Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1780505 times)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
I just watched Garden State, and now I have a 5 GB Natalie Portman pic folder too!
©@©™

Himu

Community Allison Brie > Mad Men Allison Brie
IYKYK

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
I knew him. He was a mellow guy but was put on Prozac right before he did it as he found out his wife was fucking two other guys. Fingercuffs.

Oh noes! Prozac! SSRIs actually reduce suicide risk in adults.

he did it as he found out his wife was fucking two other guys. Fingercuffs.

Estranged wife.

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
Boo

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
1    1    Avatar    Fox    $41,300,000
2    N    The Book of Eli    WB    $31,615,000

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

Gary Whitta destroyed, James Cameron still King of the World.
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
With the foreign totals for the weekend, Avatar is now up to $1.6 billion worldwide.
dog

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
looks like it
nat

Himu

Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Her
« Reply #1928 on: January 17, 2010, 01:43:33 PM »
With the foreign totals for the weekend, Avatar is now up to $1.6 billion worldwide.

Ahahahaha

Willco and Phoenix Dark to commit seppuku.
IYKYK

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Her
« Reply #1929 on: January 17, 2010, 01:54:17 PM »
Why would I commit seppuku? I didn't think it'd do that well, but I certainly don't care. I know people that worked on it, good for them. I wouldn't actively root for it to fail.

Besides, I think Maurice has become an Avatard after seeing it.
PSP

Himu

Haha.

Maurice.

You dumb fuck.
IYKYK

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #1931 on: January 17, 2010, 02:13:47 PM »
At least Titanic had a sort of class, the fact that Avatar is well on its way to becoming number one in the world-wide box office is fucking sad. We have a whole generation of furries ready to come out when they grow up now.
SRY

Himu

« Reply #1932 on: January 17, 2010, 02:18:17 PM »
At least Titanic had a sort of class, the fact that Avatar is well on its way to becoming number one in the world-wide box office is fucking sad. We have a whole generation of furries ready to come out when they grow up now.

Why is that sad and why is Titanic any better?
IYKYK

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #1933 on: January 17, 2010, 02:20:15 PM »

Why is that sad and why is Titanic any better?

It's sad because...fuck it, I don't even really care. And Titanic isn't any better :maf
SRY

cool breeze

Avatar is anti-furry.  You have two sets of humans in the movie: furries, that all suck, and bad guys, who are fucking awesome.  Quaritch :bow2

Beezy

omg at :58-:2.00 :lol

amazing, major lazer :bow2

he lays her down and takes off his shirt and jumps off the table.  :lol
it's like a scene for scene reenactment of the video
That dude is fucking crazy. :lol

Himu

« Reply #1936 on: January 17, 2010, 02:59:02 PM »
Avatar is anti-furry.  You have two sets of humans in the movie: furries, that all suck, and bad guys, who are fucking awesome.  Quaritch :bow2

The blue people aren't that bad. They have interesting culture and stuff. The bad guys rock.

The part where he jumps off the ship as it EXPLODES in that mech made me cream my pants both times I saw the movie. Fuck, such an awesome scene.
IYKYK

Flannel Boy

• Icon
[youtube=560,345]X6BXWc0B4gQ[/youtube]

:rofl

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
That's the most stupidest shit ever. It's like Whitta wrote it.

Flannel Boy

• Icon

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
:9

Fresh Prince

The worst part is how he travels a few kilometers in the space of 45 seconds.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1942 on: January 17, 2010, 04:30:50 PM »
Why would I commit seppuku? I didn't think it'd do that well, but I certainly don't care. I know people that worked on it, good for them. I wouldn't actively root for it to fail.

Besides, I think Maurice has become an Avatard after seeing it.

I'm celebrating MLK Day by seeing Avatar tomorrow. Join me Willco

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Speaking of which:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19331561&postcount=405

lol

Also lol @ at the dude that said he had to watch it again after seeing the twist, which was as big as Sixth Sense.
©@©™

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1944 on: January 17, 2010, 05:08:12 PM »
I am celebrating tomorrow because it's my birthday, and my birthday wish is to never see Avatar.
PSP

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
Speaking of which:

lol

Also lol @ at the dude that said he had to watch it again after seeing the twist, which was as big as Sixth Sense.

