Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1781131 times)

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
That comic is ETHER
:9

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
it gets a lot of use when people get Nostarded
Tonya

etiolate

In this thread, etoilate cannot comprehend personal tastes and takes the entire industry to task for not understanding real maturity, which Super Mario Galaxy 2 - what with its existentialist themes and strong character arcs - has on full display, despite its Crayola-inspired look and marketing aimed at children.

Poor Nintendo, won't anyone realize how deep its well of creativity truly is?

You didn't even know what Morgan had said when entering the discussion, failed to understand what the discussion was about and ended up with misrepresenting the discussion to try to dance out of it.

Perhaps the reason there is such vitriolic crying on the internet about what people say is because there is no space allowed for the serious discussion that would nurture the debate into something fruitful.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Perhaps the reason there is such vitriolic crying on the internet about what people say is because there is no space allowed for the serious discussion that would nurture the debate into something fruitful.

:rofl

Cajole, do you have an animated .GIF of Elaine doing the whole, "GET OUT!!!" bit? I want that right here. :lol
PSP

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Man, I wish there was a place where monocle clad, cane-twirling gentlemen such as ourselves could go and discuss how much they disapprove of an adult saying they did not like a game with a cartoon aesthetic developed for children. Alas, we are stuck with the rest of these insufferables!

And I do believe one of these ruffians stole my pocket watch! :tophat
PSP

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
In this thread, etoilate cannot comprehend personal tastes and takes the entire industry to task for not understanding real maturity, which Super Mario Galaxy 2 - what with its existentialist themes and strong character arcs - has on full display, despite its Crayola-inspired look and marketing aimed at children.

Poor Nintendo, won't anyone realize how deep its well of creativity truly is?

You didn't even know what Morgan had said when entering the discussion, failed to understand what the discussion was about and ended up with misrepresenting the discussion to try to dance out of it.

Simmer down.  It's just his opinion. 

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
Just don't go to GAF!

i don't go there much and i rarely actually get annoyed with GAF these days as i just don't care about what gets said there. As i say, it's a wider boredom with just dumb people in general - they've always been there of course, just the internet means they are there for everyone to see.

On the internet it's easy to ignore but real life, FUCK.

Himu

Someone tell Beezy that his photobucket account has exceeded the limit bandwidth, all of his pics are total fail now.
Yeah, gotta wait until the new month starts. I need a new pic host. :(

photobucket sucks.

get flickr.
IYKYK

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
Flickr :rock

If you don't need to save shit online then www.imgur.com is pretty good

Himu

Even facebook is preferable to fucking photobucket.
IYKYK

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
Even facebook is preferable to fucking photobucket.

You can't hotlink an image that's hosted on facebook.
CBG

Himu

I've done it multiple times.
IYKYK

Beezy

Someone tell Beezy that his photobucket account has exceeded the limit bandwidth, all of his pics are total fail now.
Yeah, gotta wait until the new month starts. I need a new pic host. :(

photobucket sucks.

get flickr.
What about picasa? I'm already a google whore thanks to Android.

etiolate

I link to my facebook images all the time.

Skidmark

prove it.

etiolate

Most of what I post in the pics thread is from FB. My webhost went down this year.

Skidmark

Are you eating something in your facebook display pic?

etiolate

oui

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
I would like to be the first to welcome our robotic monkey overlords:
CBG

ManaByte

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
CBG

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Arbys Roast Beef Sandwich

• •••
look, it's a wrestling ginger :lol
うぐう

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Raban

• The baby...
How the hell can I raise my ration on What.cd when everything I download is sorta old with no peers? yola/optimo, help :(

go to the first page and look for popular shit that's getting leeched a lot, download it, let it seed for like a week. voila.
SRY

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
How the hell can I get a what.cd account btw
___

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow

Could've been better.

CurseoftheGods

• just hanging around, being shitty
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=21647903&posted=1#post21647903

In this thread, Nintendo fans believe the 3DS will have HD console graphics.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
I don't get it, people are upset because Horseface McGee called Mario "cartoony" ???

Will people also be upset when I refer to RDR as "western-y" or Dead Space as "violent"?

How could you not get it?

Nintards believe that certain Nintendo games are not allowed to be criticized in any way, shape or form.  Its how they flew off the handle at the commercial poking fun at Mario Kart.  Its how they flew off the handle at 8.8.  Certain games are not allowed to be criticized in the eyes of many a Nintard.  Only devoted, unquestionable worship is allowed.

I agree more and more with dcharlie these days.  My patience for pubescent fuckwittery (and its manchild equivalent) on the internet dwindles by the day.
🍆🍆

magus

• LIKES FF7
<----

treythemovie

I agree more and more with dcharlie these days.  My patience for pubescent fuckwittery (and its manchild equivalent) on the internet dwindles by the day.

Oh com'n now, they're only 13. They don't know any better. Personally, I would be mad at the parents who let there little ones run free on the internet to shit up every forum possible.

etiolate

[youtube=560,345]mpaPBCBjSVc[/youtube]

Skidmark

etiolate

edited cuz people keep getting angry when I bring real shit in
=|
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 04:10:42 PM by etiolate »

Skidmark

Why did you edit it out? it was very interesting and I wanted to reply to it :/

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
That was pretty awesome Skidmark thanks.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
For Fistful

[youtube=560,345]aenKOURJeoE[/youtube]

:teehee

etiolate

In respone to RSA you tube Secret Powers of Time

^^ If you go back to study the issue of time perspective he speaks of, you find the change's genesis isn't a current phenomena, but something that began as soon as we had an agreen upon time so that things like trains and buses have schedules that people can rely on. An always present clock in society was needed for train schedules. Once you had "being on time" you also had the disgust with "waiting".

