Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1780476 times)

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Link.
:yuck Goddamn what a shithole. I have never seen a more toxic and negative place than OA.
©ZH

Saint Cornelius

• Always rockin' the sawed-off wisdom.
:yuck Goddamn what a shithole. I have never seen a more toxic and negative place than OA.

I'd have to say GAf is worse. The denizens of OA know that they're the dregs of society, for the most part, whereas shitty GAffers hide behind the delusion of self-righteousness.

It is a shithole though. Most parts of the internet where people can provide commentary unfettered are, though. Ever read the comments section of ANY online newspaper? It'll make you a misanthrope at lightning speed.
dap

Powerslave

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=22276416&postcount=5

who the fuck is this asshole??

he is the next Mupepe. Whoever wears that avatar gets awesome playa (and thievery) skills.

Your reigning days are over.

Mupepe

• Icon
son of a bitch

etiolate

Lebron is signing with the Rockets

mupepe connection revealed!

Bulleta©™®

• is probably playing some game
[youtube=560,345]xx-10sI33lk[/youtube]

Fuck all your animu music. Ultima :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

What version of the game has that? Amiga one doesn't, and I don't think UC one does either. :(

I believe thats just his rendition of it. Here's basing it off this...

Yeah, was mostly referring to the Amiga version doesn't have that song (it only has 1 song). :(

Skidmark

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.

I'd have to say GAf is worse. The denizens of OA know that they're the dregs of society, for the most part, whereas shitty GAffers hide behind the delusion of self-righteousness.

It is a shithole though. Most parts of the internet where people can provide commentary unfettered are, though. Ever read the comments section of ANY online newspaper? It'll make you a misanthrope at lightning speed.
Twas by no means a knock at you, good sir. I've popped by here and there over the years and it just drives me away.
©ZH

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
In a not-so-surprising twist, one of Armond White's greatest supporters and admirers is Shake:

http://www.wastingyourlife.com/forums/on-topic/armond-white-destroyed-553.html

Shake annihilating everybody left and right. :o
PS4

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
And yes, Puddles of jizz is Green Shinobi. :lol

Quote from: Puddles;33963
I once knew a guy on a message board who trolled a popular movie for MONTHS before he ever watched it. Many laughs were had. Don't be that guy, Miles.
PS4

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
OA conspiracy theory:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Annon and Hans are one in the same
[close]

I think you might be on to something.  Annon sounds exactly like Hans in that thread.  It makes me wonder if Annon even ever existed.  

Twas by no means a knock at you, good sir. I've popped by here and there over the years and it just drives me away.

http://opa-ages.com/forums/topic/45994-post-pics-of-oa-bitches-looking-good-here/

Zero, the thread above is entertaining even for normal people.  Attention whores trying to garner some on a shithole like OA is always lulz-worthy and some of them are actually not bad looking.  

:bow Mina :bow2

The Xfag empress will always have a special place in my heart.  

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
In a not-so-surprising twist, one of Armond White's greatest supporters and admirers is Shake:

http://www.wastingyourlife.com/forums/on-topic/armond-white-destroyed-553.html

Shake annihilating everybody left and right. :o

I like Pixar movies but as a group Pixar fanboys are really annoying.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
People falling for Shake's lame troll bait :lol
PSP

Smooth Groove

Cheebs is also trolling out of his ass again.  Wasn't he the one most vocally deriding Armond White not that long ago?

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Probably. Those two enable one another.
PSP

Cheebs

• How's my posting? Call 1-866-MAF-BANS to report flame bait.
Your board is fun to troll because all those like 15 year old gaffers have no sense of humor but without shake to co-troll it's going to be boring. meh. I mean there are people there losing their shit over the mere possibility of Armond White giving Inception a bad review. It's hilarious. There is no use for that forum other than the hilarious trolling of the oblivious gaf kid rejects. Ichi was the best at it though.  :lol
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 01:15:58 AM by Cheebs »

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
id like to see a reason for shakes ban, if only cause Im wondering if I missed something awesome
萌え~

Smooth Groove

Dumb disruptive trolls getting banned. I FOR ONE WILL CRY MYSELF TO SLEEP in my current drunken stupor. And no, he doesn't deserve 2 warnings. We all know what he's doing. So does he.

