Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1781067 times)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
oreo flurry > himu's pussy
fat

Himu

i agree
IYKYK

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
No way

NO WAY

I'm with Chip on this one.
MMA

Himu

Depends on where it's from.

You guys just aren't fruity enough to "get" strawberry shakes!
IYKYK

Himu

you should be ashamed to be evilboreans

FOR SHAME
IYKYK

Bulleta©™®

• is probably playing some game
What the hell happened to my response?  :lol

Was just responding with "well I dunno what his reply is supposed to mean, when he was replying to my reply to a guy whose first post was "you post at stupid forums".  It's quite strange to be greeted by "lol ur stupid".  Well, whatever.

I got strawberries today.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 01:35:09 AM by Bulleta©™® »

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
you should be ashamed to be evilboreans

FOR SHAME

What can I say?  I'm kind of a fruit but I'm mostly vanilla white :-/

Himu

What's your opinion on chocolate shakes?
IYKYK

Barry Egan

Bottom of the totem pole.  Chocolate ice cream is garbage.

Himu

What about mint chocolate?
IYKYK

etiolate

you bitches should try out a horchata shake

mmmmmmmm betty

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
You like the place because you like stupid forums, which is why you were a mod at GAF.

I guess, dunno who you are.  I like places that there's actual discussion.  People like shake add no such thing.  Why are you here exactly? This place isn't really the bumpingest place around.  I mean, if this place is the cream of the crop to you...hmm.  Nothing wrong with a place to bullshit, which is what EB seems to be, but sure thing, trying to have a decent back-and-forth is stupid.

That's nice but I don't see you adding anything to the gaming side yet.

I'm not much a thread starter.  I'm participating in a couple threads.  Better than bitching about GAF all day.  The last new game I got was Devil Summoner 2, last August.  There isn't too much for me to randomly make a thread about, but I'll gladly post in threads that I can say something in them.

I don't see why I am supposed to be this "savior to the gaming side" of 2 forums. :/

There's been 2 threads recently made about the 2 games I am playing right now, that L4D one about me, and that FF12 International one.  That's at least something.

Can I ask why you haven't bought any new games in almost a year? :lol
PS4

Himu

no job
IYKYK

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Unemployed?  Well, that sucks. :(
PS4

Bulleta©™®

Yeah.  Hoping to get Strange Journey for my bday next month.  Maybe DDS1 too, don't know.

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
I just started Persona 3 Portable.  I have Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2, so if you get that one, I will play through it with you and we can start a thread over in the gaming side.  I tried to start it a while back but never got very far.
PS4

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
___

Dickie Dee

If himu's pussy was a flavor what would it be? or would it just be freebasing chocolate syrup
___

Bulleta©™®

Ok, cool ichi.

Ninja

I played through a good bit of DDS1 but never managed to finish it. I've been meaning to get back to it, I have DDS2 waiting as well.
wat

Powerslave

I say Vanilla is great but Strawberry is still KiNG.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
The problem with Shake is that he wants all conversation on a particular thread of his choosing (considering how much he posts, it is a lot) to be about himself or for him to act as a conduit for discussion for a particular thread.  If the thread ignores him or pays little mind, he will step up the fuckwittery until he forces the thread to be about him, whether the conversation is positive or negative.  Which is why he finds himself banned - nobody is impressed with Miles Trahan as much as Miles Trahan is.

He's just a selfish brat who gels well with another pampered white boy (Cheebs).  Nevertheless, WYL still sucks because they've basically become another GAF with a small fraction of the traffic and with a smaller number of quality members who make otherwise inane threads worth reading.
🍆🍆

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Ok, cool ichi.

I've never actually played through an RPG as the same time as somebody else.  People always flake out and quit and I'm left playing it by myselffff.

In other news, I played P3P and was able to get to the 16th floor of the dungeon on my very first try.  I'm playing on normal, and I don't remember it being this easy when I played FES on PS2, so I think I may actually restart the game on hard...
PS4

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator

If himu's pussy was a flavor what would it be? or would it just be freebasing chocolate syrup

it would be an arby's jamocha shake
fat

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
Interesting read about "Hollywood accounting"

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20100708/02510310122.shtml

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
[youtube=560,345]9nxcw7ln9AU[/youtube]
dog

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
The problem with Shake is that he wants all conversation on a particular thread of his choosing (considering how much he posts, it is a lot) to be about himself or for him to act as a conduit for discussion for a particular thread.  If the thread ignores him or pays little mind, he will step up the fuckwittery until he forces the thread to be about him, whether the conversation is positive or negative.  Which is why he finds himself banned - nobody is impressed with Miles Trahan as much as Miles Trahan is.

He's just a selfish brat who gels well with another pampered white boy (Cheebs).  Nevertheless, WYL still sucks because they've basically become another GAF with a small fraction of the traffic and with a smaller number of quality members who make otherwise inane threads worth reading.

Tehjaybo already gave me the scoop on WYL... makes me want to go on there, create an account, and fuck with all of them.

But I won't, mainly because I am too lazy.
HLR

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas

:rofl

Shatner wrote the story about the bike in one of his books (Star Trek Memories I think it was), but it's so much funnier to hear him and Nimoy tell it. :lol :lol :lol
PS4

Cheebs

• How's my posting? Call 1-866-MAF-BANS to report flame bait.
Shatner & Nimoy are hilarious together. I rather watch them shoot the shit than anything Star Trek related. The fact they are still spotted to this day hanging out and the like is just plain crazy:

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Pretty sure this has been posted before, but it's awesome so whatever:

[youtube=560,345]JI8ezrK6Qjs[/youtube]
dog

Stoney Mason

Not the classic skit itself but Shatner talking about how SNL works.

