Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1780834 times)

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
Boo

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
For what its worth I've always known the gimmick of those escapist reviews hence partially why I referenced OMM.

It still isn't funny for even trying to be humorous.

magus

• LIKES FF7
oh come on guys i wasn't trying to troll EB

i don't think galaxy it's a bad game but i REALLY think it's a game that's stagnate and it REALLY pisses me off it takes whole chunk of galaxy (HECK THE FIRST BOSS IS THE SAME,I CAN'T GET OVER THIS!) so i'm bitter when on the entire web there is only one guy who says that and nobody takes him seriously because he's the like the equivalent of cranky kong

this is super mario galaxy the lost levels and it's not 10/10 material,it's 8.5/10 material! monster hunter 3 deserved a lot more attention and it got jack shit because of shitty reason such as "it doesn't have lock on" :-\

Why do you hate SMG2 when it's just about the best game on the Wii, the only system you own? You're like the worst gamer ever.

at least people can't call me a fanboy :smug

Why doesn't he discuss things that mater, such as level-design, gameplay, or challenge?
*ahem*
i shouldn't even discuss the core gameplay,i consider it an insult to you and me
my review of mario galaxy 1 hasn't gone anywhere,why don't you pause this video,pour yourself some glass of wine and go enjoy that,i'll wait here slapping myself to the face until you return
*proceed to slaps himself for 5 seconds*

damn straight he's right!
"bubububububu it has cloud mario and yoshi"
how far have we fallen :yuck
<----

etiolate

One of the most random things to see/hear when flipping channels.
[youtube=560,345]vpIVYFlywHc[/youtube]

Rman

[youtube=560,345]OYpwAtnywTk[/youtube]

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
Thats probably the most awesomest chick ever
:9

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
She looks best without make up
Boo

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
that 'aint ugly.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
Thats probably the most awesomest chick ever

Agreed.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
I'd probably marry her right now, tbh.
©@©™

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
she isn't ugly to begin with wtf!
UNF

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
Females who actively employ self-deprecating humor :heart

Robo

She looks like Sweet Dee after she fixes herself up.  :lol
obo

Donono

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
pass.

Bildi

• AKA Bildo

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
[youtube=560,345]OYpwAtnywTk[/youtube]

Vid reminds me of whiteacid/redwood.  She was an expert at taking blurry pics from optimal angles to make herself look better. 

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
that's a pretty bad-ass concept for batman.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
They should cancel that new Spider-Man game right now and make that instead.
©@©™

Robo

obo

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
PSP

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=22399617&postcount=48

someone please go here and tell this asshole that the "twist" in Shutter Island isn't the point of the movie and he's dumb and that he has bad taste.
nat

Robo

someone please go here and tell this asshole that the "twist" in Shutter Island isn't the point of the movie and he's dumb and that he has bad taste.

Are you really that offended by his comment?  

Speaking of Shutter Island, the way people talk about having seen the twist coming from a mile away makes me feel like a distinguished mentally-challenged fellow.  I don't even see how it's plausible to have guessed the conclusion considering the entire scenario is totally absurd.
obo

Cheebs

• How's my posting? Call 1-866-MAF-BANS to report flame bait.
I saw multiple people on GAF complain that the shifting cup in that interview scene was a sign of poor continuity. Which is hilarious to me. How was it not obvious that was done on purpose? People seem oblivious to what Scorsese was attempting with Shutter Island.

Case in point, the score. It wasn't like they got a composer who turned out a overly cheesy blatant score and they were stuck with it. All of the music in that was samples from other old 50's film scores that Scorsese picked out himself. There was no composer, it was all samplings put together by Scorsese himself.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

Are you really that offended by his comment?  

Speaking of Shutter Island, the way people talk about having seen the twist coming from a mile away makes me feel like a distinguished mentally-challenged fellow.  I don't even see how it's plausible to have guessed the conclusion considering the entire scenario is totally absurd.

Well, in a movie like this there are only so many ways you can go.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Either it's all real and he has to stop it [and succeeds or fails] or it's all imagined.
[close]
dog

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Film should have been in black-and-white. The end.
PSP

Cheebs

I doubt Paramount would have given Scorsese that 100 mil+ budget if he did in B/W though.

It would have worked great though and fit that 50's thriller style it was going for:

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
They could always do a black and white version for the DVD/Bluray, like with The Mist.
dog

Beezy

Film should have been in black-and-white. The end.
Can that be added on the dvd/bluray?

edit: nvm

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Well, it's already out. So I don't think it's going to happen. That was just my natural preference when I saw it in theaters. I'd put the film in my Top 5 for the year so far, but I really felt if Scorsese was inclined to make a '50s thriller, he should have gone all out.
PSP

Cheebs

but I really felt if Scorsese was inclined to make a '50s thriller, he should have gone all out.
He may be Scorsese but studios will only let you go so far when you start playing with budgets as high as Shutter Island's was.

Robo

Dial the colors back to monochrome on your TV set.  It's just like living in the 1950's.
obo

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Also watch it on a 14 inch SD TV.
dog

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
He may be Scorsese but studios will only let you go so far when you start playing with budgets as high as Shutter Island's was.

Eh, he's Scorsese. All he has to do is attach Leo to a project and it's a greenlight. He's one of the few that can push his muscle around.
PSP

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Shutter Island is utterly brilliant, and jett's just showing how much of a moron he still is.
püp

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas

Eh, he's Scorsese. All he has to do is attach Leo to a project and it's a greenlight. He's one of the few that can push his muscle around.

