Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1780644 times)

etiolate

taquerias  :heartbeat

Saint Cornelius

• Always rockin' the sawed-off wisdom.
okay what the fuck i want a divorce get your shit and get out of my house

:lol I'd rather have horchata
dap

Mupepe

• Icon
I've never really been a fan of it.  My wife orders it though and then gets mad because I pronounce it "whore-chata" and tell her she's one because she's drinking it.

etiolate

okay what the fuck i want a divorce get your shit and get out of my house

:lol I'd rather have horchata

horchata :heart

etiolate

One of my main gripes against Whitey Cruz, CA is that there is no place here that features both churros and horchata.

Saint Cornelius

really? i thought that shit was ubiquitous throughout the Sunshine State.
dap

Saint Cornelius

there is a HUGE difference between mexican cooking down south (like San Diego / LA) and up north (like San Fran), though
dap

etiolate

The city council would probably complain that having both churros and horchata would create a monopoly on delicious.

Saint Cornelius

hahaha  :D
dap

Mupepe

• Icon
After visiting Cali and tasting MexiCali food, I prefer the Texas Mexican food.  Don't get me wrong, it's delicious.  But I just like ours better.  Nothing really beats food in Mexico though.  Goddamn.  

Himu

TexMex > CaliMex
IYKYK

Saint Cornelius

Incorrect. TexMex is good but ain't none of that cowboy shit fucking with a carne asada burrito from ____bertos
dap

Himu

CaliMex is great, but damn...I can't get enough of TexMex.
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
So all this talk about good food got me thinking of this awesome pizza place in Alamogordo, New Mexico that my dad took me to.  It was the best pizza I had ever eaten and it was in a gas station.  When he passed away I took 3 trips to New Mexico and I went all 3 times and it was amazing.

I have been telling my wife about it because we're going back down there in April and I was pretty excited.  I decided to look up their website and see if any exist in Houston and one does on the North side of town.  We are totally fucking going this weekend.

I hate HATE HATE!!!! onions.  But this pizza is so good I can order a supreme and eat it with onions and everything.  It is so fucking tasty. 

I just called my wife and told her we were going and she said "what if it doesn't taste the same?" and I told her "then we'll just get it when we go to New Mexico."  But I have to try.  I mean, it's a chain so it should taste pretty damn similar.

FUCK!  FUCKING SHIT I'M SO EXCITED!

PIZZA PRO!  PIZZA PRO!  PIZZA PRO!

Himu

agreed
IYKYK

Rman

What happened to Cheebs?  Is he taking a break from forums?  I haven't seen him post on GAF at all as well.

Himu

left forums
IYKYK

Saint Cornelius

CaliMex - southern cali, that is - IS authentic mexican. I'm a half hour from the border!
dap

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow

Raban

• The baby...
So all this talk about good food got me thinking of this awesome pizza place in Alamogordo, New Mexico that my dad took me to.  It was the best pizza I had ever eaten and it was in a gas station.  When he passed away I took 3 trips to New Mexico and I went all 3 times and it was amazing.

I have been telling my wife about it because we're going back down there in April and I was pretty excited.  I decided to look up their website and see if any exist in Houston and one does on the North side of town.  We are totally fucking going this weekend.

I hate HATE HATE!!!! onions.  But this pizza is so good I can order a supreme and eat it with onions and everything.  It is so fucking tasty. 

I just called my wife and told her we were going and she said "what if it doesn't taste the same?" and I told her "then we'll just get it when we go to New Mexico."  But I have to try.  I mean, it's a chain so it should taste pretty damn similar.

FUCK!  FUCKING SHIT I'M SO EXCITED!

PIZZA PRO!  PIZZA PRO!  PIZZA PRO!

Hey if you're ever in SoCal let me know! My dad runs his own New York-style pizza joint and I'll hook you up, baby.
SRY

who is starselect ffs

fucking name changes

I'm Raban! Sorry, I've been meaning to change my name forever.

i asked for a name change a month ago and the mods said they were no longer doing it

guess i'm not part of the cool clique

eb :piss2
orl

Raban

• The baby...
who is starselect ffs

fucking name changes

i asked for a name change a month ago and the mods said they were no longer doing it

ask demi and attach a topless pic
SRY

Raban

• The baby...
does that qualify as CP? ban Kosma, leper Malek
SRY

who is starselect ffs

fucking name changes

ask demi and attach a topless pic
demi wouldn't want to see me topless. i would probably have more luck dressing up like a anime loli and asking lyte edge.
orl

Solo

(Image removed from quote.)

Half of GAF's Girl-Age threads could be summed up with this pic  :lol

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Taco Bell is like the fast food that I've convinced myself isn't fast food, thus dodging my "no fast food" rule. If I don't feel like cooking and don't want a greasy pizza, I just get a few chalupas or burritos from there.

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
how'd you manage to convince yourself of that?  :lol

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
Mexican food is shit, regardless of regional differences.  Here in LA, for quick and easy food, I'd go for any type of Asian over Mexican. 

etiolate

I could live without nachos, but I don't want to.

Phoenix Dark

Mexican food is awesome dude  ???