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Shatner & Nimoy are hilarious together. I rather watch them shoot the shit than anything Star Trek related. The fact they are still spotted to this day hanging out and the like is just plain crazy:
(Image removed from quote.)

I wonder if they hung out with DeForrest Kelley when he was still alive.  McCoy was my favorite Star Trek character. :(
PS4

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
I'm sure they did, the group back then was Shatner, Nimoy, and Kelley to the exclusion of everybody else.
dog

Stoney Mason

The classic feud.

Barry Egan

Not the classic skit itself but Shatner talking about how SNL works.

My god, no wonder that show is so awful.

lennedsay

• Senior MILF
For the record, I had a Tiramisu and chocolate gelato shake yesterday. :drool

But in general, dark chocolate shakes > *
(|)

Stoney Mason

Well to be fair to them it is a 90 minute show produced on a weekly basis. But yeah there have been other reports of how the SNL creative process works and it generally comes together very late. That particular shatner episode was also a pretty good one.

SNL works when they have great performers and great writers. It works far less well when either side of the equation is weak.

Cheebs

• How's my posting? Call 1-866-MAF-BANS to report flame bait.
SNL works when they have great performers and great writers. It works far less well when either side of the equation is weak.
Yeah, the original 5 year run of the show with Murray/Chase/Aykroyd/Belushi/etc is pure brilliance. I have the the season sets of those and the show after that is barely even comparable in quality.

Stoney Mason

Yeah, the original 5 year run of the show with Murray/Chase/Aykroyd/Belushi/etc is pure brilliance. I have the the season sets of those and the show after that is barely even comparable in quality.

I think those are very talented people and the show did have a freshness and originality back in those days that has never been exceeded but I think there have also been other good and enjoyable runs of the shows. The Carvey, Hartman cast years were also quite good and they had a pretty balanced cast. Sometimes SNL has also had individual superstars who sort of made the whole thing watchable just to see them ala Murphy, or Ferrell.

Dickie Dee

(Image removed from quote.)

I wonder if they hung out with DeForrest Kelley when he was still alive.  McCoy was my favorite Star Trek character. :(

i thought they did (iirc, the big 3 were lifelong friends) it's everyone else that for whatever reason ate themselves alive with bitterness
___

Barry Egan

If you want to produce a quality 90 minute show on a weekly basis than you should probably expect to be working at least a few hours every day.  It sounds like they just hope to get by on raw talent without putting any effort in to the craft.  I've watched the show enough to know that they land every once in a while, especially in those instances when the cast does have the raw talent necessary to get by, but man, most of their skits are excruciatingly sloppy.

Stoney Mason

If you want to produce a quality 90 minute show on a weekly basis than you should probably expect to be working at least a few hours every day.  It sounds like they just hope to get by on raw talent without putting any effort in to the craft.  I've watched the show enough to know that they land every once in a while, especially in those instances when the cast does have the raw talent necessary to get by, but man, most of their skits are excruciatingly sloppy.

I don't necessarily disagree. Honestly I think the format doesn't lend itself to excellence. Being live and being that long and having such a short turnover time. But its an institution at this point so none of that is likely to change. I've always preferred things like Kids in the Hall, or Mr. Show. But I do still occasionally watch SNL not because of quality but simply out of habit. I think a lot of people are like that. If you are home during that time, not much else is on. 

Dickie Dee

Being live is the problem. They have their pick of any writer and performer, it's just that comedy is timing, timing, timing, and performing skits they've barely had time to rehearse and then getting flung on stage to perform them once in front of an audience without getting a chance to adjust the comedy beats, and expect that to translate to the home viewer is actually a horrible horrible idea.
___

Stoney Mason

John Woo's latest film...

Actually its a chinese cop killing a hostage taker.

:nsfw

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Shatner is a cock, confirmed. Kirk was also a cock. Maybe he was method-acting?

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
John Woo's latest film...

Actually its a chinese cop killing a hostage taker.

:nsfw

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Christ, don't they have snipers in China?

Crazy ballsy to just have a plainclothes officer pull her pistol and just run at the guy, firing. 
MMA

Skidmark

Yeah that was what I thought too.

Himu

No way

NO WAY

I'm the milkshake expert round these parts, and I say Vanilla >>>> all.

you people are so BLAND
IYKYK

Stoney Mason

Barry Egan

That is a pretty big rip off of Power Thirst

[youtube=560,345]qRuNxHqwazs[/youtube]

treythemovie

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=400802

Icecream thread.

Ice Cream is a dude, right.
Does it even matter at this point? It would be a creepy poster no matter the gender.

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
That first reply with the Conan GIF is perfect.
CBG

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
^ Yea the fact that he looks up first makes it awesome  :lol

Bulleta©™®

I don't see why I am supposed to be this "savior to the gaming side" of 2 forums. :/

There's been 2 threads recently made about the 2 games I am playing right now, that L4D one about me, and that FF12 International one.  That's at least something.

No one is calling you to be a savior. Post more often was the crux of my statement, really.

He's expanding his mathematical boundaries. :teehee

im expanding something  :teehee
hahaha

:bow BlackMage :bow2

Quoting particular stuff is so complicated here. :(

I'd love to partake in the DQ9 thread, but I still have yet to play it/no idea when I will. :(  Hopefully you can make up for it for me.  :)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 07:26:50 PM by Bulleta©™® »

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
bulleta is a forum noob!  :smug

edit: aww  :'(
UNF

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
Pretty sure this has been posted before, but it's awesome so whatever:

[youtube=560,345]JI8ezrK6Qjs[/youtube]

Their commentary on the Insurrection Bluray is hilarious.
CBG

Stoney Mason