Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1780491 times)

Mupepe

• Icon
fucking homos

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

magus

• LIKES FF7

the internet is the fucking shit sucking black hole anus of the generation and i frankly hate almost every aspect of it.

Why have i wasted any time at all on other peoples fucking opinions? I don't give a fucking shit about whether people are upset about Webbush Morigan or whatever her name is anymore. I'm just so so so fucking bored of it all.

MAF was right.

two weeks with limited internet in the ass of the UK will sort me out now doubt. I just seriously am at the point where the internet physically repulses me.
Its just GAF, dude. People are distinguished mentally-challenged fellows, and we're here on our ivory tower laughing at them and throwing rocks.

But Morgan is HIDEOS. When you see her in person, woooo boy.

yea pretty much... after getting angry so many times at stupid things like that i learned that it's stupid to get angry in the first place
<----

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
posted on gaf but..

[youtube=560,345]ItZyaOlrb7E[/youtube]

:lol

I've never seen so much effort put into a basic rock beat.  i love how people are saying how fuck awesome this guy is, when he's just solidly playing a freaking 4/4 ZZ Top song...something most people could be taught to play in a week or less.  :lol 

I love his little tricks though, what a bad ass!

Beezy

Its just GAF, dude.

nope, it's not. it's people.
yeah

Skidmark

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

Beezy

Beezy my neezy whats the heezy?  :(
Nothing. Just saying that people are extremely annoying on the internet, period. It's not just GAF. It's any board or social site. EB is usually fine though, just gotta ignore a few idiots.

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
Ok, I realize I might be oversensitive here, but when people attack women with women specific derogatory remarks I can't help but feel there's some sexism or whatever in play. Can't she just be shitty at articulating herself, why she gotta be a bitch?  :-\

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
Ya.

What she said wasn't even offensive! She articulated herself poorly, but her general point came across just fine. I remember when Kat Bailey was on the Area5 show, talking about Demon's Souls I think, and the thread was literally people whining about having to look at her. Then she came into the thread and all hell broke, but no one was banned. some ol' buuuullshit.

edit: found the thread I mentioned: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=385845
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 11:57:08 AM by Brobzoid »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397254

COME HERE IF YOU WANT TO STROKE MY EGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
nat

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397254

COME HERE IF YOU WANT TO STROKE MY EGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm normally a defender of that dude but that's a bit creepy.

Mupepe

• Icon
If I was him I'd ask money for the actual signature.  Get it while you can, Gary.

Wasn't he attached to the live action Akira movie?  I'd get him to sign that probably.  But not Book of Eli.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
AMC

Mupepe

• Icon
Shouldn't Witta be able to get Blu-Rays and DVDs for free from Warner Bros. ?
He probably is and is just charging for the signatures. :lol

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
You're all laughing now, but you'll wish Wilco was this thoughtful when you want your Candy Land: Gumdrop Edition DVDs signed.

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.

Doubt it. The movie bombed. They're probably even making Denzel buy a copy if he wants one.
CBG

Mupepe

• Icon

Doubt it. The movie bombed. They're probably even making Denzel buy a copy if he wants one.
Domestic:      $94,835,059        62.2%
+ Foreign:     $57,751,066       37.8%
= Worldwide:     $152,586,125    

Production Budget: $80 million

I don't think it really bombed.  Seemed to do alright and should make a nice profit after dvd and blu ray sales.

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
[youtube=560,345]kNXb5roCBUY[/youtube]

THEY HAVE A NEW SINGLE!

I got offered to go see them and I think I might. I'm curious as to who the hell goes to these shows.

You have to go, take pictures, and report your findings. Come on, you know it'll be the most ridiculous shit ever!

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
Someone tell Beezy that his photobucket account has exceeded the limit bandwidth, all of his pics are total fail now.

Nah, Beeyz's just using that pic ironically as his avatar.  

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
(Asian) Friend sent me this... #4 is extra hilarious if you look at the picture involved.

http://www.livescience.com/health/10-surprising-sex-stories-100330-1.html
^_^

Beezy

Someone tell Beezy that his photobucket account has exceeded the limit bandwidth, all of his pics are total fail now.
Yeah, gotta wait until the new month starts. I need a new pic host. :(

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
(Asian) Friend sent me this... #4 is extra hilarious if you look at the picture involved.