Smooth Groove

PD, when I'm making money in a few years, come visit me and I'll show you what's awesome with a juicy piece of aged, Wagyu beef. 

Phoenix Dark

Does it come in black? :smug

Barry Egan

I'm sure its come in a few.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
İ@İ™

Barry Egan

:lenowned

Smooth Groove

It's scary how gay EB is. 

Am I the only one that actually thinks of beef when talking about beef? 

Phoenix Dark

speaking of gay, check out the nsfw thread. needs some work

Barry Egan

come visit me and I'll show you what's awesome with a juicy piece of aged, Wagyu beef. 
              /

oh and check out this article I wrote when you get the chance: http://www.theonion.com/content/node/33540
            /

Jansen

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20323320
the current skin I've got going for my personal forums (morning cafe) I think is a good example of what could be done with forums

WHAT
THE
FUCK

those forums are so ugly that i really can't believe s/he was serious.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 11:02:23 PM by Jansen »

Smooth Groove

Funny article. 

I had a friend in college who claimed that he let gays give him BJs when he was growing up in the Phillipines.  He didn't think that made him gay because he was still only interested in banging chicks.  Does letting a guy blow you count as a gay act? 

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
the current skin I've got going for my personal forums (morning cafe) I think is a good example of what could be done with forums

WHAT
THE
FUCK

That pretty uguuu~ or whatever.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.

WHAT
THE
FUCK

They got banned for that post?
İZH

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
NeoGAF designers are all bloody amateurs. Some of them talented, but I have yet to see a usable, professional looking design come out of their discussions. The pros wouldn't be giving away their shit for free, nor would they try to pimp themselves as "fellow graphic designers."

And speaking of which, I need to just plain drop "graphic designer" from my CV. Not sure what to replace it with, but talk about one diluted "title."

On topic, that dude's design was crap, but m0dus' defense that there are a lot of the designs missing really misses the point. Less is more, dildo.

Jansen

They got banned for that post?

yeah thread derail was the reason given. not surprising seeing as how users are getting banned for far less in that thread.

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
The new design is pretty darn bad.  Most of the little mock-ups people are posting are better.

I made a post earlier today that included the word "Ew."  I wonder if I'll get banned? :hyper
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 11:28:22 PM by Bildi »

Barry Egan

:rofl

B     E     L    I    E    V    E

duckman2000

The new design is pretty darn bad.  Most of the little mock-ups people are posting are better.

Still bad, though. I'd be the last person to rip on aspiring designers given that I'm completely self-taught, but these dudes need to learn a few things before waltzing their stuff around as professional solutions. Then again, I can see how the shitness of the admin approved design could make them feel like they have a shot at it.

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
(Image removed from quote.)

:rofl

B     E     L    I    E    V    E

I've kept my complaints so far to the functional aspects of the change.

But that.

That is not an improvement.  Good grief.
MMA

Barry Egan

« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 12:00:45 AM by My F*cking Grandpa »

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
I know I've already said this today, but fuck me if that Google Search isn't lame as shit.
MMA

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
Still bad, though. I'd be the last person to rip on aspiring designers given that I'm completely self-taught, but these dudes need to learn a few things before waltzing their stuff around as professional solutions. Then again, I can see how the shitness of the admin approved design could make them feel like they have a shot at it.

Frankly, there is so much wrong with the original that I think every amateur mock up is bound to be an improvement in some way.  It's just amazing.

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
I've kept my complaints so far to the functional aspects of the change.

But that.

That is not an improvement.  Good grief.

I will keep my opinion on the logo to myself as I guess personal tastes come into it, but how a "professional" can slap those elements over and around that horizontal line and be happy is not easy to understand.

Arbys Roast Beef Sandwich

• •••
Is m0dus an actual... graphic designer? I mean, does he actually get paid for shitting out his brand of tacky 1998-era "art?"
うぐう

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
I think someone does pay him money.  Didn't he make some PS3 themes or something?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
I've been branded with hideos.

That's the best tag EVAR! :lol Let me suck your peener, Evilore!  :hyper /gaf
İ@İ™

duckman2000

Is m0dus an actual... graphic designer? I mean, does he actually get paid for shitting out his brand of tacky 1998-era "art?"

No idea, but like I said, that damned term is so fucking diluted now that it's not even funny. Between every college shitting out flocks of graduates each year and happy hobbyists, it really makes it a pain in the ass for those of us who actually do make our living through it.

Arbys Roast Beef Sandwich

• •••
true dat. Any kid with a pirated copy of Photoshop can call himself a "graphic designer" nowadays.

wtf is this shit:

also this guy gets it:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20322897&postcount=970
うぐう

Saint Cornelius

Mexican food is shit, regardless of regional differences.  Here in LA, for quick and easy food, I'd go for any type of Asian over Mexican. 

oh wow dude your opinion sux

spoiler (click to show/hide)
actually yawl do have some amazing asian shit going on up there - so do us fhaggy san diegans but whatever
[close]

spoiler (click to show/hide)
your opinion still sucks though. rolled tacos > pork bun
[close]
dap