Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1781086 times)

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
haha pretty sure they will

Evilore is batshit crazy but I just can't see him banning 50 people for mentioning that they post on another my site.

Wouldn't be surprised

haha pretty sure they will

Evilore is batshit crazy but I just can't see him banning 50 people for mentioning that they post on another site. There's no way.

Remember Mike Works Do Something Every Day thread? :lol

One of the greatest threads ever  :lol

Lafiel

i'm going to laugh my ass off if everyone pimping WYL in that gaf thread gets banned

There's no fucking way. Just.. no way.
You know what they did?

They censored "WYL" i tried linking it to someone on neogaf. (in pm) and he said all he saw was a bunch of "*"  :lol :lol

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
yup, you definitely showed them. I particularly liked how you didn't validate their opinions or anything.

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
by spazzin' out

Veidt

Post reporting?  Did MCD sign up already?

Quote from: Veidt
This is a girl thread first and foremost, I think we should respect that. And foster this. This is the second time this is happening. Third time will result in a mod being tasked with checking this thread every now and then and start deleting reported posts. And none of us want to do that.

Great posts make you a great poster! So please post responsibly.
(Image removed from quote.)

Veidt seems like a nice guy but I don't think he'll ever get it. 

Veidt is a nice guy.  He's also a fucking moron.
:lol
man, haters gonna hate.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 05:18:18 AM by Veidt »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Angry ex-WOW female GANGSTA-NINJITSU MASTER:

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

*Out of breath* "Yeah, you fucking fat-ass mother-fucker...I don't care if you're a fucking lawyer...I bet you can't even fucking breathe outside your fucking office, you fucking 500-600 pound mother fucker!  *out of breath* You better fucking thank god I fucking moved back home...'cause I will *UNNN* right in your fucking skull!"
:rofl
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 05:29:19 AM by Good Day Sir »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Some are saying she might be the female voice getting harassed in this ventrilo video.   :lol

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
ど助平

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Post reporting?  Did MCD sign up already?

Quote from: Veidt
This is a girl thread first and foremost, I think we should respect that. And foster this. This is the second time this is happening. Third time will result in a mod being tasked with checking this thread every now and then and start deleting reported posts. And none of us want to do that.

Great posts make you a great poster! So please post responsibly.
(Image removed from quote.)

Veidt seems like a nice guy but I don't think he'll ever get it. 

Veidt is a nice guy.  He's also a fucking moron.
man, haters gonna hate.

Truth hurts, bro.
PS4

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
You seem kinda angry Ichirou.
Boo

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
I was hoping WYL would be a valid alternative to GAF instead of just a GAF clone with the worst of the GAF userbase as mods (seriously, costanza?).

Not angry, just horribly disappointed.
PS4

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
and their avatar system is all fucked up. what a nose dive the site took

why all the complicated shit? just keep it simple.
nat

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
http://www.wastingyourlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189&page=13

Jesus christ, with that kind of moderation I don't think I'll post at WYL anymore.

WYL :rofl
dog

Jansen

ahahaha. that is what happens when you mod a bunch of thin skinned kids.

FatalT

NeoGAF knock-off becomes NeoGAF without the content or member-base.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
I should ban you dumbasses who posted on that in the first place. I told you it would be a waste of time when you can get the same content here
fat

FatalT

I made a total of 7 posts there. It's not like I really tried to join the forum anyways. Suck a chode demi.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
i'll post anywhere. i dont give a fuck
nat

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
I should ban you dumbasses who posted on that in the first place. I told you it would be a waste of time when you can get the same content here

But our content is way better.  :smug

The main difference between GAF and WYL is the traffic.  Both fire with low accuracy but GAF is shooting so much more that a few shots do get through. 

However, lower traffic does not affect EB because we nail it almost every time.  We're efficient like that.  :patel

Skidmark

http://www.wastingyourlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189&page=13

Jesus christ, with that kind of moderation I don't think I'll post at WYL anymore.

That's just fucked up, they are not posting on her facebook wall.

