Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1780925 times)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
:bow hard mode
fat

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
I can't wait for ed hardy to get popular over here. :-\

Cute story though. :heart it's all love with bros.

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
Hey guys I wrote this, berate me!
The Life Between Two Wheels

He loved to ride his motorcycle. Every aspect that combined to form the final act was praiseworthy to him. The burning fire between two wheels. Handlebars set in front could be the reigns to the furious beast he dared to tame. The act of riding itself was a barrage of sound and fury. In front of him the road would melt, and behind him an implosion of vision. The vibrations grabbing every nerve and shaking for dear life in a sarcastically simian manner. His hands not tied or glued to his unholy reigns, but focused and comfortably gripped across the clutch and the brake. His feet were planted under him, for he never cared for low-seated bikes and he gently guided his shift like a composer with his wand.

His face was always flushed. Red and compacted in his helmet, he would sometimes ponder riding without one, but the idea of his head being safe, even in the extreme climate that one finds oneself on the saddle of a motorcycle, lent confidence and security not worth sacrificing for the freedom found in wind coursing through his hair like a thousand hands. He knew many roads, simply a means to an end for cagers, the term for four-wheeled drivers, for a motorcyclist the roads were waves to be carved, strokes to be brushed, notes to be played. He swung the bike with immeasurable power, sliding through the turns with the grace of a dancer.

He never liked describing his hobby as riding. He called it bonding. The relationship between man and bike was something he likened to the relationship between man and steed. Atop the beast, you could only suggest the direction your companion should make. He felt he and his fellow riders were the modern cowboys. Risking life and limb for what boiled down to an adrenaline rush. But he found that was all he had to live for. Straddling the thin line between excitement and death like he did the bike itself brought him all the joy in the world.

there's like an entire cocktail bar's worth of mixed metaphors in just the first paragraph

Indeed.  Is he riding a motorcycle that doubles as some kind of flaming mechanical horse with a trumpet for an asshole that makes loud tooting sounds and deep vibrations as it goes?

You had an arse full of farts that night, darling, and I fucked them out of you, big fat fellows, long windy ones, quick little merry cracks and a lot of tiny little naughty farties ending in a long gush from your hole. It is wonderful to fuck a farting woman when every fuck drives one out of her. I think I would know Nora's fart anywhere. I think I could pick hers out in a roomful of farting women. It is a rather girlish noise not like the wet windy fart which I imagine fat wives have. It is sudden and dry and dirty like what a bold girl would let off in fun in a school dormitory at night. I hope Nora will let off no end of her farts in my face so that I may know their smell also.

http://loveletters.tribe.net/thread/fce72385-b146-4bf2-9d2e-0dfa6ac7142d

Haha, I immediately remembered that from high school.

Raban

• The baby...
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

homg
SRY

Raban

• The baby...
Duh. I'm not convinced you're being serious, so look for them yourself! :maf
SRY

Robo

That song is so awful. 
obo

Raban

• The baby...
I LOVE IT
:heartbeat :heart :heart :heartbeat
SRY

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
Look at all that occult imagery  :omg

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
pcp

Mupepe

• Icon
ME TOO

you guys are so gay :heart

And that video gives me a seizure

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
Screw Lady Gaga and watch this

[youtube=560,345]M3Zad5_eWVA[/youtube]

So awesome :omg
:9

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
That would be so awesome if it were possible :lol
PSP

Himu

That is scary. :(
IYKYK

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
There's not enough oil for that to happen, and there's not enough oxygen in a hurricane for that to happen. It is nothing but an awesome SyFy Original Movie premise, Himuro.
PSP

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
That is scary. :(

The park will not protect you from the HURRIFLAME

Himu

At least it'd wipe out the cesspool that is Georgia
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
At least it'd wipe out the cesspool that is Georgia
wtf do you have against georgia?  awesome state.

Himu

Triumph. That's the only reason I need.
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
I don't understand :'(

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
I prefer FIRECANE to HURRIFLAME, personally.
PSP

Himu

sounds like a move in street fighter
IYKYK

Robo

It's actually the name of Ken's ultra 2.  HURRIFLAME HEEL
obo

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
Lady Gaga should slow down, this is like her third video in half a year.
Drunk

Raban

• The baby...

She's trying to get her singles from The Fame Monster over with so she can release her next album.

Gotta ride the wave before it's over.

::)
SRY

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
Another album already? I wish talented artists could release stuff as fast as she does.
Drunk

Raban

• The baby...
Another album already? I wish talented artists could release stuff as fast as she does.