Cheebs

Dumb disruptive trolls getting banned. I FOR ONE WILL CRY MYSELF TO SLEEP in my current drunken stupor. And no, he doesn't deserve 2 warnings. We all know what he's doing. So does he.
Eh, it was just WYL the only purpose of that board as far as I  could tell was troll the innocent kids who still get their panties wet over tv spots. The fact that board got so much discussion in this topic is amazing.

Edit: PD laying down the law.  :lol
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 01:20:38 AM by Cheebs »

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Repost: It's no coincidence that Shake has either been banned or destroyed every forum he's posted at. He's my man but he's just not interesting in stable message boards. He has to start shit.

But at the same time: banning him without warning reeks of GAF bullshit

Bulleta©™®

Eh, some people don't mind just blabbing to folks, if all you're going to do is be an asshole, like Shake has at GAF, here, and there, what's the use of someone like him? Zero.  He's just a disruptive manbaby.  I would've banned him the first day I was there if I accepted that mod position there.  Posters like that are poison.  If all you're going to do is try to piss people off, just fuck off.

He was told to stop being a dipshit in several threads.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 01:26:39 AM by Bulleta©™® »

Smooth Groove

Eh, it was just WYL the only purpose of that board as far as I  could tell was troll the innocent kids who still get their panties wet over tv spots. The fact that board got so much discussion in this topic is amazing.

Edit: PD laying down the law.  :lol

To be clear, I'm just mocking that post.  

Cheebs

No one topped Ichi's trolling at that little forum though. I even fell for it.

Smooth Groove

Shake was acting like a jerk as usual but he still should have got his warning.  It's not that hard to warn him twice.  Why make rules if you're just gonna be above them?  That kinda crap is exactly why WYL was made.  Supposedly.

Bulleta©™®

Yeah I dunno what Ichi was mad at me about.  He should grow some boobs.  They asked/told Shake to stop being a shitcake in threads.  You really don't have to say "or you will get banned", they did warn him, and he didn't give a shit.  He just kept right on going being a dick.

We're not all gaf rejects there, I left on my accord.  :chicken
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 01:31:55 AM by Bulleta©™® »

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Your board is fun to troll because all those like 15 year old gaffers have no sense of humor but without shake to co-troll it's going to be boring. meh. I mean there are people there losing their shit over the mere possibility of Armond White giving Inception a bad review. It's hilarious. There is no use for that forum other than the hilarious trolling of the oblivious gaf kid rejects. Ichi was the best at it though.  :lol

Till Wrath decided to spoil the fun. :(

Pretty lame Shake got banned without even a PM warning him to stop trolling, though.  WYL really is the very worst of GAF but in a smaller, more concentrated form.

Yeah I dunno what Ichi was mad at me about.  He should grow some boobs.  They asked/told Shake to stop being a shitcake in threads.  You really don't have to say "or you will get banned", they did warn him, and he didn't give a shit.  He just kept right on going being a dick.

We're not all gaf rejects there, I left on my accord.  :chicken

I was trolling you because I thought you were some random GAFfer.  I didn't realize you were Red Scarlet, a poster who I personally think personifies the best in gaming. :american
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 01:33:24 AM by Ichirou »
PS4

Cheebs

Read your pms ichi.

Bulleta©™®

Would a warning PM even do anything with him? Public ones didn't.  I don't even know why you're defending such a waste of reading.

You guys at least try to have a conversation.  :hump

I don't see why you wouldn't want to troll me after you knew who I was.  :heartbeat
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 01:34:58 AM by Bulleta©™® »

Cheebs

It's all about a balancing act.  :tophat

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Would a warning PM even do anything with him? Public ones didn't.  I don't even know why you're defending such a waste of reading.

You guys at least try to have a conversation.  :hump

I don't see why you wouldn't want to troll me after you knew who I was.  :heartbeat

Because you're more fucking hardcore than anyone here.

:bow Red Scarlet :bow2
PS4

Phoenix Dark

The problem is WYL's mods aren't following their own idealistic ambitions. They're the ones who brought up ban warnings, not Cheebs.

Shake was going to get shit canned eventually regardless. What a shame his latest e-death will probably sow the seeds for WYL's demise

Bulleta©™®

Ichi: Okay.

If people leave because someone like Shake got banned, they probably weren't worth staying around anyway.

Cheebs

What a shame his latest e-death will probably sow the seeds for WYL's demise
That was the case for Mupepe's board, Lyte Edge's board, and Ichi's board as well.

