Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1781102 times)

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
Tonya

DJ_Tet

Yeah you're going to get banned, Dragona said she'll help em out.

It won't accomplish anything if they leave guest viewing on.  I'll just be even more diligent in fucking with them.

TIT

etiolate

Help the trans members out?

Here's the thing, the trans thread and its most active members proliferate and celebrate female stereotypes more than anywhere else on the forum. Far too much of the m2f voices are voices that equate female gender to something out of an anime cartoon. The discussion often dissolves to ditzy banter and teeny-like concerns over nail polish and how one's hair looks that day. For the crap Himu gets, he at least gears the discussion to actual exploration of the trans issue and engages in those discussions. Outside of that, it's Legally Blonde 3. And posters like Alfarif or whatever his name is seem most enticed and attracted to the anime maid girl aspect of the behavior of m2f posters in the thread.

It's not that you can't have girly interests, it's that you have people deciding they are female based on an idea of female gender that is entirely void the real issues of being female, and is instead surely footed in playing a stereotyped and diminutive role.

And if I'm defending woman-kind, that pisses me off.  

etiolate

Don't worry. I'm not killing the messenger.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Can someone please do a cleaner version of this?

« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 02:15:44 PM by Zero Hero »
©ZH

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Like this?
©ZH

etiolate

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
oh, y'all so gay for each other... You should just fuck and get it out of the way. I'll just sit here and watch...

DJ_Tet

When did she say that?  Or are you talking about the same incident I was?

That was a little different, those people were going into the trans thread and talking about them. 
TIT

Arbys Roast Beef Sandwich

• •••
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20602395&postcount=1928

tinypic replacing all the cheeseburger pics is working out pretty well
うぐう

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
Drunk

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
Drunk

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story

Here's the thing, the trans thread and its most active members proliferate and celebrate female stereotypes more than anywhere else on the forum. Far too much of the m2f voices are voices that equate female gender to something out of an anime cartoon. The discussion often dissolves to ditzy banter and teeny-like concerns over nail polish and how one's hair looks that day. For the crap Himu gets, he at least gears the discussion to actual exploration of the trans issue and engages in those discussions. Outside of that, it's Legally Blonde 3. And posters like Alfarif or whatever his name is seem most enticed and attracted to the anime maid girl aspect of the behavior of m2f posters in the thread.

It's not that you can't have girly interests, it's that you have people deciding they are female based on an idea of female gender that is entirely void the real issues of being female, and is instead surely footed in playing a stereotyped and diminutive role.

I'd agree with this, as a poster in the thread.

I've stopped posting because it has essentially turned into the type of "girl on internet" thread we've made fun of over the years.

1. girl airs out her insecurities in thread
2. guys flock in telling her she's amazing
3. girl thanks guys for their encouragement, has nice day
4. next day: girl breaks up with bf/gets fired/feels shitty/is turned down/etc, cries
5. guys flock in telling her she's amazing
etc

At some point words of encouragement don't mean shit if the person simply doesn't like who they are, or simply likes the attention received. I'm sure the transition process is painful and leads to lots of self doubt, but every single post by Jaimie and Lexi either boils down to

1. I look horrible
2. Thanks for telling me I look good
3. I feel so girly right now

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
I think transsexuals and the process is much more interesting from a distance. Never understood your need to crawl up in there next to that creepy nicca in a pink dress himu...

Himu

I agree, which is why I haven't really participated in that discussion in the thread. I have a bigger interest in exploring trans issues and helping people deal with possibly having gender identity disorder than I do with the anime maid complex, which kinda disgusts me. I've been trying to help that junpei guy in the thread by suggesting to him that that there are ways to feel effeminate without transitioning. For some people that's enough, for others it's not. It seems to be less about trans and trans issues and more about girly talk, or something. I dunno.

This is why and this is just an example, if I had gender identity disorder - maybe I do, maybe I don't - I wouldn't display it for all to see.
IYKYK

Himu

I think transsexuals and the process is much more interesting from a distance. Never understood your need to crawl up in there next to that creepy distinguished black fellow in a pink dress himu...

I don't care about that guy. I care about discussing trans issues, though.
IYKYK

Himu

Why should that matter to you?
IYKYK

Skidmark

its photoshoped, I can't find the original but she doesn't look anything like this.

