Author Topic: hey shitfucks: BORECAST 26 HERE GET IT OR I WILL MAKE A POTTY INSIDE YOU  (Read 4975 times)

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
Borecast 26: Bad Holidays, Zune/iPod Games, A SHOCKING CONFESSION
direct download:  http://media.libsyn.com/media/borecast/Borecast26.mp3

Segment One:  Have a Holly-Jerkoff Christmas

Human sex, animal sex, vomiting, fistfights...it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!  Doug and Kevin talk about some of their worst holiday experiences.

Segment Two:  Touch Games, True Confessions, INDEFENSIBLE, Listener Comments

(32:54)  Zune and iPod Touch games/apps

(50:39)  One of us breaks weak, and makes a SHOCKING CONFESSION

(1:04:05)  INDEFENSIBLE - Doug's Desktop Commander!

(1:10:40)  Listener comments -  Wii touchback, brief console roundup, PC letdowns.

Talk to you all again on our special Thanksgiving blowout next Tuesday!

--

eel sez yer all homers
duc

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Re: hey shitfucks: BORECAST 26 HERE GET IT OR I WILL MAKE A POTTY INSIDE YOU
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 09:38:07 PM »
Sounds like shit
🍆🍆

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 09:38:47 PM »
:hyper
©ZH

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 09:39:03 PM »
Tell Eel to end his protest of THE BORE and I will sacrifice one poster of his choosing, as long as that poster is Polish.
PSP

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
duc

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 09:41:38 PM »
Tell Eel to end his protest of THE BORE and I will sacrifice one poster of his choosing, as long as that poster is Polish.

I'm not Polish but I nominate myself.  I hate all of you homosexuals anyway.
🍆🍆

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 09:43:17 PM »
Tell him if he stops protesting the Internet that I will purchase him a pony of his choosing.
PSP

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 09:43:38 PM »
Or a stud, IFYOUKNOWWHATIMEAN ;)
PSP

E-DuB

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 10:20:32 PM »
I am so behind on the BOREcast...I blame school. I will make it up to you guys somehow...just don't potty inside me

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 10:30:23 PM »
No Magna Carta 2? I'm not downloading this one.
©@©™

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 10:39:18 PM »
:smug
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 10:43:14 PM by T EXP »
🍆🍆

EvilBoris

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 11:15:18 PM »
 don't call me a shitfuck ok

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2009, 11:24:21 PM »
hey amazing lovers
duc

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2009, 02:14:57 AM »
HAHAHAHA PROLE BOUGHT A PSP GO

BOOOOO THIS MAN
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 02:17:38 AM »
Also, you guys are a hilarious bunch of butthurt bitches over MW2.
yar

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2009, 02:19:17 AM »

Please quote them, I would like to read this
fat

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2009, 02:21:09 AM »

Please quote them, I would like to read this

Oh, they're just verbally high fiving each other for not buying the game.  Eel said he almost bought the super deluxe edition just for the code for Classic Call of Duty and then would have sold the game.  :lol
yar

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2009, 02:27:07 AM »
lol
fat

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2009, 02:29:06 AM »
yer gonna hate the next episode, then! in it console peons are savaged by the elite pc overclass

:bow :bow fragamemnon, pcfag praetor :bow2 :bow2
duc

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2009, 02:59:27 AM »
I do have to say, though, that it was refreshing to hear you at least acknowledge WHY pc gaming has turned into a crapfest.  Sure you spread the crap around to everyone (justifiably so imo- this gen has been underwhelming for me too for the most part with the "industry leader" not trying and Sony's bumbling combined with MS' crappy hardware) but you were spot on- pc gaming has no one to blame but themselves.  And yes, even though graphically games will look better on the pc, for those of us not bringing in megabucks even a $500-700 difference between a console and a competent but unspectacular gaming pc/laptop is a prohibitive entry cost... to say nothing of the whole extra hassle that goes with a lot of pc games.
yar

Fragamemnon

• Excel 2008 GOTY
  • Icon
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2009, 04:25:34 AM »
PC gaming didn't have the growth rate needed in 1999-2000 or so to keep up with the way that budgets and team sizes were rising in that period. When the dot.bomb crash hit and all the free capital dried up, American and British developers needed a place to make more money, and found that console games sold pretty well and that there was an real desire and audience for PC-styled shooters, action games, and RPGs there that was undeserved in the PSX/N64 generation. A big enough audience, in fact, that they could break even or still make money on the much more expensive to develop games by developing console games alongside PC verions.

