Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1780529 times)

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
because orchestrated train wrecks are still train wrecks.

Skidmark

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
Damn, itavisen producing something worthwhile. Certainly a first.

But more importantly, Skidmark! are you ready for the wedding!?  :hyper

Skidmark

Damn, itavisen producing something worthwhile. Certainly a first.

But more importantly, Skidmark! are you ready for the wedding!?  :hyper
Systembolaget closed so I will have to celebrate with some red wine instead.
Just kidding, I keep changing channels whenever I see a report about it. Stoney manson is following it however.  :lol

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
There was a documentary about this woman getting married on the telly yesterday. Like she's done anything worthwhile in her life. Like there is anything worth mentioning about her entire existence except the fact that she was born. It's so silly.  :dur

Skidmark

There was a documentary about this woman getting married on the telly yesterday. Like she's done anything worthwhile in her life. Like there is anything worth mentioning about her entire existence except the fact that she was born. It's so silly.  :dur
Madeleine is hot though, I would watch a documentary about her.   :D

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
if she got her tits out, I'd be down.

Skidmark

if she got her tits out, I'd be down.
:lol

Shuri

There's a reason why devs don't post there any more.
Also most games companies told their staff to stfu on message boards. They have people monitoring forums and people lost their jobs over this.

bud

• a smudge of excrement on a tissue surging out to sea with a million tons of raw sewage

oh my god

fml
zzz

Shuri

400k a year to run gaf?

Why isnt more of the money invested on the forum?

oh well its not my business.

Ganhyun

• Used to worship Muckhole. Now worships Robo.
Evilore just deleted the Rock Band thread, lol.  He made a thread about the new guitar in the game and then went into the megathread and started bitching about it.  Next thing you know, it is gone.  :lol

Did posts get moved then or something?

Because I just posted in there.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21957179&postcount=139920

XDF

bud

• a smudge of excrement on a tissue surging out to sea with a million tons of raw sewage
[youtube=560,345]7IpEnsdXwFM[/youtube]

heard this song at the end of sopranos' ''pie-o-my'' episode. very soothing. :-[
zzz

cool breeze

i'm skimming through that giant bomb video, this and the konami conference saved E3 from being a tedious load of longwinded shit

leigh alexander strikes me as damaged goods, and everyone knows slightly psycho chicks are the most fun as long as you have planned an escape route ahead of time

awesome, uncomfortable stuff, they should keep her liquored up and add her as a regular

that one video isn't enough to document the entire train wreck.  there is one point in the video where you see only a few people in the room; that's when a bunch of people went outside and started a separate live stream to be free and talk about games.

I only had the audio running in the background but what I was hearing was unreal.

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
No way Evilore is making 400K a year running GAF.  Companies don't pay that much for internet ads anymore and there aren't even that many ads on GAF. 

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
i'm skimming through that giant bomb video, this and the konami conference saved E3 from being a tedious load of longwinded shit

leigh alexander strikes me as damaged goods, and everyone knows slightly psycho chicks are the most fun as long as you have planned an escape route ahead of time

awesome, uncomfortable stuff, they should keep her liquored up and add her as a regular

that one video isn't enough to document the entire train wreck.  there is one point in the video where you see only a few people in the room; that's when a bunch of people went outside and started a separate live stream to be free and talk about games.

I only had the audio running in the background but what I was hearing was unreal.

is that stream saved?
sup

Arbys Roast Beef Sandwich

• •••
No way Evilore is making 400K a year running GAF.  Companies don't pay that much for internet ads anymore and there aren't even that many ads on GAF. 
payola for letting the virals run amuck on the forums, duhhh
うぐう

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
i don't really think she's a great writer, but i enjoy her performance art
sup

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
dude, her writing is by far her best artwork.

Leigh on Flower
By highlighting what Flower is not, I have not been trying to crush the flowers, to pull their petals. I only hoped to tilt this floaty breeze back down to earth. It's nice in the grass.

She managed to write a piece on Flower that exceeded it in pretentiousness. I am in awe.

Leigh :bow2

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
And you know, she's a great writer

Link me to this writing so I can make my determination on that. Because I've yet to find one in games "journalism".

