Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1780408 times)

Himu

Alfarif in the trans thread at gaf is creepy.

He keeps flirting with all trans girls and has the most posts in the thread.

Reallly creepy.  :(
IYKYK

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
Alfarif in the trans thread at gaf is creepy.

He keeps flirting with all trans girls and has the most posts in the thread.

Reallly creepy.  :(

Seems right in line with most dudes who flirt with the few girls on the board.

Himu

There's nothing wrong with having fun and joking around like how we do the "cock pics" in-joke over here at EB, but this guy has crossed the line. :lol
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
I was shocked to see he was a big black dude, even more so when he revealed himself dressed up in cosplay or whatever that shit was.

I mainly lurk the thread for pics of Jaime  :)

Himu

Ugh

The pic of him in the dress....
IYKYK

Robo

HIM?  WHAT

NOOOO
obo

Phoenix Dark

I'll all into transgender relations but this is just gay

OptimoPeach

The mustache really ties everything together
hi5

drew

• sy

I gotta be honest, that's how I picture basically everybody who posts on GAF.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
And Evilbore. :shh
[close]

drew

• sy
90% of evilbore is good looking

me included :-*
[close]

Robo

shit, trapped again  :'( :'( :'(
obo

Himu

:rofl

(Image removed from quote.)
I'll all into transgender relations but this is just gay

That's not gay, that's creepy! Why would anyone post this? And he says he has a wife?
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

[youtube=560,345]Jvw1QzpWTCg[/youtube]
Follow Gavin Mcinnes as he stays awake for 5 Days with ZERO sleep, Documenting the World Movie Watching Championship. As 8 contestants compete for a Guinness Book World Record “Most consecutive movies watched without sleeping.” Gavin quickly looses his shit and the film takes a sharp left turn into the depths of insanity and the disturbing underbelly of the american subconscious… Soundtrack by JAY ELECTRONICA, DJ Honda, RJD2, EL-P, The Death SET and others.

day one

Holy shit the production lineup for that soundtrack almost made my face melt off :o

Phoenix Dark

they call me jay electronica
FUCK THAT
Call me Jay ElecHannukah
Jay ElecYarmulke
Jay ElecRamadaan Muhammad Asalaamica RasoulAllah Supana Watallah through your monitor

:bow

Himu

Those lyrics are stupid and cheesy as fuck. Glad I don't listen to hip hop regularly anymore.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

fuck you

[youtube=560,345]Jc09HB7nEbA[/youtube]
:bow :bow :bow

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
I just don't get rap.
dog

drew

• sy
:bow gavin mcinnes :bow2

:bow adderall :bow2

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
Those lyrics are stupid and cheesy as fuck. Glad I don't listen to hip hop regularly anymore.
This- he sells it through flow.

drew

• sy
by the way that has been out for awhile now, and i dont know if you know the story but it was originally going to be backed by netflix but after they watched it they backed out because they are a "family brand" so hes putting it out himself with decon

Phoenix Dark

smh

How is it cheesy? It's one of the best examples I can think of in terms of expressing the universal nature of religions (from his perspective) in rap.

Fresh Prince

You're reaching....

Phoenix Dark

That's Jay's explanation, and one I thought of the first time I heard the song. But whatever

Jay Electronica :bow

Fresh Prince

He said it because it rhymes. This is like Rosa Parks.

Phoenix Dark

I'm talking about the meaning.

anyway
[youtube=560,345]GezNFRgVkHg[/youtube]
:bow

Fresh Prince

He said it because it rhymes first, than looked for a 'meaning' afterwards.

Himu

This is why it's hard to take rap seriously anymore past the great beats and the occasional good lyric. although there's definitely exceptions, even those guys continue to harp on the same subject matter they've been rapping about for decades now.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

And you know that how exactly, given Jay's own words on how he wrote his song and the meaning of it? smh

Phoenix Dark

This is why it's hard to take rap seriously anymore past the great beats and the occasional good lyric. although there's definitely exceptions, even those guys continue to harp on the same subject matter they've been rapping about for decades now.

Oh god not this, coming from you of all people. The broad generalizations need to go dude. You don't know what you're talking about.

Himu

smh

How is it cheesy? It's one of the best examples I can think of in terms of expressing the universal nature of religions (from his perspective) in rap.

