Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1780375 times)

archie4208

TA probably uses adblock.

Admit to beating your mom and abusing illegal drugs: Become a mod
Admit to blocking banner ads:  Permabanned

:dur

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
I can imagine a lot of GAF members turning off their Adblock before going onto GAF.

Vennt was always a hardass but he was often fair.  This ban was very Dragona-esque in contrast.  I agree, it's too bad some ninny like HUELEN10 couldn't take TA's place instead.
🍆🍆

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship

Raban

• The baby...
(Image removed from quote.)

lmao

and smh @ GAF discussion on EB. Can we stop talking about it?
SRY

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon

The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Here!)

Raban

• The baby...

I know but it's still making me :-\
SRY

OptimoPeach

[youtube=560,345]hQZFcFESShE[/youtube]
lol

I know but it's still making me :-\
Nothing wrong with a lil water cooler gossip
hi5

Flannel Boy

• Icon
I love gossip.

I hear malek has a love pillow made from flannel.

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Her
« Reply #3188 on: February 07, 2010, 03:01:21 PM »
I heard he's started speaking about himself in the third person, like a crazy person. 

But I had pretty much assumed he was a crazy person when I heard about the flannel pillow.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
I heard something about Malek...

|---|

Guess what that is?

The bellbar he plans to tie to his feet before jumping into the river?

Flannel Boy

• Icon
That would hurt; all the rivers here are frozen solid. :/

Flannel Boy

• Icon
Don't judge him!

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
Could someone go into that 12-page GAF thread about the FF7 remake and tell them it's based on a misquote?  Kitase just said that because HD content is more work to produce, they have to be more selective about what they focus on, rather than just trying to do everything like they used to, and so since for this particular game they were heavily focused on the story, and due to the nature of the story, towns were one example of a "not the core focus" element that had to be condensed.  He wasn't saying there was something special about towns specifically that made them super-hard to make in HD.   :dur
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 04:51:54 PM by recursivelyenumerable »
QED

OptimoPeach

Done :-*
hi5

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
Do too!
QED

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Could someone go into that 12-page GAF thread

No thanks.
©@©™

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Her
« Reply #3196 on: February 07, 2010, 05:43:58 PM »
Took a little more than 2 pages for someone to defend H :-\ ME in this thread, color me impressed (thought it would be on the first page for sure): 
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19662883&postcount=113

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3197 on: February 07, 2010, 06:27:36 PM »
Fuck, speaking of Sam Neil and horror

IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS
I don't get the love for that flick. It's like, because it's the first sort of Lovecraft adaptation that's not ridiculously campy or embarrassing, it gets all this love in horror circles. It's a very, very flawed film. I dug the atmosphere, but what a waste in my opinion.
I see it as less of a Lovecraft movie and more of a Stephen King movie; most of the tropes are more traditionally King-esque, though he has written much Mythos-inspired works.

Rman

Could someone go into that 12-page GAF thread about the FF7 remake and tell them it's based on a misquote?  Kitase just said that because HD content is more work to produce, they have to be more selective about what they focus on, rather than just trying to do everything like they used to, and so since for this particular game they were heavily focused on the story, and due to the nature of the story, towns were one example of a "not the core focus" element that had to be condensed.  He wasn't saying there was something special about towns specifically that made them super-hard to make in HD.   :dur
Don't you have an account?

chronovore

• relapsed dev
I use GFaqs when I need advice, etc. Even post on it.
Same here, but in terms of "conversation" that place is a wasteland.

Even trying to track threads with their control panel is fruitless, as nobody in interested in having a dialog, only expressing their (commonly ignorant) opinion and then moving on. It's like having a discussion at a party with people walking past and interjecting random crap based on some half-heard portion.

I really only log in so I can search past threads for crap that isn't clear enough on xbox360achievements.org

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
___

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
 :lol

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
Vennt is terrible.  He banned people for criticizing the iPad.

In other GAF news:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19668618&postcount=3110

Yeah that's the last time I ever click on a Sonic thread.

fuck

what the fuck

AdmiralViscen

I think the ban list exists, or at least existed at some point. It was once leaked, iirc.
It could be a prank, I don't know.

Years ago one of my friends had an account that somehow had viewing access of the secret mod forum. There are shit list threads for each mod, and when other mods chime in enough then that person better watch out.

This was 2 or 3 years ago.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Wilde Sonic Homo
©@©™

Powerslave

Those god damned fuckers and their FF7 remake bullshit. Pisses me off to no end.

Barry Egan

« Reply #3206 on: February 07, 2010, 08:50:39 PM »
I think the ban list exists, or at least existed at some point. It was once leaked, iirc.

Years ago one of my friends had an account that somehow had viewing access of the secret mod forum. There are shit list threads for each mod, and when other mods chime in enough then that person better watch out.

Got any more tidbits from the mod forum?

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
I can imagine a lot of GAF members turning off their Adblock before going onto GAF.

Vennt was always a hardass but he was often fair.  This ban was very Dragona-esque in contrast.  I agree, it's too bad some ninny like HUELEN10 couldn't take TA's place instead.

I'm starting to be envious of Huelen. I wish I could be that happy obsessing over dumb shit.  I'm just a cynical old man trapped in a 20 something year old's body.
sad

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
This is exactly why I don't post over there anymore.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=386781

14 pages of complete bullshit

EDIT: And lol the op is the type who thinks he is a deep thinker.

