Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1780640 times)

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Her
« Reply #3480 on: February 12, 2010, 09:34:26 AM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19755458&postcount=1

Tacky Tackerson

I don't know man, I hate his style and most of the stuff he does, but that theme looks pretty cool.

I disagree.  Those icons look completely out of place.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
My birthday was just a couple of days ago, it's not too late guys:

___

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Arbys Roast Beef Sandwich

• •••
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Her
« Reply #3484 on: February 12, 2010, 10:41:47 AM »

Tacky Tackerson

I don't know man, I hate his style and most of the stuff he does, but that theme looks pretty cool.

Yeah, instead of doing the shitty 3D garbage he usually makes, he just grabs production art and slaps it in arbitrary positions.
うぐう

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
I understand why they didn't do anything, but I would have risked my job.  Not saying they should, I don't understand their circumstances.
sad

Green Shinobi

Anyone remember that time when The Boss ended Jakob Dylan's career and murdered him on his own track?

Barry Egan

« Reply #3487 on: February 12, 2010, 12:20:35 PM »

Tacky Tackerson

Yeah, instead of doing the shitty 3D garbage he usually makes, he just grabs production art and slaps it in arbitrary positions.

Well, to be fair, it looks like he made those icons himself?  Looks like he put alot of time in to each of them too.  A shame the implementation sucks.

etiolate

I don't hate on gaf like a lot of you seem obsessed with doing. But if I kept going into that $300 jeans thread, I probably would turn into an obsessed lunatic.

« Reply #3489 on: February 12, 2010, 07:10:20 PM »
Anyone remember that time when The Boss ended Jakob Dylan's career and murdered him on his own track?

lol.  Dylan needs bigger shoulder pads.  David Byrne's pointing and laughing.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
I fucking LOVE these GAF threads

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387297

Now I really want my account back at GAF. GAFs members are all street justice brawlers who will always have your back no matter what.

These guys are fucking idiots.

This is why I will never read GAF anymore. Threads like this make my blood pressure rise and I can not do anything about it.

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #3491 on: February 12, 2010, 09:44:30 PM »

made me wonder what happened to those guys..I mean, Bob Dylan's son has to count for something, right?  according to wiki, they went on to have a decent career.  I thought they were gone after this song.   

btw, the boss didn't really do anything special aside from that solo and singing off key..

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm

Green Shinobi

« Reply #3493 on: February 12, 2010, 10:12:30 PM »
made me wonder what happened to those guys..I mean, Bob Dylan's son has to count for something, right?  according to wiki, they went on to have a decent career.  I thought they were gone after this song.   

btw, the boss didn't really do anything special aside from that solo and singing off key..

Yeah, he was off key, but Bruce absolutely dominated the song with that mean guitar solo, taking two verses to Dylan's one, joining Dylan at the mic for the final chorus and then outright stealing the outro guitar solo from the Wallflowers' actual lead guitarist. He's like that really ripped, handsome dude at the bar who comes over to your table because his friends haven't arrived yet, but ends up going home with the girl you brought there and becoming better friends with all your dudes than you were.

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #3494 on: February 12, 2010, 10:15:39 PM »
I doubt he "stole" it...they probably just told him to play it because he was the guest on stage.  music isn't football :lol

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
I enjoyed this

lennedsay

• Senior MILF

Just in case you haven't yet... experienced... the Shake Weight.   ;)
(|)

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
[youtube=560,345][youtube]

The question is whether you've experienced the shake weight. ;)

Powerslave

I fucking LOVE these GAF threads

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387297

Now I really want my account back at GAF. GAFs members are all street justice brawlers who will always have your back no matter what.

These guys are fucking idiots.

Yeah I totally just saw this on another forum.

Fucking useless assholes. Also to that other guy that just came up and took the purse. Fucking ridiculous.

Quote from: Nib95
Fire both of those dumb mother fuckers. Job description or not, there's a thing called a general moral code of conduct and helping one's neighbors.

