Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1780449 times)

Akala

• Easy Victor
reading yelp to look for anything new in vegas gets me kinda hype. some of the reviews are fucking cringe-worthy though. such as this one about the wynn...

A bit too old-money European for me (versus, say, the mudern and much more cosmopolitan luxury of City Center), but nevertheless, my steady fallback for my Vegas Litmus Test of women.

Upon entering a Salon Suite, the nice woman you've brought back after scintillating conversation (infused by Remy XO) and more than a bit of charm will either:

1. Gasp in amazement from the splendor of the room and stunning views of the Las Vegas Strip. Her eyes will then stare back at you and her you will notice her heart skip a beat. And she will start to fall and euphoria takes over.

2. Give you a "business as usual" look that says, "I have been in a room like this a million times before". She might even walk directly to the half-champagne bottle in the mini-bar and not even bother with the view of the Strip. Most likely, she will just casually toss her Judith Leiber Emerald-Cut Full Bead Minaudier on the multi-sectional sofa. There will be no delirium.

Response number one equals: a potentially "decent" girl, new to town, most likely younger.

Response number two equals: a potential "pro", been in town too long, most likely older.

There is no surer way to tell what your girl is all about than The Las Vegas Litmus Test. And I have found no better a barometer of a woman's disposition than the Wynn's salon suites.

seriously? :derp

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
Ugly and socially inept nerds try to convince themselves that they are at least smart and that everybody out there in the world thats socially able and good looking must be stupid.

One thing I noticed about socially apt folks is that they are indeed very smart.  That's essentially what being witty is.  An expression of intelligence.  I find they commit themselves to more practical venues of standard living and knowledge and concentrate on their relationships.

....and then other people spend the evening carving their feet and posting the pics on the internet.

Exactly, I envy those who don't have to resort to such things to amuse themselves.
sad

Green Shinobi

I had never heard of Roissy before Prole mentioned him on the last page. TBH, my knowledge of the pick-up artist scene doesn't go much further than a a few David DeAngelo newsletters that used to clear my spam filter somehow. I checked out Roissy's wordpress page, and it was pretty interesting, particularly his 16 commandments of poon. I definitely broke like half of those with my last ex.  :lol

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
I had never heard of Roissy before Prole mentioned him on the last page. TBH, my knowledge of the pick-up artist scene doesn't go much further than a a few David DeAngelo newsletters that used to clear my spam filter somehow. I checked out Roissy's wordpress page, and it was pretty interesting, particularly his 16 commandments of poon. I definitely broke like half of those with my last ex.  :lol

LOL, David DeAngelo looks like a middle aged version of me.  :P
^_^

Cravis

Toddler mistakes real gun for wii gun. Kills self.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/toddler-dies-mistaking-gun-wii-controller/story?id=10056190&page=1

Is it bad that immediately after thinking how tragic this was, I started to wonder where I can get one of those? Seriously has anyone seen a gun shell like that?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
leaving a loaded gun on a table, what a capital idea!

My thoughts exactly.
dog

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Tennessee? I'm shocked.
©ZH

Mupepe

• Icon
I have a loaded gun in my pants.  No big deal. 

Mupepe

• Icon
Clean chamber

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

Mupepe

• Icon
shots fired daily at a live target

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
complete, utter annihilation  :lol

Mupepe

• Icon

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
What wii accessory are they talking about?  I don't have anything that looks like automatic weapon around here.
sad

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
What wii accessory are they talking about?  I don't have anything that looks like automatic weapon around here.

There's a lot of different variations, but I couldn't find one on Amazon that looked exactly like the one in the article. Almost all of them are white.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_n_0?rh=n:468642,k:wii+gun,n:!11846801,n:14218901&bbn=11846801&keywords=wii+gun&ie=UTF8&qid=1268250542&rnid=11846801
dog

Phoenix Dark

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=20206347

Sounds like shes jealous because her coworker is losing weight and she still a hog.
Drunk

Phoenix Dark

She says she's losing weight, and I don't doubt her. But getting upset at people using different methods to lose weight is just petty. She's certainly in no position to judge

Mupepe

• Icon
As a black man, you wouldn't hit it, PD?