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Indeed.  The banning of Shake is almost always the harbinger of a forum's death.  Only Evilbore has avoided that fate, and that's because Shake left of his own volition.
PS4

Phoenix Dark

Might as well start the clock.

If WYL was a film it wouldn't gross $250mil in the US. Game over

Cheebs

is 250 mil your threshold for everything?  :lol

And Ichi figured out the twist to it all. Shake DOES remain unbanned at EB.

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
The problem is WYL's mods aren't following their own idealistic ambitions. They're the ones who brought up ban warnings, not Cheebs.

Exactly.  If they're behaving like this when the forum has less than 500 members, I can't see them behaving better once they have MORE people to watch over.
PS4

Smooth Groove

Actually, I recant my position on this issue and side with the respectable Bulleta©™®.  Ichi, Cheebs and Shake deserve to be banned or sanctioned without any warnings.  There's not been one forum that they've failed to make worse. 

Cheebs

Exactly.  If they're behaving like this when the forum has less than 500 members, I can't see them behaving better once they have MORE people to watch over.
It's like I said a few days ago, its people as admin/mods who have no clue what they are doing and basically running it like gaf. Its obviously flailing already.

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Stabbed in the back by my own personal physician. :(
PS4

Cheebs

Eh?

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
I meant Smooth Groove. :lol
PS4

Phoenix Dark

[youtube=560,345]6zJv0gssH2s[/youtube]
:rofl

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
:lol

I bet FM would never do something like that.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
:lol

I bet FM would never do something like that.

He would pin her in with cans of sake. ^_^;
©@©™

Bulleta©™®

Try asking the chapel guy, I think he made/put it up.

I like the place, but I wish there was something to kickstart the gaming side, both here and there.

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
I think most people who came here originated at GAF.  Not much room to talk, bro.
PS4

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
A troll was banned? On the INTERNET?
vjj

Bulleta©™®

You like the place because you like stupid forums, which is why you were a mod at GAF.

I guess, dunno who you are.  I like places that there's actual discussion.  People like shake add no such thing.  Why are you here exactly? This place isn't really the bumpingest place around.  I mean, if this place is the cream of the crop to you...hmm.  Nothing wrong with a place to bullshit, which is what EB seems to be, but sure thing, trying to have a decent back-and-forth is stupid.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 04:11:49 AM by Bulleta©™® »

etiolate

Maybe if Shake didn't bail out of the Armond White discussion as soon as it required 'real talk' he could have maintained the illusion of worth.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
Get on the gaming side and stir things up, Bulleta.  You're a part of the forum here now, talk about whatever you'd like to talk about and maybe some of the lurkers will come out of the shadows and join in. 

Personally I like a slower paced forum, GAF moves so fast sometimes that interesting threads disappear within hours. 
sup

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Agreed with Eel.  The gaming side here could use some love.  I started a Fallout 3 thread but pretty much all the usual suspects came out of the woodwork to start trolling me.  It's turned into a somewhat legitimate thread now thanks to a few people (Bildi, demi, Joe, BlueTsunami, tiesto, lyte) who are contributing real discussion and helping me to "get" the game and play it on its own terms.
PS4

Bulleta©™®

I've never been one to really make threads. :/
Plus I haven't gotten many new games (Devil Summoner 2 was the last new game I got).

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Problem is you don't own a 360 and that's pretty much what I'm exclusively playing these days. XD

I wouldn't suppose you've played Sakura Wars yet, have you?  I could bump that thread.  Always willing to talk about my all-time favorite game series. :heartbeat
PS4

Bulleta©™®

Nope, never have.  I do have a Sakura figure and sketch board thing or whatever though.

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
is it this one?

PS4

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
I think that although they both served a purpose at one time, either the "random gaming talk" or the "what are you playing?" thread need to die.  A lot of discussion that could have made interesting stand alone topics withered and died in those threads, and each makes the other redundant.  This board moves slowly enough that even without them a thread with very few responses would stay visible on the front page for days.
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
I understand the point behind creating catchall threads (Steam, etc), but with a board this small it just makes the forum look dead.  I mean, you might as well just have a catchall thread for everything (PS3, 360, Wii) if you're gonna go that route.
sup

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Agreed.  You should PM lyte about it, Eel.  Those catchall threads are probably doing more harm than good to the gaming side, IMO.  The forum is small enough that it can stand new threads being created for new games without having to lump them all in in one big thread.  It'll help keep the discussion livelier too, I think.
PS4