Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1780537 times)

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
http://www.themoviespoiler.com/Spoilers/bookofeli.html

There, you don't have to pay money to watch the pile of shit.
CBG

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Her
« Reply #1861 on: January 16, 2010, 07:02:26 PM »
It's the #1 film in America, who doesn't want to see it?
PSP

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
'Willco you stole that idea from me. That was my idea, fuck you, you Jew.'
-Green Shinobi, too many things to say here.

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19323118&postcount=319
but I don't really see those as plotholes, more genre quirks.

:lol :lol :lol

BobFromPikeCreek

That nose is distracting.
zzzzz

Fresh Prince

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Her
« Reply #1867 on: January 16, 2010, 07:26:09 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19323118&postcount=319
but I don't really see those as plotholes, more genre quirks.

:lol :lol :lol

:lol

I am going to use that to deflect all criticism from now on. They're not plot holes, they're genre quirks!

That other post is just pathetic. Someone castrate that guy.
PSP

T234

• Canadian Legal Expert and Hillballer
Fuck this Gary Whitta talk. More latex chicks!
UK

Flannel Boy

• Icon

BobFromPikeCreek

Fuck this Gary Whitta talk. More latex chicks!

Yes. I was hoping bud would post more.
zzzzz

cool breeze

let me just point out this post first:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19320403&postcount=267
In my second viewing. Cant wait for it to start!

this guy is the creepiest

Flannel Boy

• Icon
There sure are a lot of "Community" avatars on GAF, but i like this one:

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
That's true, he does deserve some credit for bringing James Cameron back down to Earth. We will all know the answer to the Trivial Pursuit question, "What was the name of the film that finally knocked Avatar out of first place in the US box-office?"

Lost in Space knocked out Titanic.

Book of Eli knocked out Avatar.

Lost in Space was the better of the two. Both had Gary Oldman.
CBG

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
There sure are a lot of "Community" avatars on GAF, but i like this one: (Image removed from quote.)

It's interesting that they latch onto Community Alison Brie but not Mad Men Alison Brie.  I guess one personality type is more endearing than the other.

Edit: I like that as well.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 09:01:16 PM by T EXP »
🍆🍆

Fresh Prince

But the Mad Men Alsion Brie has that conservative front, sex kitten in the back thing. In that negligee :drool

Flannel Boy

• Icon
Well, her character on Mad Men, Trudy Campbell, is an annoying stepford-wife. But it's hard to notice her when she has a bit part and she's competing with both Christina Hendricks and January Jones, each of whom receives significantly more screen time.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 09:09:00 PM by Harry Lime »

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1877 on: January 16, 2010, 09:03:26 PM »
I don't watch Community or Mad Men, so tell me why I should care about this broad?
PSP

Flannel Boy

• Icon
First tell me why I should care whether you care.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1879 on: January 16, 2010, 09:05:51 PM »
Because your personal self worth hinges on my appreciation of things you like.
PSP

Flannel Boy

• Icon
But I don't really like her and I don't have any self-worth.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1881 on: January 16, 2010, 09:07:50 PM »
Then it is a sad day for Malek J. Lumberjack Jr.
PSP

Flannel Boy

• Icon
change my name to Malek J. Lumberjack Jr.

Fresh Prince

Change my name to: I no longer identify with 'Fresh Prince', I am now Will Smith.

Thanks

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
But the Mad Men Alsion Brie has that conservative front, sex kitten in the back thing. In that negligee :drool

PROOF

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Despite saying I'd wait for the DVD, I went to see Book of Eli tonight since my brother wanted to go. It was...watchable. The best thing about it was Denzel Washington, who lent the whole affair some credibility, Gary Oldman mostly chewed on the scenery [not that there's anything wrong with that]. The post-apocalyptic world was superbly realized and looked fantastic, although a lot of it was a bit too "I've seen this before" like the cannibal family and the bandit trap. One scene in particular was almost a carbon copy of the scene from Road Warrior where the two people get caught by the Humongous's gang and killed, the one where Mel Gibson watches from the top of the hill. The three action scenes were pretty cool but lasted about ten seconds as Denzel quickly dispatched of 4-5 bandits and then 8-10 bar patrons. The shootout near the end was pretty good, but is mainly just a frenetic shot from halfway between the two parties as they shot at each other with hundreds of bullets. Somehow Denzel and the woman don't get hit despite a ton of bullets going all the way through the house and they're just standing up against the wall beside a window. And the ending was just...out of nowhere. Suddenly there's this secret base at Alcatraz where the sum total of human culture and art and history is being stored. Also, Eli's blind and his bible was in grail. Just way too many things that were never mentioned anywhere else in the movie and just served to tie up all the loose ends left from the rest of the movie.