Phoenix Dark

Hell no. I require some curves and a nice ass. Those two things can make up for someone being 20-60 pounds overweight imo. For some reason white chicks can't pull it off well, as compared to black or latina chicks.

Mupepe

• Icon
I don't think I've ever met a white woman in real life who could pull it off well.  White women can't seem to hold extra weight at all.  Blacks or Latinas can for sure though.  Hell, it even makes some of them look better with a little extra weight.  A LITTLE, DAMMIT.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

Phoenix Dark

Nothing wrong with a thick chick. It's not my first preference, and it's definitely can be like walking on rotten ice; the scale can tip too far in the wrong direction, pretty damn quickly.

The fat white chicks I see with black guys are never thick, shapely, etc. They're just dough blobs. If it's truly about white gf=higher social status or whatever, doesn't dating a fattie negate that effect anyway? Who cares if you have a white gf if no one else would date her but you.

Mupepe

• Icon
Nothing wrong with a thick chick. It's not my first preference, and it's definitely can be like walking on rotten ice; the scale can tip too far in the wrong direction, pretty damn quickly.

The fat white chicks I see with black guys are never thick, shapely, etc. They're just dough blobs. If it's truly about white gf=higher social status or whatever, doesn't dating a fattie negate that effect anyway? Who cares if you have a white gf if no one else would date her but you.
That's why you find someone who is thick naturally.  If you're looking at her high school pictures and she was thin, bail the fuck out.  She's a car with no brakes.

And I think if someone is so insecure that they equate social status with dating someone from another race, they passed the shame of dating fat bitches twenty miles back.

Powerslave

Phoenix Dark will surely appreciate all that advice mupepe.

Phoenix Dark

Yea, that's a good point Mupepe. They aren't ashamed at all  :-\

Mupepe

• Icon
I have a loaded gun in my pants.  No big deal. 

yes, but you wouldn't be stupid enough to leave it out so it can go off in a childs face would you? ;)

Maeby ;)

elektrikluv

And those fat white chicks are always the first to call themselves 'curvy', giving girls with real curves nothing to describe their body type because its become synonymous with fat.

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
BlueTsunami, Jinfash or Arby's  please shop Good Jon onto that pic  :lol
jon

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
This is pretty damn impressive. And awesome.

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

I like it more than the Han Solo P.I. mashup. Anything involving "Sabotage" is awesome.
AMC

etiolate

And those fat white chicks are always the first to call themselves 'curvy', giving girls with real curves nothing to describe their body type because its become synonymous with fat.

damn

you need to get laid

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
[youtube=560,345]ZzRq7GhBLRQ[/youtube]

It's all in its infancy but I wouldn't be surprised 3D glasses-requiring technology becomes outdated pretty quick.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
[youtube=560,345]PE3g2zeBVQQ[/youtube]

:pimp

Great song, bud.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

muckhole

• AMBASSADOR
fek

etiolate

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20217728&postcount=68

dear lord

I hope instead of trolling him or quickly banning him, they actually try to illuminate the issue a bit more for him.

OptimoPeach

"My best friend is black, I'm not a racist" :rofl
hi5

etiolate

PC master race right there

Phoenix Dark

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20217728&postcount=68

dear lord

I hope instead of trolling him or quickly banning him, they actually try to illuminate the issue a bit more for him.

No illumination will help him.

etiolate

Originally, before he spouted that bootstrap shit, I thought he was going to talk about the divide in black culture over 'real' blacks and educated blacks, and then the mob would have to backpedal. But fuck no. He went straight sitting around the porch with pa talk.

edit: "only for the weak" He's got to be trolling.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 01:54:56 AM by etiolate »

Phoenix Dark

I don't see how you could read his first post and expect him to start some serious discussion about blacks in America.

etiolate

I don't see how you could read his first post and expect him to start some serious discussion about blacks in America.