She's really appreciative of her fans and how quickly she rose to fame and her next album is apparently a love letter to them. I'm excited :hyper
SRY

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
I don't get the gaga love. Is it just the visuals and stuff? the music strikes me as rather lacking in identity. To me it just sounds like club beats and a woman singing random-ass lyrics on it, like most club music is.

???

Raban

• The baby...
I don't get the gaga love. Is it just the visuals and stuff? the music strikes me as rather lacking in identity. To me it just sounds like club beats and a woman singing random-ass lyrics on it, like most club music is.

???

Unfortunately, The Fame Monster isn't really as sincere as I'd have liked it. It's more an album of nothing but singles. Like the director's cut of The Fame. The Fame wasn't leagues better, but it definitely contained content that was a lot more personal to the artist, and you can tell.

I like Lady GaGa for a lot of reasons. The main reason is that I find her personality and music to be genuine, unlike a lot of pop music out there. Most people on this board and most straight dudes in general will disagree and say it's all a publicity stunt, but I don't see that. This woman bought food for all the fans that waited outside the Best Buy for her Fame Monster release, and signed every last thing, even choosing to spend more than just a few seconds of borrowed time with each of them. I can't remember a musician as popular as Lady GaGa that cared that much for her fans.

Personally, I just love Lady GaGa as a person. Her personality, her style, the things she says, where her influences lie, I just love everything about her. Tbh, as much as I love her music, she is so much more than just another pop musician to me. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
SRY

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
That song is so awful. 
Yes this so many times.

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider

???

Unfortunately, The Fame Monster isn't really as sincere as I'd have liked it. It's more an album of nothing but singles. Like the director's cut of The Fame. The Fame wasn't leagues better, but it definitely contained content that was a lot more personal to the artist, and you can tell.

I like Lady GaGa for a lot of reasons. The main reason is that I find her personality and music to be genuine, unlike a lot of pop music out there. Most people on this board and most straight dudes in general will disagree and say it's all a publicity stunt, but I don't see that. This woman bought food for all the fans that waited outside the Best Buy for her Fame Monster release, and signed every last thing, even choosing to spend more than just a few seconds of borrowed time with each of them. I can't remember a musician as popular as Lady GaGa that cared that much for her fans.

Personally, I just love Lady GaGa as a person. Her personality, her style, the things she says, where her influences lie, I just love everything about her. Tbh, as much as I love her music, she is so much more than just another pop musician to me. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I might be on the cynical train here, but to me I consider Gaga to be a character, constructed for this specific time in pop-culture. The way she presents herself, not just in the absurd clothing she wears at award shows and whatnot, but the immense production her music videos are and how she is when talking to press. The way she seems to engineer "PR stunts" or controversy, like the hermaphrodite thing...

That she enjoys having fans and are thankful to them and want to spend time with them, is probably genuine, but it strikes me as more of a actor enjoying the character as much as the fans situation, rather than her presenting herself as a person.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I ain't trying to hate. Even if you consider it an act, like I do, you can still enjoy it, as that's a very large part of american pop music/culture. just trying to get some perspective.
[close]

AdmiralViscen

???

That's nice and all, but who the fuck cares? I wasn't on that line, and if I was, I wouldn't need someone to feed me. This superstar worship is distinguished mentally-challenged. I love people that I meet and know intimately.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Gaga will probably be big in Europe for awhile, but she won't last long in the US. Eventually someone will come along and out-weird her

Beezy

Gaga will probably be big in Europe for awhile, but she won't last long in the US. Eventually someone will come along and out-weird her
That Adam Lambert douche is already here.

Raban

• The baby...
I'd quote the posts I'm about to respond to, but I'm on my Droid and it's hard to manage, so I'll just do this.

Brobzoid: I understand where people come from when they say GaGa is just an act, but to me, manufactured pop stars look and sound like Avril Lavinge, Britney Spears or Miley Cyrus. I'm normally the first to call out fakes, but I don't see that in Lady GaGa. Even if the idea was somehow brilliantly formed by some corporate genius, she puts a lot of herself into the image that was created for her, and even that I can admire. Her music, costumes, videos and everything haven't been exhibited unless she's had her hands on it in some way.

