Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1780773 times)

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Here!)
« Reply #19560 on: December 13, 2010, 11:53:43 AM »
wiki'd:

Gawker Media is an American online media company and blog network, founded and owned by Nick Denton based in New York City. It is considered[1] to be one of the most visible and successful blog-oriented media companies. As of March 2010[update], it is the parent company for 10 different weblogs, including Gawker.com, Fleshbot, Deadspin, Lifehacker, Gizmodo, io9, Kotaku, Jalopnik, Jezebel, Gawker.tv, and Cityfile.
sup

Himu

Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Here!)
« Reply #19561 on: December 13, 2010, 11:59:26 AM »
haven't heard of any of those except gizmodo, io9 and kotaku.
IYKYK

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #19562 on: December 13, 2010, 12:13:18 PM »
haven't heard of any of those except gizmodo, io9 and kotaku.

jalopnik is a big automotive blog.
MMA

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #19563 on: December 13, 2010, 12:26:15 PM »
Deadspin is a huge sports blog, even though it's fallen off a cliff the past few years. Lifehacker is a cool blog.
AMC

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #19564 on: December 13, 2010, 12:34:59 PM »
Guess it's a white people thing Himu :smug

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #19565 on: December 13, 2010, 12:42:55 PM »
http://www.mediaite.com/online/exclusive-gawker-hacker-gnosis-explains-method-and-reasoning-behind-his-actions/

We went after Gawker because of their outright arrogance. It took us a few hours to find a way to dump all their source code and a bit longer to find a way into their database.
We found an interesting quote in their Campfire logs:
Hamilton N.: Nick Denton Says Bring It On 4Chan, Right to My Home Address (After
The Jump)
Ryan T.: We Are Not Scared of 4chan Here at 210 Elizabeth St NY NY 10012
I mean if you say things like that, and attack sites like 4chan (Which we are not affiliated to) you must at least have the means to back yourself up. We considered what action we would take, and decided that the Gawkmedia “empire” needs to be brought down a peg or two. Our groups mission? We don’t have one.
We will be releasing the full source code dump along with the database at 9PM GMT today. You are the only outlet we have told the release time.

We cannot provide any more information as to how the attack was carried out, because this could be used against us.
We have been cracking the database for about 17 hours and have managed to retrieve 273,789 passwords. If our release schedule wasn’t so tight we could get 500,000+. Included in the dump are passwords linked to accounts from Nasa, about every .gov domain you could imagine and hundreds from banks. One can only pray that they do not use the same password everywhere. The actual database size is 1,247,897 rows, which is 80+% of their database.
(Private data redacted)
We have had access to all of their emails for a long time as well as most of their infrastructure powering the site. Gawkmedia has possibly the worst security I have ever seen. It is scary how poor it is. Their servers run horribly outdated kernel versions, their site is filled with numerous exploitable code and their database is publicly accessible.

We will be releasing the full source code to their site as well as the full database dump later today or tomorrow, when we get enough press to stir up the release. We will also be releasing a text file describing Gawkers numerous security failings.
Regards,
~Gnosis

More at the link.
Unzip

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19566 on: December 13, 2010, 12:47:42 PM »
Ah Gnosis, that noble, selfless man who's only looking out for everybody. Wouldn't want some evil hacker coming and stealing all their passwords and information, after all!
dog

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #19567 on: December 13, 2010, 12:49:48 PM »
http://blogs.forbes.com/firewall/2010/12/13/the-lessons-of-gawkers-security-mess/

Ah Gnosis, that noble, selfless man who's only looking out for everybody. Wouldn't want some evil hacker coming and stealing all their passwords and information, after all!

My enemy's enemy is my friend etc etc.
Unzip

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #19568 on: December 13, 2010, 12:50:34 PM »
"We're offended that they went after 4chan, but we're not affiliated with them, or even visit the site, or even know what the url is, or anything.  Coppers."
sup

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #19569 on: December 13, 2010, 12:52:14 PM »
lol yeah that line got me rolling.

Also:

One can only pray that they do not use the same password everywhere.

