Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1780707 times)

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
MMA

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Here!)
« Reply #19141 on: December 05, 2010, 12:01:58 AM »
hey you motheruckers i dont care koshiba makes my dick hard and you try being a young black man living in a world of asians
USA

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Here!)
« Reply #19142 on: December 05, 2010, 02:32:19 AM »
sup

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #19143 on: December 05, 2010, 10:32:29 AM »
Where is this koshiba pic? I must judge it.

One of you linked to her bankruptcy thread. No pics, but she does mention $10,000 in surgery bills lol.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #19144 on: December 05, 2010, 11:11:30 AM »
🍆🍆

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #19145 on: December 05, 2010, 11:17:11 AM »
She looks a lot older than she say she is. She reminds me of Frasier's radio producer, Roz was it?

Edit: wait, how old is she again?
Unzip

Himu

« Reply #19146 on: December 05, 2010, 11:17:15 AM »
lmao he's almost touching her!!!!! almost, buddy!!!!
IYKYK

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #19147 on: December 05, 2010, 11:19:43 AM »
Is this why mupepe posted the floating hand images a few pages earlier? lol
Unzip

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #19148 on: December 05, 2010, 11:29:36 AM »
She looks a lot older than she say she is. She reminds me of Frasier's radio producer, Roz was it?

She does look like Ros and is kinda hot.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #19149 on: December 05, 2010, 11:31:30 AM »
Wow, yeah, she does look a little like a young Roz (actress Peri Gilpin) from Frazier:

sup

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #19150 on: December 05, 2010, 11:32:05 AM »
I can see people being attracted to the milf vibe Koshiba emanates.
Unzip

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #19151 on: December 05, 2010, 11:32:47 AM »
She's just super fucking hot and sexy, I just want to slowly take off that black hoodie, and lay my hands on those fake tits and kiss her all over.

Post the other pictures so hot
USA

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #19152 on: December 05, 2010, 11:33:17 AM »
settle down, methodis
sup

cool breeze

« Reply #19153 on: December 05, 2010, 11:55:44 AM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=414523

Second coming of Jesus is less than 3 months away!

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I haven't actually read that thread.  The title is enough to give me a headache.
[close]

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #19154 on: December 05, 2010, 11:59:54 AM »
If that thing launches at $300, you'll be seeing a lot of "Why isn't 3DS selling better?" by the end of the year.
sup

Tieno

• Iconz
« Reply #19155 on: December 05, 2010, 12:26:16 PM »
i

bud

• a smudge of excrement on a tissue surging out to sea with a million tons of raw sewage
zzz

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19157 on: December 05, 2010, 02:24:25 PM »
This picture is just odd to me, like two different worlds meeting.

(Image removed from quote.)

"You are, how you say, "king of the world", eh? Ha. Ha. Ha."
dog

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #19158 on: December 05, 2010, 03:14:00 PM »
Nice titties, cheeseburger face fo' sho'.

A woman like that does not expect to be looked in the eye.

There are more pics of these titties?

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #19159 on: December 05, 2010, 03:41:48 PM »
Yes she gets even fucking hotter

god she is literally catnip to a nicca
USA

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #19160 on: December 05, 2010, 05:19:04 PM »
There seems to be an anti-toon FB profile picture movement now. The outcry being that the fad itself was created by pedophiles to lure kids into adding pedophiles as friends on Facebook :lol
:9

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
« Reply #19161 on: December 05, 2010, 06:42:28 PM »
Activism on the internet  ::)

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #19162 on: December 05, 2010, 08:11:33 PM »
There seems to be an anti-toon FB profile picture movement now. The outcry being that the fad itself was created by pedophiles to lure kids into adding pedophiles as friends on Facebook :lol

Can I start an anti-moe avatar movement?
___

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #19163 on: December 05, 2010, 08:42:57 PM »
i did it initially because i thought it was just a quick fad (like the lookalike shit) and i wanted an excuse to be vegeta.

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #19164 on: December 05, 2010, 09:10:30 PM »
That cartoon shit on Facebook is dumb.
SRY

Fresh Prince

« Reply #19165 on: December 05, 2010, 09:13:46 PM »
There's other shit too.

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #19166 on: December 05, 2010, 09:17:46 PM »
Allow me to revise my previous statement:

Facebook is shit. Still fun to use, though.
SRY

Fresh Prince

« Reply #19167 on: December 05, 2010, 09:28:01 PM »
[youtube=560,345]IAZlrwy30XM[/youtube]
She'll beat me at numbers, I'll beat her at letters. :heart
I also laugh at the nerds that start drooling at her when they're on the show.

