Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1780867 times)

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
___

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
No, he wasn't. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he's dead
Really?

Yea, based on the stuff he told me, from dating a 16yo to having unprotected sex?

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
Yes those are hardly grounds for death.  ::)
Risk taking, yes. Death, no. If he was real he probably got tired of trolling everyone online and decided to troll people in real life. 

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Phoenix Dark

And he said he was suicidal? eh dude, unless he was a massive joke character, I dunno.

I think he was real though

Fresh Prince

I think if anything he was bored.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Her
« Reply #2046 on: January 18, 2010, 06:01:51 PM »
All these people that GAF miss post here
PSP

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Greatness Gone was probably just a boring straight white kid in the suburbs who was bored enough to create the GG persona.

The joke probably got too old for the person so that was that.
🍆🍆

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
I miss Cockles, Ghost and Fleming. xbots for life
itm

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Her
« Reply #2050 on: January 18, 2010, 07:42:32 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19351170&postcount=220

every fucking time :lol
This has happened so many times. I think it's the biggest inside joke by now.
©ZH

archie4208

Was Gahiggidy someone's joke account or was he really a crazed ninthing? 

pilonv1

I dont care, he's awesome for his Gamecube basement and Gamecube hut posts.
itm

archie4208

He had the best gaming room ever.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Who's ParticleReality?
©@©™

Barry Egan

« Reply #2055 on: January 18, 2010, 08:22:10 PM »
WAIT. WAIT. WAIT.

SOMEONE AT GAF MISSED ME, PARTICLEREALITY?

On GAF, nearly anyone can be a celebrity poster!

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
hahahahaha i knew you'd reply to that. that was one of my accounts. dork. go to bed.
fat

Fresh Prince

I thought it was weird that someone would notice a nobody like me.
You're not a nobody to me.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
When are you legal? :teehee
[close]

Phoenix Dark

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
I thought it was weird that someone would notice a nobody like me.
You're not a nobody to me.

When are you legal? :teehee
[close]
[close]
He's already legal in Canada.

Fresh Prince

The plight of lesbians :(

drew

• sy

Barry Egan

« Reply #2062 on: January 18, 2010, 11:02:39 PM »

Crushed

• i am terrified by skellybones
 :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
wtc

Ganhyun

• Used to worship Muckhole. Now worships Robo.
Crushed has many fans on GAF*

whom he possibly doesn't want
[close]
XDF

Crushed

oh my god :rofl
wtc

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
The kiss me video is the only one that really got me. :lol
AMC

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
the nope one was good too

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
:rofl

The "i spy" video was my favorite.
dog

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
乱学者

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
That GAF thread is becoming a massacre with bans thanks to people naming this place :lol
CBG

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #2071 on: January 19, 2010, 03:50:17 AM »
That GAF thread is becoming a massacre with bans thanks to people naming this place :lol

Such childish moderation.

Sad.

pilonv1

:lol @ Kiss Me.

TF2 is the gift that keeps on giving.
itm

Green Shinobi

Has anyone bothered to mention the rule that prohibits it?

Tieno

• Iconz
[youtube=560,345]#at=28[/youtube]
I love the accents!
i

Green Shinobi

Stupid dinux lumped me in with FoC and Methodis in that GAF thread. Completely unforgivable.

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
Why does everyone keep quoting my avatar in that thread. wtf.
sad

Crushed

Why does everyone keep quoting my avatar in that thread. wtf.

I dunno, man. Crazy stuff.
wtc

bud

• a smudge of excrement on a tissue surging out to sea with a million tons of raw sewage
« Reply #2078 on: January 19, 2010, 09:01:56 AM »
:lol
zzz

Ganhyun

XDF

Ganhyun

I guess there was too much Bore referencing in that thread. It got locked.
XDF

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #2081 on: January 19, 2010, 09:57:50 AM »
I don't know about you guys, but I'm totally fine with GAF mods banning people who mention EB. It's not too far from the realm of possibility that if the URL showed up enough times we'd get a lot more "Guests" popping up, and eventually suffer an influx of "New Members", whatever the fuck those are.

Don't let the government take away our health care...er...EvilBore!
SRY

Fragamemnon

• Excel 2008 GOTY
  • Icon
« Reply #2082 on: January 19, 2010, 10:30:55 AM »
I think it's definitely fine, given how much of a mess over the years GAF has had with exiled and embittered forum posters. I don't really see the Bore as something like OA-it's really more of an old people's home for old GAF posters than anything else-but it's close enough that shoot on sight moderation seems reasonable.
hex

Green Shinobi

Has anyone ever made a joke GAF account and just suicided by creating a "Join Evilbore" thread?

Stoney Mason

It's not that I necessarily care about how GAF moderates or that I think this site needs GAF members or needs to be "advertised". It is their site and their rules which I totally understand.  

