Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1780558 times)

archie4208

Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Here!)
« Reply #17700 on: November 05, 2010, 12:41:38 PM »
The most important thing I got out of that thread is that Segata was chased off GAF.  :'(

At least he'll have more time to post snarky replies here.  :heart

Robo

Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Here!)
« Reply #17701 on: November 05, 2010, 12:46:20 PM »
There are like 15 bannings in that thread as a result of shit posting and trolling.  Gotta say, I kinda like the enforcement of that rule.
obo

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #17702 on: November 05, 2010, 12:49:14 PM »
RoboJ... I dont see any shit posting or trolling except by the OP
fat

Robo

« Reply #17703 on: November 05, 2010, 12:53:18 PM »
Aww, were those your alts?
obo

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #17704 on: November 05, 2010, 12:57:33 PM »
Nah, I know shit posting and trolling when I see it, so I avoided that thread  ;)
fat

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17705 on: November 05, 2010, 01:00:59 PM »
There are like 15 bannings in that thread as a result of shit posting and trolling.

Jarosh's post proves that GAF isn't interested in actually discussing games, just in gathering around in a big circle and gushing about how awesome their favorite games are.
dog

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #17707 on: November 05, 2010, 01:06:45 PM »
There are like 15 bannings in that thread as a result of shit posting and trolling.

Jarosh's post proves that GAF isn't interested in actually discussing games, just in gathering around in a big circle and gushing about how awesome their favorite games are.

Not that I enjoy discussing games all that much (but hey, that's why I don't post on the gaming side). I've gotten into conversations with jarosh where I feel like I have nothing to say because I just don't care that much.
AMC

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
« Reply #17708 on: November 05, 2010, 01:12:23 PM »
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
CBG

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #17709 on: November 05, 2010, 01:13:12 PM »
Musicianship is for Muse fans.  People who like good music don't get into terms like that.

I guess I used the term wrongly in my case, then, because I agree.  I just think early 90s grunge is bad. *shrugs*
püp

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #17710 on: November 05, 2010, 01:13:37 PM »
early 90s grunge :heartbeat
AMC

cool breeze

« Reply #17711 on: November 05, 2010, 01:17:30 PM »

more or less, yeah.  but I'd argue that a lot of them haven't even played the games they champion.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #17712 on: November 05, 2010, 01:44:00 PM »
Who has time to play a 17 year old console? I've tried to go back and play the nes and genesis and I quit within minutes because they haven't aged well at all.
©ZH

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Her
« Reply #17713 on: November 05, 2010, 01:50:10 PM »
Looking at some BET award vids...wow. In 2010 there's no excuse for yelling over vocal tracks at concerts. That shit sounds atrocious. No wonder so many rappers aren't making money: their shit sounds so bad in concert, who would pay for that?

make it sound good jeez
[youtube=560,345]8PfuIm4Onhc[/youtube]

Poor MCA, he looks like he's still suffering from the cancer.
USA

« Reply #17714 on: November 05, 2010, 02:05:08 PM »
Musicianship is for Muse fans.  People who like good music don't get into terms like that.

Pretty much.
野球

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #17715 on: November 05, 2010, 02:18:07 PM »
Who has time to play a 17 year old console? I've tried to go back and play the nes and genesis and I quit within minutes because they haven't aged well at all.
Yup.  I spent a good hour with Super Mario Bros 3 a few months back.  I haven't touched it since.  I have my NES, SNES, Genesis, Saturn and N64 all hooked up and I rarely touch them.

Bulleta©™®

• is probably playing some game
« Reply #17717 on: November 05, 2010, 03:04:12 PM »
I still play my NES and all those. :(

Maybe I'll play/stream random NES games this weekend since my stream pals are going on trips and stuff.

magus

• LIKES FF7
<----

etiolate

« Reply #17719 on: November 05, 2010, 03:40:59 PM »
wtf why is everyone banned in that thread

Bulleta©™®

« Reply #17720 on: November 05, 2010, 03:41:47 PM »
I don't know French.

Tieno

• Iconz
« Reply #17721 on: November 05, 2010, 03:48:11 PM »
wtf why is everyone banned in that thread
disagreeing with jarosh has painful consequences.
i

Bulleta©™®

« Reply #17722 on: November 05, 2010, 03:59:43 PM »
croissandwich

:chicken

« Reply #17723 on: November 05, 2010, 04:03:57 PM »
soup du jour!
野球

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
AMC

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
« Reply #17725 on: November 05, 2010, 04:15:40 PM »
smh

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #17726 on: November 05, 2010, 04:31:41 PM »

:bow2

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17727 on: November 05, 2010, 04:38:24 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=412234

more importantly why are the first 5 poster banned? :lol

Because they are worthless posters who make worthless posts.
dog

lordoftherink

« Reply #17728 on: November 05, 2010, 04:44:55 PM »

Nailed it.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 05:02:51 PM by lordoftherink »

Fresh Prince

« Reply #17729 on: November 05, 2010, 04:56:34 PM »
I never realized DKC needed an in depth critique

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #17730 on: November 05, 2010, 04:57:29 PM »

Nailed it. OP is a troll post
fat

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #17731 on: November 05, 2010, 04:59:49 PM »
did jarosh ever posted here?

