Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1780868 times)

bagofeyes

• blow me - I deserve it
living with in-laws must be a fucking nightmare after a while.

Himu

I'm not sure which souljah boy song is worse: Goku or Anime.
IYKYK

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
living with in-laws must be a fucking nightmare after a while.

Depends how much you hate your own family I guess

itm

Beezy

You just mad cause you don't have that super saiyan swagger.

Beezy

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace

Wait they are not the same song  :o

*goes to listen*

smh

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
damn. soulja boy's girl is hot as fuck. if he can keep that sort of company while actively making an ass out of himself, I say more power to him.  :bow2

Cheebs

• How's my posting? Call 1-866-MAF-BANS to report flame bait.
http://wastingyourlife.com/forums/on-topic/go-watch-the-it-crowd-879.html

costanza how could you

Who cares. It's like a 18 or 19 year old kid telling people what is worthwhile in entertainment. It's laughable.

:rofl
Your weird hatred of Fawlty Towers confuses me. It is seen by like EVERYONE as one of the greatest sitcoms ever made. What in the world about it is so shitty to you? It's writing is fucking amazing. The way the story slowly builds up into all out chaos each episode with every single little detail all coming to meet in the end to leave Fawlty in just the most horrible position possible, it is a show I am constantly in awe of how well structured  it is when watching it. No sitcom has that type of skilled writing behind it. That type of writing is deserved of every accolade it gets. Even if you don't find it funny I can't see not at least respecting how well structured and consistently unique the stories are by Cleese's writing. It's like you just see the laugh track and the mock-minority character and refuse to continue.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 08:48:50 AM by Cheebs »

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
I made more money than that monthly on JET.  That's crazy!

Just about everyone I have talked to working in IT has also told me that you make like half as much doing the same work in Japan as you would elsewhere.  Still, I wouldn't mind living there again.  If I could somehow find a good job near the in-laws, we'd get their house and have no rent/mortgage to have to bother with.

If you didn't hate teaching, you should open your own English school.  That's what I did and I'm making a hell of a lot more than I did working for GEOS and even more than I made as a provincial mental health worker back in Canadia.  People interested in English are flocking to little mom and pops after the double-whammy NOVA/GEOS burn.

Out of curiosity, and because I don't follow English teaching over there, did you guys have your housing and transportation paid for? I would say that's the one major benefit for working at some Japanese game companies.

Also those numbers Cormac threw out there were pretty off in relation to I've personally seen quoted and been told by friends. Granted different companies obviously have different pay rates, different entry level positions (planner, producer, programmer, etc.) also have different pay, being or foreigner or will also affect your pay, and that's not counting end of year bonuses at all. I wouldn't take his numbers too seriously.

Dude, i've been listening to game industry friends in Japan bitch for years. Give me a little credit, please. I specified an entry level position, i.e. for someone coming straight out of an English-teaching gig. If you're older or can do something else useful, I'm sure you can get more to start.
vjj

archie4208

[youtube=560,345]GYlj4gvWJD0[/youtube]

Soulja Boy :bow2

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
http://wastingyourlife.com/forums/on-topic/go-watch-the-it-crowd-879.html

costanza how could you

Who cares. It's like a 18 or 19 year old kid telling people what is worthwhile in entertainment. It's laughable.

:rofl
Your weird hatred of Fawlty Towers confuses me. It is seen by like EVERYONE as one of the greatest sitcoms ever made. What in the world about it is so shitty to you? It's writing is fucking amazing. The way the story slowly builds up into all out chaos each episode with every single little detail all coming to meet in the end to leave Fawlty in just the most horrible position possible, it is a show I am constantly in awe of how well structured  it is when watching it. No sitcom has that type of skilled writing behind it. That type of writing is deserved of every accolade it gets. Even if you don't find it funny I can't see not at least respecting how well structured and consistently unique the stories are by Cleese's writing. It's like you just see the laugh track and the mock-minority character and refuse to continue.

Yeah, Fawlty Towers is good stuff.

[youtube=560,345]78b67l_yxUc[/youtube]
dog

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
Essentially Cheebs nailed it in that thread over there. The same stuff that Costanza thinks is brilliant nowadays in 10 or 20 years, the next generation will roll around and think is garbage. Repeat process and cycle.

As a general note while every country has good stuff I've always had a particular fondness for the best of british humour. Their particular social neuroses are more appealing to me than american ones.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 10:29:13 AM by Stoney Mason »

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Yeah, costanza is wrong again.  Big surprise.
PS4

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Costanza also hated on The Big Lebowski in another thread.  :lol
dog

Himu

HOW CAN A SEINFELD FAN BE SO WRONG

SEINFELD FANS ARE USUALLY AWESOME

SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS ANOMALY
IYKYK

bagofeyes

• blow me - I deserve it
leper costanza

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
He should have been lepered when he came begging for free XBox Live codes only to re-sell them on eBay.
PS4

Cheebs

He has called Community better than Seinfeld iirc. Does he even count as a Seinfeld fan anymore?

Himu

He has called Community better than Seinfeld iirc. Does he even count as a Seinfeld fan anymore?