Robo

First ban message that's ever had an apology in it.  :lol 

I was laying it on a little thick over there, admittedly.  I blame it on the vBulletin.  Oh well.
obo

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
justified ban for trolling my glorious avatar
萌え~

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Damn they even deebo'd the teehee smily. Penis envy total
fat

Robo

justified ban for trolling my glorious avatar

weeaboo shit/10
obo

Skidmark

They banned robo for having NeoGAF's logo as an avatar.

Smooth Groove

You dummies didn't even link to the relevant page:

http://www.wastingyourlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189&page=14

I just deleted all of those posts because they were dragging another thread into this one. Obviously, rape is not cool and I definitely do not appreciate the misogyny going on, on the forums. However, I would've liked to keep that battle in that thread instead of bringing it over here.

I am reviewing the other thread and will talk to someone about it. As for this thread, I warn you to tread carefully. I do not want to ban anyone but if I have to I will. Keep the misogyny out of here and we will not have any problems. I will warn you if you cross the line but if you continuously do so, you will be met with a more severe punishment.

Many of you have been warned in this thread by Veidt plenty, and he's serious. As am I.

That's gotta be sarcasm, right?  Wasn't the point of WYL to be GAF minus the administrative crap?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Eric P is a moderator there?
fat

Cheebs

• How's my posting? Call 1-866-MAF-BANS to report flame bait.
WYL is indeed a pretty shitty little forum, posting there this past week has felt like a waste.

Oh and lolololol cheebs....etc

Cheebs

The main appeal of it was the fact I expected incredibly lax moderation...its confusing.

Smooth Groove

:lol at Mojo's ban

WYL really captures perfectly everything that sucks about GAF.  

http://www.wastingyourlife.com/forums/showpost.php?p=22700&postcount=667

:-X

Cheebs

That forum made me realize how while I complained about EB it was literally 1000x better here.  :lol

archie4208

I still like the Rock Band thread at WYL because those regulars are cool but yeah that forum has turned out to be a flop.

TheGreatDave

I still like the Rock Band thread at WYL because those regulars are cool but yeah that forum has turned out to be a flop.

*locks thread for no reason*

*deletes posts because girl is offended*
>:/

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Wait guys, I thought it doesnt work if theres lax moderation, it turns into a cesspool
fat

Smooth Groove

serious intellectual discussion :bow2

Cheebs

Who the fuck was Ms. Knoche anyway. Was she from here?

Robo

I doubt lax moderation was ever part of the plan, and that's fine, but don't start a forum under that pretense if you aren't going to adhere to it.
obo

lennedsay

• Senior MILF
So they've deleted strings of post and also deleted entire threads? Seriously, do we need to be censored? It's a rare occasion when GAF deletes posts or threads. They may edit them sarcastically and ban the people, but rarely do you read a thread and say, "Whoa, did I miss a post?"

Now this avatar shit. Go to forum, no avatar. Re-upload it. There's two settings, one for rectangle and one for square. The square blows it out huge. The rectangle button doesn't work. So now my avatar is completely blown out and blurry, and I'm told to get a new one and it was blurry yesterday? It's not blurry here, and it's not blurry on GAF. I've used maybe 2 other avatars ever, so I don't really feel like switching. And I'm not taking the time out to re-size the fuck out of the one I have so that they can change the settings/preferences again tomorrow. And I really don't want to see everybody else's gigantic shitty avatars.

"No no we're way different than GAF! Way less moderation (well until you post)! Way better forum layout (but ran by vBulletin still)! Way different avatars (they're square!!!!)"

Seriously, when my husband and I (and a few other friends that post on GAF) talk about GAF, our problem is never the moderation. My problem is the posters there. Most have no sense of humor, and either find things funny because someone else did as well, or purposely don't find things funny to seem mature and distinguished. And they're all know-it-all bitches. You can say grass is green and the sky is blue and they will fucking argue with you. And I've literally said to my husband, "I could tell them about my menstrual cycle, and they could tell me I'm wrong." And that exact thing happened, but not at GAF...
(|)

Cheebs

People who have no right to ever admin/mod a forum running wild and fucking with the settings too much out of bordem and randomly deleting topics tends to lead to dead forums really quick. I know from experience as someone who did that. WYL is about a day away from joining the pile of those endless other spin-off's started by shake, ichi, mupepe...etc.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Unsurprisingly, WYL has turned out to be much worse than GAF after browsing it for a while.  The board didn't have anything going for it unlike EB or OA, where a few magnetic personalities were enough of a draw.  The moderation attitude over there appears to be as petty as the moderation attitude at GAF but at least GAF has 100x the members, whose heavy handed modding could seem partially justified.  WYL just has poorly endowed social insignificants running the show, flailing about like they flail their own dicks nightly.