I know that'd be me  :'(
[close]

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #19168 on: December 05, 2010, 09:31:43 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=414523

Second coming of Jesus is less than 3 months away!

I haven't actually read that thread.  The title is enough to give me a headache.
[close]

Were people this distinguished mentally-challenged when the ps2 was coming out?

Fresh Prince

« Reply #19169 on: December 05, 2010, 09:35:22 PM »
Yes but the internet couldn't be used as irreconcilable proof back then.

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #19170 on: December 05, 2010, 09:42:18 PM »
I don't get that math joke. Nice belt? What do you mean?
USA

Fresh Prince

« Reply #19171 on: December 05, 2010, 09:47:13 PM »
A 0 if you put a belt - looks like a 8

I think the English version is superior but our version is smarter and more personable. So conflicted
[youtube=560,345]n2Govnu1pvE[/youtube]

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #19172 on: December 05, 2010, 09:51:30 PM »
Oh I get it.

Do any of you fuckers have a website that streams british television i am addicted to it
USA

Fresh Prince

« Reply #19173 on: December 05, 2010, 10:13:26 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24755063&postcount=285

But that was the whole point of Seinfeld- everybody knew Costanza was a total fuckwit and the rest of the cast weren't far off. Friends however tried to make them actually likeable.

Anyway to sort of agree with his point. Ironically people with social distinguished mentally-challenged and narcissistic drama queens think it's normal to act like they are on Seinfeld or Friends respectively.

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #19174 on: December 05, 2010, 10:15:32 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24755063&postcount=285

But that was the whole point of Seinfeld- everybody knew Costanza was a total fuckwit and the rest of the cast weren't far off. Friends however tried to make them actually likeable.

Anyway to sort of agree with his point. Ironically people with social distinguished mentally-challenged and narcissistic drama queens think it's normal to act like they are on Seinfeld or Friends respectively.

Just from that one post, I hate that poster so much. Jesus. Hates Seinfeld AND Curb? He has to be like 13 years old.
SRY

Fresh Prince

« Reply #19175 on: December 05, 2010, 10:19:26 PM »
But he hates\loves Kanye for the same reasons I do.

There are no such things as perfect people  :'(

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #19176 on: December 05, 2010, 10:30:53 PM »
Just from that one post, I hate that poster so much. Jesus. Hates Seinfeld AND Curb? He has to be like 13 years old.

Whenever somebody starts talking about like-ability of characters and treats that as overly a positive or negative about the quality of something, I put a little check in a box in my mind that they are either emotionally immature or fairly simplistic in their taste.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 10:32:58 PM by Stoney Mason »

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #19177 on: December 05, 2010, 10:33:13 PM »
A 0 if you put a belt - looks like a 8

I thought it meant that the 8 has to wear a belt because it's size 8 and fat but I guess that doesn't make any sense
hey

Fresh Prince

« Reply #19178 on: December 05, 2010, 10:48:36 PM »
I haven't watched Seinfeld in a long time. I don't think it would hold up now.

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #19179 on: December 05, 2010, 10:52:28 PM »

Seasons 4-7 are really good. Everything else, not really. I just recently watched the entire series for the first time, and that's what I took away from it.
SRY

Stoney Mason

« Reply #19180 on: December 05, 2010, 10:52:56 PM »

It holds up fine. But then I also think the notion of "holding up" is a bit weird. As if everything is made to be put into a time capsule and last 1000 years. If I got enjoyment out of something even once then that is fine for me.

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #19181 on: December 05, 2010, 10:55:19 PM »
As I heard Larry David say in an audio commentary for one episode. The comedy in Seinfeld is more or less timeless. Sure, the fashion, brands, trends and technology are different now, but the situations and interaction between people are still easy to relate to.
SRY

Stoney Mason

« Reply #19182 on: December 05, 2010, 10:58:51 PM »
As I heard Larry David say in an audio commentary for one episode. The comedy in Seinfeld is more or less timeless. Sure, the fashion, brands, trends and technology are different now, but the situations and interaction between people are still easy to relate to.

The thing is that's what people do. The next generation will always come along and shit on elements of the past. Because they are out of the context of when that thing was created and also because they are trying to make their own stamp on the world. In 30 years Seinfeld will be treated like the way we treat I love Lucy now. As some interesting relic from a past age. That's just what time does.