Anyway, I am really starting feel sorry for Himu, I would have rage quited this forum a long time ago if I were him  :lol

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
I'm with you himu-chan, but I just don't think it's particularly worthwhile to discuss these issues with the people that populate that thread. The fact that they chose to congregate on a video game message board riddled with nerds of the sexually inept archetype fucks it all up and makes it an exercise in ego stroking, just like you said yourself a couple of posts up.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
I think transsexuals and the process is much more interesting from a distance. Never understood your need to crawl up in there next to that creepy distinguished black fellow in a pink dress himu...

I don't care about that guy. I care about discussing trans issues, though.

:rofl
fat

Himu

I'm with you himu-chan, but I just don't think it's particularly worthwhile to discuss these issues with the people that populate that thread. The fact that they chose to congregate on a video game message board riddled with nerds of the sexually inept archetype fucks it all up and makes it an exercise in ego stroking, just like you said yourself a couple of posts up.

I guess.
IYKYK

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
kinda disappointed in dj_tet goin' after the trannyfolk like that. he was one of my favorite oa-type posters -- which is saying something -- but getting sociopathic shitwits like olimario to dog people like that is pretty repulsive. ah well.
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned

I agree, which is why I haven't really participated in that discussion in the thread. I have a bigger interest in exploring trans issues and helping people deal with possibly having gender identity disorder than I do with the anime maid complex, which kinda disgusts me. I've been trying to help that junpei guy in the thread by suggesting to him that that there are ways to feel effeminate without transitioning. For some people that's enough, for others it's not. It seems to be less about trans and trans issues and more about girly talk, or something. I dunno.

This is why and this is just an example, if I had gender identity disorder - maybe I do, maybe I don't - I wouldn't display it for all to see.

oh come on. the trannyfolk in that thread are clearly fairly closeted and repressed, and the thread -- a single thread! -- is a harmless outlet for them to experiment a bit. so they act like twee stereotypes. so what? if "tweeness" merited censure, i woulda asked for etoilet's banning eons ago. jesus christ. no-one makes you READ these threads! if i was forced to read even half the threads on evilbore, i probably would have murdered half of you by now.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 04:48:52 PM by Professor Prole »
duc

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
oh come on. the trannyfolk in that thread are clearly fairly closeted and preressed, and the thread -- a single thread! -- is a harmless outlet for them to experiment a bit. jesus christ. no-one makes you READ these threads! if i was forced to read even half the threads on evilbore, i probably would have murdered half of you by now.

This.

The more weird thing to me is the people that seem to be fixated on that thread over here since its constantly referenced.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
The thread probably need some outrage between the fawning and alfarifoof slappin' dat' hog.
:9

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
it didn't need anything. it was on topic, and it didn't spill into any other threads. not sure why folks felt the urge to bust it up -- well, okay, i know why they did, and it's pretty fuckin' cretinous.
duc

Mupepe

• Icon
Himuro has a gender identity issue?

Jamie was hot.  I wish her pics were still up.

Himu

oh come on. the trannyfolk in that thread are clearly fairly closeted and repressed, and the thread -- a single thread! -- is a harmless outlet for them to experiment a bit. so they act like twee stereotypes. so what? if "tweeness" merited censure, i woulda asked for etoilet's banning eons ago. jesus christ. no-one makes you READ these threads! if i was forced to read even half the threads on evilbore, i probably would have murdered half of you by now.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. There's nothing wrong with an outlet.

Himuro has a gender identity issue?

No.
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
But you agreed to him being pissed off about them using their outlet to "celebrate female stereotypes".

I'm shocked that people are shocked that a transsexual thread has very feminine discussion.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
it didn't need anything. it was on topic, and it didn't spill into any other threads. not sure why folks felt the urge to bust it up -- well, okay, i know why they did, and it's pretty fuckin' cretinous.

Not condoning it but my post was just regarding they're pointed interest about the other board and random dudes bringing it up. It seems like they got a great examples of ignorant dummies haw haw'ing like high schoolers and now its gone on to serious matters like discussing that ignorance. I also agree with you about crossing the streams, I always thought trying to link nastiness from OA to be pretty messed up.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 05:00:14 PM by BlueTsunami »
:9

Mupepe

• Icon
But Himuro, you said "maybe I do, maybe I don't"

and now you just say no.

Which is it?

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
himu: you're agreeing with etoilet, who was makin' wahjah over the faux-feminine histrionic antics and GURLTALK! Y CAN'T HIMU READ
duc

Himu

But you agreed to him being pissed off about them using their outlet to "celebrate female stereotypes".

I'm shocked that people are shocked that a transsexual thread has very feminine discussion.