Isn't the twist that eli is blind and that the book is the bible or some shit like that? I read that on /tv/ last week.
Drunk

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
Stop spoiling shit.
Boo

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #1947 on: January 17, 2010, 05:54:43 PM »
nm  :lol

BobFromPikeCreek

I like that defending drunk driving didn't get lsslave banned, but unmarked Eli spoilers did.
zzzzz

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
I thought it was implied that the book was the Bible all this time? Seriously.
AMC

Fresh Prince

I thought it was implied that the book was the Bible all this time? Seriously.
There was a Johnny Quest episode where they were hunting down this cult leader with this 'bible' with the words of God he always clutched onto. Any way at the end of the episode you see that it was really his family photo album that the CIA let die. Quite poignant for a children's cartoon. That would've been a better ending. 

Green Shinobi

So apparently Billy Corgan from the Smashing Pumpkins is REALLY good at guitar.

I had no idea. I always thought he was like a slightly more skilled version of Kurt Cobain. But check out this video. It's mindless shredding for sure, but it shows that a huge degree of technical skill is there.

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

I wonder what other guitarists are actually way better than their albums would indicate.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Speaking of which:

lol

Isn't the twist that eli is blind and that the book is the bible or some shit like that? I read that on /tv/ last week.

You know it's a Bible from early on, but the twist is that he's blind and the Bible is in braille. So then you're supposed to be like "OMG, HE WAS BLIND THE WHOLE TIME, NOW I GET WHY HE "SMELLED" THE BAD GUYS COMING THAT ONE TIME IT ALL MAKES SENSE!!! Nevermind the fact that he has perfect aim with a bow & arrow (kills a cat and a bird from hundreds of feet of away in one shot) a shotgun, a pistol, and a knife. He never stumbles or has to feel his way around in strange places, he always goes straight to where he needs to be, reaches right from the door handle or door bell when he goes to open a door, basically does everything a sighted person does, and we're supposed to buy it because of his super-human sense of smell and hearing and/or protection from God.

I don't get how can you be surprised or blown-away by a twist ending when there's a literal Deus Ex Machina? The twist could have just as easily have been he was a cyborg from the future that's why he couldn't die and had crazy reflexes, and that the Bible was on a USB flash drive.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 06:20:28 PM by Joe Molotov® EDGE™ »
©@©™

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
So apparently Billy Corgan from the Smashing Pumpkins is REALLY good at guitar.

I had no idea. I always thought he was like a slightly more skilled version of Kurt Cobain. But check out this video. It's mindless shredding for sure, but it shows that a huge degree of technical skill is there.

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

I wonder what other guitarists are actually way better than their albums would indicate.

I've heard Billy Joe from Green Day is actually quite good, never heard anything to substantiate that though
___

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Is spoiling recent movies in a general "outside links" thread OK now? Or are all these fake spoilers?

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
I like that defending drunk driving didn't get lsslave banned, but unmarked Eli spoilers did.

Evilore full on unmark-spoiled everything, the first time I'd seen it spoilered anywhere.
___

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1956 on: January 17, 2010, 06:25:35 PM »
We've never really had a ban policy in place for spoilers, but feel free to mock and publicly humiliate folks that ruin the film for you.
PSP

Crushed

• i am terrified by skellybones
yeah i just looked up the plot to this movie and are you fucking kidding me.

Magical Negro/Superpowered Blind Person saves the day with Jesus power after apparently the Bible was "targeted" to be destroyed during a world war involving nuclear weapons and so now there's only one Bible left on Earth just 30 years from now, yes, just one of the most printed literature in human history will be gone and the only copy left will be some braille version in north america.
wtc

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Is spoiling recent movies in a general "outside links" thread OK now? Or are all these fake spoilers?

If you're watching Book of Eli for the plot, then the movie's already been ruined for you by Gary Whitta.
©@©™

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1959 on: January 17, 2010, 06:34:26 PM »

Magical Negro/Superpowered Blind Person saves the day with Jesus power after apparently the Bible was "targeted" to be destroyed during a world war involving nuclear weapons and so now there's only one Bible left on Earth just 30 years from now, yes, just one of the most printed literature in human history will be gone and the only copy left will be some braille version in north america.

