Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1781107 times)

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Here!)
« Reply #18902 on: November 30, 2010, 11:39:48 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24672118&postcount=89

:borys

Funny considering PC was B's only outlet. He was only an xbot because everything MS did was also on PC, eventually. He couldn't afford a PS3 in Poland because his focus was on his now waifu.

:gloomy Poland :gloomy
©ZH

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Here!)
« Reply #18903 on: November 30, 2010, 11:42:16 PM »
I didn't know Borys' influence was so wide spread

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #18904 on: November 30, 2010, 11:42:33 PM »
"Terrible poster and troll."

Better look at that man in the mirror Evilore.

I do find it hilarious how the number of PC dick waving threads increases everyday over there though.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 11:44:42 PM by Stoney Mason »

Stoney Mason

« Reply #18905 on: December 01, 2010, 12:01:23 AM »
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
« Reply #18906 on: December 01, 2010, 12:07:34 AM »
I'm probably a few pages late, but Community is nothing worth being a miserable creepy fuck over. 
sad

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
« Reply #18908 on: December 01, 2010, 01:57:15 AM »
But is Alison Brie? :smug

Fresh Prince

« Reply #18909 on: December 01, 2010, 02:36:08 AM »
It was bait for costanza but then I remembered I ignored him  :'(

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #18910 on: December 01, 2010, 06:29:43 AM »
I'm probably a few pages late, but Community is nothing worth being a miserable creepy fuck over. 

Community is going to be a forgettable sitcom once it gets canceled.  Think Veronica's Closet or Just Shoot Me.

Also it seems blatantly obvious that Costanza loves the attention.  If he really didn't give a fuck about the board, then he wouldn't lurk frequently to see if people are posting about him.  What a loser.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 06:31:28 AM by The Experiment »
🍆🍆

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #18911 on: December 01, 2010, 06:36:47 AM »
Community is actually a great show. I felt some reservations as the OT people on GAF near ruined it for me (and I like to judge things on their own, not who else likes/dislikes things but I have my limits).

Normally I really like watching things then hearing feedback on what other people thought (RL people never seem to be caught up), but my advice, enjoy this great show and don't suffer through any Community |OT| threads.
___

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #18912 on: December 01, 2010, 07:28:45 AM »
Unless something has changed since the last time I watched it, Community is not a great show. Its actually bad.  The comedy feels forced and contrived.
sad

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #18913 on: December 01, 2010, 07:47:27 AM »
It's contrived, but it doesn't make it less funny for me. Not yet, at least.

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #18914 on: December 01, 2010, 08:06:49 AM »

I dunno, I guess I like it more subtle.  Community just seems obnoxious in its setup and delivery. I can't think of a single likeable character on the show either.
sad

Powerslave

« Reply #18915 on: December 01, 2010, 08:32:14 AM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24672118&postcount=89

:borys

He's right. Borys was pretty crappy. Only thing Evilore forgot to add was another 'terrible' in front of 'troll'.

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #18916 on: December 01, 2010, 09:12:25 AM »

I dunno, I guess I like it more subtle.  Community just seems obnoxious in its setup and delivery. I can't think of a single likeable character on the show either.

That show has no charisma aside from Chevy Chase. All the comedy is not just contrived but implied to the level where its trying too hard, and everything they have thats supposed to be funny is at best "I guess that could be funny" than getting an actual laugh out of me. The one liners are predictable and amateur, the gags make me gag, and the stupid comedy is just stupid. That is one show I will NEVER understand.

And before someone brings me up pop culture references there's a difference between getting the pop culture references and them being funny. Mystery Science Theater this is not.

Yep, better than I could have ever said  myself
sad

Himu

« Reply #18917 on: December 01, 2010, 09:27:50 AM »

That show has no charisma aside from Chevy Chase. All the comedy is not just contrived but implied to the level where its trying too hard, and everything they have thats supposed to be funny is at best "I guess that could be funny" than getting an actual laugh out of me. The one liners are predictable and amateur, the gags make me gag, and the stupid comedy is just stupid. That is one show I will NEVER understand.

And before someone brings me up pop culture references there's a difference between getting the pop culture references and them being funny. Mystery Science Theater this is not.

Chevy Chase? Abed and Troy kill Chase's character.

Sounds to me like someone tuned into one or two okay episodes and made a decision on the best comedy on tv today.
IYKYK

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #18918 on: December 01, 2010, 09:34:15 AM »
Big Bang Theory is several magnitudes worse.

Himuro, I watched about 4 episodes, its terrible.  Modern Family was the last sitcom I liked, but I haven't made time for it in awhile.
sad

Himu

« Reply #18919 on: December 01, 2010, 09:34:15 AM »
[youtube=560,345]fAPxPPEb5q4[/youtube]

[youtube=560,345]J8BgQmxdvJg[/youtube]

:bow
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #18920 on: December 01, 2010, 09:36:38 AM »
Big Bang Theory is several magnitudes worse.

Himuro, I watched about 4 episodes, its terrible.  Modern Family was the last sitcom I liked, but I haven't made time for it in awhile.

