Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1780818 times)

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

Saint Cornelius

• Always rockin' the sawed-off wisdom.
This must be the dick riding Suicide was referring to.  :-\

Oh, and I guess yawl worship me as a fat, ginger, creepy-stalker god.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 04:11:49 PM by Saint Cornelius »
dap

ferrarimanf355

• I have the cutest car on The Bore
[youtube=560,345]IfyonN7WC4M[/youtube]

Looks nice, but I just want to play it already.  :-\

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
GT5 is the new Duke Nukem Forever.
CBG

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Isn't it coming out this year?

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
🍆🍆

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
which one of you is _pixelmonster on twitter?
itm

Rman

Isn't it coming out this year?
Delayed to an unspecified date. 

Phoenix Dark

A new challenger has appeared

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
which one of you is _pixelmonster on twitter?

It's Green Man.
brb

drew

• sy
anyclip has gone live

http://anyclip.com/

-tested it out by searching for Kurt Russell in drag in Tango & Cash, sadly no video, only text dialogue for that scene.

pretty cool site, though.

and i quote

Search Results

for

withActors:chris farley
Sorry, but your search for "Quote: hello washington" seems to be missing from our site

FUCKING FAIL

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
new neogaf look is mad homo.

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
It barely changed.
brb

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
that modus/polished look is meh.

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
Who cares really?
brb

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
well DEEEEEEEEEERP

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
brb

pilonv1

itm

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
rofl, it is awful. You can tell they need money bad.

ADVERTISE WITH US

USE THE GOOGLE SEARCH THAT IS LITTERED WITH SHIT RESULTS AND GOOGLE ADS
fat

drew

• sy

pilonv1

rofl, it is awful. You can tell they need money bad.

ADVERTISE WITH US

USE THE GOOGLE SEARCH THAT IS LITTERED WITH SHIT RESULTS AND GOOGLE ADS

Interesting that search is gone permanently and offloaded to google.
itm

Jansen

it looks horrible. the red private messages text looks wrong and killing off the old search feature for shitty google searches that are nowhere near as accurate as before is a bit of a bummer.

i'm guessing the last few batches of juniors have brought the servers to their knees and evliore can't afford to upgrade them.

pilonv1

The tabs on the left dont have borders but the page numbers on the right do.

The sub forum section is centred with grey boxes on the ends and looks amateurish.

Bring back the dinosaur skin
itm

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
it looks horrible. the red private messages text looks wrong and killing off the old search feature for shitty google searches that are nowhere near as accurate as before is a bit of a bummer.

i'm guessing the last few batches of juniors have brought the servers to their knees and evliore can't afford to upgrade them.

I think that he can afford it just fine but he wants to pinch every penny.  Which makes sense if you're trying to make a living off of the website.
🍆🍆

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
Lol, it really does looks really bad. I thought you guys were exaggerating.

Jansen

you still can't click on a username and search their posts :lol

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
Wow, the new design really does suck. And the NeoGAF emblem thingy to signify if a thread has been read or not reeks of trying to make the NeoGAF sign some sort of brand. I wonder when they'll implement a Faqs section :cookiem And orange is fucking ugly.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 08:23:14 AM by BlueTsunami »
:9

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
They used to sell mugs with the logo on so big shock there.

Search being gone is probably the worst. Now I can't be a narcissistic little shit and re-read my own threads  :'(

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
That is so ugly, god damn. Feels like a shitty trance compilation from the early 90s or some shit.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 10:00:53 AM by duckman2000 »

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
The redesign looks weird with the Stylish settings I was using.   :-\
©ZH

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
the entire upper right corner where you sign in is completely broken. the borders and colors don't match and overlap.
nat

cool breeze

I just opened this site and gaf like I do every morning and I think some hobo accidentally shat on my face when I clicked on the gaf window

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR

what is happening up there
nat

Bebpo

wtf, gaf looks like shit.

Modus designed graphics?  who the fuck thought that was a good idea?  He's a nice guy and has some talent, but a great artist he is not.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
I like Modus and some of his Forza 3 designs but that's not a good look for the website. I remember the thread where average people on GAF were coming up with better competing looks for the redesign and then the thread was shut down because of that.

bud

• a smudge of excrement on a tissue surging out to sea with a million tons of raw sewage
why would they change the skin? is it because it takes up too much resources or something? i asked it in the thread but didn't get an answer. the old skin made gaf the most pleasant looking forum ever. the new one is overdone and rather ugly imo. just look at the post a new thread link.
zzz

Is it possible to still implement dinogaf? How is it done?
orl

Bebpo

Is it possible to still implement dinogaf? How is it done?

now dinogaf, that was an improvement.

