Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1883696 times)

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
trey parker and matt stone are celebrities with a soapbox and they have SOMETHING TO SAY about other celebrities using soapboxes for their political views

it's all, uh, very meta or something
Yeah there has always been a bit of a hypocritical thing going on with that show...

But like I said for me they will occasionally just nail a good point via comedy in a way that other people don't seem capable of so I give them a pass in that regard.

What's a bit annoying is when internet people just blindly parrot positions from that show.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 01:03:40 PM by Stoney Mason »

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
Their comedy chops are undeniable, it's just their whole "pox on both their houses" bit really gets grating sometimes.

It seems like they are still stuck in the 90s somewhere where "Political Correctness" was a juicy plum just ready to be picked, instead of living in a country where 40% believes the President of the United States is a secret Muslin.
___

Stoney Mason

Their comedy chops are undeniable, it's just their whole "pox on both their houses" bit really gets grating sometimes.

It seems like they are still stuck in the 90s somewhere where "Political Correctness" was a juicy plum just ready to be picked, instead of living in a country where 40% believes the President of the United States is a secret Muslin.

Yeah that's why I prefer Judge. I think his version of balanced is better than their version of balanced.

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
trey parker and matt stone are celebrities with a soapbox and they have SOMETHING TO SAY about other celebrities using soapboxes for their political views

They are contrarians, don't know why you don't give them dap.

Still, whenever I hear that I think, "Git yer ass to Alabama," I wonder how mockable they'd find Al Gore advocating againt Global Warming would be then while shotgunning the morlocks.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 01:14:52 PM by Mamacint »
___

Mupepe

• Icon

It's all very annoying.  And even more annoying considering half of the time they're not even clever.

archie4208

The latest episode of South Park was hilarious, and that comes from someone who hasn't watched the show in several years.  I caught a few previous episodes from the current season and they weren't nearly as funny.

Raban

I've never liked South Park and I get shit from my friends all the time about it. It's just a really dumb show to me.

Mupepe

• Icon
A satellite sticking out of a fat kid's ass > Just another person's opinion on Jersey Shore

magus

• LIKES FF7
don't like south park either... i remember one episode where they counted how many times they could say shit or something,that's not funny,that's vulgar >:(

anyway,i know that a lot of these movie are terrible but i still loves to death jokes like this
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

so that's the kind of stuff i'm looking for,unfortunately i know almost every movie that is slightly related to david zucker,his brother,jim abrahams or leslie nielsen so i don't know where to look >:(
<----

Raban

don't like south park either... i remember one episode where they counted how many times they could say shit or something,that's not funny,that's vulgar >:(

anyway,i know that a lot of these movie are terrible but i still loves to death jokes like this

so that's the kind of stuff i'm looking for,unfortunately i know almost every movie that is slightly related to david zucker,his brother,jim abrahams or leslie nielsen so i don't know where to look >:(

This difference is Scary Movie 1, 2 and 3 are actually funny sometimes. The rest of Zucker's stuff past that is completely stupid.

Beezy

:o :o :o

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
That is pretty cool if it's real.
©ZH

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
Probably, but not this extreme. Especially stressing the "strong" and "independent" part
They may not vocalise that part but they try and show it. The major difference is I think Asian and Indian girls on some level realise culturally once they get married they get lumped with domestic chores so they try hard to fight that expectation from men.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Southpark is funny although every episode basically boils down to:

"hey guys this is so cool, everyone is doing it!"
"it's ok i guess.."
"omg why aren't you hip, faggurt?"
"jeez i said it's ok, i'm just not a big fan!"
"wow what a loser, come on guys lets go"
"fine go!"

Then at the end they realize cool thing x isn't so cool. except for Cartman

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick

:o :o :o

Soooooooo fake!
Drunk

Beezy

So they're not performing the song with their iphones?

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
So they're not performing the song with their iphones?

It wasn't improvised, and it wouldn't surprise me if they weren't performing either, you never know with them hipsters.
Drunk

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer

That is very Republican-like in your thought process.

"This show should only accommodate my political views!"
🍆🍆

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
The 600th anniversary of the Prague Astronomical Clock. I thought it was pretty cool, at least.

[youtube=560,345]QjWJHEmFfPA[/youtube]
^_^

Mupepe

• Icon
The 600th anniversary of the Prague Astronomical Clock. I thought it was pretty cool, at least.

[youtube=560,345]QjWJHEmFfPA[/youtube]
holy shit that is awesome

Bebpo

It's like Assassin's Creed 2 is real

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
Fistful must be in heaven
:9

Stoney Mason

Fresh Prince

Fistful must be in heaven
too athletic for his tastes I bet.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
[youtube=560,345]j-IAO3gfRfo[/youtube]

I don't even ..