Quote from: loser
The sad thing is that it's so similar, that people are going to start making unfair comparisons and directly relating the two, thus putting a stain on God of War. Sure, avid gamers like ourselves will make the distinction, but the average joe GameStop gamer is going to the two as one-in-the-same, and potentially believe that Dante's Inferno, like God of War, is what a good game looks like. It might seem like a big problem, but this is the main reason why we continuously get shoddily crafted cookie-cutter games that end up selling well because of a little bit of shock and mass appeal based on comparisons to good games. I'm sure a lot of people will simply say to ignore it, don't buy it, and move on. But it's part of the problem.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 09:19:39 PM by Stoney Mason »

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
as if you won't be back for the next NPD thread, or for Halo Reach's release

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #3210 on: February 07, 2010, 09:10:50 PM »

Got any more tidbits from the mod forum?

Not really, but I can ask him.

EmCeeGrammar

This is exactly why I don't post over there anymore.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=386781

14 pages of complete bullshit

But you'll still read it, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? 

Just joshing, I like ya dude.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 09:14:23 PM by EmCeeGrammar »
sad

Stoney Mason

I've been unbanned since early December. Haven't posted on GAF in 2010 at all. Don't really have a desire to do so anytime soon. That may change of course but everytime I do a quick scan of the site it's the same dumb bullshit with the same awful moderation so I'm not exactly feeling any desire to break that streak.

Stoney Mason

But you'll still read it it, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? 

Just joshing, I like ya dude.

I rubberneck at car wrecks too.

;)

Barry Egan

« Reply #3214 on: February 07, 2010, 09:18:17 PM »

I'm starting to be envious of Huelen. I wish I could be that happy obsessing over dumb shit.  I'm just a cynical old man trapped in a 20 something year old's body.

wow.  Huelen is like, the internet-person the other lowly internet-people derive schadenfreude from.

Envious of Huelen.  I'll need time to digest that. 

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #3215 on: February 07, 2010, 09:20:35 PM »

wow.  Huelen is like, the internet-person the other lowly internet-people derive schadenfreude from.

Envious of Huelen.  I'll need time to digest that. 

He's just always so distinguished mentally-challenged fellow happy.  I wish I could be that way without getting wasted. 
sad

Phoenix Dark

I've been unbanned since early December. Haven't posted on GAF in 2010 at all. Don't really have a desire to do so anytime soon. That may change of course but everytime I do a quick scan of the site it's the same dumb bullshit with the same awful moderation so I'm not exactly feeling any desire to break that streak.

To show how out of touch I am with Hollywood console gaming: I just saw a trailer for Dante's Inferno during the Super Bowl; my first time seeing anything from it. So GoW fans are acting like GoW was the first game to introduce that gameplay, making DI a disgusting rip off? smh
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 09:35:19 PM by Phoenix Dark »

Stoney Mason

The game is a pretty blatant rip. I don't dispute that.

Of course 95% of games out there are pretty blatantly ripping off other games and nobody seems to be bothered by that.

archie4208

DI does look pretty awful, but nerd raging over it copying God of War (which is not a bastion of creativity itself) or raping classic literature is kinda dumb.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
PD: Dante's Inferno is a direct rip off of GOW. The makers have admitted it. No argument needed. It's a literal lift of one games gameplay and putting it in another.

nat

ToxicAdam

I had no idea they are making a Hoover Dam bypass bridge. Almost completed.

[youtube=560,345]lhKCzk0KbYU[/youtube]

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
I played the Dante's Inferno demo on a friend's 360 I noticed and made fun of all the similarities to gow but still enjoyed it, he knows that the game is a blatant rip off but is still buying it full price because he doesn't own a ps3 and wont be able to play gow3, as long as they are good I don't really care about exclusives clones.
Drunk

ToxicAdam

[youtube=560,345]AQiXONfGwDc [/youtube]

Tonerless and paperless printer.

Printer is about 5000 dollars and the "paper" is about 3.50 a sheet.

Phoenix Dark

[youtube=560,345]VYNFDvsOy3g[/youtube]

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
[youtube=560,345]VYNFDvsOy3g[/youtube]

I love the way the woman says "That guy is so ignorant".  :lol
dog

OptimoPeach

BUSTA CUN WE HAVE A FOYTOE

What a disgusting accent. I had to rewind three times before I could understand what she was saying.

edit rofl @ the guy in black's reaction when Busta turns around
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 12:27:15 AM by OptimoPeach »
hi5

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
[youtube=560,345]NB32MRKvBvQ&feature=PlayList&p=AFADF0904F4E4C91&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=19[/youtube]

drew

• sy

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
I don't remember, did they ever show sugar in a previous episode?

Phoenix Dark

[youtube=560,345]OnoOiSnOPQs[/youtube]

brandnew annihilated

Raban

• The baby...
Those paparazzi were cunts.
SRY

BobFromPikeCreek

:lol Full on face palm.
zzzzz

Jansen

huelen probably has OCD and as someone that struggles with it as well let me tell you it is no fun at all.

sometimes i'll obsess over little details so much that i make myself sick with frustration.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
BUSTA CUN WE HAVE A FOYTOE

What a disgusting accent. I had to rewind three times before I could understand what she was saying.

Thats a brilliant accent man.

:bow Southerners :bow2

Southerners? :wtf
dog

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
You know, maybe it was slightly dickish what TA did, but that is no reason to give him anything more than a little slap on the wrist. Especially with what he contributes to the board. Seems Vennt has been extremely strict lately, doling out bans left and right. It sucks he got perma'd, but at least that means we will have him all to ourselves here  :-*
^_^

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
[youtube=560,345]TQKpEesf908[/youtube]
©ZH