, sticking together in groups in deathmatch games where everyone has ROCKETS is not the best idea.  I was doing my best to move away everytime I noticed you were right next to me, Himu.   :lol

I noticed right off the bat in the first match that you guys were sort of just charging head first into the fray and racking up the kill count for the other team.  More hiding is needed.  At the same time, "hiding" against a wall and doing nothing in an elimination game when you are the last member of your team left, letting the other guy walk right up and kill you, doesn't work well either.   :lol

But at the same time, the other teams we played were all way higher levels than the rest of us.  If we can get 5-6 people playing, we should just do some custom games, but stick to deathmatch.  King of the hill type games won't work.

One thing I dislike about multi are those skeleton characters.  They can sometimes blend in with the backgrounds and hide better than everyone else.  It's bullshit.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 11:55:20 AM by Good Day Sir »
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #546 on: January 07, 2010, 12:25:52 PM »
There's another benefit to skeleton characters, Lyte: they don't grunt.

You're right, Lyte! :(
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #547 on: January 07, 2010, 12:27:53 PM »
I wanna play with you guys

What's your psn, buddy?

I've never played a co-op match in this game. Add me and I'll play too. PSN - Hotiv
I think I still have room for some new PSN friends. Otherwise I'll delete a few OA-ers.  :omg

I remember being level 23 when then beta ended. But I haven't touched the MP since the game launched. So I'm still lvl 1 lol. Already beat the game on Crushing, though.

How annoying is Crushing?  :-\
IYKYK

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #548 on: January 07, 2010, 12:33:42 PM »
If you can beat Hard, you'll beat Crushing too. I basically used the same tactics as in Hard mode. Just died a few times more lol. It really isn't that hard.

Bebpo

« Reply #549 on: January 07, 2010, 02:38:31 PM »
Added you Third.

We got owned.

Well, for one thing, using mics would help. 

Do you have a mic lyte?  I got one with warhawk back when but never got it working.  I can try to get it working next time we play if I'm not going to be the only one with a mic.  I know duckroll doesn't have a bluetooth mic and isn't buying one just for this game.  Himuro, do you have a mic?

Himu

« Reply #550 on: January 08, 2010, 03:52:44 AM »
So Bebpo, Duckroll and I hatched a great Plunder strategy and we did great tonight. Score was 3-3, and WE WOULD HAVE WON but the game ended RIGHT WHEN WE WERE NEXT TO THE TREASURE BOX D;ALFJA;DSF

And no mic here.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #551 on: January 08, 2010, 04:04:38 AM »
We lost 4-5 in a plunder game after you left.  Was close but we seriously need to learn where the grenade launcher/rpg/pistole/shotguns are on each map because when the other team gets a grenade launcher they take out a bunch of us and it's baaaaad.

Himu

« Reply #552 on: January 08, 2010, 04:08:35 AM »
That's the hardest fucking part: when they get pistoles/snipers/greniade launchers and shit.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #553 on: January 09, 2010, 02:46:27 AM »
Lyte Edge: when you get the treasure in plunder, pass it! When you run with it you're a sitting duck. You cover more ground if you pass it to the next person.  ;)
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #554 on: January 09, 2010, 02:52:17 AM »
Lyte Edge: when you get the treasure in plunder, pass it! When you run with it you're a sitting duck. You cover more ground if you pass it to the next person.  ;)

Copied from the what are you playing thread:

Man, I'm far from the best in UC2, but damn...watching Himuro run around AND NOT PICK UP THE IDOL WHICH WAS RIGHT NEAR THE GOAL IN PLUNDER, then die right in front of it was brutal.   :lol

EDIT: Oh shit...it's the new map...gonna be total noob!