I'm not pissed about it. But I do feel that some of the stereotypes are overbearing, like Etiolate. That said, stereotypes do exist for a reason. I think it's a good thread and I like the people so I participate.

himu: you're agreeing with etoilet, who was makin' wahjah over the faux-feminine histrionic antics and GURLTALK! Y CAN'T HIMU READ

I should have said I agree to an extent, because I don't fully agree with him.
IYKYK

Himu

and now you just say no.

Which is it?

Maybe.
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
How is it overbearing though?  It's in a very suitable place.  They're not gang raping threads in a group and derailing it with nail polish and fashion gossip.

Mupepe

• Icon

and now you just say no.

Which is it?

Maybe.
We can buy you some cute lil dresses and find out next time you're in town. :)

Himu

IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
I'm not gay.  Promise.  Just wanna see if I like the way you look in a dress.  Promise.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
himu needs some waves of pleasure

:tauntaun
duc

DJ_Tet

Again, I made the thread and deserve some of the blame for the shit that spilled over but I did not introduce the cheeseburger thread to OA.

It had been talked about for a few weeks.  Hell, I thought Jamie was hot as hell, hence my thread.  I didn't make it to turn into a Lexi bash thread and I honestly didn't think Jamie would take it as badly as she apparently did.

Apologies ring hollow though which is why it's pointless to offer one, especially in that thread.  
TIT

Himu

How is it overbearing though?  It's in a very suitable place.  They're not gang raping threads in a group and derailing it with nail polish and fashion gossip.

What's overbearing are the guys fishing for points.
IYKYK

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Okay, as someone who is not paying attention, what the fuck did DJ Tet do?
PSP

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
he forgot that oa's schtick is tortured self-justification for sociopathic internet behavior, and made an oa thread about gaf's cheeseburger thread, which attracted the usual set of broke-down dramatards who then proceeded to http-hatefuck the fragile cheeseburger set across boards. basically, he handed the burlap bag and the sticks to a bunch of screwed-up kids and then noted that someone had left stray kittens in the barn. :(
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 05:11:13 PM by Professor Prole »
duc

Stoney Mason

What's overbearing are the guys fishing for points.

It probably is. But at least its segregated to a specific thread. There are people on GAF (and frankly over here) who are fishing for attention and they do it across multiple threads on a daily basis.

Hell OA is an entire board dedicated to trolling for attention.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Why do people post at OA ???
PSP

Third

• BODY TALK
I think I've only posted once or twice in the GAF transsexual topic. Only for outing my respects to them. Haven't lurked much since then.
All I know is that the Alarif dude is creepy. Really creepy. I bet he wouldn't be such a creep if the trans were real girls.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
oa is NOTHING but fishing for attention, and it sure as hell ain't confined to one thread -- or board, or the internet, even. so the cheeseburger thread has some oily clitdick-hangers. so what? NO-ONE MAKES YOU READ THAT SHIT.
duc

Stoney Mason

Why do people post at OA ???

So you can call someone a distinguished black fellow or a taco without a word censor would be my guess.

Awful forum but whatever.  

Third

• BODY TALK
Lexi even posted in the OA thread.  :lol
Don't know why she did that.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
she's stupid and butthurt. oa kinda relies on that reaction.
duc

Stoney Mason

Lexi even posted in the OA thread.  :lol
Don't know why she did that.

That was dumb. All you have to do is take a two second scan and see its a waste of time and a shit forum. Posting on that board is attention whoring in and of itself. Which is worse than anything that could occur in that transgaf thread.

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
I haven't read OA since back when that under-age asian girl was spamming nudes and what-not. Checked out DJ_tet's thread now, and they seem very angry over there. :(

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
I haven't read OA since back when that under-age asian girl was spamming nudes and what-not. Checked out DJ_tet's thread now, and they seem very angry over there. :(

I'm gonna take a guess...lemurs?
AMC

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
lemurs! yes, I had forgotten her name. Did she die?

Third

• BODY TALK
No, she still posts there. But I'm sure it's a jc.

OA tore Lexi a new one.  Not the best place to go when you're in her situation.
But the place likes  you more when you make fun of yourself. And Lexi was way too serious about the whole situation.
Sonarrat is openly gay on the forum, and he even likes to fuck animals. And he has a lot of supporters there. They still call him a cigarillo, but they call everyone like that.

Been lurking OA since 2003. The place has really gone to the shitter now, though.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Holy crap, lemurs spammed nudes? :yuck
PSP

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
You envy her petite frame, don't you Willco?  :-*

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
No, that is genuinely disgusting.
PSP