What about Talib Kweli's song where he's like,"You only scared of god if you ain't livin' right maaayyyyyyyynnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeee?"
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

link it

then go listen to some decent rap instead of bitching about how bad mainstream rap is. You certainly don't treat any other genre like that do you ("rock sucks because what's on the radio sucks lol").

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
rap is dum
nat

Fresh Prince

How are two references to Judaisim and one reference to Islam = expressing the universal nature of religions?

Hanukah = Festival of lights
yarmulke = Jewish skullcap
Ramadaan Muhammad Asalaamica RasoulAllah Supana Watallah = festival, prohpet and he can't even be bothered to spell the rest of it right.

What does this all have in common? Nothing.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 08:30:37 PM by Fresh Prince »

Himu

Oh god not this, coming from you of all people. The broad generalizations need to go dude. You don't know what you're talking about.

I'm not saying all rap is like this, because I'm obviously a fan of rap. But don't act like these rappers always have a bigger plan and strive to make their work artistic when it's mostly just flash and attempts to sound cool via rhyming.

There is nothing deep about those lyrics you posted. They come off as something someone made up, like fresh prince said, because it rhymes.
IYKYK

Fresh Prince

I actually liked Talib Kweli because he'd put the lyrics first at the expense of flow etc to get his point across.

Phoenix Dark

How are two references to Judaisim and one reference to Islam = expressing the universal nature of religions?

Hanukah = Festival of lights
yarmulke = Jewish skullcap
Ramadaan Muhammad Asalaamica RasoulAllah Supana Watallah = festival, prohpet and he can't even be bothered to spell the rest of it right.

What does this all have in common? Nothing.

The point of universality in terms of embodiment of all. Different names, same thing (person). I got the lyrics from a lyrics site, and I'd imagine you know that but are simply trolling

I'll let Jay explain it
http://bunyanchopshop.blogspot.com/2009/12/hanukkah-radio-2009-jay-electronica.html
(the first 3 minutes or so)

edit: Himu, do you consider hip hop artistic?

Himu

link it

I apologize. Was thinking of a different song.

[youtube=560,345]nLShUH5GR6w[/youtube]
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

I actually liked Talib Kweli because he'd put the lyrics first at the expense of flow etc to get his point across.

He crams too many words into his bars and is one of the most off beat rappers in the genre; I've noticed the new stuff I've heard of his features him rapping to the beats, but it's weird because they're slow (the new RE songs) and it sounds like he's being shackled. That being said, obviously a great rapper regardless. Although I've never been able to listen to him for long periods (ie solo albums)

Himu

Like any form of music, it can be.

I consider Tupac artistic. I consider Illmatic artistic. I consider the bulk of College Dropout artistic.

But the bulk of hip hop I've listened to isn't really artistic. Despite enjoying it, for example, I couldn't label Life After Death or even 36 Chambers artistic. They feature lyrics that don't really make me think or question well, anything. They have no meaning.

Redman and whatever his name is saying,"I'll fucking, I'll fucking sew your asshole closed and keep feedin' ya, and feedin' ya." is funny, but artistic? lol
IYKYK

Fresh Prince

Tell me what the festival of lights, the Jewish skullcap and "Ramadaan Muhammad Asalaamica RasoulAllah Supana Watallah" have in common?

At best it's superficial.

Himu

When he says supana does he mean subhana, like...from subhanakallamin?
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

I consider Tupac artistic. I consider Illmatic artistic. I consider the bulk of College Dropout artistic.

But the bulk of hip hop I've listened to isn't really artistic. Despite enjoying it, for example, I couldn't label Life After Death or even 36 Chambers artistic. They feature lyrics that don't really make me think or question well, anything. They have no meaning.

Redman and whatever his name is saying,"I'll fucking, I'll fucking sew your asshole closed and keep feedin' ya, and feedin' ya." is funny, but artistic? lol

Seems like a horrible description of "art" and would probably eliminate many non-hip hop albums you like.

Free associative rhyming is an art, it's poetry. Not labeling 36 Chambers as art because it features some battle rhymes is ridiculous, especially considering the amount of storytelling on the damn album. Art (in terms of music) encompasses more than simply lyrics.