Nailed it. OP is a troll post

ban this filth!
:lol
<----

Fresh Prince

« Reply #17732 on: November 05, 2010, 05:02:08 PM »
Yes, you need wrika to post new pics for him to show up.

Tieno

• Iconz
« Reply #17733 on: November 05, 2010, 05:07:45 PM »
Yes, you need wrika to post new pics for him to show up.
oh snap :omg
i

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #17734 on: November 05, 2010, 05:23:33 PM »
feels good to finally have someone else peaking the truth on dkc.  the real truth, though, is that all of rare's games are just half-assed me-too attempts at better games, and the only reason they were hugely popular was because of nintendo manchild ignorance
pcp

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
:9

Fresh Prince

« Reply #17736 on: November 05, 2010, 05:30:33 PM »
oh snap :omg
If I had cloud in my bed I would be donkey konging cloud with imprecise collision detection

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17737 on: November 05, 2010, 05:33:56 PM »
feels good to finally have someone else peaking the truth on dkc.  the real truth, though, is that all of rare's games are just half-assed me-too attempts at better games, and the only reason they were hugely popular was because of nintendo manchild ignorance

Blast Corps, foo'.
dog

Bulleta©™®

« Reply #17738 on: November 05, 2010, 05:35:11 PM »
We'll get some Poutine  8)

I do want to try that sometime. 

Himu

« Reply #17739 on: November 05, 2010, 05:35:17 PM »
That thread is a wonderful send off to my posting at gaf.

*makes post*

ps: dkc is truly dreadful replaying it, but the music owns
IYKYK

Bulleta©™®

« Reply #17740 on: November 05, 2010, 05:37:19 PM »
I thought you left already.  I need you to watch me get smokered to death again sometime.

Himu

« Reply #17741 on: November 05, 2010, 05:38:41 PM »
Oh. I did. I just wanted to make one final post so they could ban me for endorsing something awful.

Yes, let's play tonight.
IYKYK

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Her
« Reply #17742 on: November 05, 2010, 05:41:26 PM »
SA is the best. i love how this place is like the rip off of SA with all the emotes
USA

Bulleta©™®

« Reply #17743 on: November 05, 2010, 05:43:05 PM »
Well, at least it wasn't with meatspin I guess.  Don't be a stranger, himu.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #17744 on: November 05, 2010, 05:44:23 PM »
if i ever decide to suicide account on gaf i'm doing it by calling jackson on what a shitty game scribblenauts is :lol
<----

Ganhyun

• Used to worship Muckhole. Now worships Robo.
XDF

Bulleta©™®

« Reply #17746 on: November 05, 2010, 05:45:51 PM »
if i ever decide to suicide account on gaf i'm doing it by calling jackson on what a shitty game scribblenauts is :lol

Are you Teasel/maguss?

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #17747 on: November 05, 2010, 05:50:23 PM »
that would be me
<----

Bulleta©™®

« Reply #17748 on: November 05, 2010, 05:51:37 PM »
Buy a game someday!

Rman

« Reply #17749 on: November 05, 2010, 05:51:42 PM »
You'll be back, Himuro.  I mean didn't you write EL a letter to get reinstated after your first perma?  But I agree that the gaming side is pretty much crap.  I just read the titles and OPs for news.

Bulleta©™®

« Reply #17750 on: November 05, 2010, 05:53:21 PM »
You can do it, Himu.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #17751 on: November 05, 2010, 06:04:19 PM »
Buy a game someday!

lmao. Magus annihilated
fat

Himu

« Reply #17752 on: November 05, 2010, 06:11:01 PM »
i like how that chick's cosplay is an improvement
IYKYK

magus

• LIKES FF7
<----

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #17754 on: November 05, 2010, 06:20:41 PM »
Segata left GAF? 
Oscar, whyyyyy  :-\

I really hate posters like Kevincow. They just can't accept other opinions. Fucking douchebags.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 06:22:32 PM by Third »

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #17755 on: November 05, 2010, 06:21:52 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I first thought that was Kagari. The costume upgrades her looks because you can't see the face.

etiolate

« Reply #17756 on: November 05, 2010, 06:47:57 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=412234

more importantly why are the first 5 poster banned? :lol

Because they are worthless posters who make worthless posts.

I think they used that thread as an excuse for a culling, and a lot of shitty posters got banned.

Unfortunately, using a troll thread to do it just encourages trolling and shitty posting.

GOOD JORB

Fresh Prince

« Reply #17757 on: November 05, 2010, 07:04:30 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406682

It's so weird these guys know so much shit

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #17758 on: November 05, 2010, 07:14:03 PM »
FreshPrince posted earlier - it is a Nintendo game, it doesnt require a thesis

Troll post
fat

Fresh Prince

« Reply #17759 on: November 05, 2010, 07:28:02 PM »
It's a derivative platformer that you may find fun or not fun. I don't see the point in writing a thesis.