WYL seems to have collected the spazzes, the threadshitters (see: Gaborn, RubxQub, omg rite), and awkward virginal discussions of GAF with none of the rare nuggets of knowledge and insight you might get at GAF.  Plus it got a decent mod at GAF de-modded to boot.
🍆🍆

Cheebs

What happened at gaf that lead to that place? I never read gaf anymore.

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
And I really don't want to see everybody else's gigantic shitty avatars.

my avatar isn't shitty :{
Boo

lennedsay

• Senior MILF
:bow Flailing their own dicks

You're fine Junpei, but some of those fucking avatars are seizure-inducing.
(|)

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
Wait guys, I thought it doesnt work if theres lax moderation, it turns into a cesspool

all about balance, and recognizing the difference between someone just trolling for laughs and a legitimate sociopath

sup

Cheebs

No avatar needs to be that big, good or not.

Robo

What happened at gaf that lead to that place? I never read gaf anymore.

Drama involving EviLore regarding the Rock Band megathread and whether or not DLC news should be posted there or in a new thread.
obo

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
I saw that Alfarif posts there.  It's like a board designed to retain as much of the chaff as possible.
🍆🍆

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 02:29:31 PM by Purple Filth »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
How is WastingYourLife.com moderated?

We the admins and mods prefer that the forum be self-regulated, in part by you, the user. We would prefer that all users follow the forum rules, obey the admins and moderators, and generally keep things running smoothly. Feel free to nudge your peers in the right direction.

We don't want to roll in and instantiate martial law. We could, but we'd rather not have to. Behave.

Under what circumstances will I be subject to a ban?

It will probably take a lot of work to have a temporary or permanent ban instituted upon you. Before we resort to such drastic measures, you will receive several clearly worded warnings, in the form of forum posts, PM's, or emails. It will require multiple, repeated offenses despite moderator or administrator warning.

If you are not able to curtail the errant behaviour, you may, after receiving aforementioned warnings, be subject to a temporary ban. If we find ourselves having to remove your access to the site often, we may decide to revoke your right to visit permanently.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 04:01:04 PM by Good Day Sir »
ど助平

Robo

Apparently I was warned multiple times, but I don't recall seeing any of them other than some particularly awful poster giving me the tag of "shit poster", which, at the time, I could only assume was ironic.
obo

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Not according to the WYL mods/admins. No, according to them you were warned multiple times by various people.
dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Here's a picture of WYL forum members, being gently guided by helpful, caring mods:

©@©™

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
i have no desire to ever run a forum or be a moderator, but i'd probably handle attack posters and forum grudges by having a special board for it and just shifting all those shit threads over there when it got out of hand on the main boards (like the baby dumpster), but exiling the worst posters there for a while when i got tired of dealing with their bullshit

« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 04:22:51 PM by Eel O'Brian »
sup

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
Now, to play devil's advocate, I can't really blame them for part of their reaction when you have the Dark Shake shitting up your forum. :P
MMA

OptimoPeach

Looks like Dave Chappelle has lost it again :fbm

A source extremely familiar with the incident tells TMZ Chappelle boarded a private jet in New Jersey last night bound for Ohio -- where the actor lives.

During the flight, we're told Dave "freaked out" and refused to put his seat belt on. Then -- according to sources -- Dave repeatedly walked into the cockpit, asking how much longer the flight would be, and started grabbing the pilot's arms.

Sources say the pilot determined Chappelle was a safety risk and diverted the plane to Pittsburgh.

We're told Chappelle then checked into a nearby hotel for the night. Sources at the hotel tell us Dave has been telling hotel employees he wanted to rent a car to drive back to Ohio ... only he couldn't remember where he lived.
http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/03/dave-chappelle-private-jet-kicked-off-security-risk-safety-risk/#ixzz0seXgJpI9
hi5

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
WTF Chappelle?
ど助平