EDIT 2: Himu, Bebpo, and I all killed each other with grenades.   :lol :'(

Himu, it had been so long since I played Plunder that I forgot how to throw the idol.   :lol  It's gonna take me another couple of games to get back into full UC2 mode.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #555 on: January 09, 2010, 03:05:36 AM »
L2

And I don't know what you're talking about me dying right in front of it? There was one time when you ran with it for like 30 seconds and we could have scored if you threw it, but then the other team came and mopped us up right when we were about to.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 03:07:16 AM by Himuro »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #556 on: January 09, 2010, 03:18:29 AM »
As we said on gaf:

Quote from: me
Quote from: duckroll
The server was being weird today. I'm not sure why people were getting kicked, otherwise we would have had a nice 3v3 deathmatch. -_-

I think we did pretty okay in Plunder considering the big level difference, and the fact that they clearly knew Fort way better than we did. Fort is an ASS map for Plunder anyway. Stupid maze of turd under the map.

The thing about Fort is that it's not even an advantage to the other team. We're on one side of the map, where it's just a straight and narrow path with few branches. The other team's base is RIGHT NEXT to the underground area, so it's ALWAYS to their advantage to throw the idol in the hole where the fountain is, and then keep juggling, because it's fucking TEDIOUS getting the idol AWAY from the other teams territory with that map.

On top of that, it's almost impossible defending a base on that map, which is my job.

I need some guys to help me defend the base next time we play. Lyte Edge seems to do a good job helping me defend the base, I nominate him!
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #557 on: January 09, 2010, 03:19:03 AM »
Eh, considering we didn't know the map at all in that last match I think we did ok.  Especially since most of them had the treasure booster that lets you move faster with it.

I was talking to duckroll, but the way I play plunder is I concentrate on simply killing the other team members.  Therefore thinning out the few that make it to the rest of you guys working on the treasure or at best killing most of them and giving you guys free time to move the treasure unharmed.  The other team is usually so concentrating on the treasure and rushing in its direction that if you don't care about the treasure at all (me) you have the combat advantage.  I usually average about 2-3 of them dead before I die each time.  I think you really just need a 3 person treasure team focusing on moving the treasure.  Then the other 2 guys can concentrate on simply distracting the other team by killing them or keeping them occupied.  I mean even if you can't kill them if you make them chase you around, every second they waste chasing you is a second they are not hounding the treasure guys.  

I think the best boosters for plunder are:
-treasure bearer
-revenge (drop bomb that goes off right when you die).  This way you take them out most of the time and give your teammates more time to move the treasure while they wait to respawn.

Himu

« Reply #558 on: January 09, 2010, 03:20:21 AM »
Fleet foot rox cuz it lets me aim faster and aiming in Uncharted 2 is ass slow, good god.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #559 on: January 09, 2010, 03:22:15 AM »
Fleet foot rox cuz it lets me aim faster and aiming in Uncharted 2 is ass slow, good god.

I had fleet foot equipped and I didn't really notice much of a difference really.  I found that in close range battles L1 is still too slow so I just shoot from the hip to soften them and then punch them once to finish them.  Plus grenade spam right before I start shooting them for extra damage or the kill.

Himu

« Reply #560 on: January 09, 2010, 03:22:25 AM »
What level unlocks revenge??! That sounds AWESOME.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #561 on: January 09, 2010, 03:23:22 AM »

I had fleet foot equipped and I didn't really notice much of a difference really.  I found that in close range battles L1 is still too slow so I just shoot from the hip to soften them and then punch them once to finish them.  Plus grenade spam right before I start shooting them for extra damage or the kill.

I do the same thing, mostly, but sometimes it just ain't enough because the other person is actually aiming at you and you're at a disadvantage despite their loss in speed due to aiming.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 03:26:20 AM by Himuro »
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #562 on: January 09, 2010, 03:28:15 AM »
L2

Did you miss me throwing it all over the place after the first match? :lol

And I don't know what you're talking about me dying right in front of it? There was one time when you ran with it for like 30 seconds and we could have scored if you threw it, but then the other team came and mopped us up right when we were about to.