Seinfeld was great and is important because there wasn't really a sitcom like that before. But now its so common, its not a big deal.

Its like the Beatles. It's why some people love them now and still marvel at them and other people think they are crap or "over-rated". It happens to everything.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 11:00:32 PM by Stoney Mason »

Fresh Prince

« Reply #19183 on: December 05, 2010, 11:01:17 PM »
^ pretty much.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19184 on: December 05, 2010, 11:10:42 PM »

Whenever somebody starts talking about like-ability of characters and treats that as overly a positive or negative about the quality of something, I put a little check in a box in my mind that they are either emotionally immature or fairly simplistic in their taste.

Yeah, I'd agree. Sometime it can be an issue, if there's a cast full of saccharine characters that never have any faults or ever have anything bad happen to them or a cast full of characters that have absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever. I can see situations where it could be a negative. But the idea that characters have to be likable or even relatable in order to be interesting or funny is really kind of dumb. Arrested Development if FILLED with unlikeable characters, but it's still hilarious. Pretty much the same with Seinfeld.
dog

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #19185 on: December 05, 2010, 11:11:40 PM »
Its like the Beatles. It's why some people love them now and still marvel at them and other people think they are crap or "over-rated". It happens to everything.

It's astounding it's the shit taste that gets preserved.
SRY

Himu

« Reply #19186 on: December 05, 2010, 11:12:38 PM »
Whoever says this has "aged" is a fucking distinguished mentally-challenged fellow

[youtube=560,345]LkklW7VEBHA[/youtube]

Seinfeld is about life and social interactions therein. It will never age because it is about the human experience.

Jesus christ that sounded so pretentious and artsy fartsy but it's the truth. You could analyze a lot of Seinfeld episodes at the university level.
IYKYK

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #19187 on: December 05, 2010, 11:17:42 PM »
Activism on the internet  ::)

this, they did that toon shit like a week a go over here and now is "put a yellow pic day to demand more education money from the government day" is like they thing they are actually protesting something or creating change by doing absolutely nothing.
Drunk

Stoney Mason

« Reply #19188 on: December 05, 2010, 11:17:53 PM »

Yeah, I'd agree. Sometime it can be an issue, if there's a cast full of saccharine characters that never have any faults or ever have anything bad happen to them or a cast full of characters that have absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever. I can see situations where it could be a negative. But the idea that characters have to be likable or even relatable in order to be interesting or funny is really kind of dumb. Arrested Development if FILLED with unlikeable characters, but it's still hilarious. Pretty much the same with Seinfeld.

There is an intelligent way to talk about likability. As in how the story is trying to present certain characters and if they are succeeding or failing especially in the context of a plot situation. But when somebody says something like I don't like X because none of the characters are likable. It really annoys me. Its the reason why television and most "art" is filled with barbie doll cookie cutter men and women. Because they are so desperately trying to create likable characters instead of telling interesting stories about how people really are. And guess what. Most people in real life aren't really likable. Or at least overly likable.  

Dickie Dee

« Reply #19189 on: December 05, 2010, 11:20:59 PM »

The thing is that's what people do. The next generation will always come along and shit on elements of the past. Because they are out of the context of when that thing was created and also because they are trying to make their own stamp on the world. In 30 years Seinfeld will be treated like the way we treat I love Lucy now. As some interesting relic from a past age. That's just what time does.

Seinfeld was great and is important because there wasn't really a sitcom like that before. But now its so common, its not a big deal.

I've been watching Cheers and it still "holds up"

Also as far as "holding up", you have to realize what a bland, commercialized, meritless, lowest common-denominator POS medium TV has been until the last decade. Anything of quality was something that somehow managed to be still in that forumulaic box without being formulaic crap.

To those that appreciate the strides TV has made in the past decade or so, there aren't many things that can survive, at least not enjoying them unqualified or "for their time".

I think it's a bit more merit to finding older shows hard to watch as TV is an immature medium that is finally maturing. It's not just one generation scoffing at the previous generation's fashion.
___

Diunx

« Reply #19190 on: December 05, 2010, 11:24:12 PM »

It holds up perfectly, I watch an episode everyday.
Drunk

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19191 on: December 05, 2010, 11:25:34 PM »

Anything of quality was something that somehow managed to be still in that forumulaic box without being formulaic crap.