::)

The fuck is wrong with you? You hate those gaffers because they still have morality backed up by common fucking sense? The fact that they themselves would or wouldn't intervene if they were in the security guards position is out of discussion. Because you seem to be calling them out on their opinions on a forum. Hell, I don't even know why you are calling them idiots.
The argument for the security guards not intervening being "it's not in their job description" is a fucking distinguished mentally-challenged one. By this logic, anyone doing ANY job that doesn't fall under law enforcement shouldn't ever intervene with a fight. You're working at McDonalds and you see two people fighting? It's not your job to break it up!  Someone tries to kill some guy in your barbershop? BACK THE FUCK UP YOU'RE JUST A BARBER YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO CUT PEOPLES HAIR

Flannel Boy

• Icon
The fuck is wrong with you? You hate those gaffers because they still have morality backed up by common fucking sense?

Everyone is a hero when facing a computer monitor.

The argument for the security guards not intervening being "it's not in their job description" is a fucking distinguished mentally-challenged one. By this logic, anyone doing ANY job that doesn't fall under law enforcement shouldn't ever intervene with a fight. You're working at McDonalds and you see two people fighting? It's not your job to break it up!  Someone tries to kill some guy in your barbershop? BACK THE FUCK UP YOU'RE JUST A BARBER YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO CUT PEOPLES HAIR

The argument isn't that intervening isn't part of their job description; it's that they are specifically prohibited from doing so by their employer. Neither the barber nor the burger flipper likely has such a restraint because their employers would not be vicarious liable if anything went wrong (an employer isn't liable for an assault committed by its employees unless the use of force was part of their jobs (see police officers) or likely to occur because of the nature of their jobs (see security guards). 
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 11:15:58 PM by Malek J. Lumberjack Jr. »

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
Finally some real talk bitches!

ToxicAdam

Don't try to tell Powerslave how the real world works. The truth is that you stand up to injustice in the world, then you get recognized as a hero and they have a parade for you and then a movie on Lifetime.

Barry Egan

« Reply #3502 on: February 12, 2010, 11:24:12 PM »
The fuck is wrong with you? You hate those gaffers because they still have morality backed up by common fucking sense? The fact that they themselves would or wouldn't intervene if they were in the security guards position is out of discussion. Because you seem to be calling them out on their opinions on a forum. Hell, I don't even know why you are calling them idiots.

:patel

Powerslave

The argument isn't that intervening isn't part of their job description; it's that they are specifically prohibited from doing so by their employer. Neither the barber nor the burger flipper likely has such a restraint because their employers would not be vicarious liable if anything went wrong (an employer isn't liable for an assault committed by its employees unless the use of force was part of their jobs (see police officers) or likely to occur because of the nature of their jobs (see security guards). 

Oh I already understand that part. The issue is more about the security guards being pussies that they can't even break up a fight between 15 year old girls.

This guy made a great post:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19738294&postcount=67

So the job description of these phoney "security" guards is to observe and report.

Okay, say an incident like that one where the kid is set on fire by 3 or 4 other boys happens there. The guards should/would just stand there and let the kid burn? (This was the Denver Jarvis case). Sounds like that'd be a-okay with some of the people on this thread.

As I asked before, so what if it was a 7 yo or a 4 yo getting kicked in the head? Think anyone would step in then? Sure as shit they would. I believe kicking someone in the head is considered attempted murder.

A big reason these "guards" didn't help is because the attackers were close to being (and some were) adults, so they were bigger, probably more physically threatening. The guards were afraid in this case and convienently excused their own fear by focusing on their job description.

Additionally, for the guards to be fired if they intervened would be the decision of management/supervisors in charge. We all know there are no automatics when it comes to any type of management. This wouldn't even be a significant story had the guards helped. No one has to fire these people, if it happened they were to have been fired, it would be some numb nut's choice to do so.

The bold part is the bottom line. No need to discuss shitty job policies.

Raban

• The baby...
SRY

Powerslave

btw I understand that different angles come to play in these situations and I'm not even solely blaming the security guards but even more so the people around them. I also blame the human race for being so shitty overall with their million reasons for everything, making everything incredibly convenient while ignoring the big picture. Life has become so arbitrary, it pisses me off.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
Oh I already understand that part.

doubtful.

