Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1780919 times)

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
http://twitter.com/FakeNeoGAFMod

Evilore took over the account and is "working with Twitter" to find out who started it so they can be permabanned.

He's also deleting every tweet about the GAF subscription plan.
CBG

Himu

Why is he doing that? Why is he so tight-assed about people talking shit about gaf? Who cares? So he hijacks someone's twitter account because they don't like gaf? I don't get it. Why does it matter?
IYKYK

Himu

Also: pay to post on gaf? Gaf is not Something Awful...I'm assuming it'd be an optional thing, though. Honestly, I'd probably pay if it meant better content. But there's no way I'd pay if it was just Gaming and O-T only. That's few too many boards for a pay site.
IYKYK

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
I'm still assuming that's all an elaborate ruse
AMC

Himu

Yeah, I'm not believing it. It seems like a ridiculous gaf hate site, but does that justify the grounds for hijacking it and "working with twitter" to delete it? Seems a bit much.
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
That twitter is hilarious
fat

etiolate

either way

i learned eluv likes tolstoy

etiolate

sometimes I wonder what sort of adhesive Konex uses to keep his balls from running away from him

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
Why is he doing that? Why is he so tight-assed about people talking shit about gaf? Who cares? So he hijacks someone's twitter account because they don't like gaf? I don't get it. Why does it matter?

Dude has the thinnest skin possible. He's an ass.

End of Story.

I doubt the subscription thing is true but if it was I would laugh my ass off.

Himu

Also: pay to post on gaf? Gaf is not Something Awful...I'm assuming it'd be an optional thing, though. Honestly, I'd probably pay if it meant better content. But there's no way I'd pay if it was just Gaming and O-T only. That's few too many boards for a pay site.

:lol better content. You think paying a subscription would somehow turn people into rational human being and not losers that get all hurt over sales data and exclusives?
I was mostly talking about the forums themselves. Like, if the make it a paysite, there's no excuse to NOT make it like SA: feature multiple forums for certain subjects so as to spread the community off into different sections, this would cause less friction and less trolling and probably higher quality posts in general. With a paysite they could allow a no bullshit tolerance stance on console warriors and viral marketers. If they followed SA's model it could turn out decent.

With a paysite, standards are (and should be, rightfully so) increased. That is all.

But...this is gaf. So lol
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 12:00:01 AM by Himuro »
IYKYK

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
whoever wrote this twitter is certainly curmudgeonly enough to be well received here.  Do we know who it is yet?

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
.Owner identified. Was indeed a mod. No, I will not name him. Permabanned. Will delete all of these posts tomorrow. That is all. --Tyler
oh my :teehee
___

Himu

* Himuro goes to mod list

All of the mods are still on the list, but I can't check who's banned or not because I'm banned lol
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 12:21:08 AM by Himuro »
IYKYK

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
he's not gonna name the mod

ok. so then we'll just wait and see which mod doesn't post anymore.  or that^^
nat

Stoney Mason

.Owner identified. Was indeed a mod. No, I will not name him. Permabanned. Will delete all of these posts tomorrow. That is all. --Tyler
oh my :teehee
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
HAhahahah, so fake... or is it? :o
:9

Himu

omg  :lol
IYKYK

Barry Egan

maybe this is just the first chapter of a GAF ARG.

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
Someone invite that dude

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
I hope its amirox, that would prove to stick it to both him and evilore
püp

AdmiralViscen

Red Dead Redemption players, don't join EviLore's online posse--it has the same shitty rules as NeoGAF.

:lol

I ran into EviLore's mom the other day. Asked her about GAF. "What the hell's GAF?" she asked. Way to make a momma proud!!!

Did you hear that GAF got rid of some of it's most idiotic rules? No? That's 'cause it will never happen as long as EviLore's in charge.

Speaking of GAF IRC: irc://studio64.yi.org/ga You're welcome.

If you think Dragona is bad on GAF when she's on the rag, hopefully you won't ever see her in real life at the same time. Yikes.

Hey, you! Yeah, you, GAFer with a pregnant wife! If you aren't posting during the birth your ass is gone. Prioritize, bitch.