Or one can refrain from releasing such sensitive information.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 12:55:12 PM by Shah Rukh Khan »
Unzip

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #19570 on: December 13, 2010, 12:53:44 PM »
one can only pray!  pray, i tell you!
sup

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #19571 on: December 13, 2010, 03:17:53 PM »
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
___

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #19572 on: December 13, 2010, 03:35:46 PM »
WAT
Unzip

Robo

« Reply #19573 on: December 13, 2010, 03:43:04 PM »
I can't hear it because I'm at work, but it seems to parody the end of the Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.  :bow
obo

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #19574 on: December 13, 2010, 04:31:21 PM »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19575 on: December 13, 2010, 04:38:32 PM »
That's a lot of quarters.
dog

Himu

« Reply #19576 on: December 13, 2010, 04:41:18 PM »

Reminds me of these gems:

[youtube=560,345]Lzo8xADFwjA[/youtube]

[youtube=560,345]26BWe3h13j0[/youtube]

[youtube=560,345]_0oF_G4aWSU[/youtube]

IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #19577 on: December 13, 2010, 04:42:57 PM »
[youtube=560,345]dOP76UyeDJM[/youtube]

:bow
IYKYK

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #19578 on: December 13, 2010, 04:49:29 PM »

uh... i don't remember yogi bear being like this... what's the deal with these video? are they older than the yogi bear i know? parody? or what?
<----

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19579 on: December 13, 2010, 04:51:06 PM »

uh... i don't remember yogi bear being like this... what's the deal with these video? are they older than the yogi bear i know? parody? or what?

Dude, it's John Kricfalusi.
dog

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #19581 on: December 13, 2010, 05:45:06 PM »

Dude, it's John Kricfalusi.

never heard of the guy
<----

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #19582 on: December 13, 2010, 05:53:43 PM »
uh... he's the guy who started Ren & Stimpy.
fat

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #19584 on: December 13, 2010, 08:19:16 PM »

egg beater  :lol

edit:  picture fail :(

« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 08:32:24 PM by Father_Mike »

lennedsay

• Senior MILF
« Reply #19585 on: December 13, 2010, 08:29:08 PM »
Lose 30 pounds fast; chop off your leg! :lol

It's not far from a real cover either. They all have the same 101 sex tips for this or that. And they're tips you'd absolutely expect a woman to come up with. Some of the most homo sounding shit on the planet. I'm too busy having crazy, hot sex to be bothered to tickle his prostrate with rose petals soaked in lavender essential oil.

Edit: WTF happened?! Eh just post a cover of Cosmo and it's just as ridiculous.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 08:30:42 PM by lennedsay »
(|)

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #19586 on: December 13, 2010, 08:32:58 PM »
Is it back?  I couldn't see it after I posted it.

lennedsay

• Senior MILF
« Reply #19587 on: December 13, 2010, 08:36:28 PM »
I saw it then I didn't and now I see it. WTF?!

Edit: nm can't see it now
(|)

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #19588 on: December 13, 2010, 08:40:03 PM »
I't gone.  I blame Demi.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #19589 on: December 13, 2010, 09:16:57 PM »
Why arent you tickling his prostate? Feels good man.
fat

lennedsay

• Senior MILF
« Reply #19590 on: December 13, 2010, 09:32:07 PM »
Yea, but not with rose petals soaked in lavender oil. Please understand. It's always half decent or :duh advice mixed with the most homo thing imaginable that men absolutely do not care about.

They have the worst advice ever in women's magazines. No wonder women are so weird/crazy/psychopathic. "How to snag a man: Tip #102 - Be fucking weird. MEN LOVE IT!" Well, I guess some guys do though, just like some girls love assholes.
(|)

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #19591 on: December 13, 2010, 09:36:22 PM »

31 foot snowman built in Poland over 6 days.