Watchable, but it's not great and it doesn't really tread any new ground.
dog

Fresh Prince

PROOF
Google Trudy Nightie first link, too large, too dark as well. Though the caption is quite true. Peggy Olson  :yuck

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1887 on: January 16, 2010, 09:47:58 PM »
Despite saying I'd wait for the DVD, I went to see Book of Eli tonight since my brother wanted to go. It was...watchable. The best thing about it was Denzel Washington, who lent the whole affair some credibility, Gary Oldman mostly chewed on the scenery [not that there's anything wrong with that]. The post-apocalyptic world was superbly realized and looked fantastic, although a lot of it was a bit too "I've seen this before" like the cannibal family and the bandit trap. One scene in particular was almost a carbon copy of the scene from Road Warrior where the two people get caught by the Humongous's gang and killed, the one where Mel Gibson watches from the top of the hill. The three action scenes were pretty cool but lasted about ten seconds as Denzel quickly dispatched of 4-5 bandits and then 8-10 bar patrons. The shootout near the end was pretty good, but is mainly just a frenetic shot from halfway between the two parties as they shot at each other with hundreds of bullets. Somehow Denzel and the woman don't get hit despite a ton of bullets going all the way through the house and they're just standing up against the wall beside a window. And the ending was just...out of nowhere. Suddenly there's this secret base at Alcatraz where the sum total of human culture and art and history is being stored. Also, Eli's blind and his bible was in grail. Just way too many things that were never mentioned anywhere else in the movie and just served to tie up all the loose ends left from the rest of the movie.

Wow, and he liked AVATAR, so you know it's not very good.
PSP

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1888 on: January 16, 2010, 09:48:52 PM »

Wow, and he liked AVATAR, so you know it's not very good.

I'd put it about on the same level as Terminator: Salvation. It's better than that post-apocalyptic Resident Evil movie anyway.
dog

Fresh Prince

So in essence everything was good except the story? :teehee

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
I always thought she was underrated on Mad Men, but now she's overrated!
AMC

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1891 on: January 16, 2010, 09:52:52 PM »
I'd put it about on the same level as Terminator: Salvation. It's better than that post-apocalyptic Resident Evil movie anyway.

I thought Salvation was pretty stupid. Saying it's better than any Resident Evil flick is also not high praise.
PSP

Fresh Prince

Because of Community. not Mad Men!

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
So in essence everything was good except the story? :teehee

Bingo.

Ending was pretty bad because it just throws a bunch of stuff at you. Some scenes in the wasteland were too same-y, Gary Oldman's city is not unlike Barter Town [only not as cool]. A number of plot holes or plot oversights. A lack of logic in some scenes. Some stuff that just isn't explained [like how Eli got away from Gary Oldman's house without being spotted or where the base on Alcatraz came from]. Most of the dialogue was decent, some of it was kinda...meh. So, yeah, the Hughes brothers and Denzel Washington are what made this movie work, not Gary Whitta.

I thought Salvation was pretty stupid. Saying it's better than any Resident Evil flick is also not high praise.

It wasn't really meant to be.
dog

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #1894 on: January 16, 2010, 10:08:44 PM »
There are people defending Mario is Missing in this thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?s=add56e7e49c484a46665b9a868de4576&t=384985

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #1895 on: January 16, 2010, 10:10:24 PM »

PROOF
Google Trudy Nightie first link, too large, too dark as well. Though the caption is quite true. Peggy Olson  :yuck

Pervert.

Fresh Prince

:(

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
That's true, he does deserve some credit for bringing James Cameron back down to Earth. We will all know the answer to the Trivial Pursuit question, "What was the name of the film that finally knocked Avatar out of first place in the US box-office?"

Lost in Space knocked out Titanic.

Book of Eli knocked out Avatar.

Lost in Space was the better of the two. Both had Gary Oldman.