Viscen: I dunno, uh, I care? The people in that line cared? None of them felt entitled to being fed or paid attention to, but it happened anyway. I don't worship Lady GaGa and I don't like her anymore than my friends in real life. I simply love music and musicians and when they do more than just get in a booth and play an instrument. Music has been around for so long that hardly anything sounds original anymore so it's up to artists to find some way to send their musical creativity through different channels. I could bombard you with a list of artists I listen to that some people consider to be the anithesis to Lady GaGa, but what does it really matter? Music is art and art is about interpretation. It's something that anyone can like for any reason, not just what is immediately seen or heard. If people see the news controversies and find them to be manufactured or manipulative well I suppose that would hurt the ability to see Lady GaGa as a genuine artist, but I don't pay attention to that because it has absolutely nothing to do with her music or who she is.

Most pop artists see what the paprazzi print and capitalize on it, but I haven't seen Lady GaGa do that. She hadn't even bothered to mention the hermaphrodite bullshit until the Telephone video, and even then it was a sophomoric joke buried under the rest of the shit going on. For a comparison, when Britney Spears appeared critics found her to be childish and after that point her career had become a race to see how blatantly sexual she could be advertised as. An impromptu kiss with Madonna turned into a hit single. I haven't seen Lady GaGa do ANYthing like that, in fact it seems as if her style and music is more about her doing her thing and not giving a fuck what people think. I admire that because to me that's what art is. Candid exposition of yourself and all your flaws.

I'm not trying to convince anybody of anything. If you see Lady GaGa and see fake, I see Lady GaGa and see genius. Not to make an undue analogy here, but it's not unlike art critics seeing Picasso's cubism and seeing horror where others found beauty.

Sorry I'm so quick to write essays on this topic, but you guys are asking and I'm trying to prove eloquent enough to get my point across clearly.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 09:27:57 PM by startselect »
SRY

Robo

Your argument is very reminiscent of the Marilyn Manson camp's nonsense back in his day, sadly.
obo

AdmiralViscen

"but I don't pay attention to that because it has absolutely nothing to do with her music or who she is."

But you do pay attention to a bunch of positive shit that has nothing to do wtih music. I understand enjoying some tunes but I don't get the idolization.

Raban

• The baby...

"but I don't pay attention to that because it has absolutely nothing to do with her music or who she is."

But you do pay attention to a bunch of positive shit that has nothing to do wtih music. I understand enjoying some tunes but I don't get the idolization.

It isn't like I enjoy her shit because she bought some pizza, I just tossed that out there to counter the examples used in the opposing arguement. It makes as little difference as the negative shit to me. I don't idolize her, her message is "be yourself because you don't need fame or fortune or clothes to be famous or beautiful", and that was something I believed in before I knew what a Lady GaGa even was, and that's all her music and style is about. The fact that someone who people actually listen to is saying it means a lot to me.

She doesn't seem fake to me because of that. Every other pop star is preaching/has preached "buy my clothes", "buy my toys", "true happiness lies in becoming the person who you love; me", and that's not at all what Lady GaGa is demanding. Even now, as popular as she is, there is no absurd merchandise to be found. Trust me, I think celebrity worship is fucking distinguished mentally-challenged, I haven't bookmarked her fan-page, I don't subscribe to her twitter or save every photo of her in some fistful-esque fashion. I just like her, her music and her style.

I used to adore music videos when I was younger, MTV in the 90s was practically my life, and in the mid 2000s it just kind of crapped out. Her music videos have reignited my interest in pop music and deliver a kind of nostalgia, and fulfill the wish I had as a kid to be present when Thriller's music video premiered or Bad, to experience something so new and epic when everyone else is just bothering to meet the standard and sell some records.
SRY

Arbys Roast Beef Sandwich

• •••
I found out last weekend that most of Gaga's music was probably made in Garageband, using the default preset instruments.
うぐう

GilloD

• TAKE THE LIFE OF FRED ASTAIRE. MAKE HIM PAY. TRANSFER HIS FAME TO YOU.
I dont mind Gaga so much, I just mind people going OH MY GOD WHAT AN ARTIST when all she does is dress fucking crazy and act like a weirdo. There are literally tens of thousands of artists way more talented doing gonzo, progressive work on 1/1000th of the budget. She's not doing art, she's doing publicity.

Beyond that, harmless, although I don't understand the affection for her entirely standard pop.
wha

Raban

• The baby...
If any of you wanted to talk about Neko Case, Pavement, The Apples in Stereo or Le Tigre nearly as much as you want to talk about Lady GaGa, I'd happily write essay length posts about my love for them as well. But Lady GaGa seems to be the topic of the hour, so I'm just rolling with it.
SRY

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
I prefer FIRECANE to HURRIFLAME, personally.