Judging by the thread's reaction to the Oprah quip, they seemed prime to be tripped up. I thought his "but you'll think I'm racist" was in regards to forum behavior. I was hoping he was serious.

Donono

[youtube=560,345]0-6Tn0Ie-AQ[/youtube]

THIS TEAM IS WHY I LIVE!

GilloD

• TAKE THE LIFE OF FRED ASTAIRE. MAKE HIM PAY. TRANSFER HIS FAME TO YOU.

THIS TEAM IS WHY I LIVE!

His friends are fucking assholes, but also sports are for jerk offs, anyway, so 0-0.
wha

Ganhyun

• Used to worship Muckhole. Now worships Robo.
oh well, no tag for me.  but  :lol @ wrath's username and tag change.
XDF

archie4208

I love reading the Sony vs. Nintendo motion controller threads.  It is like a nerdy version of the Hatfields vs. the McCoys.

Donono

[youtube=560,345]rRssIkxO-AY[/youtube]

:lol A friend of mine has this series on DVD.

It's great when you're on something.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Scott Steiner is a genius.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 05:25:48 PM by Good Day Sir »
ど助平

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
Someone get out my slide rule.  That's some hardcore wrestling mathematics.
Tacos

OptimoPeach

THIS TEAM IS WHY I LIVE!

His friends are fucking assholes, but also sports are for jerk offs, anyway, so 0-0.
:bow Sports :bow2

This is how I would picture harSon if I didn't know that he's black
hi5

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
Scott Steiner is a genius.

I can't be entirely sure if the first vid is facetious or that's really what he's saying. :rofl

As for the maths... :dizzy

Phoenix Dark

THIS TEAM IS WHY I LIVE!

:lol

I love how he said many of his girlfriends were racist against blacks, but it didn't hurt their relationship

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon

THIS TEAM IS WHY I LIVE!

I love how he said many of his girlfriends were racist against blacks, but it didn't hurt their relationship

Racist against blacks, but not black dick. :smug
AMC

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
:rofl

... I'd totally bang that chick in the background, though.
PSP

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man

THIS TEAM IS WHY I LIVE!

Racist against blacks, but not black dick. :smug

:lol :lol
:9

etiolate

"All external changes of life's forms that are not founded on shifts in consciousness not only fail to improve people's situation but, by and large, worsen it. It was not government decrees that abolished child-beating, torture and slavery, but a change in people's consciousness that called for the necessity of these decrees. And life is not only improved as far as it is based on modified consciousness; that is, to the extent that in people's consciousness the law of violence is exchanged for the law of love. People think that if a shift in consciousness influences the forms of life, it must also work the other way, and since it is more pleasant, easy and the effect more apparent, to direct energy at external changes, they always prefer to direct their energy not at changing consciousness but at changing forms. Therefor for the most part they are preoccupied not with the essential matter, but with some semblance of it."

-Tolstoy

>

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=389895

I also like how the black women wage issue got quickly forgotten about just like the girl's issue was passed over in favor of mob mentality and high horse riding and legal rights and precedence and everything but the issue of humanity divided.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 01:23:24 AM by etiolate »

etiolate

Tolstoy is quite right there. You work inside-out if you want true change. Civil Rights doesn't end racism, it just outlaws it and makes it hide in the shadows. We just settle for legal change because its easier to point at and pat ourselves on the back for, but we accomplish less than what is truly needed.

etiolate

The problem is people being satisfied with just legal change, and with people thinking the legal change will result in the mental change. Further problems being the idea that you can from that point just maumau people into acting and thinking accordingly to your side, and that respect, communication and conversation are unnecessary. You start to become self-righteous and create a new problem.