It is just how absurd this little rule is in addition to some of their other bizzare moderation habits. Think about how insane it is that you get banned for EVEN MENTIONING A SITE ON THE INTERNET they don't want you to mention. You would think that level of vitriol would be relegated solely to pedo sites, neo-nazi sites, or stalker sites.

Ganhyun

It's not that I necessarily care about how GAF moderates or that I think this site needs GAF members or needs to be "advertised". It is their site and their rules which I totally understand.  

It is just how absurd this little rule is in addition to some of their other bizzare moderation habits. Think about how insane it is that you get banned for EVEN MENTIONING A SITE ON THE INTERNET they don't want you to mention. You would think that level of vitriol would be relegated solely to pedo sites, neo-nazi sites, or stalker sites.

Well, The Bore was originally founded as a direct mockery of EviLore I think. So, yea, I can see why he'd want any mention of this site removed and people doing it banned.

Maybe if the site link was changed to thebore.com or something.
XDF

Flannel Boy

• Icon
He'll tolerate a mod who drinks and drives or beats up his mother, but he will not tolerate a simple pun of his name.

Ganhyun

He'll tolerate a mod who drinks and drives or beats up his mother, but he will not tolerate a simple pun of his name.

Hey, he also wont tolerate open admittance of the use of ad blockers
XDF

Flannel Boy

• Icon
He needs that ad revenue to pay for servers ear reduction surgery.  :elf

Veidt

waaaaaaaaaaat
No way.

Which mod did that?

archie4208

waaaaaaaaaaat
No way.

Which mod did that?

Amir0x

Veidt

wow. that's kinda messed up :-\

By the way. Some dude got banned in the book of Eli thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19352981&postcount=580
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 12:15:11 PM by Veidt »

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #2092 on: January 19, 2010, 12:47:45 PM »
Just like anything, when something becomes mainstream, it turns into shit. Thus, NeoGAF.
SRY

Stoney Mason

« Reply #2093 on: January 19, 2010, 12:53:45 PM »
Just like anything, when something becomes mainstream, it turns into shit. Thus, NeoGAF.

I look at it in quite the opposite manner actually. When you go to most normal mainstream boards that have videogame discussion, the talk is generally rather pleasant and upbeat. It only gets shitty when you go to the more hardcore or fan oriented sites.

GAF gaming side reminds of when hip-hop became very insular and a culture arose around it and suddenly you had to be hardcore and "keep it real".

I have far less issues with the Off-Topic side where the moderation is generally lighter although stupid stuff still crops up over there like the furor over that Eli movie or mentioning the name of competing sites.

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #2094 on: January 19, 2010, 12:54:01 PM »
waaaaaaaaaaat
No way.

Which mod did that?

haha

you actually had to ask
MMA

Veidt

You're actually right. For some reason, I actually thought it'd be Amirox  :lol

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #2096 on: January 19, 2010, 01:00:24 PM »

I look at it in quite the opposite manner actually. When you go to most normal mainstream boards that have videogame discussion, the talk is generally rather pleasant and upbeat. It only gets shitty when you go to the more hardcore or fan oriented sites.

GAF gaming side reminds of when hip-hop became very insular and a culture arose around it and suddenly you had to be hardcore and "keep it real".

This is a really good point. The other stuff in your post I don't really agree with, however. OT comes off as really elitist, and all the regular thread authors really know how to play their audience by reporting on rapes and white people dying to illicit "Hang the fucker" and "Deserves to be shot in the nuts" responses, while the rest is dick-waving and bullshit, really.

Double-standards out the asshole on the mods' part regarding the law.
SRY

Veidt

Yeah. I'd have to agree with this.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #2098 on: January 19, 2010, 01:06:29 PM »

This is a really good point. The other stuff in your post I don't really agree with, however. OT comes off as really elitist, and all the regular thread authors really know how to play their audience by reporting on rapes and white people dying to illicit "Hang the fucker" and "Deserves to be shot in the nuts" responses, while the rest is dick-waving and bullshit, really.

Double-standards out the asshole on the mods' part regarding the law.

The best thing about GAF is also the worst thing about GAF. There are so many people there that whatever niche interest you have you can be sure there are some people who share it. That's cool.

There are also so many people there that the troll and fanboy population is out of control. People behave in a different manner than they normally would just to show off in front of an audience. And so many people almost always leads to Draconian style moderation because of the above reasons which is even worse there because of the arbitrary nature of the moderation and the inconsistent way the rules are enforced.

Its fine for what it is and has its good points and good posters and I happily posted there for years and may some day in the future again but basically the place has burned me out so for the current time I've avoided it and stopped posting there.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 01:15:40 PM by Stoney Mason »

Veidt

:lol Kosma