@JRpotential Well, I play video games, as do almost all GAFers. I also cry at the meaninglessness of my existence as a GAF mod.

Heard a GAF member got banned yesterday for posting an article from The Onion. Know why we ban people like that? Because we're pussies.

:lol
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 12:30:20 AM by AdmiralViscen »

Barry Egan

I'm putting my money down on Hitokage.

Himu

That was Hito? No wayyyyyyy. Then again I did see a note on the twitter about how on gaf you're banned for making fun of gay people, but in gaf irc people say cigarillo all the time. He made a ban on usage of "cigarillo" and "distinguished effete fellow" in #ga ways back. Still don't think it's Hito, though. It's not really classy, and Hito is mostly all class.
IYKYK

AdmiralViscen

Added "NeoGAF Moderator" to my résumé today. You've got to impress if you want to land a job flipping burgers at Mickey D's!

Told my 74 year-old neighbor today that I banned him from GAF. "What's GAF?" he asked. "If you have to ask," I said, "you deserve the ban."

By the way, if any of you jokers mention me on GAF, I'll ban you. Don't even think about it.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
I really just find the twitter account pretty embarrassing. Always figured it was a butthurt perma'd member.
AMC

Himu

:lol This is a mod.

He often makes comments about atheist gaf as well. I bet you it's iepatus. Same dry humor and witty rebuttals.

I really just find the twitter account pretty embarrassing. Always figured it was a butthurt perma'd member.

Same
IYKYK

AdmiralViscen

That was Hito? No wayyyyyyy. Then again I did see a note on the twitter about how on gaf you're banned for making fun of gay people, but in gaf irc people say cigarillo all the time. He made a ban on usage of "cigarillo" and "distinguished effete fellow" in #ga ways back. Still don't think it's Hito, though. It's not really classy, and Hito is mostly all class.

Nah, whoever has the twitter wants you to be able to say cigarillo.

I saw a guy on GAF today tell someone he wanted to rape his mother. Let that slide. Saw another guy call someone a slur for a homosexual...

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator

embarassing? why? :lol

Jesus Cajole
fat

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
My troll appreciation is low, demi! Teach me.
AMC

Barry Egan

He often makes comments about atheist gaf as well. I bet you it's iepatus. Same dry humor and witty rebuttals.

Forgot about him.  That's totally who it is.  He was always interested in religious debates and often hedged against atheism in favor of agnosticism.  

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator

No, I'm asking why is that embarassing :lol
fat

Himu

Forgot about him.  That's totally who it is.  He was always interested in religious debates and often hedged against atheism in favor of agnosticism.  

By the comments in the twitter he seems religious though.
IYKYK

Stoney Mason

I'm putting my money down on Hitokage.

I wish it was. He was one of the mods I liked and my respect would only increase if it was.

EDIT: For what its worth I actually don't have an issue with most of the mods over there. I don't care for Evilore. Amirox is definitely annoying. There was another one that I can't remember the name of who I actively didn't care for. The rest I was indifferent to or I actually liked them.

2nd EDIT: Remembered his name. Teknopathetic I think. Don't like that dude either.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 12:57:07 AM by Stoney Mason »

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon

No, I'm asking why is that embarassing :lol

Because it just seems like butthurtness on public display.

Edit: Of course, if it really *is* a mod, then that changes things.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 12:48:57 AM by CajoleJuice »
AMC

AdmiralViscen

I was scoping out an old roommate on Facebook and had a laugh:

H: Hey Chris, how are you doing? What's up? I hope all is well! Speak to you later. PS What's a Monster Hunter Tri? Do I want one?

Chris: I'm.. Ok I guess, trying to get my life in order, got a job so thats one thing off the list (though its not really what I want it will do for now to pay the bills) Other then that... not much you dont already know. I know nothing changes much with me how boring. and Monster Hunter Tri is a game for the Wii where you hunt dinasaurs looking things ... See Moreand dragons and (single player or you and three others online for free) and carve up the bodies to get hide and horns and other things to make your villiage prosperous and make you new armor weapons, household goods etc. its fun because you have to think you can't just run in and hack away... you would get killed.