Sounds to me like someone just has bad taste!

[youtube=560,345]rYjiTujMJF0[/youtube]
IYKYK

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #18921 on: December 01, 2010, 09:36:51 AM »
Not funny.  He freed my monkey?  ::)

edit: And more. Just reinforces the fact this show tries way too hard with situational gimmicks without considering the most important aspect of a comedy is buildup and delivery. Everyone being snarky and having a zinger in reserve does not make for a good show.

and Modern Family was good, but like I said I haven't seen it in awhile, so maybe it dropped off at some point.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 09:39:56 AM by EmCeeGrammar »
sad

Himu

« Reply #18922 on: December 01, 2010, 09:37:36 AM »
IYKYK

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #18923 on: December 01, 2010, 09:41:28 AM »
Not funny.  He freed my monkey?  ::)

:wtf

It was somewhere in the second vid you posted, among all the piles of snark and sass being spewed.
sad

Himu

« Reply #18924 on: December 01, 2010, 09:43:00 AM »
What do you expect a comedy to be like? Not have sass and snark?
IYKYK

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #18925 on: December 01, 2010, 09:51:37 AM »

I'm probably oversimplifying just because I'm not always apt at describing my preferences. But generally you don't just throw characters into a KERAZY situation and have them say all these 'clever' quips and non sequiturs without it seeming the show is trying too hard. Its the same reason I don't care for Dane Cook's schtick. He tends to just say unfunny things loud enough and act like a jackass to elicit laughs from the audience.  But the basic message is never clever or funny.
sad

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #18926 on: December 01, 2010, 09:53:13 AM »
Apparently he needs an over the top gay character!

FABULOUS!!!!!!

Huh?  If anything flamboyant gays kinda irk me, and I don't consider the flamboyant gay guy on Modern Family to be a highlight.
sad

Himu

« Reply #18927 on: December 01, 2010, 09:54:21 AM »
I expect a comedy to be funny himu.

Chevy Chase? Abed and Troy kill Chase's character.

Sounds to me like someone tuned into one or two okay episodes and made a decision on the best comedy on tv today.

Troy is annoying, and in the 8 episodes I've seen I don't remember who the fuck abed is, says a lot.

Best comedy on tv? Please. I'll take Curb over it any day.

It's certainly the best comedy on network and basic cable.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #18928 on: December 01, 2010, 09:56:41 AM »

I'm probably oversimplifying just because I'm not always apt at describing my preferences. But generally you don't just throw characters into a KERAZY situation and have them say all these 'clever' quips and non sequiturs without it seeming the show is trying too hard. Its the same reason I don't care for Dane Cook's schtick. He tends to just say unfunny things loud enough and act like a jackass to elicit laughs from the audience.  But the basic message is never clever or funny.

I just don't see your point. That is the sole basis of comedy. I can think of almost any classic Simpsons episode where the characters will say clever quips in CRAZY SITUATIONS. Like any good comedy, you have to get to know the characters.
IYKYK

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #18929 on: December 01, 2010, 09:57:06 AM »
I just realised I'm kind of a hypocrite because I used to like Stella. That whole show was a giant non sequitur within a crazy situation. Maybe its a consistency issue?
sad

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #18930 on: December 01, 2010, 09:58:42 AM »

I just don't see your point. That is the sole basis of comedy. I can think of almost any classic Simpsons episode where the characters will say clever quips in CRAZY SITUATIONS. Like any good comedy, you have to get to know the characters.

So tell me, Himuro, what do you think of Dane Cook?
sad

Himu

« Reply #18931 on: December 01, 2010, 10:01:20 AM »
He sucks.
IYKYK

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #18932 on: December 01, 2010, 10:03:47 AM »
Anyway, Community sucks, deal with it, I'll get around to updating the orthodox of opinion later, etc.
As an aside

:lol 

« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 10:05:45 AM by EmCeeGrammar »
sad

Himu

« Reply #18933 on: December 01, 2010, 10:27:24 AM »
I guess the point I'm trying to make here is that, while I can understand how Community's brand of comedy isn't for everyone -- as it is very off the wall -- I just fail to see how anyone who likes comedy in any way can find it awful. Even though I no longer find Sunny to be particularly funny, I don't find it AWFUL or anything.

But every time someone has criticism towards Community it's always THIS IS DREADFUL and I'm like ???

It's the same brand of humor used in 30 Rock: character archetypes brought to a specific setting (30 Rock being a network tv studio and the entertainment industry; Community being around an assortment of people who attend community college and the American college education system), who mingle and form bonds, who are thrust into absurdist, cartoon-ish situations to which they react with their just as absurd and cartoon-ish characters.

Like Liz Lemon pissing in a transhcan to scare away her gay roommate.

So yeah, it's not a type of comedy that's appealing to everybody, but I just don't see how anyone raised on modern comedy can find it awful. The Big Bang Theory and The Browns, yeah that's dreadful. But Community?
IYKYK

Stoney Mason

« Reply #18934 on: December 01, 2010, 11:08:59 AM »
I like community. Very funny show to me.

But you can like something without becoming an annoying ass about it.

