Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1780484 times)

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
Corner Gas is great STFU!

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
Corner Gas?  :wtf
The acting will be better.

I only do neogaf/evilbore in-jokes.

M3wThr33

Did this console wars shit always exist? I never paid much attention to SRS video game discussion prior to this generation, and I still don't get the fanboy phenomenon at all

I fought the console fanboy wars before most of you whipper snappers were sucking on your mom's teats.

The real war is Atari vs Commodore. And it's ETERNAL!

My parents were on the Intellivision side. Once you compare...You'll know.

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
Corner Gas is an EB in-joke.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
Corner Gas is an EB in-joke.

White Man is the only Yank who's watched it.

M3wThr33

I saw it mentioned on torrent sites, but never downloaded.

Jansen

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=384198

"anyone else becoming a big fan of shitty developers?"

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
No love for Dark Cloud??
🍆🍆

etiolate

Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Her
« Reply #1148 on: January 06, 2010, 08:02:24 PM »
Most of the 360's software lineup is about as attractive to me as Carnival games. I doubt I'm alone in this. All the games are bleeding into each other, without any heart, identity or daring. It reminds me of the 90s when there was a gajillion X-men comics and spinoffs that were mindless action and horrible melodrama.

Wii Fit though is something totally different. It's the merging of videogame into lifestyle, but not the lazy gamer lifestyle. People who love it aren't exactly a part of the clubhouse mentality that permeates through comics, Sci-Fi and videogames. What it represents is something that goes back quite a ways, as Pong and Atari were public and social gatherings. Rock Band is this to a much larger extent, but Wii Fit works into this realm as well.

OptimoPeach

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=384198

"anyone else becoming a big fan of shitty developers?"
Dark Cloud was pretty sweet at least

edit: missed T EXP's post lolol
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 08:10:58 PM by OptimoPeach »
hi5

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Her
« Reply #1150 on: January 06, 2010, 08:11:40 PM »
Most of the 360's software lineup is about as attractive to me as Carnival games. I doubt I'm alone in this. All the games are bleeding into each other, without any heart, identity or daring. It reminds me of the 90s when there was a gajillion X-men comics and spinoffs that were mindless action and horrible melodrama.

Wii Fit though is something totally different. It's the merging of videogame into lifestyle, but not the lazy gamer lifestyle. People who love it aren't exactly a part of the clubhouse mentality that permeates through comics, Sci-Fi and videogames. What it represents is something that goes back quite a ways, as Pong and Atari were public and social gatherings. Rock Band is this to a much larger extent, but Wii Fit works into this realm as well.

Wii fit>360?
©ZH

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1151 on: January 06, 2010, 08:13:59 PM »

:rofl
PSP

etiolate

« Reply #1152 on: January 06, 2010, 08:14:48 PM »
It's sad I feel I should apologize for applying historical and critical thinking to videogames. I've been studying other medias that have had to prove their worth, and only Detective Fiction had the same phenomena of people within the fanbase wanting to hold the media back.

Powerslave

I agree with etoilet's first paragraph from that post.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
 :wtf

Third

• BODY TALK
Nintendosbooger changed his nickname?

M3wThr33

So Wii Fit is expanding the notion of videogames by simply turning them into exercise devices?  Don't think so.  

No. The medium is the design. Synergy brings a certain oneness to those who can harness what Nintendo envelops.

etiolate

« Reply #1157 on: January 06, 2010, 08:39:00 PM »
No, you aren't exactly getting it. Nobody is paying me to educate, but I feel I have to clarify.

Pong was introduced at bars. It was a social game and the heavily 15-30 male establishment hadn't been put in place yet. Women were actually seen at being somewhat better at the game at the time. The atmosphere we now live in with videogames wasn't there. Atari 2600 was advertised as a social, active, family event. The age and gender range depicted in early ads was greater than what videogames came to be in the late 90s. In the essence of play, there has often been a social, active atmosphere to it, but one defined by the magic circle of play. Physical activity within play exists from before videogames, then is a part of videogames in arcade machines, moves on to things like US Track n Field and DDR, and now with Wii Fit.