:spin

etiolate

hope its fake

i kinda liked iepatus

I recall him being able to comprehend what other people are saying. A rare thing on the net these days.

DJ_Tet

Oh man, I'm lol'ing if Gaf Gold comes to pass.  Even better if it's actually more expensive than Something Awful.

Has any other message board site even been able to have a successful subscription-based membership?

I'd pay $10 just to access SA, I rarely even post there.  I'm pretty sure I could do without GAF if I had to pay to access it.  Definitely if it's a yearly sub ala ESPN, Gamespot or IGN. 

edit:  How can Evilore get access to the Twitter account?  What makes gaf a celebrity worth protecting?
TIT

Raban

• The baby...
I'm really interested in knowing what Dragona looks like irl.

hope its fake

i kinda liked iepatus

I recall him being able to comprehend what other people are saying. A rare thing on the net these days.

that dude permabanned me :maf
SRY

etiolate

sorry :|

gaf bans have no rhyme or reason

Raban

• The baby...
true dat
SRY

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
Oh man, I'm lol'ing if Gaf Gold comes to pass.  Even better if it's actually more expensive than Something Awful.

Has any other message board site even been able to have a successful subscription-based membership?

I'd pay $10 just to access SA, I rarely even post there.  I'm pretty sure I could do without GAF if I had to pay to access it.  Definitely if it's a yearly sub ala ESPN, Gamespot or IGN. 

edit:  How can Evilore get access to the Twitter account?  What makes gaf a celebrity worth protecting?

He probably lied to Twitter and said the guy was impersonating GAF or something.
CBG

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
[youtube=560,345]SBuKuA9nHsw[/youtube]

Raban

• The baby...
Evilore really is quite the piece of shit. He out-does himself like every day. I can see him wake up every morning with a smirk on his face, simply saying,

:smug "How much more of an ass can I be today?"
SRY

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
PSP

ManaByte

I wonder if Evilore knows that even if he deletes the posts they're still archived forever in the Library of Congress Twitter archive :rofl

They've been archiving Twitter for a while.
CBG

OptimoPeach

Can someone summarize the drama for me? I'm really high and my marbles are all gone and I can't make sense of any of this
hi5

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Can someone summarize the drama for me? I'm really high and my marbles are all gone and I can't make sense of any of this

Someone has a twitter account (originally called "NeoGafMod" ?) and apparently EviLore took control of it (now called FakeNeoGafMod ?)

I dont thnk its drama, just funny
fat

Costanza

im pretty sure that "takeover" is a joke. and it's always been "FakeNeoGAFMod"

Himu

:lol if the "takeover" is a joke because we actually believe it'd be something that would result from gaf drama
IYKYK

treythemovie

* Himuro goes to mod list

All of the mods are still on the list, but I can't check who's banned or not because I'm banned lol
The only banned mod I can see is Vennt, but his account was already deleted a couple of weeks ago. That's assuming this 'takeover' and account are even real, which is dubious at best.

T-Short

• hooker strangler
heh. terrible twitter
地平線

DJ_Tet

If BP can't stop the joke twitter, no way Evilore can just take over a gaf twitter. 
TIT

Costanza

what happened with Vennt?

treythemovie

what happened with Vennt?
Not sure. He had been butting heads with Evilore for awhile, and had even been de-modded once already a while back. So I suppose that after the whole Apple/Ipad thing, Evilore had had enough.

archie4208

Vennt was an Apple fanboy who banned people for defying Steve Jobs.  Good riddance.

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
Still don't get it. :derp

Stoney Mason

If its Vennt that would be disappointing... (Totally forgot he existed as a mod)

Mainly because I didn't really like him so I won't be able to give him a virtual dap.

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
The use of the GAF Gold joke confirms its a joke account.

In answer to inquiries: it's not GAF Gold. GAF Gold is for pricks who want to feel 1337. This is a subscription for existing GAF.
4:45 PM May 26th via web
brb

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
heh. terrible twitter

Spill the beans, man.  :-*
©ZH