Phoenix Dark

[youtube=560,345]wzMj3admX04[/youtube]

Beezy

Why PD, why?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:rofl
[close]

Tieno

• Iconz
shame it's not www.iam-cumming.cum
i

Tieno

• Iconz
i

Tieno

• Iconz
i

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
[youtube=560,345]ojVtm4QYapw[/youtube]
dog

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
phillips is bad, very bad, very bad

heefy
sup

Himu

[youtube=560,345]-z4iw8Ppo1o[/youtube]

:rofl his hair

this whole thing reminds me of cowboy bebop

IYKYK

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
Burdatz
19 minutes ago

My head is shaped like a dick,

your argument is invalid.

:lol
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
:lol @ 7:40
sup

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Finnish aspergers?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 12:05:27 PM by Great Rumbler »
dog

Robo

obo

Phoenix Dark

:lol

Stoney Mason

Ya know I use to actually like Costanza. Man was I stupid.

http://twitter.com/danharmon/status/27518812063

Costanza

You are stupid. For not realizing Harmon is the one who's being an immature prick because me and snesfreak pointed out some terrible, out of character writing in this week's episode. "LOL HE TOLD OFF COSTANZA!!! LETS IGNORE THE CONTEXT AND ALL LOL GUYS"

fucking distinguished mentally-challenged fellows.

Fresh Prince

Costanza probably revels in the attention tho.

Stoney Mason

You are stupid. For not realizing Harmon is the one who's being an immature prick because me and snesfreak pointed out some terrible, out of character writing in this week's episode. "LOL HE TOLD OFF COSTANZA!!! LETS IGNORE THE CONTEXT AND ALL LOL GUYS"

fucking distinguished mentally-challenged fellows.

dude you're an attention whore. And its only getting worse.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
I've never watched that show. Probably shit.
fat

Fresh Prince

RE: Harmon
On one hand that's his 'baby', on the other I wouldn't give the time of day to internet critics.

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Her
« Reply #16906 on: October 16, 2010, 05:28:59 PM »
Please tweet to Harmon that you were just exercising your joke character Costanza.  That would just be the dollop of whip cream on this schadenfreude sundae.

Stoney Mason

RE: Harmon
On one hand that's his 'baby', on the other I wouldn't give the time of day to internet critics.

Its not even that I care about Harmon or even know who he is or whether he's a dick or not. If I was to predict anybody who would get into internet twitter drama with somebody from that show on this entire planet it would be costanza. Which is fucking sad.

The problem is his gimmick is so bland and predictable.

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Her
« Reply #16908 on: October 16, 2010, 05:34:50 PM »
You dilute the truth of the matter by calling it a gimmick.  Costanza's posts are predictable because he is bland and predictable.  In his soul.

Fresh Prince

I don't know. harmon should know that there are crazies on the internet. he has a twitter page so he left himself open, responding was the worst thing he could of done.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa

wtf how come no one told me happy cat died?? :'(
pcp

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?

This difference is Scary Movie 1, 2 and 3 are actually funny sometimes. The rest of Zucker's stuff past that is completely stupid.

Right, so you hate South Park, but think the Scary Movies are funny? Dumb shit

Arbys Roast Beef Sandwich

• •••
I've never watched that show. Probably shit.
うぐう

Phoenix Dark

Never seen an episode but I'm pretty sure the writers know the characters way more than Costanza or any viewer does

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

Stoney Mason

Never seen an episode but I'm pretty sure the writers know the characters way more than Costanza or any viewer does

One last point and I'll shut up about this. It's not that you can't have these opinions. I post all kind of shit like this in the movie or tv thread. It's just this weird thing that social media sites set up in people where they feel like they are buddies with people they have never met and suddenly they feel the need to converse with them as if they are real life buddies. I made a post a few days ago in this very thread saying David Jaffe was an ass. But you know I'm not going to go to his blog and leave that comment in his sections or email him, or twitter him to let him know my opinions on him or his games. BECAUSE THAT'S CREEPY!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 06:17:48 PM by Stoney Mason »

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
yeah, a woman i know irl adds all these comic creators and celebs on her facebook and talks about them as if she knows them on a personal level, it's pretty weird
sup

Fresh Prince

One last point and I'll shut up about this. It's not that you can't have these opinions. I post all kind of shit like this in the movie or tv thread. It's just this weird thing that social media sites set up in people where they feel like they are buddies with people they have never met and suddenly they feel the need to converse with them as if they are real life buddies. I made a post a few days ago in this very thread saying David Jaffe was an ass. But you know I'm not going to go to his blog and leave that comment in his sections or email him, or twitter him to let him know my opinions on him or his games. BECAUSE THAT'S CREEPY!
Stephen Fry knows all :bow2
http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/1158981/c4b513f2/stephen_fry.html

Deep down Constanza hates himself.

Phoenix Dark

Agreed 100%. I've talked with writers and musicians before online and irl. Criticizing someone you don't know over their creative work can be done, but there's a line there. As a fan of course you want to talk to someone you like, but that doesn't mean you bombast them with shit. Seriously.

Costanza

Can anyone guess how many times C0stanza contacted Harmon on Twitter? Because he sounded like he's fed up with him.

Nah. He was pissed about last week when I was spreading that rumor that the show was canceled to GAF. I don't @ him that often.