So, the point is, that Wii Fit is no new gimmick. It's just part of a pre-existing lineage that was forgotten as games moved into the clubhouse mentality. (If you want me to go over that 'clubhouse' menaltiy, the idea of comic shops, D&D dens and boys playrooms, then I can as well.) The thing is that Wii Fit users and buyers aren't being sold a gimmick. They are getting what they want and its something totally different than Prototype. It is a game that works within a pre-existing social atmosphere. Rock Band as well works into this, as does Guitar Hero. These are games you can play in front of others and it invites them into the magic circle of play. If you plop down Prototype in the middle of a party then people will find it an isolating experience, and the party moves on outside of it. Active, social games avoid this by being not just spectacles on screen but spectacles in how they are played. It's the very difference between watching someone play a digital simulation of tag on a TV that has only one interface versus seeing people on the playground playing tag in an open space.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1158 on: January 06, 2010, 08:41:18 PM »
 :lol :lol :lol
PSP

etiolate

« Reply #1159 on: January 06, 2010, 08:46:43 PM »
There is also the fact that it fits certain lifestyles better. The lifestyles that have less time to play, or are those looking to be more active but are interested in the idea of making a game of it, but this too harkens back to playground recess exercise. It's just a higher tech, adult version.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 08:58:32 PM by etiolate »

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1160 on: January 06, 2010, 08:49:30 PM »
Oh shit. :lol
PSP

Fresh Prince

Wii Remote, illustrates etiolate's point from anecdotal experience but the Wii Board doesn't.

Crushed

• i am terrified by skellybones
LEPER EVERYONE
wtc

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
The wii is shit, shitty remote included. and lol at wii fit, join a real gym fatass.
Drunk

CrystalGemini

« Reply #1164 on: January 06, 2010, 09:25:52 PM »
Or you can just go outside and exercise, fatass. :dur
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 09:27:30 PM by CrystalGemini »
O_O

Fresh Prince

People who go to the gym, go to be seen at the gym. You can lose weight by not going to the gym. But to gain muscle then you need to gym.

Stating the obvious but whatever.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
Being outside will not make you lose weight.  I have a picture as proof!

CrystalGemini

« Reply #1167 on: January 06, 2010, 09:30:33 PM »
People who go to the gym, go to be seen at the gym. You can lose weight by not going to the gym. But to gain muscle then you need to gym.

You can build quite a bit of muscle just by running.  There is no need for a gym though I completely agree with your statement about people going to gyms to be seen at the gym.

Being outside will not make you lose weight.  I have a picture as proof!

Oh, Arvie...  :lol :-\
O_O

Fresh Prince

Dodgeball is not a sport.

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
if you are a man then you need a gym to build up real muscle, running will just get rid of the fat.
Drunk

CrystalGemini

« Reply #1170 on: January 06, 2010, 09:41:36 PM »
[youtube=560,345]GQqkQKde_kU[/youtube]
O_O

etiolate

« Reply #1171 on: January 06, 2010, 09:41:41 PM »

why you be hatin'

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

I think it counts as a sport if you're a compsci major though. 

etiolate

dodgeball vs discgolf

who wins official sport of the compsci major?

Fresh Prince

« Reply #1174 on: January 06, 2010, 09:48:21 PM »
why you be hatin'
Wii Dodgeball will be the pong of this decade. Believe you me.

wtf there's already a game  :lol

etiolate

« Reply #1175 on: January 06, 2010, 09:49:48 PM »
But Cohen said Pong was a short lived novelty electronic device, how can you even remember it!

edit: ohshi not only does it exist

http://wii.gamezone.com/gamesell/p33483.htm

ITS PIRATES VS NINJAS
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 09:51:39 PM by etiolate »

Fresh Prince

[youtube=560,345]HvyJanDZSII[/youtube]

3:14 look at the grass andlook at flav, this dumb bitch couldnt figure out how to edit it to slow motion so his dumb ass fucking walked slow
:lol

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
looks like Sony will be making SD cards now?

I guess Sony just found the party  :lol

drew

• sy
flavor flav sounds like on of those people that cant talk without one of those things pressed up against their neck :lol

GilloD

• TAKE THE LIFE OF FRED ASTAIRE. MAKE HIM PAY. TRANSFER HIS FAME TO YOU.
In Korea, arcades are still very gender neutral. A lot of couples go to play together, or a guy will play one game while girlfriend plays the one right next to it. I was reallu surprised to see how much of a social thing it is given that US arcades are NERD DENS
wha

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1180 on: January 06, 2010, 11:28:32 PM »
But Cohen said Pong was a short lived novelty electronic device, how can you even remember it!

edit: ohshi not only does it exist

http://wii.gamezone.com/gamesell/p33483.htm

ITS PIRATES VS NINJAS

This is on XBLA. Nice to know Wii gets table scraps though
fat

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #1181 on: January 06, 2010, 11:34:29 PM »
It's sad I feel I should apologize for applying historical and critical thinking to videogames. I've been studying other medias that have had to prove their worth, and only Detective Fiction had the same phenomena of people within the fanbase wanting to hold the media back.

nicca, u dum

try super hero comics

Tonya

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
The following post, "I have 69 messages" by BrandNew has been reported by Arbys Roast Beef Sandwich on a board you moderate:

http://www.evilbore.com/forum/index.php?topic=33002.msg1012581#msg1012581

The reporter has made the following comment:
gay

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
 :lol :lol :lol

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー

Or they are like me and go to look at ass :pimp
^_^

BobFromPikeCreek

[youtube=560,345]HvyJanDZSII[/youtube]

3:14 look at the grass andlook at flav, this dumb bitch couldnt figure out how to edit it to slow motion so his dumb ass fucking walked slow

Oh god whyyyyyy? :-X
zzzzz

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

Or they are like me and go to look at ass :pimp

Lots of hot guys at your gym then?