Estimates put Avatar at $50 million for the MLK weekend and Book of Eli at $35 million, even though the latter made more on Friday.
dog

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Dance, Billy. Dance.
« Reply #1898 on: January 16, 2010, 10:56:11 PM »
[youtube=560,345]fR0j7sModCI[/youtube]

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
I actually like that song a lot. It was always weird to me how he got so much shit for that video, but guys like Boy George, Wham-era George Michael were huge stars. Then a few years later every single rocker on Mtv was wearing mascara and teased out, hairsprayed hair.

The whole decade is strange, society was notoriously homophobic yet many of the pop stars dressed like women.

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #1900 on: January 16, 2010, 11:34:50 PM »
:nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[youtube=560,345]KRpgyCrcThg[/youtube]
[close]
:nsfw

oh my god

1:21 oh my god

JESUS. FUCKING. CHRIST. :drool
SRY

M3wThr33

« Reply #1901 on: January 17, 2010, 12:03:49 AM »

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?s=add56e7e49c484a46665b9a868de4576&t=384985

Oh god. I remember trying to play that piece of shit on the SNES and suffered through it just because I could play as Luigi. What a pile of bull dookie.

But yeah, Mega Man Soccer is awesome. Probably best replacing that with Bomberman Zero. I used to feel bad for the one shill on Gaf who worked for Hudson at the time, but then he went and murdered his whole family, so I don't anymore.

Donono

[youtube=560,345]sAHp5lv4RQo[/youtube]

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
[youtube=560,345]nuMaxhOGv24[/youtube]

archie4208

« Reply #1904 on: January 17, 2010, 12:53:27 AM »

Oh god. I remember trying to play that piece of shit on the SNES and suffered through it just because I could play as Luigi. What a pile of bull dookie.

But yeah, Mega Man Soccer is awesome. Probably best replacing that with Bomberman Zero. I used to feel bad for the one shill on Gaf who worked for Hudson at the time, but then he went and murdered his whole family, so I don't anymore.

What?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Uh... thats a pretty lame thing to say mewthree.
fat

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
this nfan knows all  :lol

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19326924&postcount=1982

ah the tears, so entertaining.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
^ efralope has always been on the nintendo side... PTGrevious > all
fat

DJ_Tet

« Reply #1908 on: January 17, 2010, 01:24:51 AM »
Wait, is The Book of Eli like really bad or just mediocre?

If you haven't seen it yet there's still time for you to tell us :smug
TIT

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1909 on: January 17, 2010, 01:25:35 AM »
Nobody sent me passes or anything, and I don't want to spend money on movies!
PSP

DJ_Tet

Yeah, me neither.

*fires up GrabIt*
TIT

ManaByte

What?

deamentia on GAF. Used to work for Hudson (and IGN a long time ago) shot and killed himself and his wife a year ago this past Tuesday.
CBG

archie4208

Did anyone at GAF try to rationalize his murder because he was a poster there? lol

ManaByte

I knew him. He was a mellow guy but was put on Prozac right before he did it as he found out his wife was fucking two other guys. Fingercuffs.
CBG

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #1914 on: January 17, 2010, 02:14:29 AM »
I knew him. He was a mellow guy but was put on Prozac right before he did it as he found out his wife was fucking two other guys. Fingercuffs.

I really wish people would stop acting like an affair is worse than genocide for fuck's sake. Wow, people get tired of fucking the same person, no shit? Same shit made Ian Curtis fuck himself off :'(
SRY

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace

if true then holy crap

no wonder he cracked

Fresh Prince

if true then holy crap

no wonder he cracked

I really wish people would stop acting like an affair is worse than genocide for fuck's sake. Wow, people get tired of fucking the same person, no shit? Same shit made Ian Curtis fuck himself off :'(

A little from column A, a little from column B....

omg at :58-:2.00 :lol

amazing, major lazer :bow2

he lays her down and takes off his shirt and jumps off the table.  :lol
it's like a scene for scene reenactment of the video
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 02:42:33 AM by BamYouHaveAids »
orl

Purple Filth

omg at :58-:2.00 :lol

amazing, major lazer :bow2

he lays her down and takes off his shirt and jumps off the table.  :lol
it's like a scene for scene reenactment of the video

impressive but still doesn't have enough feeling.

still funny as hell though  :lol

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.