Stoney Mason

And you know, she's a great writer

Link me to this writing so I can make my determination on that. Because I've yet to find one in games "journalism".

I pulled this off Google: http://www.slate.com/id/2213073

Again, she's better than most (but nowhere near my level, obviously).

I'll read this later when I have some time but I have a feeling this chick is pretty much hot air based on your prior post.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
Oh and that she basically called everyone at Treyarch a bunch of lazy fucks.

Well, now i know for sure she's full of shit, that company turned out a full COD sequel having only been given nine months to do so (regardless of your opinion on the quality, that's entirely the opposite of being "a bunch of lazy fucks")

this is why i hate 99% of game writers, they tend to let their rectums do the typing and they're generally an untrustworthy lot

(i did skim through the video so i missed a good bit of the stupider comments, i need to watch the whole thing through - but god, the parts where she isn't all HAHAHA Im sOOOOOoooo drunkngdfad are kind of boring)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 08:26:38 PM by Eel O'Brian »
sup

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Evilore just deleted the Rock Band thread, lol.  He made a thread about the new guitar in the game and then went into the megathread and started bitching about it.  Next thing you know, it is gone.  :lol
Wait, you mean the main thread, or the "bitching about the rock band thread" thread? The latter is like a forum unto itself. I would imagine deleting it would release a geek shitstorm the likes of which haven't been seen since Star Trek Nemesis.

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
If we're going all real talk here for a minute, I think that she seems to be lacking in critical thinking. Like, she obviously had someone tell her that Bobby spent three quarters of a billion dollars, out of his own pocket, on making Black Ops look appealing to press writers.

1. that number is just absurd.

2. Bobby sported the money himself. which should give pause to anyone given how popular and how CoD has been growing like a motherfucker with each iteration.

3. She seem to believe that enthusiast press fuel general press which in turn fuel the consumer base.

How can you accept all these things at face value? How can anyone take such a person seriously?

This is even ignoring her penchant for playing the victim in regards to her gender.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
[youtube=560,345]7Xbq5txJSJ4[/youtube]
what the fuck

[youtube=560,345]cM4w4AVZBe4[/youtube]

jesus christ, she looks like she's been smoking crack with DMX

M3wThr33

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3276328

Welcome to your new home!

Dan Teasdale continually posts in there along with a few other HMX employees, so every poster in their is a blind fucking fanboy and they will accept NO positive or even NEUTRAL remark of Guitar Hero or anything not 100% SUPPORTIVE of Rock Band, regardless of the fact the GH and RB employees get along with each other. There's no use discussing anything, at all, whatsoever. It's basically just 200 pages of "OMG I LOVE PLAYING SONGS. THANK YOU CPTUNDERPANTS!" Early on, HMX got a bunch of the Band Battle ideas from that thread and at Teasdale's GDC speech he said how intelligent they were, so now they have a horribly fucking inflated ego.
One of them even bought me a red-text avatar on SA.
The only use I get out of it is posting about once a week. I'll state a rumor as fact and see the response. Generally that's the easiest way to get a response to disprove/approve it without having to wait for a press release or verify myself.

Stoney Mason

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3276328

Welcome to your new home!

Dan Teasdale continually posts in there along with a few other HMX employees, so every poster in their is a blind fucking fanboy and they will accept NO positive or even NEUTRAL remark of Guitar Hero or anything not 100% SUPPORTIVE of Rock Band, regardless of the fact the GH and RB employees get along with each other. There's no use discussing anything, at all, whatsoever. It's basically just 200 pages of "OMG I LOVE PLAYING SONGS. THANK YOU CPTUNDERPANTS!" Early on, HMX got a bunch of the Band Battle ideas from that thread and at Teasdale's GDC speech he said how intelligent they were, so now they have a horribly fucking inflated ego.
One of them even bought me a red-text avatar on SA.
The only use I get out of it is posting about once a week. I'll state a rumor as fact and see the response. Generally that's the easiest way to get a response to disprove/approve it without having to wait for a press release or verify myself.

Reminds me of the Halo threads over at GAF. They use to be pretty good but once the devs got involved and started occasionally posting in those threads it went to shit imo.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 10:13:23 PM by Stoney Mason »

etiolate

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21952334&postcount=139860

I am pretty sure that's not what is killing the gaming forum.