Patel said the same exact thing to me over IM.
PSP

BobFromPikeCreek

Genre quirk.
zzzzz

Crushed

so there's a guy who's got a library full of holy books that god told eli to go give the bible to

i bet every week that guy's meeting people who show up without a book and say, "tha's all right... I gots it... right here..." *taps head, gives knowing smile*
wtc

Fresh Prince

But it sort of is. Most gaffers were expecting a smart sci-fi action flick instead they got standard blockbuster fare.  

BobFromPikeCreek

But it sort of is. Most gaffers were expecting a smart sci-fi action flick instead they got standard blockbuster fare.  

Except, from the reviews I've read, it's not even a good action/blockbuster movie.
zzzzz

chronovore

• relapsed dev

If you're watching Book of Eli for the plot, then the movie's already been ruined for you by Gary Whitta.
:lol

The truth is, with the Japanese theatrical release schedule being what it is, there are movies which have been out on DVD for a year in the USA which still haven't launched here in theaters. On the upside, I have a chance to see Coraline in 3D starting next month.  :-\

Fresh Prince

Except, from the reviews I've read, it's not even a good action/blockbuster movie.
Meh, people had expectations because 'one of them' was involved in the process.

I was going to 'unreasonable' in front of expectations but from the reviews it seems the movie doesn't even make it that far like you say. 
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 06:47:12 PM by Fresh Prince »

Crushed

*genghis cohen shows up in hobo clothes*

"Got me a Pocket Wine Guide, printed the year of the war... Oh, I don't have it on paper... but something even better... get some paper out and listen up, we've got work to do."
wtc

cool breeze

Yeah wtf is that about  :lol

Marathon Pro + Lightweight Pro + Commando Pro

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

Gary Whitta
Gary Whitta
Gary Whitta
Gary Whitta
dog

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #1969 on: January 17, 2010, 07:37:00 PM »
gaf poster / writer of "The Book of Eli" 

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon

Yeah wtf is that about  :lol

Marathon Pro + Lightweight Pro + Commando Pro

nice :lol
AMC

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
gaf poster / writer of "The Book of Eli" 

I'm not sure whether I should be grateful or offended for being taken seriously.

Grateful

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Gervais is killing the Golden Globes!  :lol
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Meh, people had expectations because 'one of them' was involved in the process.

I was going to 'unreasonable' in front of expectations but from the reviews it seems the movie doesn't even make it that far like you say. 

I don't care about Gary Whitta, I just went to see it because I like post-apocalyptic crap and because the trailers looked pretty cool, but it's really just not that good.
©@©™

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1974 on: January 17, 2010, 08:23:48 PM »
Not what I heard. Gary sent me this e-mail to inquire about any potential stalkers after he received this PM.

Quote from: Joe Molotov® EDGE™
Dear Gary, (oh shit there’s stickers)

I feel like I can call you Gary because you and me are so much alike. I would love to meet you someday, it would be great to play catch. I know I can’t throw as fast as you, but I think you would be impressed with my speed. I love your hair. You run fast. Did you have a good relationship with your father? Me neither. These are all things we can talk about, and more. I know you have not been getting my letters because I know you would write back if you did. And I hope you write back this time and we get to be good friends. I am sure our relationship would be a real home run.
PSP

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Gary said me and him were down low. I'm just trying to kick it with a dude, yo. I ain't trying to marry one.
©@©™

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
I have no interest in this movie but I still think Gary should get some props for where he is today.
🍆🍆

Fresh Prince

He'll do alright and he'll get further work. Hopefully all the vitriol at him makes him write a better script next time.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1978 on: January 17, 2010, 09:25:43 PM »
[youtube=560,345]nuMaxhOGv24[/youtube]
 :lol
omg at :58-:2.00 :lol
amazing, major lazer :bow2
he lays her down and takes off his shirt and jumps off the table.  :lol
it's like a scene for scene reenactment of the video
It would suck if her boyfriend was in the crowd.

wait wtf.....he just leaves with her halfway through.

The blue people aren't that bad. They have interesting culture and stuff. The bad guys rock.
The part where he jumps off the ship as it EXPLODES in that mech made me cream my pants both times I saw the movie. Fuck, such an awesome scene.
uh..lol.

Fresh Prince

At first I thought she was a plant but they don't really synch so I expect she was just a fan who just watched the video and knew what to do .