Then the 360 happened and the games got more even more expensive to make, and the hardware and platform were even more robust and easy to hook into. Build quality issues aside, the 360 was the first good platform for the kind of online gaming that was mainstream on the PC.

I don't think that the hardware vendors have helped any, but I don't hold them at fault either. The driving economics of the industry have been the reason why PC gaming has been eclipsed by console gaming over the last decade or so more than anything else. What's happening now would have happened even if Intel and Nvidia weren't raging distinguished mentally-challenged fellows half the time.

I don't think PC gaming is a crapfest though. I think that's a product of revising the history of the mid to late 1990s, mistaken bemoaning of lost genres,  and totally ignoring the virtues of the emergent trends in PC gaming-independent and smaller team development and continued strong European developer support. It's a strong, vibrant, unique platform that holds one key virtue over the others-the people who make games for it don't automatically assume their users are stupid.
hex

Fragamemnon

• Excel 2008 GOTY
  • Icon
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2009, 04:30:22 AM »
I'd love to discuss this topic some more on the podcast, but maybe in another episode. It's such an expansive topic that I would really want to take some time to get my notes in order and I don't think I could do it by the recording.
hex

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2009, 05:39:45 AM »
 :-X All you have to do is press a button during the game to recalibrate it. No biggie though
sad

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2009, 07:16:16 AM »
I listened to it:

Segment One - My worst Christmas story is that I worked about nine hours on Christmas day when I was 16.  My parents are workaholics and I accidentally let it slip that my job was looking for people to work Christmas shifts (this is a retailer) to straighten things up.  To not go meant dealing with a bunch of headache and drama I didn't feel like experiencing.  It was pretty much implied by my parents that I was going to work.  The shift was about 12:30p - 10:00p.  To make things worse, I had to be in the next day at 5:00a.  Couldn't even get a full eight hours of sleep; I got maybe five and a half hours.

Segment Two -

Prole's secret confession - All I have to say is :smug

iPhone / Zune HD - These things sound awesome but I'm going to try my hardest to avoid buying them as long as I can.  I still use a CD player I bought three years ago and I take good care of it to make sure it doesn't break.

This generation - I agree that it has mostly sucked.  I think that a lot of it has to do with the fact that, like it was said, every console had a significant flaw that kept it from PS2-like greatness.  I also don't like how expensive the generation turned out to be.  Tracking inflation, this is by far the most expensive generation.  Investing money in the three consoles like the last generation just isn't that logical, unless you are bad with money or are rich.  If there is one thing the Wii has done right is that the next generation is going to keep costs maintainable.  I hope we'll never see a major console launch above $249-299.  I don't think the Xbox 1080 and PS4 will be much more powerful than the 360 and PS3, but they'll have massive hard drives for online downloading and waggle crap if Natal and the wand don't crash and burn.

I don't PC game at all because I have no desire to tweak video settings, rushing out to get a video card so a game can run at 60 fps instead of 52 fps.  I tried getting into PC gaming several years back and the new PC I did get was able to play the latest and greatest with no problem but less than a year later, it was basically recommended to me I upgrade my RAM or get a new video card or something.  I stopped playing right then and there.  It's how WOW does so well: you don't need to fiddle around with your computer to get it to work - as long as your PC is a few years old or younger, you can probably play it.  I wouldn't mind playing some of the spreadsheet PC games but I don't want to deal with the headache of having to always be fiddling around with my computer.  If I can buy a top of the line rig and not have to do anything with it for a couple of years, that would work great.
🍆🍆

muckhole

• AMBASSADOR
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2009, 02:01:03 PM »
SHINY NEW TECH wins again. Poor Prole.
fek

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2009, 02:02:39 PM »
ME!

