Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1780545 times)

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
Me, TheGreatDave, Jet Grind Radio, MrOctober are now permabanned just for posting in Space Cadet's Rock Band news threads last night. And Red Scarlet seems to have blocked me on Steam :\

THIS IS FUCKING RIDICULOUS.

lulz. So now you realize what most of us have been talking about forever. Its always been what it is. People only seem to notice it though when it directly effects them even though it happens all the time to different people.

Just make an alt and re-apply.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Me, TheGreatDave, Jet Grind Radio, MrOctober are now permabanned just for posting in Space Cadet's Rock Band news threads last night. And Red Scarlet seems to have blocked me on Steam :\

got a link

Have them come here.

Costanza

got a link

Have them come here.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=332470&page=2802
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=398822
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=398821
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=398825

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
boo this means you're gonna be here more often
nat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
That;'s what you get for following a shitty series
fat

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

Since a few years, some muslims illegally occupy streets of Paris each Friday to pray towards mecca.

According to them, this is to protest the fact that these poor souls don't have enough mosques, they indeed don't have one in this district.

What they forget is that French government does not finance any religion or religious building whatsoever.

They are totally free to buy some space and build a mosque.
Yet they complain about French government being mean to them because they "don't have the right to ave a mosque".
Go figure.

So they block the streets every Friday between 3 and 5 PM to pray towards mecca.
http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2010/06/muslims-illegally-occupying-streets-of-paris-to-pray-muslim-militia-blocks-the-streets.html

Linking to Pam Gellar's site? leper Skidmark (paypal recently took down her link for donations because she was inciting hate, lololol)
___

Skidmark

Yeah I really didn't want to link to her website. I don't know who she is but I noticed that there was a lot of intellectually dishonesty and so on. but the part that I quoted gave some explanation to what was going on and I felt that I should leave the source so people know that I didn't write it myself.

Arbys Roast Beef Sandwich

• •••
And Red Scarlet seems to have blocked me on Steam :\

:violin :violin :violin
うぐう

etiolate

honestly, if I was a girl I'd block you too costanza

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
Skidmark, do you know why the article suggests that they block the street for two hours to do a 10 minute (if doing it as a group prayer even) afternoon prayer.

Also, you would expect them to do the group prayer around 12 PM, not in the late afternoon.  Maybe they're trying to block rush hour?

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Raban

• The baby...
SRY

Skidmark

Skidmark, do you know why the article suggests that they block the street for two hours to do a 10 minute (if doing it as a group prayer even) afternoon prayer.

Also, you would expect them to do the group prayer around 12 PM, not in the late afternoon.  Maybe they're trying to block rush hour?

I don't know exactly how it looks over there but what I know is that Friday prayers, unlike normal Duhur (noon) prayers, are usually about 1 hour long. It consists of a sermon (which consumes most of the time) and followed by a prayer. The Friday prayer is called Jumah and the Quran says:
O you who believe! when the call is made for prayer on Friday, then hasten to the remembrance of God and leave off business; that is better for you, if you know. - Quran 62:9

There is no specific time for the Friday prayer. Just like most prayers in Islam, the time depends on when the sunrise and sunset is. So it changes from place to place and season to season.

Changing the prayer time just to make a more effective protest out of it is not acceptable in Islam and I can't imagine them doing it to be honest. It could also be so that the person who filmed it is ignorant when it comes to the different prayers in Islam. There is a prayer in the Afternoon called Aser which is very similar except without the sermon.

Skidmark

I don't know exactly how it looks over there but what I know is that Friday prayers, unlike normal Duhur (noon) prayers, are usually about 1 hour long
Not if you come in last minute.
:lol :lol :lol :lol
This made me laugh more than it should.

Costanza

Me, TheGreatDave, Jet Grind Radio, MrOctober are now permabanned just for posting in Space Cadet's Rock Band news threads last night.

Holy fuck man! :(

Bring them here!

get AIM dude, i need to talk to you

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
delicious asuka
萌え~

archie4208

So much drama in that Rock Band 3 thread, lol. 

• •••
what the fuck fucking name for an adult is Tyler anyways? betcha he gets a lot of shit for that at school.
うぐう

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
SMH message board drama
:9

OptimoPeach

what the fuck fucking name for an adult is Tyler anyways? betcha he gets a lot of shit for that at school.
[youtube=560,345]oo8CrY_ZfFk[/youtube]
hi5

Veidt

Shit is getting real it seems. damn.

etiolate

Its like he wants to disrupt an ant farm not by shaking it but by chucking it out the window and unloading a round of shotgun shells into its plastic glassy belly.

fixed for updated events

M3wThr33

Times like this, all I can do is laugh.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
Shit is getting real it seems. damn.

People will defect to a splinter board, said people will complain about GAF on it, GAF will get more shitty members, rinse and repeat.
AMC

etiolate

so GAF becomes about 25% moderator accounts, 70% sycophants and 5% alt accounts of banned members

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
I hope PedroRVD doens't come over here or shagrath, last thing we need is the poor and the poor sympathizers.
USA

etiolate

poor pride :rock

Skidmark

etiolate

omg

chronovore

• relapsed dev
 :cookiem :cookiem :cookiem :cookiem :cookiem

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
I don't know exactly how it looks over there but what I know is that Friday prayers, unlike normal Duhur (noon) prayers, are usually about 1 hour long. It consists of a sermon (which consumes most of the time) and followed by a prayer. The Friday prayer is called Jumah and the Quran says:
O you who believe! when the call is made for prayer on Friday, then hasten to the remembrance of God and leave off business; that is better for you, if you know. - Quran 62:9
There is no specific time for the Friday prayer. Just like most prayers in Islam, the time depends on when the sunrise and sunset is. So it changes from place to place and season to season.
Changing the prayer time just to make a more effective protest out of it is not acceptable in Islam and I can't imagine them doing it to be honest. It could also be so that the person who filmed it is ignorant when it comes to the different prayers in Islam. There is a prayer in the Afternoon called Aser which is very similar except without the sermon.
well like wrath says, a lot of people are going to "miss" the sermon.  Most mosques I know do the jumah prayers in the early afternoon but This could just be the asr prayer like you said.

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
CBG

FatalT

Bitch my name is Tyler.  :punch

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
That cory guy is gonna get banned over something cooler than you and your troop of nobodies, Costanza.

How does that make you guys feel?
fat

etiolate

I love that kud5 was hoping for the thread to be serious

cool breeze

all I'm seeing are people with Michael Cera avatars getting banned

• •••

you're like fifteen though so it's still kinda okay :teehee
うぐう

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
CBG

FatalT

you're like fifteen though so it's still kinda okay :teehee

:lol You goober.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
lol. Y2Kev edited the post. I told yall that dude was a loser.
fat

etiolate

no offense bluetsunami, but hitlore looks a bit like you

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
Kev :-\
AMC

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
troop of nobodies

this made me laugh way more than it should have
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
also don't any of you banned fuckers still play games?  we have rock band threads falling out of our asses here.
sup

Rman

I'll miss Constanza in the OT  :-\

etiolate

cost: make sure to post your alison brie photo stalking here

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
i can't believe they still have shit like that erupting on that forum. how can someone write 3 paragraphs on and on about how news is being posted on a forum? let alone doing it for 5-10 years

Costanza

So apparently Scarlet had just changed her Steam name, not blocked me. Oops.

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
I love the fact that there was a massive push towards super mega official threads and now a few years later when no one can find anything on the forum, let alone search for it there's a new doctrine against these threads.
itm

Costanza

i like your tag pilon  :-*