:borys

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #19592 on: December 13, 2010, 09:55:27 PM »
gonna be comedy when that thing thaws and washes away the dude's house and family
vjj

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #19593 on: December 13, 2010, 11:36:01 PM »

[youtube=560,345]rwufm8v9beo&   [/youtube]

« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 11:38:37 PM by ToxicAdam »

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #19594 on: December 13, 2010, 11:38:03 PM »
Blackface?
Unzip

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #19595 on: December 14, 2010, 12:03:28 AM »
gonna be comedy when that thing thaws and washes away the dude's house and family

Please Understand :borys
Drunk

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #19596 on: December 14, 2010, 05:54:55 AM »

i don't recall "wakfu" ever getting announced... apparently it's a f2p french browser MMORPG :lol :lol
what's this stuff about gawker leak?

They misspelled "waifu"...

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #19597 on: December 14, 2010, 06:22:56 AM »

I think that sums up most internet justice pretty well: self absorbed with justifications that are completely irrelevant.

It's why people who download a movie claim they are doing it to fuck the man.  In reality, they just want free shit.
🍆🍆

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #19598 on: December 14, 2010, 09:06:10 AM »

:teehee

:rock
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 10:36:45 AM by Mamacint »
___

cool breeze

« Reply #19600 on: December 14, 2010, 12:28:51 PM »
Africa :bow2

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #19601 on: December 14, 2010, 12:46:42 PM »

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #19602 on: December 14, 2010, 01:11:05 PM »
Communism hates facebook.
©ZH

Robo

« Reply #19604 on: December 14, 2010, 02:26:29 PM »
The AV Club updated their 90's rock feature: http://www.avclub.com/articles/part-6-1995-live-bush-and-alanis-morissette-take-t,49004/2/

Reminded me of a time in middle school when I gave some bro in home room a copy of Bush's Sixteen Stone for a mandatory Christmas gift exchange without having ever listened to it myself.  I bought it for myself a few months later and felt like such a jerkass upon realizing it was almost entirely terrible. 

I did love Alanis Morrissette unabashedly at the time though, so I guess I didn't actually have any right to pop my monacle.
obo

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #19605 on: December 14, 2010, 02:40:35 PM »
Yeah, you're a dick.  There's only 3 good songs on that cd.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #19606 on: December 14, 2010, 02:49:59 PM »

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #19607 on: December 14, 2010, 02:51:43 PM »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #19609 on: December 14, 2010, 03:00:41 PM »

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #19610 on: December 14, 2010, 03:06:33 PM »

T234

• Canadian Legal Expert and Hillballer
« Reply #19611 on: December 14, 2010, 03:08:58 PM »
That cash 4 gold picture has me dying :lol
UK

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #19612 on: December 14, 2010, 03:09:28 PM »
 :o damn
©ZH

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #19613 on: December 14, 2010, 03:10:15 PM »
That cash 4 gold picture has me dying :lol
You never sent me a follow up PM  :)

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #19614 on: December 14, 2010, 03:41:23 PM »
the big nostalgia image

Some of these are a total miss for me, but other ones hit so close to home.

Space Jam > Everything.
SRY

« Reply #19615 on: December 14, 2010, 03:43:11 PM »
the big nostalgia image

I was too old for a lot of those (Rugrats, Doug, All That, Keenan and Kel, Catdog, Space Jam, Power Rangers, etc.), but some still hit home with me.
野球

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #19616 on: December 14, 2010, 03:45:43 PM »
Oh man, Mr. Gundam.  You missed so much good stuff.

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #19617 on: December 14, 2010, 03:48:26 PM »
Seriously, Gundam.

I was too old for a lot of those (Rugrats, Doug, All That, Keenan and Kel, Catdog, Space Jam, Power Rangers, etc.), but some still hit home with me.

All of those are absolutely fantastic. I love Power Rangers, but it's not very good if you don't have nostalgia for it. Doug and Catdog are just :yuck tho
SRY

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #19618 on: December 14, 2010, 03:58:23 PM »
^ aren't you, like, too young to remember most of those shows?

That is unless you're Canadian, where some of those shows are still considered newish.
Unzip

Robo

« Reply #19619 on: December 14, 2010, 04:00:35 PM »
I always hated Nickelodeon, save for Ren & Stimpy and Rocko - the only shows that were actually funny; yes, even then.  I was an MTV brat when most of those shows were airing.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 04:19:25 PM by Robo »
obo