Lots of people get annoyed when you have a large group of people constantly in your ear pimping something ala what mojo is saying.

Himu

« Reply #18935 on: December 01, 2010, 11:25:47 AM »
Agreed.
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #18936 on: December 01, 2010, 11:35:20 AM »
Community is meh.  It's about on par with Two and a Half Men to me.  It makes me chuckle sometimes but it's mostly just boring and I usually see the jokes coming.  Good time waster though.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #18937 on: December 01, 2010, 12:10:07 PM »
Man, I wrote this whole post about opinions, and then deleted it when I decided it didn't matter.  I like what I like, and I don't give a rat's tiny shitcutter what anyone else thinks about it.
sup

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #18938 on: December 01, 2010, 12:14:46 PM »
I LOVE Lady in the Water and I've seen every single episode of Grey's Anatomy.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18939 on: December 01, 2010, 12:16:50 PM »

:fbm
dog

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #18940 on: December 01, 2010, 12:23:02 PM »
AMC

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #18941 on: December 01, 2010, 12:39:27 PM »
:rofl
©ZH

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #18942 on: December 01, 2010, 12:44:12 PM »
CAJOLE LIKES MUSE

spoiler (click to show/hide)
so do I
[close]

Tieno

• Iconz
« Reply #18943 on: December 01, 2010, 12:45:43 PM »
i

Tieno

• Iconz
« Reply #18944 on: December 01, 2010, 12:48:35 PM »
smh @ darkies

i

« Reply #18945 on: December 01, 2010, 01:09:24 PM »
I don't like Community because its trying way too hard to be funny and incorporate stupid internet memes as much as possible. That and the stupid internet fanboys.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 01:10:59 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

cool breeze

« Reply #18946 on: December 01, 2010, 01:58:20 PM »
Community is alright for the most part.  Problem is that characters became caricatures too quickly.  That and they get too silly with the situations they're placed in.  It becomes really cartoony characters in cartoony situations and at that point it's hard to care about what's going on.  A good gag or three might turn up, but for the most part, it's almost but not quite a similar progression Family Guy had.  In season 2, the only episode I really liked was the second one with Jeff's old co-worker.

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #18947 on: December 01, 2010, 02:26:06 PM »
I was thinking about giving Community another chance but those terrible terrible clips that himu posted convinced me otherwise, thanks man! and thank the comedy gods we have cable networks bringing the awesome when it comes to comedy everything in regular channels is fucking garbage.
Drunk

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18948 on: December 01, 2010, 02:36:25 PM »
Those Community clips feel like the comedy bits from some commercial, right down to the pace, editing, and music.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 02:54:33 PM by Great Rumbler »
dog

Stoney Mason

« Reply #18949 on: December 01, 2010, 02:52:48 PM »
Man, I wrote this whole post about opinions, and then deleted it when I decided it didn't matter.  I like what I like, and I don't give a rat's tiny shitcutter what anyone else thinks about it.

I find opinions interesting in some cases but I never really care whether people share mine or not. Especially on forums where its hip to go to either extreme and be contrarion just for the heck of it, or group think behind a specific opinion.

When somebody is especially obnoxious about their opinion though I do have a tendency to immediately start mocking whatever they are into.

Fresh Prince

« Reply #18950 on: December 01, 2010, 03:33:08 PM »
I don't get people who get offended over entertainment or food. Politics, crime, anti-social behaviour okay but a movie? You need something better to do.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18951 on: December 01, 2010, 03:43:01 PM »
Only movie I was ever offended by was Transformers. :smug
dog

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #18952 on: December 01, 2010, 04:08:52 PM »
Most people hate on Community because of the copious amounts of positive attention to it. Its a contrarian's duty to hate what is popular without a real reason.

See, I'm mostly just apathetic about it, I only bought into this conversation because Costanza seems like he is OBSESSED over what I think to be a mediocre show.

Only movie I was ever offended by was Transformers. :smug

Seriously, I'm all for dumb fun movies/shows and mostly don't pay  much mind otherwise.  However, The transformers movies were morbid curiosities  that made me feel borderline violated after witnessing them.
sad

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #18953 on: December 01, 2010, 06:03:44 PM »
Anyone who enjoys 30 Rock is a idiot because that show is a 1:1 copy of The Larry Sanders show which is one of the most hilarious shows EVER.
USA

Himu

IYKYK

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #18955 on: December 01, 2010, 08:03:24 PM »
http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/

:lol

Yup, number one problem with dogs is just how damn neurotic they are. And that's really a whole multitude of problems. 
sad

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
« Reply #18956 on: December 01, 2010, 09:27:04 PM »
Community is a really funny show.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #18958 on: December 01, 2010, 11:26:08 PM »
[youtube=560,345]m1xSa7gcYmU[/youtube]
[youtube=560,345]pLXn--oxvAk [/youtube]

Modern day scarecrow is so badass

« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 11:29:27 PM by ToxicAdam »

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #18959 on: December 01, 2010, 11:36:08 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

:bow FREAKS AND GEEKS :bow2

Lindsay :heartbeat
itm