Stoney Mason

lulz. Mega threads do get to be a bit much on GAF but the irony of him singling that out as "killing the gaming forum" is pretty funny. Dude look in the mirror at your shitty moderation, no search function, and the forum constantly going down.

Stoney Mason

Her big thing was that they've been pissing away time and have 4 months to finish an eight hour single player. She was saying stuff like the chopper level they showed at E3 isn't entirely finished, which I think is bullshit. She made it sound like the 250 people at Treyarch are a mess and ain't getting shit done.

I'm not too keen on Treyarch but I realized that none of it is really their fault. I give them all the credit in the world to be able to meet Activision demands and turn out some great games (I really loved the level transitions they did in World at War)

The thing is where is her evidence for anything. She's completely talking out of her ass. She doesn't know shit.  Which unfortunately is why nobody takes game journalism seriously.

Himu

I don't think megathreads are killing the forum. If you don't want to post in it, don't post in it. In megathreads we have our own small communities and if you don't want to post, don't post. Otherwise fuck off and stop complaining about our little sub-community and e-friends.
IYKYK

Stoney Mason

I don't think megathreads are killing the forum. If you don't want to post in it, don't post in it. In megathreads we have our own small communities and if you don't want to post, don't post. Otherwise fuck off and stop complaining about our little sub-community and e-friends.

The only thing I don't like about mega threads is when it becomes very group think-ish and you can't honestly talk about a game intelligently pros and cons. But otherwise I'm fine with them. The people who are most interested in a product are naturally going to be the ones who talk the most about said product and any news that occurs with said product.

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man

OMG your faggotry is growing at a faster rate than the national deficit!

etiolate

so the post I linked was about Rock Band 3 news being put in the rock band thread so nobody was getting the news about Rock Band that wasn't reading through the Rock Band thread

(yes, seriously)

so Space Cadet posts a bunch of individual threads for news tidbits that were to be found in the Rock Band thread or any common videogame site on the internet and evilore junior's him

DJ_Tet

That is hilarious.

I like how he complained 'awww I didn't know there was gonna be a real guitar for RB'

The whole time I'm thinking, shit, I found out about that on GAF.

He bitches 'new RB news should be in a new thread.'  Someone links him to the thread that was created.  Another person complains that it's not his 'job' to make new RB news threads and gets perma banned.

What a little child.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 11:06:31 PM by DJ_Tet »
TIT

Raban

• The baby...
I hope someone bans Evil Lore.
SRY

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
I don't get why there can't be a Megathread with the news posted where that lil' inner community can talk about it and then a news thread where people who generally don't continuously follow and play said game can touch on the news. Its like he wants to disrupt an ant farm not by shaking it but by chucking it out the window.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 11:11:02 PM by BlueTsunami »
:9

DJ_Tet

Anyone got Evilore's email address?  Might be funny to sign him up for some Rock Band spam as well as let him know personally about every little RB development.
TIT

Raban

• The baby...
Don't you think he reads this board?
SRY

DJ_Tet

He apparently can't even read his own board.
TIT

M3wThr33

He apparently can't even read his own board.
:teehee

Skidmark

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Oh and that she basically called everyone at Treyarch a bunch of lazy fucks.

Well, now i know for sure she's full of shit, that company turned out a full COD sequel having only been given nine months to do so (regardless of your opinion on the quality, that's entirely the opposite of being "a bunch of lazy fucks")

this is why i hate 99% of game writers, they tend to let their rectums do the typing and they're generally an untrustworthy lot

(i did skim through the video so i missed a good bit of the stupider comments, i need to watch the whole thing through - but god, the parts where she isn't all HAHAHA Im sOOOOOoooo drunkngdfad are kind of boring)

Her big thing was that they've been pissing away time and have 4 months to finish an eight hour single player. She was saying stuff like the chopper level they showed at E3 isn't entirely finished, which I think is bullshit. She made it sound like the 250 people at Treyarch are a mess and ain't getting shit done.

I'm not too keen on Treyarch but I realized that none of it is really their fault. I give them all the credit in the world to be able to meet Activision demands and turn out some great games (I really loved the level transitions they did in World at War).