Crushed

seems like gaf clearly knows what the best multiplayer game of 2000-2009 is

Quote from: -viper-
Easy. Killzone 2. Best console FPS I have ever played and probably the best multiplayer experience too.
Quote from: kenta
For me, it's BF42, Warhawk and Killzone 2. I'm not much of a multiplayer person but those games really grabbed me
Quote from: cryptic
Killzone 2
Warhawk
Quote from: FFObsessed
KZ2 is my favorite ever, so that.

amazing. wrap it up diablo, team fortress, unreal tournament, call of duty, tribes 2, left 4 dead, and battlefield. killzone 2 is here to stay.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 01:41:36 AM by Crushed »
wtc

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #1188 on: January 07, 2010, 01:49:41 AM »
Battlefield 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  Tactical water balloon battles with Father Mike >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Killzone 2
:9

Crushed

god, just think about all the mmos, the online rpgs, the fighting games, the strategy games, racing, sports, even mindless party stuff.

how do you look back on the decade of multiplayer and see killzone 2 as the pinnacle. i. i what huh shit fuck uhwwwwwwwwuuuuuuuh
wtc

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
It's a real subjective thing though. If you run around with a great community of players (or friends) it can make even the most mediocre FPS seem like hot shit (hi, Shadowrun). Especially if you are a Sony/Ninty-only console fanboy that would have limited experiences with online play on other platforms.

I'm not gonna pretend like Day of Defeat was the greatest FPS ever, but it was the most fun I have had in any game this past decade. 90% of that was because it was my first FPS addiction and it had a terrific community.

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
KZ2 is an awesome single player FPS if you can get used to the controls, and if you like killing lots of battle adept enemies. MP had some really cool ideas and I liked the beta, but I didn't play that mode much in the retail version. All I remember was that the assault class felt ridiculously overpowered, and that combined with the lack of friendly fire on matches, it made for a bit of a mess. Rocket launchers and grenade launchers can take a hike, and that goes for every multiplayer FPS other than the classics.

Also, the lag was still there, which made every other kill a murder-suicide. Not sure if they ever fixed that.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 02:16:30 AM by duckman2000 »

ToxicAdam

[youtube=560,345]TmAhThLJuTk [/youtube]

Classic R&B sound, pretty girl.

[youtube=560,345]BRu6L2WnwTk [/youtube]

God damn, I want a robot.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 03:49:27 AM by ToxicAdam »

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
 :-X

ToxicAdam

[youtube=560,345]HmJbJs-9ST0  [/youtube]

My new favorite rapper.

Fresh Prince

You're now chatting with a random stranger. Say hi!
You: hey ya
Stranger: ya 你妹
You: I want you in my caddy
Stranger: fuck u
You: oh don't be like that - have some fun
Stranger: do
Stranger: you like play wow
Stranger: ?
You: no, I stay away from mmos
Stranger: yout english is so pour hha
You: yes but I can spell
Stranger: you are chinese?
You: indian
Stranger: oh
Stranger: m or f?
You: m
Stranger: nice
Stranger:  give me your photo 
Stranger: okey?
You: why?
Stranger: wxchuxiangjie@myce.net.cn
Stranger: i like you
You: are you a female?
Stranger: Nude
Stranger: yep
You: I'm gay so I'm not interested.
Stranger: oh
Stranger: 88
Your conversational partner has disconnected.
omegle can still be fun

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1196 on: January 07, 2010, 09:28:27 AM »
Battlefield 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  Tactical water balloon battles with Father Mike

But does Battlefield 2 get you wet?  :-*

cool breeze

Killzone 2 multiplayer was fun, there were just a lot of better games to play online.  I remember my impressions for KZ2 multiplayer were "I can't wait for the next Call of Duty".  I did really like how you would play one long match with several rounds.  Without booting to another menu or w/e, the game would switch from team deathmatch to CTF on the fly.  Both that and what Brink is doing (and MAG, but Brink seems to do it better) by letting you choose various missions within a battle are cool.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
[youtube=560,345]HmJbJs-9ST0  [/youtube]

My new favorite rapper.

That's because you aren't listening to Dirty Nasty.

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #1199 on: January 07, 2010, 11:37:02 AM »
Battlefield 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  Tactical water balloon battles with Father Mike >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Killzone 2

Battlefield 2 :rock
nat