:lol :lol :lol :lol
IYKYK

Himu

I like Community but that's such a ridiculous statement. Please tell me you're joking Cheebs.
IYKYK

Cheebs

I like Community but that's such a ridiculous statement. Please tell me you're joking Cheebs.
I cant recall 100% but I am pretty sure. It was either that or Arrested Development. I know he said it was better than one of those two.

Himu

I don't see what's wrong with Community. It's a fun show with a great cast of characters. Had one of the better first seasons of any other recent comedy I can think of too.
IYKYK

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
community is awesome

foreigners get out
Tonya

Himu

community is awesome

foreigners get out

IYKYK

Beezy

I don't see what's wrong with Community. It's a fun show with a great cast of characters. Had one of the better first seasons of any other recent comedy I can think of too.
agreed

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
Costanza isn't Community's fault
___

Himu

They did the avatar thing like three episodes into the show so that rationale makes no sense. And what gaf hive mind? That's obviously the gaf community thread clique. The community thread is huge and has a lot of posters. Of course you're going to notice Community avatars more than say, Chuck avatars.
IYKYK

Himu

You mean like every other tv show clique? Lost gaf does the same thing. Chuck gaf does the same thing. This isn't "gaf hive mind". It's just people a part of a sub-community (in this case, a specific thread) posting in other parts of the board.

"gaf hive mind" is so played out.
IYKYK

Himu

[youtube=560,345]H0xdJRu542k[/youtube]
IYKYK

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
costanza is trolling you guys.

hope you all realize this.
nat

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
[youtube=560,345]zDhtBYT8NKQ[/youtube]
püp

Himu

Who gives a fuck what they think. They're like 20 posters out of thousands. Doesn't stop Community from being awesome.
IYKYK

Solo

Community is lots of fun. But AD shits on it.

Himu

Why are people comparing a classic multi-season show to a show that has had only one season?
IYKYK

Cheebs

Why are people comparing a classic multi-season show to a show that has had only one season?
AD only ran for 55 episodes, Community is already at 25 or so. It's not like we are comparing a long 7-8 season long running show to a brand new sitcom.

magus

• LIKES FF7
Costanza also hated on The Big Lebowski in another thread.  :lol
wait there are people that hate the big lebowski? :o
smh
<----

Cheebs

He is also said he refuses to watch old movies back on gaf when I was still positng there.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
considering where we are, you guys are trolled way too easily.
nat

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

It's from posts on his own forum.
dog

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator

You do know its just Himuro right? Just so we're clear.
fat

Beezy

And Arrested Development was great, Community is no where near that.
It doesn't need to be. It's still funny.

Eric P

• Icon

David Cross showed up and threw down to No Age in brooklyn last night.
Tonya

Robo

(Image removed from quote.)

:rock
obo

Himu

[youtube=560,345]qBiI6YRfWIY[/youtube]

CANNOT FUCKING WAIT

omg
IYKYK

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier

CANNOT FUCKING WAIT

Finally, an AMC series worth the hype.
PSP

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
The Walking Dead is gonna be so fucking good. I love some of the music choices in that spot too, melancholic and desperate.

(Image removed from quote.)

Oh my God :lol :bow2
:9

Robo

Awful trolling.  Simply awful.
obo

CANNOT FUCKING WAIT

Looks great, taking over Mad Men's slot when the season ends?

Oh Will.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:18:09 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

Himu

CANNOT FUCKING WAIT

End yourself
IYKYK

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
Mad Men :bow2

Breaking Bad :bow2

Rubicon (maybe) :bow2

The Walking Dead :bow2

What's the Walking Dead about?

College students who foolishly took 8am classes
:9

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
I seriously do not like Mad Men. Breaking Bad is alright, but also overhyped.
PSP

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
:piss Mad Men :piss2

:bow The Walking Dead :bow2

PSP

Eric P

• Icon
i don't get the mad men love either

i enjoyed the first season but not enough to watch anything else from that show
Tonya

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
I seriously do not like Mad Men. Breaking Bad is alright, but also overhyped.

shit taste mayne
___

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
And Arrested Development was great, Community is no where near that.
It doesn't need to be. It's still funny.

I'm not saying it should be great or anything, I just think its not funny at all. Can someone post a scene they think is funny or something so I can find this funny in Community? cause that seems impossible.

don't be such a cunt man.  Just accept that people like, much like we can accept that some people don't.

as for a clip, this is what sold me the show

http://www.hulu.com/watch/99684/community-this-is-krumping

also, joel's monologues are usually fantastic such as this

http://www.hulu.com/watch/96398/community-sharks-pencils-and-ben-affleck#s-p4-sa-i1
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:32:47 PM by BrandNew »
püp

Himu

:lol willco
IYKYK

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Here's my review of Mad Men: zzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz

I even dig Breaking Bad, but the Internet has a terrible track record of overhyping serialized dramas in general. See: The Sopranos, Battlestar Galactica, Lost, etc.
PSP

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
I'll agree with all of that.  Except I haven't watched Mad Men or Breaking Bad yet so I can't say anything about them.
püp

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
Here's my review of Mad Men: zzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz

I even dig Breaking Bad, but the Internet has a terrible track record of overhyping serialized dramas in general. See: The Sopranos, Battlestar Galactica, Lost, etc.

don't forget the worst of them all: Heroes  :punch
UNF

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
The Heroes love on GAF lasted maybe two weeks.
püp