Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1780555 times)

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
Gabon is a true internet hero though. Catching feelings so the rest of us don't have to.  :'(

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
I hadn't noticed much before

Hadn't noticed?  ???

That's been his whole gimmick along with posting weird news since he arrived at that board.

Not that I'm above gimmick posting myself.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 02:17:05 PM by Stoney Mason »

Crushed

• i am terrified by skellybones

Hadn't noticed?  ???

That's been his whole gimmick along with posting weird news since he arrived at that board.

I guess I stayed out of those threads or just ignored his posts before.
wtc

Stoney Mason

Hadn't noticed?  ???

I guess I stayed out of those threads or just ignored his posts before.

He's a decent enough poster when he isn't trying to be Mr. Super Libertarian. 

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
I agreed with him in the Bachman thread actually, but normally he's on a solo rampage.

Stoney Mason

I agreed with him in the Bachman thread actually, but normally he's on a solo rampage.

Not familiar with the thread although as a general principle GAF definitely has lots of double standards based on whatever is the prevailing group think popular at the moment.

This is of course counter balanced by Gaborn's tendency to leap to the defense of any bigoted public figure conservative while raging at any liberal who doesn't 100% agree with his views.

Stoney Mason

So does every gaffer have a gimmick?

I pretty much post what I want to post, I don't really have a set of rules.

Even I'll admit to engaging in a bit of gimmick posting over there but that's generally because I was trying to prove some larger point.

Ultimately once you start doing that though, its a sign you probably you stop posting at all because its simply a fucking forum. 

Mupepe

• Icon
Himu is being creepy in the trans thread on GAF.
Most of that thread is creepy.  Especially Alfarif or whatever.  Good fucking God. 

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
Gimmick posting is for people who want to get noticed. I'm perfectly fine with using forums to ask questions engaging in the occasional debate. Don't really see the point in rushing news threads to get the perfect pun or be the first one to post the airplane.jpg.

edit; why are you pplz reading the trans-thread anyway? It's obviously going to be littered with creepy-ass people and transsexuals high-fiving over how awesome they are (going to become).

magus

• LIKES FF7
lol icecream thread
spoiler (click to show/hide)
am i doing this rite?
[close]
<----

Mupepe

• Icon
edit; why are you pplz reading the trans-thread anyway? It's obviously going to be littered with creepy-ass people and transsexuals high-fiving over how awesome they are (going to become).
I read it to see how creepy Himuro was acting in there :lol

Raban

• The baby...
God as hot as that Jamie poster is, what an attention whore. Who has the time to spill out essay-size musings about how terrible their life is? The worst part is because of the thread content, people feel inclined to pretend to care, so it's just more fuel for the fire.
SRY

Chinner

Who is this Jamie fellow?

Phoenix Dark

Veidt

cool breeze

So does every gaffer have a gimmick?

I pretty much post what I want to post, I don't really have a set of rules.

Even I'll admit to engaging in a bit of gimmick posting over there but that's generally because I was trying to prove some larger point.

Ultimately once you start doing that though, its a sign you probably you stop posting at all because its simply a fucking forum. 

I think few people on gaf have a gimmick that works, like astrolad.  If I had a gimmick (I kinda do it over here too) it would be like massive hyperbole or something like that, and it is usually for games I didn't like that much (recently God of War 3).  But that's generally because I find people who post like that of gaf to be hilariously insincere.

Robo

My gimmick is that you can't tell what my gimmick is. :shh
obo

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
Your gimmick seems to be changing your avatar everytime you post.
Drunk

Robo

I'm having an identity crisis.  I'M NOT ALLOWED TO BE MYSELF
obo

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
this guy being creepy in some cheeseburger thread

oh no that guy is creepy

we get it you distinguished effete fellows

Why are people reading the cheeseburger thread at all? Fucking creeps :punch

Chinner

gimmicks can be fun, it just gets tiring when gaf copies you and then it's time to dump it, like fukking puns.

Himu

How am I acting creepy? I'm no cheeseburger chaser like Phoenix.
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Why are people reading the cheeseburger thread at all? Fucking creeps :punch

They're trying to pick up "women".
©@©™

Himu

Maybe I feel like a woman  :-*
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon

How am I acting creepy? I'm no cheeseburger chaser like Phoenix.
I didn't say you were.  I said I looked to see how creepy because of Rebiak's comment.  The only weird thing I saw you post was about the f2m stuff.  But that wasn't creepy.

Himu

It's just curious why there are so many m2f  (well, as many as you could count from an already small number of people) but few f2m. You'd think that more women would find being a man desirable than men would find being a woman desirable. I know men are the majority, but still! What's with that? Is it because we're all female as fetuses and this helps cause developmental case of transgendered men?

I just had to ask.
IYKYK

Himu

Then feel me like a woman.