Men who are very sexually active in their 20s and 30s -- especially those who masturbate frequently -- are at higher risk for prostate cancer, said researchers at the University of Nottingham.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
AMC

Beezy

Barry Egan

Men who are very sexually active in their 20s and 30s -- especially those who masturbate frequently -- are at higher risk for prostate cancer, said researchers at the University of Nottingham.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

define frequently.

Robo

It says "20s and 30s".  Best get in all the tugs you can while it's still safe to do so.
obo

Barry Egan

I just wonder what their definition of frequent is.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Wait, I thought it was the other way around...

ME TOO
AMC

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
up yours science freaks. At least the Scripture is consistent.  :lol

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=385845

Quote from: evilore
Women have it the worst, though. Far too much of how they're treated from that point on in an internet circle tends to depend on beautiful or ugly, and it can drown out normal interactions in either case to such an extent that it's often best to remain text on a page. Fortunately our community is pretty respectful of our own, and we're pretty good about keeping to appropriate areas for the positive end of that sort of thing.

lol what.

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
CBG

ManaByte

CBG

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

etiolate

eh Webb deserved to be called out for providing an immature argument based on Mario's lack of 'maturity'. (Morgan Protip: A mature gaming discussion would concern itself with how the visuals work with the overall game and theme, not complain about lack of HD and that a game with a semi-hallucinogenic cartoon feel has a wacky cartoon look.) I just wish more press got called out and that they would be called out without personal insults.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
I don't get it, people are upset because Horseface McGee called Mario "cartoony" ???

Will people also be upset when I refer to RDR as "western-y" or Dead Space as "violent"?
PSP

Stoney Mason

I don't get it, people are upset because Horseface McGee called Mario "cartoony" ???

Will people also be upset when I refer to RDR as "western-y" or Dead Space as "violent"?

The real crux of the argument is a "maturity" argument she is trying to make. She does a pretty poor job of it imo which is where some of the heat is coming from. That being said Nintendo fanboys would be on the attack no matter what the argument was.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
It looks like it's for kids, I don't get why that's a problem. If you like kiddy junk, who cares? I played Banjo Kazooie, which was obviously designed for infants, but I still had fun. Don't get upset when someone calls a spade, a spade.
PSP

etiolate

Calling Mario cartoony is astute. Citing it as a fault with the game is rather dumb.

Stoney Mason

It looks like it's for kids, I don't get why that's a problem. If you like kiddy junk, who cares? I played Banjo Kazooie, which was obviously designed for infants, but I still had fun. Don't get upset when someone calls a spade, a spade.

Like I said her argument is more that she is beyond such a look. She is too mature to play a game with such a look.

I don't agree with that argument at all. That being said it doesn't make me angry that somebody has such an opinion as the OP in that thread suggests I should. And if you want to argue against her opinion its pretty easy to stick to just regular argumentation methods as its not a very sophisticated argument.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Video games are subjective. Maybe she hates cartoony stuff, and in her mind, that is a fault. I hate emotionally manipulative Oscar bait, but plenty of films have won that award. Who the fuck cares about someone else's opinion?
PSP

Saint Cornelius

• Always rockin' the sawed-off wisdom.
I would still totally push her penis aside and give her a good rogering
dap

etiolate

Like I said her argument is more that she is beyond such a look. She is too mature to play a game with such a look.

I don't agree with that argument at all. That being said it doesn't make me angry that somebody has such an opinion as the OP in that thread suggests I should. And if you want to argue against her opinion its pretty easy to stick to just regular argumentation methods as its not a very sophisticated argument.

Yeah. Unfortunately the responses don't easily pick her argument apart and instead get snagged up by the trollish basis from which it comes.

She can make the statement that Up would have been a better movie if it looked like Gears of War, but I imagine that if anyone said that on a film review show they would be immediately called out. Instead, because gaming has a history of being afraid of its own nature, we get a View-esque atmosphere where the ridiculous becomes magnificent.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 02:40:15 PM by etiolate »

Stoney Mason

Yeah. Unfortunately the responses don't easily pick her argument apart and instead get snagged up by the trollish basis from which it comes.