There was a part during one of the early matches we played (on the snow level) where you were right at the entrance to the base.  There was one guy from the enemy team there; I tried to kill him and failed, then as I waited to respawn, I watched that guy get killed, then you circle around the treasure while nobody was around, duck for cover, roll away, etc., and finally get shot by someone off-screen right as I respawned.   :lol

The only time I remember running straight with it was during that first match...because nobody was chasing me.  I was listening to the other team wonder where I was.   :lol

Eh, considering we didn't know the map at all in that last match I think we did ok.  Especially since most of them had the treasure booster that lets you move faster with it.

We did AWESOME considering those guys were all way higher levels than us and had those nasty perks.  Our team's biggest problem is the lack of communication.  Do you guys not have mics?  I do.  Using them helps.  Not like the other team, where they were straight THUGGIN', but saying what's going on at your corner of the map helps a lot.  One guy on the other team just kept shit-talking during the last game...he was the most fun to take out by FAR, but damn do those grenade-spamming death boosters suck ass.  (I can't wait to get it myself  :D)

I guess I should check the GAF thread...or Duckroll can come post in here! 
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #563 on: January 09, 2010, 03:29:34 AM »
BE MY BASE DEFENSE PARTNER LYTE

And yeah, we did great when you consider those guys were what? 30? 40? levels above us?

What was the score again? 3-5? And weren't they laughing at us before the match started.

How 'bout dem apples, cunts?

It felt GLORIOUS killing three of those penis mongrels in a row at their base. I was like BLAM BLAM, RATTA RATTA RATTA, DODGE ROLL, BLAM.  8)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 03:41:07 AM by Himuro »
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #564 on: January 09, 2010, 05:44:25 AM »
There was glorious shit talking-turned bitching and whining when we'd score or kill them, too.  Those are always the best matches!   :D
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #565 on: January 21, 2010, 11:16:57 AM »
After beating Uncharted 2 across all modes (except very easy) in the past month, I gotta say that between it and Resident Evil 5 and Modern Warfare 2, 2009 was one of a decent year for me gaming-wise.

These days it takes a lot for me to want to replay a game and do everything in it, but I did with two games in the past year.

So I guess I can say I'm satisfied. I'd have to say I like RE5 and UC2 equally though. I just can't say I like it more than RE5 considering how fun that game was to me.

After all my playthroughs this is my take on the game:

+ Great combat, controls, gunplay and mostly great cover system.

+ They took every thing I liked about Uncharted (the exploration, the platforming, the adventure) and enhanced it, while making everything I thought was alright (the gunplay, for starters) and made it excellent.

+ While the first game's story and characters felt off to me, its sequel nails the Indiana Jones feel through its campy dialogue, multiple locations, and fun adventure. The amount of killing and shooting lowers the Indy feel a bit, but not enough to the point where it ruin the experience.

+ ND was always great with rewards and replay value, but I don't think they've ever had such a robust system as they do in Uncharted 2, especially when you consider multiplayer and how that ties in with the single player rewards. It's a system that keeps me coming back.

+ The multiplayer. It is fantastic. Unfortunately, MW2 seems to have killed the servers. You're lucky to get more than 9k players on a server on a weekend. That's pretty..uh...bad. :(

- My main grievance with the game are the boss fights. They're really bad: bullet sponges, very little strategy involved (final boss for instance is essentially a game of cat and mouse...except longer than it should be) and on replays both the train boss and the final boss are beyond tedious.  You had awesome boss fights in the Jak trilogy, ND, so why are you having so much trouble with boss fights in the Uncharted series?

- The over reliance on shooting in the last 5-6 chapters was really disappointing. I felt the rest of the game had excellent pacing and balance in terms of exploration, platforming and shooting. But the end is grating and tiring.

Like you'll clear a map where you fight the Na'vi (who are bullet sponge enemies...which suck) just after taking on 2-3 shotgun storm troopers, a mini gun dude, AND an assortment of grunts (who may or may NOT have rocket launchers!!). The end game would have been better to me if they spaced the fights out instead of having the player get tired of killing all of these guys.

- On that note, bullet sponge enemies ARE NOT FUN!!! Especially if they're BOSS FIGHTS.