I'm not attracted to guys, honey.  :-*
IYKYK

Another beat I made today in FL9. Still getting the hang of it, but this is a pretty snazzy program :bow

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

DJ_Tet

It's just curious why there are so many m2f  (well, as many as you could count from an already small number of people) but few f2m. You'd think that more women would find being a man desirable than men would find being a woman desirable. I know men are the majority, but still! What's with that? Is it because we're all female as fetuses and this helps cause developmental case of transgendered men?

I just had to ask.

Well, if I had to look at Hollywood/Famous people examples, are there any famous m2f transitions?  Because there is Chastity (Chaz?) Bono who has recently transitioned to a man.

I was going to bring this up in the cheeseburger thread but perhaps it would be better coming from you.

I'd like to know how they feel about Bono being the 'face' behind the movement if there are any well-known m2f transitioners.
TIT

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
Lana Wachowski  :-\

Arbys Roast Beef Sandwich

• •••
fifteen pages of games vs. art and those ugly-ass fucking cheeseburgers.

Really, Bore?
うぐう

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
Michigan Brat Pack and Black People :bow2

Veidt

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=393454

:rofl
:rofl

Really, Bore?

Also this. Too many posts concerning games vs art and cheeseburgers. :-\

drew

• sy

Really, Bore?

dont forget the intricate neogaf analyzation!

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
THOSE EYES!  :o

Diunx

I don't get the cheeseburgers, I mean why would anyone CHOOSE to lose the ability to pee standing up? it boggles my mind.
Drunk

aoi tsuki

God as hot as that Jamie poster is, what an attention whore. Who has the time to spill out essay-size musings about how terrible their life is? The worst part is because of the thread content, people feel inclined to pretend to care, so it's just more fuel for the fire.
They're long but informative and whatever introspective bits that are in there come with that type of thread. Same with GayAge or whatever the equivalent gay thread is. Given her experiences and i'd say the fact that she passes so well, i think a lot of M2F trans look up to her.

I just had to ask.
Did you ask in the TransGAF thread?

Related: i ran across this earlier today as i was scanning some sex blogs:

http://stillblackfilm.org/

And i wasn't gonna say anything, but yeah Alfarif... :-/ FWIW i think he did say something about being very in touch with his feminine side, basically being genderqueer although still dressing as male. But fuck, he's on every page.

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
I don't get the cheeseburgers, I mean why would anyone CHOOSE to lose the ability to pee standing up? it boggles my mind.
You can get a dick piercing that will do that to you. Much more (time/cost) efficient.

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
Wait, dick piercings do that?
if you get one that goes through your pee pee hole, like an apadravia, then yeah, you're gonna be drooling pee for as long as that sucker is in there.

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
how would they soften your pee pressure? gotta block the piss for it to slow down son. Science.

Costanza

wait jamie is a cheeseburger?

fuck

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator

fuck

How many times have you fapped to his pictures?
©@©™

Costanza

how would they soften your pee pressure? gotta block the piss for it to slow down son. Science.
Alright I guess.

fuck
You honestly didn't know?  :lol
dude I had just skimmed through the pics thread once and thought she looked kinda cute. Haven't really been following it.

fuck.

Diunx

fuck

Costanza! I sent you a pm asking for the walking dead pilot script the other day!
Drunk

Costanza

oh yeah i got that when i was out and forgot about it.

here http://rs532.rapidshare.com/files/365451604/The_Walking_Dead__12-15-09__Darabont.pdf

Himu

Did you ask in the TransGAF thread?

Yes.
IYKYK

Diunx

:bow Costanza :bow2
Drunk

Beezy

Really, Bore?
seriously, smh

Diunx

Man this is excellent! that hospital scene was awesome.
Drunk

etiolate

My gimmick is that you can't tell what my gimmick is. :shh

How post-ironic

I don't have a gimmick, but people feel the need to assign me a gimmick so that they can feel better about what I say.

Phoenix Dark

drew

• sy
personality = schtick when on the internet ::)

etiolate

I can't tell if thats a boob or dick joke

even the joke is a cheeseburger

Mandark

• Icon
How post-ironic

I don't have a gimmick, but people feel the need to assign me a gimmick so that they can feel better about what I say.

Fittingly, your gimmick is an abiding belief in your own indefinable uniqueness.

Shuri

People can screw what they want, but those guys seem to be in hardcore pain in that cheeseburger tread. I must admit I laughed when one of them described how he saw sex now he was modded. It's kinda weird how now it's the most stereotypical female view of sex

Shuri

What's is the new standard term for clithanger in a transsexual thread? I need expert advice.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
What's is the new standard term for clithanger in a transsexual thread? I need expert advice.

Gash troll?

Inverted denizen?

Synthetic clit hanger?
:9