This is what always trips up fanboys because they aruge from emotion rather than logic. I would argue from a logic and puzzle solving aspect Mario Galaxy is more "adult" than most of the games you find on the 360 or PS3. If there is an argument to be had its there. Arguing over whether Mario is cartoony looking and whether that's a fault is fairly dumb.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
I would still totally push her penis aside and give her a good rogering

:lol

... again, she doesn't like kiddy stuff. That's her prerogative. Why is this an issue? Does anyone require Morgan Webb's seal of approval to play a game? Are folks so insecure that the mere possibility of disdain for Nintendo products sends Internet dudes into a seething rage?
PSP

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
She can make the statement that Up would have been a better movie if it looked like Gears of War, but I imagine that if anyone said that on a film review show they would be immediately called out. Instead, because gaming has a history of being afraid of its own nature, we get a View-esque atmosphere where the ridiculous becomes magnificent.

What? People do this all the time. I remember when Batman Begins came out, there were critics who slammed it for not being campy enough or light-hearted like the Adam West and Joel Schumacher incarnations. Why? Because that's their opinion.
PSP

Stoney Mason

Honestly don't really care. I think her argument is fairly lame and her opinion is odd especially in an interactive medium but that's the point. Other than me saying I disagree with her opinion but as in all things she is entitled to her opinion there isn't a lot to chew the fat over. Not to mention consider the source. No one especially considers her or G4TV to be all that relevant when it comes to game criticism. No game designers are listening to this and hurriedly changing their game designs based on what she said or what is going on in that thread. It's a lot of arguing over nothing. Which is what a lot of GAF threads boil down to.   
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 02:49:43 PM by Stoney Mason »

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

I don't really view it as her argument is destroying the integrity of videogame faux-journalism, or even all that ludicrous, just that her personal preferences don't align with mine. And that's fine. We obviously don't play games for the same reasons, and I don't eat my dinner from a hay bale. Whoopity-doo.
PSP

etiolate

Nobody is saying she cannot have a ridiculous opinion. The problems are: the rest of the people with her just sit quiet or nod their heads, the audience reaction is just as ridiculous and her ridiculous opinion is overly common in the press. I really would not care what she had to say if not for the thread of reactions. The thread and her statements highlight an entire hobby/medium talking about a concept they have no clue about: maturity. She makes an immature approach to a subject she approximates to maturity(letting the word slip out during the talk) and is naive to her own immature approach to it, that or she is stating it just for reaction.

Gaming has to get to a point where it can speak of maturity from a matured form of itself instead of speaking of maturity out of its own fear of immaturity. Webb is just more of the problem, as is the reaction.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
She certainly didn't voice her opinion too well, she just kept saying "Cartoon-y" but other than that the people rolling up their sleeves and pushing back their spectacles in response need to chill the fuck out.
:9

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
In this thread, etoilate cannot comprehend personal tastes and takes the entire industry to task for not understanding real maturity, which Super Mario Galaxy 2 - what with its existentialist themes and strong character arcs - has on full display, despite its Crayola-inspired look and marketing aimed at children.

Poor Nintendo, won't anyone realize how deep its well of creativity truly is?
PSP

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
In this thread, etoilate cannot comprehend personal tastes and takes the entire industry to task for not understanding real maturity, which Super Mario Galaxy 2 - what with its existentialist themes and strong character arcs - has on full display, despite its Crayola-inspired look and marketing aimed at children.

spoiler (click to show/hide)

ITS A-ME, MARIO!
[close]
:9

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

Wilco you are such a fool.  Obviously if you have studied the deep implications of Kojima V.S. Tetris you would understand that etoilate is right.  O how pedestrian you are!

Robo

When Jarmusch did Italian stereotypes, people said, "ART".
obo

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
I saw Morgan at E3 5 years ago.  She's a lot more petite in person.  The man-jaw wasn't that noticeable from 10 ft away but she wasn't particularly attractive either. 

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
up next why Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors is the best take on the Isreali crisis Pirates of Dark Water is the best take on Somalia's piracy issues and why Thundercats is the best cultural response to circumcision we have ever produced
Tonya

Mandark

• Icon

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
Tonya

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
PSP