I think the preferred nomenclature is OBAMAGEDDON.
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
"The Coast is Toast."
dog

Beezy

Screw Lady Gaga and watch this

[youtube=560,345]M3Zad5_eWVA[/youtube]

So awesome :omg

They need to start selling this thing. I want one so bad.

Himu

holy shit
IYKYK

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
lame

Himu

You have to be like, anti-cool to not think that instrument is the bee's knees I am sorry
IYKYK

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
About as useful as a laser harp.

Beezy

Raban

• The baby...
Hey guys, some more of my nightly prose. Criticism welcome.

Overthinking It

It was the tragedy in his life, he felt. Usually the life of the party, the go-to guy for an optimistic angle, there was one hidden aspect he didn't care to show. He loved the people who hated him. James realized this in high school, or at least he chose to believe it was then. His personality and attitude was very up front and too much for some. It was more extreme, but since then it has been a long journey shedding that behavior. It would push him away from a lot of people, but none he cared to impress. At least that was the alibi. In the reality James may have buried somewhere near his spleen, definitely in the "gut" area, lied a truth he felt better off dead. He wished he could shrug off his rivals and opposers, write off their criticisms. Instead his mind fed upon them. Some nights after an encounter with someone that had ostracized him before, he'd rehearse the perfect speech to change their mind. James sometimes thought to seek them out on one of those networking websites, but his friends and his social logic suggested against it. It was the worst with the women. The painful truth that erupted from his gut in times of depression is how badly he wanted all the women he met to love him. James wasn't after the sex. Actually his lack of sexual drive forced him to question his sexuality, but the argument within his mind would always disappate soon after its birth. No, he only wished to be friends with the women in his life, uncompromised in the way that only platonic relationships can be. This woman in particular was not even attractive to him. He hadn't spoken to her in years and the last time he was a child filled with piss and vinegar, and she was a young girl with a hard head. They were both adults now, or the kind of adults 20-somethings like to think they are. The opportunity had presented itself without him knowing it.
   There was a cast party, and though both James and the girl were actors, James had been off the stage for a few years now. Already the playing field was tipped in her favor. Fuck it, he thought. Now or never. After the show he was accompanied by some of the ensemble cast into the party. The condo was classy, but rather small, rented by the director of the play and his gay partner. It looked like an uncharacteristically clean college student home. A large CRT television laced in dust, a Wii tucked in by its side. A pristine sound system and a full disc carrier spread eagle on the coffee table. A tweed couch, a straw weave chair, an empty fire place engulfed by its surroundings. This was a party-friendly place. The miniscule kitchen and it's counter was covered in bottles of Smirnoff, some 2-liter soda bottles and the iconic ribbed, colored plastic cups of parties. The party was shifting into full gear and James had stepped in on time. A shot to cool the nerves, and the next two with soda pop to give them some legs without the drunkeness.
   James mingled uncomfortably for the next two hours with friends that could've been made if he wasn't so awkwardly intent on something, or rather someone. He watched her the whole night. Sometimes they would trade empty glances. It wasn't until she ascended to the second floor bathroom when he covertly tailed her.
"Heather!" His voice cracked on the exclamation mark. She turned her head around, followed by body, and answered his call with surprised silence.
"Hey, uh... Do you... Remember me?" With each word James' once masculine diction shrunk into an adolescent plea.
"I was in-"
"Drama class with me, yeah." She cut him off with an almost bored tone. James' move. He paused deliberately and began to plan his course of action when his tongue attacked blindly,
"What's your problem with me?" That was a mistake, he thought.
"Like, I've never done anything to you, and you've been looking at me all night, and you don't seem friendly to me among everyone else. What is it?" At this point the conversation had transformed into James swinging his rapier wildly as his opponent swatted his hurried strokes away effortlessly, he imagined. Heather looked back with a cocktail of confusion and drunk stupor in her face, and James waited patiently for her to break the play-dumb character. Instead she turned into the bathroom and locked the door behind her.
SRY

Raban

• The baby...
Double post I know, but oh man my friend just linked me to this:
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

Terrible acting, but the action/sfx are CRIZAZY.
SRY

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
It's easy for gaga to release so much music since she doesn't have to spend any time writing it herself. She's just another industry puppet.
©ZH

Brehvolution

I'm not trying to make anyone mad. *shrugs*
©ZH

AdmiralViscen

edit - Actually, if Wiki is to be believed, Telephone was written for Spears BY Gaga lol
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 10:05:58 AM by AdmiralViscen »

Brehvolution

I'm sure this was posted before, but this drummer is hilarious.
[youtube=560,345]ItZyaOlrb7E[/youtube]
©ZH