From then on the issue just sort of steamrolls and builds.

Strangely, this comes from studying detective books which were commonly sold at train stations and their storiesfeatured the issue of time. So, not only the issue of the anxiety of being on time created the start of this, but that in these stories the idea that where you can be found guilty due to where you are at a certain time created more anxiety.

the youtube point seems to be that on top of this we have the anxiety of it 'is it worth the time?" Why must time be worth something? Because time now has accountability.

Sooooooo

Ever since we started an established and shared recording of time, our perspective of time has continually been a shrinking perspective. And though a clock says time is passing the same in the middle of Kansas as it does in the middle of New York, the concept of time is passing differently because an hour in the middle of Kansas may not be asked to be accounted for, to be filled in, to be asked a task of. While an hour in new york, or here amongst us internet folk is being asked those things.

[youtube=560,345]l7AWnfFRc7g[/youtube]

this one is interesting too, especially amongst the increasing tendecy to reduce or attack selfhood in certain flows of thought

the RSA animate thing is interesting because it is doing a multitasking double commentary that perhaps attempts to work with the problem being spoken of in skidmark's video
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 04:40:57 PM by etiolate »

etiolate

I also find the illusion created by these youtubes, the illusion that these visual interpretations of the talks are happening and created at the same time as the talks to be amusing. I see it as being playful with Roland Barthes' idea of the scriptor who "is born simultaneously with the text, is in no way equipped with a being preceding or exceeding the writing, [and] is not the subject with the book as predicate."

Skidmark

I found the video that you posted more interesting than the one that I did, but what I found interesting about mine was that I am the kind of a person that has difficulties saving money or planning for the future and can easily do things that I know aren't good for me. Its not really motivation or intelligence its just my interests I guess.
I have always hated literature and history classes because they felt very passive, and enjoyed physical education and experimental sciences and doing labs.
This is basically how I feel and behave in a history class:

Bebpo

etiolate

worst lectures I had were a combo of historical notes, white guilt and unmitigated jargon

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21651956&postcount=2002

Rpg elitists make me ashamed to enjoy rpgs.

hes making a fair point, though? Especially if you take the post to include all games, not just RPGs. Most reviewers are fucking noobs is what I got out of his statement, which I agree with. I guess Im an elitist gamer  :-\

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
He does make a valid point there, albeit one steeped in arrogance. It would be like someone who has a slow reaction time writing about a fast-paced action game, in that they would be more likely to get frustrated with core aspects of the title that may not be a problem at all for most other people.
dog

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
History/poli science was one of my favorite classes

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
History/poli science was one of my favorite classes

History and poli sci :rock :rock :rock.

Finally finished reading the authorized history of MI:5 today. :rock
MMA

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
You can't hotlink an image that's hosted on facebook.

wat
MMA

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
[youtube=560,345][youtube]

Thanks for this.
©ZH

Bebpo

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21651956&postcount=2002

Rpg elitists make me ashamed to enjoy rpgs.

hes making a fair point, though? Especially if you take the post to include all games, not just RPGs. Most reviewers are fucking noobs is what I got out of his statement, which I agree with. I guess Im an elitist gamer  :-\

Well, as a counterpoint, I think reviews are meant for the mainstream audience.  They are meant to be accurate to the widest amount of people, which is your average gamer.  If a game is only good if you are an expert gamer who is good enough to "get it", than a review that says the game is good is misleading since 90% of the people who read that review and go buy the game will not find it good. 

But the reason that post bugs me is just the elitist view that you have to earn your right to be good enough to review a game, which is fucking balls.  That's why there are multiple reviews for any product.  Look at Rotten Tomatoes.  Maybe some of the reviews don't have enough knowledge of a subject to review a movie about it, but that's why there's dozens of other reviews to counter it. 

ManaByte

CBG

Raban

• The baby...
And the feminist movement is set back yet another 500 years.
SRY

chronovore

• relapsed dev
I saw Morgan at E3 5 years ago.  She's a lot more petite in person.  The man-jaw wasn't that noticeable from 10 ft away but she wasn't particularly attractive either. 
It's the function of her geek cred that allows her any king of place. Women who are actually into the geeky stuff are so few and far between that a lot of latitude has to be granted in the search for an attractive one... who is also willing to go in front of a camera to be adored for those geeky qualities.

There's Shoko Nakagawa in Japan who fills a similar role, and more or less acts as proof of this postulate.

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
How so? If they 'stuck by their man' they would be.

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
[youtube=560,345]Z99sVFQ2liM[/youtube]

Oblivion

I saw Morgan at E3 5 years ago.  She's a lot more petite in person.  The man-jaw wasn't that noticeable from 10 ft away but she wasn't particularly attractive either. 
It's the function of her geek cred that allows her any king of place. Women who are actually into the geeky stuff are so few and far between that a lot of latitude has to be granted in the search for an attractive one... who is also willing to go in front of a camera to be adored for those geeky qualities.

There's Shoko Nakagawa in Japan who fills a similar role, and more or less acts as proof of this postulate.

Yep. It always bothered me. I mean, she was supposed to be the high water mark for the 'gamer grrl' stereotype? :yuck

Raban

• The baby...
How so? If they 'stuck by their man' they would be.

I was talking more about how she reacted like a stereotypical crazy bitch, thus widening the gap of fear and misunderstanding between genders. No problem if you're angry, but buying a billboard, defacing two cars angry? Yeah, no.
SRY

Skidmark

To those of  you who have seen the eat da poo poo video here is an interesting documentary about the anti-gay movement in Uganda. I haven't watched yet but will start watching it now.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
pcp