I'm going through the bombast and they've edited it to hell. I don't think the part where she goes UNREGUARDLESS ISN'T A WORD! (Unreguardless in a GiantBomb joke) is in the audio version. Which is upsetting, because it should have been there.

[youtube=560,345]cogBqfKUyqw[/youtube]

I woulda just told her to shut the fuck up.

Edit: Yeah, this is gold.

[youtube=560,345]11_ywaTT-MY[/youtube]

That woman is so annoying.
dog

Arbys Roast Beef Sandwich

• •••
the best part is like 90% of the stuff she writes is videogame feminist propaganda.
うぐう

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
I agree with Evillore about megathreads becoming a pain when you have to navigate through tons of posts for information. I like the idea of a big thread for discussion, with other threads for discussion on specific news. So if Rockband 100 is coming out for $70, that announcement should be in its own thread, not buried in a 200 page thread created months or years ago.

But obviously this isn't what's killing GAF

Raban

• The baby...
I agree with Evillore about megathreads becoming a pain when you have to navigate through tons of posts for information. I like the idea of a big thread for discussion, with other threads for discussion on specific news. So if Rockband 100 is coming out for $70, that announcement should be in its own thread, not buried in a 200 page thread created months or years ago.

But obviously this isn't what's killing GAF

I think it'd be more effective if Official Threads were treated like mini-blogs, where the OP is consistently updated with either links to the most recent news, or the news itself, right there in the OP. Multiple threads isn't the answer, I don't think.
SRY

DJ_Tet

The very news Evilore was bitching about WAS posted in its own thread.  A mod posted in that thread as well.

Evilore just missed it and threw a hissy when he was proven to be wrong. 
TIT

etiolate

Basically it's this: A half-assed policy was thought up and posted. The policy doesn't make a whole lot of sense and the post doesn't create any legit boundaries. It also acts as though NeoGaf is supposed to be the only news source when all the information comes from elsewhere. (The realtar info I got from just browsing the web during e3.) It also acts as though its the community's responsibility to supply outside threads to certain parts of their discussion.

Instead of looking at whatever it really was they were trying to accomplish and restate it in a useful manner, they start banning people for questioning the contradictions in: "Guys, don't post RB3 news in here to the exclusion of more appropriate threads, or action will be taken. No one outside of the hardcore platform thread followers will have any idea what's going on." This leads to anger and confusion, so they answer this with more bans.

It's a grand ole example of bad moderating. A mix of micro-managing and hypersensitivity. Figure out what you are trying to do, see if it has merit and then state it clearly. When you use the words "more appropriate threads" in a thread that is the OFFICIAL TOPIC for the game being discussed. . .  well figure out the problem going on there yourself.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
püp

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
Some of you guys need to let go....

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
I think this was asked before but

is Puddles actually GS cuz most his shit in that thread would be a fucking dead ringer IMO

OptimoPeach

Man you guys are ruining my perception of Puddles as this brilliant master troll
hi5

chronovore

• relapsed dev

Man, what an effete prig. Fancy words are a sure sign of backpedalling defensiveness!

Stoney Mason

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.

Impressive, most impressive.
___

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
There should be mega threads for certain topics if people feel like they want to create their own little sub-communities, but when people that don't follow them find something thread-worthy and post a new topic and the first reply is "old, covered on page 763 in the official thread :smug" that person should be perm'd.
___

Skidmark

Since a few years, some muslims illegally occupy streets of Paris each Friday to pray towards mecca.

According to them, this is to protest the fact that these poor souls don't have enough mosques, they indeed don't have one in this district.

What they forget is that French government does not finance any religion or religious building whatsoever.

They are totally free to buy some space and build a mosque.
Yet they complain about French government being mean to them because they "don't have the right to ave a mosque".
Go figure.

So they block the streets every Friday between 3 and 5 PM to pray towards mecca.
http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2010/06/muslims-illegally-occupying-streets-of-paris-to-pray-muslim-militia-blocks-the-streets.html

Costanza

Me, TheGreatDave, Jet Grind Radio, MrOctober are now permabanned just for posting in Space Cadet's Rock Band news threads last night.

THIS IS FUCKING RIDICULOUS.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 04:03:42 PM by Costanza »