MST3K was outside the box for 11 years. I still can't believe it lasted as long as it did and across three different channels/networks [KTMA, Comedy Central, Scifi Channel].
dog

Stoney Mason

« Reply #19192 on: December 05, 2010, 11:28:50 PM »

I've been watching Cheers and it still "holds up"

Also as far as "holding up", you have to realize what a bland, commercialized, meritless, lowest common-denominator POS medium TV has been until the last decade. Anything of quality was something that somehow managed to be still in that forumulaic box without being formulaic crap.

To those that appreciate the strides TV has made in the past decade or so, there aren't many things that can survive, at least not enjoying them unqualified or "for their time".

I think it's a bit more merit to finding older shows hard to watch as TV is an immature medium that is finally maturing. It's not just one generation scoffing at the previous generation's fashion.

Oh I definitely agree television is better now than it was at any time in the past. It's a better artform than it was in the past.

I still think the same cycle will hold. Even good stuff the next generation or two will dismiss or not see the big deal about or will think its less of a big deal. That's more what I was trying to say. The further you move away from when art was created it becomes more of a critic's thing rather than a regular people thing. Because regular people tend to stay relatively current with their generation. That's not to say great movies of the past or great music has been abandoned. I'm more saying it doesn't surprise me when some kid on GAF says Seinfeld sucks. Whatever you think is critically significant. Give it 20 or 30 years and you'll have somebody saying what was the big deal about X. Y doesn't hold up anymore. And modern stuff is better.

Or people saying things like they can't watch old movies. It's amazing how relatively current some "old movies" are labeled by some people.

In other words old man rant: "I hate young people!"
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 11:32:34 PM by Stoney Mason »

Dickie Dee

« Reply #19193 on: December 05, 2010, 11:31:51 PM »
That mealy-mouthed post was really me just saying that for the longest time it was just network tv and it was about as restrictive a format as there is.

And also, TV is an immature format and the above stunted it's growth, it's really just coming into it's own lately. I think looking at old shows and thinking their shite is more than just prejudice against things not of your time - people just weren't really good at TV back then.

How TV shows from the 70s "hold up" vs. how many Movies from the 70s "hold up" - it's not just ignorance about old shit.
___

Fresh Prince

« Reply #19194 on: December 05, 2010, 11:34:59 PM »
Damn I have to agree with siddx, I no longer found that funny. The situations may be timeless but the reactions I find to be boring. It's like life has imitated art (see earlier post). It hasn't held up because I can see what's coming up next and I've never seen 'The contest'.

In a sitcom every character on some level has to be likeable except if they are set up as some foil. You deal with unlikeable people everyday why do you want to watch something that you won't like and hence not laugh at?

Drama on the other hand is a different story.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #19195 on: December 05, 2010, 11:36:19 PM »
relatability is more important than likability in good characterization, imo

you can still relate to and find some common ground with a character you dislike, but if everything about the way they're portrayed strikes you as distant or alien, there's no way to overcome that disconnect
sup

Fresh Prince

« Reply #19196 on: December 05, 2010, 11:41:45 PM »
That too.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #19197 on: December 05, 2010, 11:42:24 PM »
Comedy is definitely different than drama but yeah I agree most stories need somebody for the viewer to relate to. What I dislike is when I watch shows where the characters feel like they were created with likability first and foremost and not relatability or any sort of real connection to how life actually works. It's why network TV is especially bad versus cable and then pay cable.

The Larry Sanders Show is one of my favorite shows of all time. And I like it because all of those characters are deeply flawed. Even the "good" ones and the ones you are supposed to relate to. They have their good points. But they have lots of petty and significant bad points. Just like real people. And they deal with the same shit that real people go through. Bad marriages. Cheating. Boozing, etc.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 11:44:00 PM by Stoney Mason »

Diunx

« Reply #19198 on: December 05, 2010, 11:42:35 PM »
Damn I have to agree with siddx, I no longer found that funny. The situations may be timeless but the reactions I find to be boring. It's like life has imitated art (see earlier post). It hasn't held up because I can see what's coming up next and I've never seen 'The contest'.

In a sitcom every character on some level has to be likeable except if they are set up as some foil. You deal with unlikeable people everyday why do you want to watch something that you won't like and hence not laugh at?

Drama on the other hand is a different story.

You suck.
Drunk

Diunx

« Reply #19199 on: December 05, 2010, 11:51:09 PM »
The only thing that the term "holds up" applies is for video games imo.
Drunk