Himu

Seems like a horrible description of "art" and would probably eliminate many non-hip hop albums you like.

Free associative rhyming is an art, it's poetry. Not labeling 36 Chambers as art because it features some battle rhymes is ridiculous, especially considering the amount of storytelling on the damn album. Art (in terms of music) encompasses more than simply lyrics.

How is that a horrible description of art?

Art is supposed to have meaning or convey an emotion, it is a form of expression. Expressing how much you hate your life in the ghetto when you're a millionaire means nothing without true genuine expression of feelings.

If that disqualifies a lot of hip hop albums I like, so be it.

This has true artistic merit:

[youtube=560,345]TN_wqRJ_F1k[/youtube]

And on the other side of the coin, so is this:

[youtube=560,345]otx49Ko3fxw[/youtube]

Call me a snob, I don't give a fuck. Because someone works hard and they think they're deep does not validate their work befitting the word "art".

See how the two songs I linked have meaning or are trying to convey a message and aren't just rhymes put together because they sound nice?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 09:49:59 PM by Himuro »
IYKYK

etiolate

With a laptop and my ebook, I'm pretty set.

Speaking of which, does Teddman have an account here?

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391661

this is the worst OP I've ever seen. 

Talib Kweli works better as a feature on other people's records than on his own for sustained periods of time. He's a great rapper but not one whose albums I have on constant rotation.

People say the same thing about Aesop Rock and various other indie dudes with abstract flows, but at least with Ace it doesn't bother me a bit. DAT FLOW :-*

Phoenix Dark

Art is supposed to have meaning or convey an emotion, it is a form of expression. Expressing how much you hate your life in the ghetto when you're a millionaire means nothing without true genuine expression of feelings.

Quite the slippery slope. Many rappers did indeed grow up in poor conditions. Are they not supposed to rap about their upbringing once they make it big? Conversely, should a pop or R&B singer stop making songs about heartache if they're in a happy marriage/relationship?

Or consider storytelling, whether it's folk, country or mafioso rap. Is that not art if the performer is detailing something they have not experienced?

Call me a snob, I don't give a fuck. Because someone works hard and they think they're deep does not validate their work befitting the word "art".

See how the two songs I linked have meaning or are trying to convey a message and aren't just rhymes put together because they sound nice?

I wouldn't call you a snob, I'd call you ignorant. Art is not defined by emotional depth, it's the expression of emotion. Your description would completely disregard abstract art, free associative poetry/writing, and other expressions that don't fit your close minded opinion, which changes every other month depending on whatever breeze of air you decide to define yourself with.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 12:39:04 AM by Phoenix Dark »

Fresh Prince

What is 'art'? Is probably the most difficult thing to define. You guys should just stop already.

Phoenix Dark

Art has many meanings, but to put it in a box and declare only the most complex emotional expressions can be labeled "art" is ridiculous.

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive

Guess what? That Insane Clown Posse video? That's art, too.

Himu

Shake to say that Britney Spears music videos are "art" next.

Though, yes. That ICP song is definitely art. It has an actual meaning and message. If PD thinks there's an underlying powerful message behind 36 Chambers, power to him.
[close]
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 01:17:29 AM by Himuro »
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

Tearz, Can't It Be So Simple, Cream? Not to mention the rest of the album, full of various expressions of emotion. Or the influential production

smh

Fresh Prince

Let me play this then. What if the consumer of material, finds meaning in the material even though the material maker did not intend it?

Phoenix Dark

Let me play this then. What if the consumer of material, finds meaning in the material even though the material maker did not intend it?

Art elicits emotion

36 Chambers is art, too. One really shouldn't have to explain why.

Fuck, even Britney Spears is art. You may not like it or agree with it or see an appealing message there but it is art. Or, at the very least, the application of an artistic form. Music is an art form.

Phoenix Dark

36 Chambers is art, too. One really shouldn't have to explain why.

Fuck, even Britney Spears is art. You may not like it or agree with it or see an appealing message there but it is art. Or, at the very least, the application of an artistic form. Music is an art form.
this

[youtube=560,345]PSbCJlHwbOk[/youtube]
[youtube=560,345]Qyt0tAwDAPc[/youtube]
[youtube=560,345]W1NGxru85OU[/youtube]
art. now where's my killer tape bitch