This guy made a great post:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19738294&postcount=67

Not really. He created two hypotheticals that clearly differ from the situation (The "observe and report" policy doesn't extend to situations where there is an immediate danger to life); he calls them pussies; He then makes a blanket and inaccurate statement about management practices. Bravo?

No need to discuss shitty job policies.

The policy generally make sense when the "security guards" are untrained, unprepared, unarmed, and severely underpaid.

Life has become so arbitrary, it pisses me off.

:emowillco

Powerslave

Malek being a big pussy hiding behind over 9000 books worth of 'laws' and 'rules' to justify his pussyness instead of seeing the actual situation that a girl needs help from getting her face kicked in, confirmed ;)

Powerslave

I also like how Malek makes this discussion revolve just around the security guards so he can have some sort of a comeback by leaving out parts of my post that makes it clear that this isn't just about the security guards but also the normal bystanders. Selective quoting for his own convenience. Good job, you fucking pussy hehe.

ToxicAdam

Raban

• The baby...
lul
SRY

Raban

• The baby...
That kid has balls. I can't even find the courage to talk to a female friend over AIM.

:-\
Pretty sure that's a shop
SRY

Raban

• The baby...
Well, what I said wasn't true!

spoiler (click to show/hide)
yes it was
[close]

It's OK dude, you'll get over it. Maybe. :-\
SRY

Raban

• The baby...
I thought so too.

I can talk to girls, but I can't flirt. I haven't really hit it off conversationally with a girl in ages. I don't really try anymore because I'm sick of Californians. Need to move outta here.
SRY

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist

I already posted that in the NSFW thread..

Green Shinobi

I don't try to talk to girls because all I know about is nerdy shit. Girls probably don't want to hear 'bout nerdy shit.

That's why you talk about them. Ask them questions and make some jokes if you can.

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
CBG

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
(Image removed from quote.)

Just tried Chat Roulette for the last twenty minutes or so.  At least 50% of it was dudes jacking off.
PS4

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
I...I don't get it.
PS4

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
CBG

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
evilore's epic face turn?
itm

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Oh.  Oh fuck.  I wish non-mods could get away with such blatant Dragona mockery.
PS4

ferrarimanf355

• I have the cutest car on The Bore
[youtube=560,345]tU0r99fyD0U[/youtube]

So awesome.  :-*

Green Shinobi

I sure would like to read the moderator forum on GAF.

Also, I cannot wait until GAF implodes. So much wasted potential.

If you had a choice between GAF moderator forum or EB icon forum, which would you choose?

For me it's an easy choice. Only one comes with cock pix.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer

Meh, I don't see GAF imploding at all.  Even if Evilore were to get sick of it, it could just be handed off to new management and continue accordingly.
🍆🍆

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
it's rare i get to do some poetic trollin!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387488&page=2
:rofl

When did they change your name back?
©ZH

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal

Meh, I don't see GAF imploding at all.  Even if Evilore were to get sick of it, it could just be handed off to new management and continue accordingly.

I'm sure Playstation.com will gladly continue to do that job for him.
Tacos

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #3527 on: February 13, 2010, 12:48:17 PM »

it's probably worth a few bucks...doubt he would just give up and shut the site down.  I wonder how many companies scan it for marketing ideas.  I mean, half the threads seem like marketing type questions.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
http://worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh7Dsb89qvpUDXi6e1

Watch all the way through. Man, brits be hard.
:9

Flannel Boy

• Icon
[youtube=560,345]A4dBo3WciII[/youtube]

Robo

it's rare i get to do some poetic trollin!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387488&page=2

Wii only gamer here
Where are all the hardcore games?
bought the wrong console

:lol
obo

Powerslave

Evilore :bow2

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Evilore's comment is probably the only thing holding that thread back from being a total bloodbath.
🍆🍆

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3

stolen from gaf who stole it from someone else
sad

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
tissue shotgun :lol

ManaByte

He'll hand it off to Amir0x and the forum will then quickly die like his old one.
CBG

Raban

• The baby...
Oh wow :lol @ the tissue shotgun

Master troll.
SRY