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
I like Modus and some of his Forza 3 designs but that's not a good look for the website. I remember the thread where average people on GAF were coming up with better competing looks for the redesign and then the thread was shut down because of that.

Decent graphic designers do not necessarily make decent web site designers. It took a long time for me to transition from print and video graphic design to web interface development.

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
Gaf looks cheap and amateurish :yuck and dinogaf seems to be gone :'(
Drunk

Ganhyun

• Used to worship Muckhole. Now worships Robo.
at least let the users keep the search posts or threads of this user feature.

XDF

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
Modus designed it?

No shit that the site now looks like some of that futuristic crap that was so fashion in 2001.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish

Decent graphic designers do not necessarily make decent web site designers. It took a long time for me to transition from print and video graphic design to web interface development.

Yeah you're right. It looks like something for a magazine rather than a website where readability and easy looking on the eyes should be king.

M3wThr33

It's all kid's art. If you ditch the logo, it's nothing more than hard edges in MS-Paint. There's no gradients or rounded edges to even make it look professional. I mean, Off-Topic doesn't need the hyphen. It's just SO amateur.

Like the Geocities of forums.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Evilbore rules, GAF drools.
©@©™

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
I wonder if they'll implement a Mountain Dew ticker that'll showcase NPD data two weeks after everyone cares
:9

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
I can't believe some are saying "I like the inclusion of the google search!  Nice touch!"

or the idiots remarking on the gaming and OT tabs which have always been there

but I guess that's what happens when you put the discussion thread  for the new layout in the gaming forum there :p
MMA

Raban

• The baby...
shit/bin
SRY

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
lol evillore warned people not to say anything negative about the redesign on the sticky :rofl
Drunk

Saint Cornelius

I mean this in all sincerity:

What is the appeal of GAf?
dap

Raban

• The baby...
I mean this in all sincerity:

I still use it as a gaming news collator. Checking one site is better than constantly frequenting the dozens that GAF uses to pool gaming news.

I don't understand why people want to post there (something tells me the faux-exclusivity of it is attractive to some folk), but it's a really good gaming news source. I used to use the OT as a general news source, but mostly when I go there all I see is "5yo Girl Raped in Subway Station: G/A/F?"
SRY

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
Gaf is fun because there's a lot of distinguished mentally-challenged people there that really fuel my need to be argumentative about silly shit. It's like a videogame.

Phoenix Dark

Looks horrible. The header is all jumbled and shit, I don't like tabs (why do we need an "online" tab so close to the top). I like how you can easily tell which threads you've recently clicked on though.

Solo

I think the biggest things for me is the large userbase which means topics keep moving. On smaller forums, they often just die or got into a coma for days.

Saint Cornelius

Why not just visit kotaku? Seems like they get most of their news from GAf, anyways.

It just seems so Lord of the Flies / Revenge of the Nerds over there. Heavy-handed moderators, cliques, and fucking Dragona.

dap

etiolate

if the sports group/threads of gaf disappeared, I'd probably ditch the forum forever

but i'd have to find some other time waster to replace it

Solo

Why not just visit kotaku? Seems like they get most of their news from GAf, anyways.

It just seems so Lord of the Flies / Revenge of the Nerds over there. Heavy-handed moderators, cliques, and fucking Dragona.

I would argue that (bolded) is even more prevalent here than at GAF, being that its a smaller community. Hell, this board is populated almost entirely by current and former Gaffers, so it seems an odd question to even ask (why post at GAF?).

Raban

• The baby...
I still use it as a gaming news collator. Checking one site is better than constantly frequenting the dozens that GAF uses to pool gaming news.

www.gametab.com

It's quicker, better presented, and lacks the bullshit wankfest found in a GAF thread.

Thank you so much.

I hate graphics heavy websites.
SRY

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon

I would argue that (bolded) is even more prevalent here than at GAF, being that its a smaller community. Hell, this board is populated almost entirely by current and former Gaffers, so it seems an odd question to even ask (why post at GAF?).

ya, but then, SC rarely posts here, too, and often seem annoyed with most of us.  So he probably has a post on OA asking "what's the appeal of EB?" too. ;)
MMA