Scorsese couldn't even stop Harvey Scissorhands from fucking with Gangs of New York.  I think you overestimate his pull with the studios.
PS4

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Scorsese couldn't even stop Harvey Scissorhands from fucking with Gangs of New York.  I think you overestimate his pull with the studios.

His last two major films grossed over $200 million worldwide, and his last major feature got him the Oscar. Uh, no. Don't compare working with Miramax, which always comes with the known hazard of working with Harvey (especially when his last major hit was seven years prior), to the renaissance he has had as of late.
PSP

Cheebs

yeah, basically since Gangs all of his movies have been hits. Before that they did pretty average box office wise, even stuff like Goodfellas, only really decent hits were Color of Money and Cape Fear.

Leo has helped him not only be a respected director but one that can consistently make a lot of money.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
I watched Cape Fear again the other week, and I really like that flick. Scorsese should do more thrillers. He seems to like that genre.

At any rate, Scorsese has major pull. Just look at that piece of shit he just got greenlit. Does anyone really want to see that?

EDIT: I do believe he wouldn't have gotten the budget for Shutter Island that he received if he was adamant about filming it in black-and-white - but great directors do more with less! This my common complaint with directors when they get older, they have a tendency to compromise artistically because they get tired of arguing, fighting or just become plain lazy. I think there is a point in time where Spielberg would have committed seppuku if he were to learn what kind of CG shitfest his future-self turned Indy 4 into.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 01:15:54 PM by The Fake Shemp »
PSP

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas

His last two major films grossed over $200 million worldwide, and his last major feature got him the Oscar. Uh, no. Don't compare working with Miramax, which always comes with the known hazard of working with Harvey (especially when his last major hit was seven years prior), to the renaissance he has had as of late.

Shutter Island isn't a major feature? :lol
PS4

Cheebs

I still cant fucking believe Scorsese is shooting a PG-13ized action adventure fantasy movie for IMAX and in 3D. It is just so absurd that I doubt I will even believe it actually exists even as it comes out.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Guh? My entire point is that his two features prior to Shutter Island were commercial and critical successes, so if he had to pull to demand something, it was certainly then (and not during Gangs of New York). Shutter Island is another notch in his belt; it's almost grossed $300 million. I'm not sure what you're laughing about.
PSP

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Guh? My entire point is that his two features prior to Shutter Island were commercial and critical successes, so if he had to pull to demand something, it was certainly then. Shutter Island is another notch in his belt; it's almost grossed $300 million. I'm not sure what you're laughing about.

The fact that your movie-related posts usually read like a typical Ain't It Cool News talkbacker. :lol
PS4

Cheebs

A r rated thriller making 300 mil worldwide is a pretty big notch in a belt.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Way to compare posts about movies on an Internet forum to other posts about movies on an Internet forum - the ultimate zinger!

But I do give you nice props from deflecting the topic away from the fact that you were totally wrong.

PSP

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Way to compare posts about movies on an Internet forum to other posts about movies on an Internet forum - the ultimate zinger!

But I do give you nice props from deflecting the topic away from the fact that you were totally wrong.

:lol
PS4

Smooth Groove

Shutter Island was just alright.  I was really hyped for it but after watching it, I understood why it had no Oscar push.  Obviously, Shutter Island lacked the more intellectual aspects of a typical Scorsese film but that wasn't what hurt it most.  While the atmosphere was fantastic, the excitement was just never there.  There were just maybe one or two brief moments when my heat beat a little faster and those were just due to cheap scares.  Despite the beautiful production values, the film wasn't a success because it failed to achieve its purpose.  

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
SMH

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
It's an empty movie, I agree, Smooth.
PS4

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Quote from: Smooth Groove
I was really hyped for it but after watching it, I understood why it had no Oscar push.

It also may or may not have to do with the fact that it was released after the nominations were announced.
PSP

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
It was supposed to be released in October but got delayed, Willco.  Probably the reason it was delayed was because Paramount realized it had no Oscar potential, even if the official reason was "the economic downturn."
PS4

Smooth Groove

Yeah, I heard it was intentionally delayed because the studio felt it had no chance at the Oscars. 

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
There was no excitement? It was nothing BUT excitement!  :lol

Scorsese shouldn't gone with black and white, though, it's true.  I mean, he's done it before. Raging bull worked so well partly because of it's lack of color.
püp

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
There was no excitement? It was nothing BUT excitement!  :lol

YOU'RE nothing but excitement.
PS4

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
It got delayed because the studio felt they could make more money in February, and they were right. If it was an art house flick, it might have stayed put. But it was designed as a commercial vehicle, and the fact that you no longer need to be an art house flick to get a Best Picture nomination means the film wasn't hurt by the move.

It was released too early this year to get a fightin' chance next year, but I wouldn't be surprised with production nominations.

EDIT: Also depends on whether or not this year continues to suck total shit.
PSP

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Okay, Willco.  Sure. You've got the inside scoop. :lol
PS4

Smooth Groove

I guess we'll see who's right at this year's Oscars. 

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Yes, because $100 million films have always hedged their bets on Oscar nominations. And not, y'know, making money. We're not talking about A Serious Man.

Genre stuff was set last October. It would have had to go against Zombieland, Paranormal Activity, Saw, etc.

That demographic was a lot more liable to see an unknown flick like Shutter Island in February, when NOTHING was out, versus October.
PSP