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2009, 02:15:41 PM »
It was just a blip during the show, but I also heard Prole mention that he bought C&C3 on console :rofl. Revoke his PC gamer card

Eel's 12 year old Christmas story was quite sad. Your dad sounds like an asshole, but to be fair I think those "man" weight sets are quite expensive.
jon

border

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2009, 03:53:54 PM »
The PSPGo thing is so completely inexplicable......it's clear that the product was not really intended for people that already have large UMD libraries, so I don't understand the point of slagging it off on those grounds (let alone buying it even though you know that your old games will be worthless).  The main irony is that the thing was no doubt purchased with a fucking mountain of used games, so it sounds like Drinky doesn't really care that much about amassing comprehensive libraries.

Some of that store credit could have gone towards buying PSN BUX cards so you could just re-purchase the games you will continue to play.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2009, 07:35:48 PM »
About Christmas anticipation, there really is no disappointment like faking that smile as you realize the present you've been given is not what you wanted. As you're on the cusp on adulthood you actually end up hating yourself for feeling that way.
:9

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2009, 07:47:24 PM »
It was just a blip during the show, but I also heard Prole mention that he bought C&C3 on console :rofl. Revoke his PC gamer card

Eel's 12 year old Christmas story was quite sad. Your dad sounds like an asshole, but to be fair I think those "man" weight sets are quite expensive.

Yeah Prole brags about PC gaming a lot but soon after I see him log on and play some sort of console variant.

I like to sit back with a warm cup of cocoa and dwell on the moment as I watch him. Feels good man.
fat

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2009, 08:40:41 PM »

Yeah Prole brags about PC gaming a lot but soon after I see him log on and play some sort of console variant.

I like to sit back with a warm cup of cocoa and dwell on the moment as I watch him. Feels good man.

:lol :lol :lol
yar

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2009, 08:58:55 PM »
The PSPGo thing is so completely inexplicable......it's clear that the product was not really intended for people that already have large UMD libraries, so I don't understand the point of slagging it off on those grounds (let alone buying it even though you know that your old games will be worthless).  The main irony is that the thing was no doubt purchased with a fucking mountain of used games, so it sounds like Drinky doesn't really care that much about amassing comprehensive libraries.

Some of that store credit could have gone towards buying PSN BUX cards so you could just re-purchase the games you will continue to play.

Like I said, the more Prole talks shit about something, the more likely he is to buy it.

The upside of having a six figure income I guess but I suspect he had similar habits before his current position.
🍆🍆

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2009, 09:03:32 PM »
i don't have any defense. i just like new gadgets, even if i don't ACTUALLY like them. this is 100% a case of a fool who had a bad day at work, wanted the endorphin rush of a new purchase, and was parted from his cash :'(
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2009, 09:05:08 PM »

my gamersocre shows just how much time i spend with filthy console games

:bow under 9K cheevos :bow2
duc

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2009, 09:11:26 PM »
cool story bro
fat

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2009, 09:13:23 PM »
i don't have any defense. i just like new gadgets, even if i don't ACTUALLY like them. this is 100% a case of a fool who had a bad day at work, wanted the endorphin rush of a new purchase, and was parted from his cash :'(

Send it to Borys.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
...don't send it to Borys.
[close]
yar

Fragamemnon

• Excel 2008 GOTY
  • Icon
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2009, 09:18:39 PM »

my gamersocre shows just how much time i spend with filthy console games

:bow under 9K cheevos :bow2

I pulled my gamercard out and found, to my shame, that I had 770 points, even though I've owned a 360 for two years.

That score, of course, is far too high. I go slumming too often!
hex

border

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2009, 09:22:27 PM »
It's a strong, vibrant, unique platform that holds one key virtue over the others-the people who make games for it don't automatically assume their users are stupid.

Sounds like you're turning into a little Miss Roberta Williams.   :teehee

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2009, 11:36:29 PM »

nice  :lol

Fragamemnon

• Excel 2008 GOTY
  • Icon
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2009, 01:44:26 AM »
It's a strong, vibrant, unique platform that holds one key virtue over the others-the people who make games for it don't automatically assume their users are stupid.

Sounds like you're turning into a little Miss Roberta Williams.   :teehee

On the contrary, that's not a condemnation of the players, but the people making the games. The actual audience out there is way more sophisticated than console game designers seem to give them credit for.
hex