- While I know ND wanted to go for realism when it comes to physics, it's not fun when an enemy shoots a rocket launcher at you, you're in cover, survive and the blast makes Nathan stumble back, giving the enemy the opportunity to mop you. I'd rather have zero physics than that. This is especially annoying on Crushing when enemies can kill you with 3 or so hits.

Honestly, aside from my note on the boss fights, these are just nitpicks.

I think it can now be said that Naughty Dog is at their best when they make sequels. Crash 2 was one of the best games on the playstation, Jak 2 is arguably one of the best 3d platformers I've played and now Uncharted 2 remains just as impressive.

Looking forward to Uncharted 3 a lot but I'd take Jak 4 first.

Should get the platinum trophy later today!
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #566 on: January 21, 2010, 11:20:23 AM »
Uncharted 2 has never had a large amount of people playing multiplayer.  It has always been hovering around 5,000-10,000 people from day one.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #567 on: January 21, 2010, 11:21:44 AM »
I heard the game had 20k+ when it came out and then MW2 and put a stop to that.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #568 on: January 21, 2010, 11:37:40 AM »
I heard the game had 20k+ when it came out and then MW2 and put a stop to that.

I don't remember ever seeing that many people on at one time.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #569 on: January 21, 2010, 11:38:32 AM »
Fighting Lazarvic on Crushing almost made me kill myself.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #570 on: January 22, 2010, 12:38:43 PM »

:P :P :P
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #571 on: February 28, 2010, 02:31:05 AM »
There's a level pack out with two more multiplayer stages from Uncharted 1.  Anyone going to get it?
ど助平

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #572 on: February 28, 2010, 12:02:15 PM »
people actually play uc2 multiplayer? sad!
duc

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
« Reply #573 on: February 28, 2010, 12:05:01 PM »
The only reason I tried out UC2 multiplayer was to fuck around with the camera. For some odd reason, I love doing that shit in games.  Other than that I've got no interest it UC2 multiplayer, just like I don't give a damn about Bioshock 2 multiplayer.

I wish you could fuck with the camera in the single player campaign.  Not sure why that's not there.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 12:06:48 PM by Hitler Stole My Potato »
Tacos

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
« Reply #574 on: February 28, 2010, 12:15:32 PM »

It's actually one of the best PS3 MP games and pretty fun too according to t3h internetz.

Then the internetz is wrong yet again.
Tacos

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #575 on: February 28, 2010, 12:20:45 PM »

It's actually one of the best PS3 MP games and pretty fun too according to t3h internetz.

the internet is fucking stupid
duc

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #576 on: February 28, 2010, 02:41:43 PM »

Had some fun playing with Bebpo and Himu before.

I agree on it being one of the best PS3 MP games.  I'd much rather play Uncharted 2 multi than Warhawk or Killzone 2.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #577 on: February 28, 2010, 02:48:31 PM »
we should play again sometime, lyte
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #578 on: February 28, 2010, 04:57:47 PM »
Yeah, UC2 multiplayer is a lot of fun.  It has its share of issues, but so do most multiplayer games.  Definitely one of the best multiplayer games on PS3.  The only other one I had a lot of fun with was Warhawk but Warhawk is very team based and not as satisfying on your own.  In UC2 you can do a lot of good in MP even without direct teamwork.

I'm down to play with you guys again.  Kinda tempted to get the map pack because the maps look cool, but I don't think I'd play it enough to justify $4.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 04:59:52 PM by Bebpo »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #579 on: March 03, 2010, 08:01:17 PM »
Yeah, UC2 multiplayer is a lot of fun.  It has its share of issues, but so do most multiplayer games.  Definitely one of the best multiplayer games on PS3.  The only other one I had a lot of fun with was Warhawk but Warhawk is very team based and not as satisfying on your own.  In UC2 you can do a lot of good in MP even without direct teamwork.

I'm down to play with you guys again.  Kinda tempted to get the map pack because the maps look cool, but I don't think I'd play it enough to justify $4.

Same here.  $4 is nothing though.  What I worry about is if I were to buy the map pack and then would be unable to play MP with people who didn't get it.
ど助平